Ggt#60: Ggt2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am going to New York in September, just wondering where the Nintendo Store is and what other cool shit I should see. Video game related shit that is.

[quote name='Kendal']Hey guys, I am going to New York in September, just wondering where the Nintendo Store is and what other cool shit I should see. Video game related shit that is.[/quote]

I don't live in NYC directly, but in Staten Island, one of the shitty boroughs.
The Nintendo Store is in Rockefeller Center. That's worth a visit, I'd say.
What kinda video game stuff you lookin' to see?
Like video game centers and whatnot?
Or do you wanna do some shopping?

Guys, I made my tradelist.
Check it out here

Okay, now that I've actually seen it, I think it's safe to say the end of MGS3 is the most emotional ending to a game I've seen. Even knowing what happens in it, I still teared up for The Boss. I'm not quite sure what I think my favorite MGS game is anymore. I think I'll go play MGS2 next in my going through the games backwards that I didn't plan on doing, :lol:

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Folklore
RE4
Okami
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion but it's too late. I already started RE4. :)

It has a very .. clunky .. control scheme which will take a little bit for me to get used to but it seems interesting and has a good atmosphere that makes me a bit nervous while playing it.

[quote name='refusedchaos']I remember i laughed at some guys dressing up as Sora (they looked like flaming $$$s) and he said to me "Don't be mad cause your not hardcore like us" :rofl: I hope i have a blast at AX.....how much money should i bring?[/QUOTE]I'd probably dress up like Sora if I went. :p

Played a little CoD4 and almost done with Act. 3 on MGS4.

I'm heavily contemplating picking up Soul Calibur. Never played it, I have 2 on the Cube. It was ok. So...tempting. Not sure what to do.

I'm continuing to trudge away at my 35 hour emblem hoarding run in MGS4. 8 hours in and I'm still on Act 1 :p This run is such a pain.

In terms of playability of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 can someone rank these from most playable to least?

Xbox Version
Xbox Version on Xbox 360
PS2 Version
PS2 Version on PlayStation 3
Dreamcast Version

If you have the xbox version, invest in an xbox. The emulation on 360 is garbage. I've never tried the PS2 version or the DC version. DC version is supposedly the best.

[quote name='KingBroly']I hate gift cards personally. Why not just let me keep my cash instead of using that gift card?[/quote]

Because a gift card can only be spent at one store.

Got off work early, so I'll head up to Anime Expo now...

Sucks I'll only have 2 or so hours to go around and shop... o wellzzz

thats what Friday and Saturday are for ^_^

I plan to play Warhawk tonight with CAG. However, I decided I will go golfing with my Dad tonight, but I better get back in time for Warhawk night (I promised to host).

I'm tempted to pay for Qore to get Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, but we'll see.

I'm wondering how good the PS2 version plays on the PS3. I would rather not set up the Xbox and I don't know if I want to invest in a Dreamcast.

yeah, the DC version is the most arcade-accurate.

if you're just gonna mess around, play against the CPU or with a few friends then any version is fine.

but if you watch tourney videos online and you want to play like them, you gotta get the dc version.

I don't want to play "competitively". All I plan to do is play whatever type of mission mode it has until I unlock everything then I'll play local multiplayer with friends. PS2 version on PS3 good enough? I don't need arcade perfect but I would like it to be as playable as a fighting game should be.

Yeah, the PS2 version is adequate, I'd say. I'm one of those types who wants the best, though, so it had to be teh DC version for me.

