GGT #32, plain and simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought GeOW was a good game but I think people got a little too excited about it when it came out (chainsaws can do that to people).

The game had only like 10 weapons, including sidearms and grenades, so going cover to cover in single player got a little boring. Then the online only had 2-3 modes which were pretty much identical to each other -- plus all the glitches and how the gameplay didn't transfer over too well to the online portion (cover based shooter turning into sprinting shotgun fests).

And yes, probably the worst online community I've ever played with =D

As for GeOW 2, I thought it was a pretty bad sequel, to be honest. I know a lot of big GeOW fans who were upset over it too.

The reason why I like Gears is because I like it like beer; I can have my time with it to chill out by myself or have a good time with friends. It's the one few games I like removing my brain and just having a good time.

I chose 2 day shipping for SCII, and it arrives tomorrow anyway, wheee!

Not sure what to do with the CE now. Got it for $70, and was really hoping to sell the pet for $50.
Now I'm not so sure, but I really want to play the SP campaign.

[quote name='distgfx']Die.

It's fun.[/QUOTE]

430.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The reason why I like Gears is because I like it like beer; I can have my time with it to chill out by myself or have a good time with friends. It's the one few games I like removing my brain and just having a good time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Does GGT think Carmine should live or die?[/QUOTE]I'd like to see him die, but I also wanna see him last until the very end. I liked how you knew Carmine was gonna die in the 2nd game, but they dragged it out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Now you know why everyone ignores you. :cool:[/QUOTE]I still like him more than Paco.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The reason why I like Gears is because I like it like beer; I can have my time with it to chill out by myself or have a good time with friends. It's the one few games I like removing my brain and just having a good time.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. :bouncy:

Gears is definitely fun. It's just a shame that the lag was so bad in the second game :(

Man, we really played the shit out of Gears 1 though. Unfortunately, all the cool CAG broskis that I played Gears 1 with have jobs / real lives now. Except for Rolento, who's a nerd.

[quote name='dallow']I chose 2 day shipping for SCII, and it arrives tomorrow anyway, wheee!

Not sure what to do with the CE now. Got it for $70, and was really hoping to sell the pet for $50.
Now I'm not so sure, but I really want to play the SP campaign.[/QUOTE]

You could buy WoW :whee:

[quote name='Chacrana']Gears is definitely fun. It's just a shame that the lag was so bad in the second game :(

Man, we really played the shit out of Gears 1 though. Unfortunately, all the cool CAG broskis that I played Gears 1 with have jobs / real lives now. Except for Rolento, who's a nerd.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man we will definitely have to play #3. Many of my most entertaining nights online gaming were in Gears 1 with you guys.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think we can be friends anymore, Cap'n.[/QUOTE]
Aww, say it ain't so, Frosty! You're one of my favorite people in the thread!

Have you seen his picture yet for this game? He's on da juice!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Aww, say it ain't so, Frosty! You're one of my favorite people in the thread!

Have you seen his picture yet for this game? He's on da juice![/QUOTE]

Only the one picture that accompanied the SAVE CARMINE announcement, I think. I've steered myself away from checking out Gears 3 stuff until we see what the extent of GUNDAM influence is. :S

I'm surprised people want Carmine to live, what happened to the internet?! I was sure it would be unanimous.

And I to am waiting on Starcraft 2, I didn't play too much of the beta and I only played UMS near the end. If the story is insanely good maybe I'll make an exception.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']You're not allowed to play gears, just the wii[/QUOTE]

That's ok, I heard your not allowed to play with women, only men and their dicks ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Gears is definitely fun. It's just a shame that the lag was so bad in the second game :(

Man, we really played the shit out of Gears 1 though. Unfortunately, all the cool CAG broskis that I played Gears 1 with have jobs / real lives now. Except for Rolento, who's a nerd.[/QUOTE]

Art$$$. get it right.

I think those gears games forever marked me as the man I am known as now on CAG, for worse or worse.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']That's ok, I heard your not allowed to play with women, only men and their dicks ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

It's funny because it's true. I call it fun fun Jesus time.

