Ggt#60: Ggt2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I used one recovery item the whole time I played through DH, and since Human pretty much plays the game for you, I never really ran into the increasing price of healing items.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I think I used one recovery item the whole time I played through DH, and since Human pretty much plays the game for you, I never really ran into the increasing price of healing items.[/quote]

I didn't use more than, like, one on Human, but I burned through a bunch on DH when I probably didn't need to, and when I did.

Why the fuck does Firefox not realize "didn't" is a word?

Man, Clover were bitches. "Go practice using your Devout Beads on enemies in the area"... or run into a boss battle before you have a chance. Took me three or 4 tries to figure out the trick to that one.

Hopefully moving forward I can experience the same game others do when incredulously stating "You can die in Okami?"

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I never got around to trying it. But I never heard anything good about the game...[/QUOTE]

Haven`t tried it either but according to some 500+ user reviews on gamespot, its not worth it (avg 6.3). On the bright side, you save your money for number 4! (bad news is the ps3 install size is around 5-6 gigs according to xplay)

Yeah for Summerfest. Great food, music, and fireworks!

Boo for working tomorrow! :(

Yeah for being done with work forever after tomorrow!

I dunno what I'm doing tomorrow. There were already fireworks a few days ago. Hrm... fugg. Seriously I gots nothing to do.

[quote name='Chacrana']I dunno what I'm doing tomorrow. There were already fireworks a few days ago. Hrm... fugg. Seriously I gots nothing to do.[/quote]

I'm gonna head over to a friend's house. She's having a party. There were fireworks over here on Monday, so I think that satisfied my desire for explosions in the sky.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
Why the fuck does Firefox not realize "didn't" is a word?[/quote]

I think that happens with a few different contractions. It happens to me with "wouldn't" also. It's probably because it takes the part before the apostrophe as a separate word. Just a simple glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
mm.. nearly done with my Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 review. It'll be up tomorrow. I can even put that shit on the CAG blogs.

Well, my motherboard blew up AGAIN! MSI K9N Platinum is the devil's spawn. This will be my 4th RMA in a year. Shit's ridiculous.

1st time I sent it in to get a capacitor replaced. Came back DOA. So I sent it back.

3rd time was due to a Sunbeam front USB Hub. That took out my 4GB flash drive too. BTW, Sandisk kicks ass. I had a new one in a week. They even paid for shipping.

Every RMA costs me about $10 and 2 weeks without my PC. So my LCD is pulling full time Dreamcast duty. ;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Well, my motherboard blew up AGAIN! MSI K9N Platinum is the devil's spawn. This will be my 4th RMA in a year. Shit's ridiculous.

1st time I sent it in to get a capacitor replaced. Came back DOA. So I sent it back.

3rd time was due to a Sunbeam front USB Hub. That took out my 4GB flash drive too. BTW, Sandisk kicks ass. I had a new one in a week. They even paid for shipping.

Every RMA costs me about $10 and 2 weeks without my PC. So my LCD is pulling full time Dreamcast duty. ;)[/quote]

That is fucking ridiculous, honestly.

I know Xbox 360 is far and away my favorite console this generation but I tried to think of how Microsoft went wrong and ranked them from biggest problem to least. I tried to keep it to things Microsoft really could have taken care of...

Red Ring of Death
Xbox Live still costs money
System gets extremely loud and hot
Terrible D-pad
No full backwards compatibility
Discs can scratch, should have had Blu-ray type coating
No built in Wi-fi
No Xbox controller support
External Blu-ray drive
Region locked
No good Xbox Live Vision support. Sports games don't support it for create a player and no good Vision specific games.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you get the PS3 version we'll have to see ;)[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't do that to you. You'd be so blown away by my MAD SKILLZ that you'd never want to play another videogame ever again. ;)

Noice.

And I got Sengoku Basara X in today.

Unfortunately I got an annoying sinus cold as well so I am going to bed now. But I'll post some pics and impressions in my blog later this weekend if I'm feeling better.

Have a safe holiday weekend, GGT!

Played a few hours of NHL 08 and FIFA 08 on PS3 tonight, with 3 buddies. Am SOOO excited for NHL 09... Also, I created 2 PS3 converts (with the help of MGS4 ;)). One who hasn't had a console since PS1 and one who only had Nintendo products up until GameCube.

Made some more progress in both GTA4 and DMC4.

I feel as if I'm in the same boat as KingBroly in regards to SCIV. I love SCII on the Cube, so if it is more like that then yes, I kinda want to get it.

Who here is getting it for that triple? If theres alot for multiplayer, that might persuade me enough.

I also will be getting it for the ps3.