Started the 2nd Ratchet game on ps2 today and I'm enjoying it...I'm in a point in Metroid Prime where I don't feel like getting fucked over and over (as I can't find the next save spot) so I put that on hold

I don't know... I can't seem to get back into platformers like I use to... 2D or 3D... lst good one I remembered was Mario 64. Galaxies is most likely good, but I can't find any appeal in it to be honest. I porbably just need to sit down with it for a bit to get a real understanding of why it's so good.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I don't know... I can't seem to get back into platformers like I use to... 2D or 3D... lst good one I remembered was Mario 64. Galaxies is most likely good, but I can't find any appeal in it to be honest. I porbably just need to sit down with it for a bit to get a real understanding of why it's so good.[/quote]

Well I've read enough threads to know that you're a big fan of NMH so SMG won't astonish you artistically, but in a traditional gaming sense. Just keep on playing and you'll see how creative Nintendo gets with some of the stuff (sometimes the action even seems 2d)
gravity levels!
. I personally loved this game, loved 64 (you mentioned you liked it too) and well, loved almost all platformers (hated Super Mario Sunshine though). My new found love for fps's is dwindling until my 360 comes back...

Short version: keep on playin ;)

Finished DMC4 on
human
earlier, then immediately went back to Stage 19 of Devil Hunter and finished it easily. Except for
when Stuttering Asshole killed me because I was low on health after 1330909,0000 regular battles beforehand. fuck you, boardgame portion of DMC4, and fuck my inability to time the dice hit.

yeah, in terms of aesthetics Mario G never appealed to me... it looked nice, but that was it. I'm a huge fan of creative gameplay though so if what you say is true, I should check it out.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Finished DMC4 on
human
earlier, then immediately went back to Stage 19 of Devil Hunter and finished it easily. Except for
when Stuttering Asshole killed me because I was low on health after 1330909,0000 regular battles beforehand. fuck you, boardgame portion of DMC4, and fuck my inability to time the dice hit.
[/QUOTE]

I love that game, and yes the board game sucks.

Nero shoulda taken care of it the way Dante did :D

[quote name='nyprimus4']Anyone got tips for Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection (PS3) for me not to suck?[/QUOTE]

Talk to MM ;)

jk (kinda). If you play some of us online we can give you a better idea of what to improve.

who are your main characters in Tekken?

also, this is so awesome... I hope it gets a console release:

CA390440.JPG

CA390442.JPG

[quote name='nyprimus4']I don't have any set characters yet.[/QUOTE]

well, to start off I can reccomend characters based off of play styles... I don't know what style you play but here:

Pattern based: Asuka

Power: Kuma

Power/Speed: Bryan, Paul (beginner friendly), Kazuya, Heihachi, Jack 5,

Power/Dodgey: Lili (very very beginner friendly, very high power for beginner), Feng Wei, Christie/Eddie,

Middle: Raven, Jin, Devil Jin

Poke: Julia, er... I forget names at the moment>_<

Speed/Priority: Lee, Ling, .... >_< forget more

Close Range/Grapple: King, Armor King, Dragunov

man... I'm drawing alot of blanks >_< :lol: I think I can help you more once you figure out how you like to play

[quote name='whoknows']Don't be hatin on my MAD SKILLZ![/QUOTE]

if you get the PS3 version we'll have to see ;)

Beat the 2nd level of Rainbow Six Vegas and got through a good portion of the 3rd. The squad based commands can be really frustrating at times but I'm determined to beat this game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']has anyone played soul calibur legends? is $20 worth it? I'm not too picky, but just wondering if it's worth the price.[/quote]
I never got around to trying it. But I never heard anything good about the game...

Annnnd I've defeated DMC4 twice in the same day.

Well, I've enjoyed the game...for the most part. But I have some serious issues with it. One is the way all of the bosses (starting with
Credo
) get annoying stronger when you get their health down to, like, that very last bar. I was owning the final boss on DH until I got him to his last bar of health,and then he preceded to destroy me for like five minutes straight.

Another is the backwards-ass system for purchasing items like heal recovery or magic recovery items. I wouldn't mind the way it increases the price of something every time you purchae one if it didn't continue to do this across all difficulties. So if you're new the series (like I was) and started on Human and then moved up to Devil Hunter, not intially realizing the price-adjustment process, even the weakest of recovery items cost major $$$ by the time you hit Son of Sparda.

Also, boo hiss to recycling every level at least twice and most of the bosses thrice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back