GGT 249 welcomes everyone

Hold up.

I get to help put together Benjamin Franklin's almanack? The one that says that you should get with older woman cuz they try harder in bed?

Fantastic.
Connor helped plan the whole american revolution. Something I bet you didn't learn in your history books.

How far are you into the game? Are you still playing as Haytham?

I hated Connor no matter what. He's a dickhead.
Yeah he really annoyed me in the story probably why they dumped his ass already everyone agreed

Is troy baker doing the voice of the new assassin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously? I watched pretty much all of them as they came on. I think the place I stopped watching was Wild Force. Ninja Storm was especially badass.
Heh, yeah, I don't really remember anything outside of MMPR, I might have seen some of the other ones back when they came out but I just don't remember them at all, and to see them still being made now is kinda crazy.

How was the DLC in content/length/gameplay?
Its pretty short I haven't beat the last one yet got kinda bored you earn new powers on each dlc and they carry over to each new DLC. They're about 3-4 hours long each
You're basically Connor before he learned how to be assassin but still retains the memories of his former self

I looked on Netflix at Power Rangers for laughs before and there are just way too many episodes, it's a little ridiculous.

Yeah, I have no idea what's what, there's the main series, spin offs, movies, tv movies, and of course some knock offs as well, it's just kinda surprising there are like 700+ episodes as I really haven't heard anything about them since when I was a kid growing up
Its based on a super sentai japanese series that is still ongoing so it will keep having new material to work with.

I used to love the hell out of the two original movies and watch the show and drool over the zord toys. Great memories.

The really fun thing though is looking up some of the absolutely atrocious ripoff shows like Tattooed teenage alien fighters from Beverly HIlls (look it up)

Its based on a super sentai japanese series that is still ongoing so it will keep having new material to work with.

I used to love the hell out of the two original movies and watch the show and drool over the zord toys. Great memories.

The really fun thing though is looking up some of the absolutely atrocious ripoff shows like Tattooed teenage alien fighters from Beverly HIlls (look it up)
huh, I knew that it was based off of Super Sentai but was unaware that was still running as well. Never heard of tattooed teenage alien fighters from Beverly Hills but wow what a name lol, it looks terrible!

huh, I knew that it was based off of Super Sentai but was unaware that was still running as well. Never heard of tattooed teenage alien fighters from Beverly Hills but wow what a name lol, it looks terrible!
You have to watch that show in action. Its incredible how terrible it is

An absolute spectacle.

Its pretty short I haven't beat the last one yet got kinda bored you earn new powers on each dlc and they carry over to each new DLC. They're about 3-4 hours long each
You're basically Connor before he learned how to be assassin but still retains the memories of his former self
This sounds ri-goddamn-tarded.

I continue to have a lot of fun with Forza: Horizon. It's just the right mix of sim and arcade. I have to be in the right mood to play though.

I dig older women too, but not that fucking old.  I mean, Franklin was straight up into grannies.  That's just freaky weird.  Stay out of the snuff Ben you perv!

Well I guess I went wrong I'm a decade older than my wife...
All women are freaks though, so it's okay no matter who you're banging!

I dig older women too, but not that fucking old. I mean, Franklin was straight up into grannies. That's just freaky weird. Stay out of the snuff Ben you perv!
Well, think about it... They have lots of money, they're freaky, and they hit menopause so that means jizz city. It's perfection.

Well, my PS3's laser is officially burned out. Hasn't read a damn thing all day everytime I've tried. Guess I'm stuck with downloaded games until I can replace it.

You guys missed some top tier Injustice play between Uraizen and I tonight. Aquaman, Scorp, Superman, and Grundy all day.
:nottalking:

You guys missed some top tier Injustice play between Uraizen and I tonight. Aquaman, Scorp, Superman, and Grundy all day.
I re-watched captain america today I think its my favorite super hero movie made me want to start reading all the shit I have on him but was just too lazy

:nottalking:

I re-watched captain america today I think its my favorite super hero movie made me want to start reading all the shit I have on him but was just too lazy
It is a fantastic movie and you should totally read his stuff, but stick to the Brubaker stuff. The newest book is a pile of shit. And not just because it's JRJR farting out warmed over pencils.

I beat Scorpion with Shazam, I'm the winner tonight.
That is true.

I put jalapeno cream cheese on a blueberry bagel tonight, so therefore, I am the winner of tonight!
That sounds so good.

Does anybody still care about Assassin's Creed 3 spoilers? I know I don't.

That Templar reveal was pretty good, even though I already knew about it.

I like how I put together the group of antagonist that Conner is obviously going to have to kill. Pretty good again. I also like how they've all turned into assholes now.

I agree with all of that. It was the best part and only real good part in the game aside from the Naval battles.

Man, just finished Wolverine. That game is a LOT shorter than I remember. Maybe took me 10 hours overall. That final boss battle with Deadpool was super fucking easy, too.

lol, shouldn't you be eating that for breakfast.
Ehhh, I eat food like that all the time lol, just depends on what I'm feeling at the time really.

That sounds so good.
It really was, that Philadelphia Jalapeno cream cheese is actually really good!

Okay, so I'm getting a 3DS tomorrow and am thinking of what games I should get.

What should I get guys?
A lot, there's a lot of good games on that system lol, most genres are covered depending on what you like.

What should I get guys?
Super Mario 3D Land is fantastic. Probably my favorite Mario game since Super Mario World.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is video game crack--I'm playing the shit out of that currently. It's my first game in the series though, so may be less appealing if you've played prior entries since it's apparently just more of the same.

I've really only played those two since getting my 3DS XL. Also have Luigi's Mansion 2 that I haven't touched, the Star Fox 64 remake that was free in the promo for buying the system and LM2 and the Zelda Oracle games from the eshop.