[quote name='gunm']Just name the time and day for GGT game night.[/QUOTE]
Same! I usually have a pretty clear schedule so I can play most nights.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Art$$$. get it right.

I think those gears games forever marked me as the man I am known as now on CAG, for worse or worse.[/QUOTE]

lol, we called you an art$$$ so much that you actually turned into one.

I sold Gears 1 a looooong time ago when y'all stopped playing it :(

And while I wasn't planning on getting Gears 3, I'll probably nab it if you guys are gonna be playing. Just hope the shotgun's not so gay this time around.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think you're cool Rolento.[/QUOTE]

is this backwards day???

[quote name='Chacrana']lol, we called you an art$$$ so much that you actually turned into one.

I sold Gears 1 a looooong time ago when y'all stopped playing it :(

And while I wasn't planning on getting Gears 3, I'll probably nab it if you guys are gonna be playing. Just hope the shotgun's not so gay this time around.[/QUOTE]

I'll get Gears 3. and yes, though i love shotty and pistol the most they need work...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'll get Gears 3. and yes, though i love shotty and pistol the most they need work...[/QUOTE]

Nice man really looking forward to it now, knowing that all of you guys are going to get it.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah man we will definitely have to play #3. Many of my most entertaining nights online gaming were in Gears 1 with you guys.[/QUOTE]I remember the last FGT Gears session I participated in. I think I only got chainsaw kills, and Jekki even showed up! He didn't say anything though. :x

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']That's ok, I heard your not allowed to play with women, only men and their dicks ;)[/QUOTE]
2vj8pld.gif

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
seriously
[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey what the fuck is the point to do anything

After high school life is downhill and has no point.[/QUOTE]
Oh now he knows. It seems like yesterday when our little GGT Jesus boy was leaving Highschool and going into the depressing abyss known as the "real world". Welcome bitch!

Bandai picked up the Tales of Abyss anime and Turn A Gundam? Those are 2 of the last things I expected anyone to ever bring over here. Maybe I should finally finish up ToA the game...

Is the Gears 2 multiplayer still lag filled? Like, when was the last patch?

I remember wanting to play it a lot with friends, but then they moved to MW2. So I want to see if I still got it. Last map I bought for it was the Winter themed ones. Or Dark Corners which ever came last.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Is the Gears 2 multiplayer still lag filled?

I remember wanting to play it a lot with friends, but then they moved to MW2. So I want to see if I still got it. Last map I bought for it was the Winter themed ones.[/QUOTE]

It varies. I really thought I was host sometimes when it was so smooth,but I wasn't.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Is the Gears 2 multiplayer still lag filled? Like, when was the last patch?

I remember wanting to play it a lot with friends, but then they moved to MW2. So I want to see if I still got it. Last map I bought for it was the Winter themed ones. Or Dark Corners which ever came last.[/QUOTE]

They just had another patch back in April or May. I haven't actually fired it up, but have been tempted to. My GF used to like to play horde mode with other CAGs.

[quote name='jman619']It varies. I really thought I was host sometimes when it was so smooth,but I wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Well, judging by the TU6 update, the host picking is better.

"Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data has been added."

It should have been like that in the first place...

[quote name='dallow']Gonna play SC1 off the thumb drive Chac?[/QUOTE]

Prolly at some point. But Ima play SC2 first, because I wanna be like the cool kids.

I want to pick up BlazBlue, but i'm waiting to see which version is better first. I know marginal differences don't really matter, but who wants a worse version? $$$s only.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I just can't play any real time strat games. As much as they look exciting they bore me as much as most sim golf games.[/QUOTE]

I typically don't like RTS games, either. They're fun for a bit, but then they remind you that it's a boring genre. There are a few exceptions, however. And there's a few RTS games that stray from RTS traditions like boredom and repetition that are much better than you might expect.

Yeah, I've never been able to get into RTS games at all either. Tried a few times with SC1 as I had friends who played, but just not my cup of tea.

Games have to be pretty fast paced, action oriented (and with you controlling combat etc., not just giving commands) and require as little thinking as possible for me to really get into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back