GGT #200 With Special Guest Appearances From CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ihadFG']I've never heard of this but it sounds delicious.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='linkpwns']It's basically pumpkin cheese cake.

I was fat, I know these things.[/QUOTE]
It actually tastes like it's own unique thing though - I've had plenty of pumpkin cheesecake, and this is significantly better.

[quote name='linkpwns']KotOR is to RPGs what Half Life 1 is to shooters.

Discuss.[/QUOTE]
I can buy that.

Though I think the original Half-Life has aged better. KotOR is clumsy and simplistic, but the basic shooting of Half-Life still feels good.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']My favorite is probably cherry, although pumpkin is delicious too. Especially when it is pumpkin cream cheese pie like this.
exps24993_RDS1339619D57A.jpg

What's the link again?[/QUOTE]

That's the only kind of pumpkin pie I like.

[quote name='The Crotch']I can buy that.

Though I think the original Half-Life has aged better. KotOR is clumsy and simplistic, but the basic shooting of Half-Life still feels good.[/QUOTE]
The difference being that a good chunk of Half-Life always sucked. Whether the basic shooting feels good or not, the game goes to shit in the end.

Also, both pie and pumpkin suck. Cheesecake is the shit though.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm getting fat on Wawa pumpkin frappuccinos and classic gobblers[/QUOTE]

Gotta bulk somehow

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I still play it to this day and I think it's fine.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I still love KotOR.

[quote name='ihadFG']I've never heard of this but it sounds delicious.[/QUOTE]
IT IS SO fuckING GOOD. GODDAMMIT.
[quote name='linkpwns']It's basically pumpkin cheese cake.

I was fat, I know these things.[/QUOTE]
True. I try to eat it when I can, but oh shit, so fattening.

I'mma cheesecake mang, myself. I'll try anything at least once.

Thing that I realized immediately and did not have to come to a conclusion about in retrospect: the little "yank the camera away from you for ten seconds while someone who should not be a voice actor pretends that he is a voice actor" bits in the new Xcom are fucking terrible.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The difference being that a good chunk of Half-Life always sucked. Whether the basic shooting feels good or not, the game goes to shit in the end.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually say that all of Half-Life 1 is still enjoyable all the way through, maybe the final boss is a little silly, but outside of that I still really enjoy the game, I manage to play it once every couple of years. I mean the game is fairly dated at this point, so I can totally understand someone having a hard time going back to it, but I still totally love it and always will.

Now Opposing Force, that game was paced kind of strangely and the final battle is super anit-climactic, played through that for the second time ever recently and it was a bit less enjoyable than back when it originally came out.

I never got the love for Half-Life...or Half-Life 2.

But on the Bioware side of the argument I don't get the love for most of their games.

So in short, Bioware and Valve both suck.

[quote name='TheLongshot']That's the only kind of pumpkin pie I like.[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Also, both pie and pumpkin suck. Cheesecake is the shit though.[/QUOTE]

How is it possible to disagree and agree with you so hard at the same time?

[quote name='whoknows']I never got the love for Half-Life...or Half-Life 2.

But on the Bioware side of the argument I don't get the love for most of their games.

So in short, Bioware and Valve both suck.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the love for bugthesda or obsidian's game.

[quote name='distgfx']

I don't get the love for bugthesda or obsidian's game.[/QUOTE]

Obsidian did make Alpha Protocol which is better than any Bioware game.

Opposing Force: fucking loved it, but I'm a little afraid to go back and play it. And yeah, that final boss was easy as shit.

Alpha Protocol: It's on sale for five dollars, so I'm downloading it right now. From my brief bit of research, I have learned that:

1. There's a shitload of stuff you will miss on your first run.
2. Their project lead left the company half-way through making the game.
3. Sega thought that it wasn't "RPGish enough", forcing a poorly done reworking of the combat system.
4. Though the game's release was delayed for months so it would come out at a better time, Obsidian was not allowed to work on it during this time. The why of that is known to approximately zero people.
5. fucking tits everywhere.

So... my expectations aren't very high.

[quote name='The Crotch']So... my expectations aren't very high.[/QUOTE]

My expectations were an Obsidian game, I was pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='Indignate']My expectations were for something worse than Mass Effect.

So I wasn't surprised.[/QUOTE]

You're wrong or something.

[quote name='whoknows']My expectations were for something better than Mass Effect.

Expectations were met.[/QUOTE]
hA6t2.jpg

Alpha Protocol is a pile of shit. I'd rather play RE6 for the rest of eternity than play AP ever again.
[quote name='The Crotch']And a good chunk of KotOR always sucked, too. Manaan? The Star Forge?[/QUOTE]
I thought the Star Forge was fine. Manaan sucked only because of the Selkath and they're supposed to suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good god, they're basically changing the entire game:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/19/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-patch-notes-pt-1/

Which isn't a bad thing, because boost combos are getting beat with the nerf stick and HARD. Also, you can combo into Guy's air throw again.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Alpha Protocol is a pile of shit. I'd rather play RE6 for the rest of eternity than play AP every again.[/QUOTE]

In his defense, he didn't say AP wasn't a pile of shit. He just thinks that ME is a bigger pile of shit and I agree.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
I thought the Star Forge was fine. Manaan sucked only because of the Selkath and they're supposed to suck.[/QUOTE]
The Star Forge sucked because it spent the entirety of its existence shouting, "HEY! THIS GAME DOESN'T GIVE YOU GOOD CONTROL OVER YOUR PARTY."

Manaan sucked because of its shitty final dungeon.

EDIT: Okay, and yeah, the Selkath voices. All the alien voices, really.

God damn RPG voice acting.

[quote name='distgfx']In his defense, he didn't say AP wasn't a pile of shit. He just thinks that ME is a bigger pile of shit and I agree.[/QUOTE]
The opinion is still just as laughable, if not more. Alpha Protocol, lol.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The opinion is still just as laughable, if not more. Alpha Protocol, lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand.

[quote name='Indignate']If you change that Strider to Zero, then Uraizen can answer all your questions about how to run a cheap team.[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up.
It's true.
Fighting-Games-General-KoF-edition1.jpeg

[quote name='whoknows']AP is slightly better shit than people say it is.

ME is of the worst shit and people pretend it's good.[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that.

Finished the Pirates DLC for Borderlands 2. Damn solid DLC, can't wait for the next 3.

Pretty much done with that character for now--until more DLC, or some friends finish the main game and want to do True Vault Hunter mode together. I don't have the patience to try to do much solo in that mode.

I'll probably start a Mechromancer play through next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back