Other games on my radar to get eventually based on reviews/recommendations: Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakenings, Resident Evil Revelations and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Probably also grab NSMB2 at some point, despite the reviews being so-so.

Finally beat The Last of Us.

I thought it got better in the second half but the ending.....uhh.....not sure how i feel about it. :/

Just beat Deadpool, the last 2 sections are fucking ridiculous and not in a good way. But I still enjoyed the game.

What should I get guys?
Fire Emblem.

Probably Super Mario 3D Land, Project X Zone, Zelda Ocarina, & Kingdom Hearts as well.

MK 7 is only good if u have local friends, nothing but cheaters online. Luigi's Mansion & Animal Crossing get high praise as well but I haven't played them.

Does anybody still care about Assassin's Creed 3 spoilers? I know I don't.

That Templar reveal was pretty good, even though I already knew about it.

I like how I put together the group of antagonist that Conner is obviously going to have to kill. Pretty good again. I also like how they've all turned into assholes now.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ[/video]

What should I get guys?
Etrian Odyssey IV, but you knew that :whee:

I'm with MSUHitman in that MK7 is skippable. Sadly, it doesn't have very many good new courses.

Whenever someone asks what 3DS games to get I have to throw in Ghost Recon Shadow Wars on top of all the other good stuff everyone said.  So yeah, that.  It's a turn-based tactics game directed by the person that made the original XCOM.

And don't forget to check out the eshop. Lots of good stuff there.

Oh and I don't think anyone mentioned Rhythm Thief, which is an interesting little rhythm adventure game.

How does it compare to Uncharted series?
I'm only 6 or 7 hours into it,but it's very different from Uncharted. The controls are the same, but otherwise the gameplay is pretty different.

Much more focus on stealth, and sneaking past enemies (or just running past them). Throwing bottles in another direction to get clickers (who can hear but not see) to run the other way etc.

It's a survival horror game without shitty tank controls, more or less.

Animal Crossing dawg. Dat shit is like crack. CRACK I tell you...
Yes it is. I've been dropping an hour or two a day into it every day since launch other than when out of town with friends last weekend. Even then I still got 20-30 mins a day in.

Whenever someone asks what 3DS games to get I have to throw in Ghost Recon Shadow Wars on top of all the other good stuff everyone said. So yeah, that. It's a turn-based tactics game directed by the person that made the original XCOM.

And don't forget to check out the eshop. Lots of good stuff there.

Oh and I don't think anyone mentioned Rhythm Thief, which is an interesting little rhythm adventure game.
I'll second Ghost Recon, I played that a ton when it came out.

For me, the 3DS is a nostalgia machine -- I bought it to play stuff that recaptures those classic Nintendo days...

With that said, here's what I've gotten thus far:

Luigi's Mansion 2
NSMB2
Super Mario 3D Land (free with purchase of 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion 2)

Mario Kart 7

Donkey Kong Country Returns

LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Starfox 64

RE: Revelations

Shinobi

Metroid II: Return of Samus

LoZ: Oracle of Seasons 

LoZ: Oracle of Ages

I still need LoZ: Link's Awakening, but I'm waiting to see what games are going to be offered to Gold members for free next week.

Other than that, next on my 3DS list is LoZ: A Link Between Worlds.

Maybe by the time that comes out I will have finished Luigi's Mansion 2. :rofl:

Edit: Josh told me that the Ghost Recon game was good, but I haven't bothered yet.  I'm also interested in checking out the Castlevania game when it drops in price.

How does it compare to Uncharted series?
Well, they're both very overrated for one.

TLOU is a bit long and glitchy at some points, and has bad ai. I don't recall Uncharted being like this.

To be honest, I think i disliked this game more than i liked it. There are some parts that are very frustrating. I was kinda disappointed with the ending so that didn't help it's case either.

I don't know. The game just didn't click with me. :( Worth a rent i guess.

Man, that Ultimate Sale Live is supposed to have made me super depressed. I think I may try to pick up some cheap points and get a couple of things even though I can't download anything right now.

What sale?
Starts sometime this week (Monday, maybe?)

Assassin’s Creed 3
BioShock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Crysis
Crysis 3
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Dragon Age Origins
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Forza Horizon
Gears of War: Judgment
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Hitman: Absolution
Kinect Sports 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Lego Lord of the Rings
Mass Effect
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Monopoly Streets
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
WWE 13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

If it's like the last one, there will be some really great discounts.

Well, they're both very overrated for one.

TLOU is a bit long and glitchy at some points, and has bad ai. I don't recall Uncharted being like this.

To be honest, I think i disliked this game more than i liked it. There are some parts that are very frustrating. I was kinda disappointed with the ending so that didn't help it's case either.

I don't know. The game just didn't click with me. :( Worth a rent i guess.

Yeah, I just hit a spot where I kept dying over and over and over again. It was so bad, the damn game told me to set "lock" for auto targeting in the options (it's bad when a game tells you to cheat to get past a section), but I was already playing on "Easy" at that point. Da fuq??

Yeah, this game. Overhype 110%.

With Uncharted, it's light-hearted, humorous, has high action and adventure, and doesn't take itself too seriously, so I could forgive any faults. But TLoU has the same faults and then some (why the fuck can't Joel jump anywhere?? He can take a beating from a zombie, but he can't fucking climb a pipe, jump a few feet, or dodge roll? You can't dodge or evade in the post-apocalyptic future??) and the somber tone just makes all these problems come to the surface so much more intensely.

If I ever finish this game, there's no way I'm going to do New Game Plus or any of that trophy chasing shit. To platinum this game, you have to finish it on the highest difficulty which, thus far, I've heard is painful and not too fun.

bread's done
Back