On a side note, I'm looking for something to make an avatar out of! Woo?

[quote name='Jest']Quoted for relevance.[/QUOTE]

Damn right it's relevant. :cool:
[quote name='heavyd853']I also will be getting it for the ps3.

On a side note, I'm looking for something to make an avatar out of! Woo?[/QUOTE]

May I suggest either Heavy D from Heavy D and the Boyz, or Heavy D from KoF. ;)

I got off work early today, surprisingly... So I tried to head up and make it to Anime Expo to see if I could cruise the exhibit hall a bit before they closed.

I didn't expect the crazy traffic getting out of San Diego so of course I ended up arriving at LA Convention Center aroudn 6:15 PM. I picked up my press badge then headed up to the console gaming room to meet up with a friend who was running the location test for Blaz Blue and Battle Fantasia.

Speaking of Battle Fantasia, AKSYS finally announced a US release for both PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles! The US version will be SUPERIOR to the Japanese release. I can't give out specific details but expect AKSYS to update on it soon.

So yea, then I checked out the arcade to scope out the Tekken competition, played some matches and noticed a girl beasting on fools over at the CVS2 machine. She was cosplayed out and was using a P groove team, beasting the shit out of Sagat scrubs... it was WOW.

That's all! I saw your text late kainzero but I'm driving up to LA again tomorrow and will be at AX from 10 AM - 2 PM. So see you all there!?

I got front row seats for the ATLUS panel on Saturday, god bless homie hookups!

-

nyprimus, hit me up about Tekken.

I have this tag for a reason ;)

Check my sites for useful Tekken info too..

www.sdtekken.com
www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

I still can't decide which version of SC4 I want. All of my friends will be getting the 360 version, but I think the PS3 version will be the better of the two.

I probably will. I need to prove to my buddies once and for all that I'm the better SC player. I have to remember this time however to find out first which characters they think are cheap so I know who to choose where I wont hear whining when I win. :lol:

[quote name='pete5883']What's the GGT opinion of Jade Empire? The PC version is 5 bucks, might just pick it up.[/quote]
It wasn't the best game Bioware has made. But I found it pretty enjoyable on the X-Box. I played through it atleast 2-3 times before putting the game down. So for $5 I'd say go pick it up.

Working on the 4th of July! Holy Crap!

So, what are the chances that the Castlevania fighting game on the Wii is going to be anything better than "putridly awful"? I'm thinking slim to none. What on earth are they thinking?

[quote name='daroga']Working on the 4th of July! Holy Crap!

So, what are the chances that the Castlevania fighting game on the Wii is going to be anything better than "putridly awful"? I'm thinking slim to none. What on earth are they thinking?[/QUOTE]
Well, 3D action-adventure Castlevania hasn't worked out so far. I don't think this is the way to go though.

I just started Folklore and I'm loving it! :bouncy:

It's just what I needed. I keep starting all these different games and I'm so bored by them. But this seems like what I need right now. Something completely different. Weird story, weirder character design, and fun/simple action that isn't just shooting things.

[quote name='Maklershed']I just started Folklore and I'm loving it! :bouncy:

It's just what I needed. I keep starting all these different games and I'm so bored by them. But this seems like what I need right now. Something completely different. Weird story, weirder character design, and fun/simple action that isn't just shooting things.[/quote]

Yeah, but wait until you
have to replay levels with another character.

Yeah I heard about that. I don't like the sounds of that but oh well. If I get bored then I'll quit I guess. I also don't like the fact that enemies respawn as soon as you leave an area and come back but that's a minor annoyance (at least in this early stage of the game yet).

[quote name='pete5883']Well, 3D action-adventure Castlevania hasn't worked out so far. I don't think this is the way to go though.[/quote]Yeah, if they want to do a console Castlevania, they really need to just make it a 2D game, utilizing the extra horse power the home machines offer.

[quote name='pete5883']What's the GGT opinion of Jade Empire? The PC version is 5 bucks, might just pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Awesome game. Well worth 5 bucks.

A 2D console Castlevania would be awesome.

Speaking of 2D, have you seen the new Wario Land game? Looking tight. I especially like the submarine stuff. Reminds me of the GB Mario Land game.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GTr3yofaK8&eurl=http://kotaku.com/[/media]

It does look great; I'll have to check it out when it releases.

Happy Independence Day, GGT! I don't know what I'm gonna do today. Maybe finally beat Zack & Wiki, though the last few puzzles I have to complete have the most annoying timed waggle elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that wario game looks pretty good.

I lol at that 2.4 has been breaking people's PS3s. Somehow I got it and managed to not have it screw up my system. Problem is I'm now hesitant to even use the thing because I dunno if using it with 2.40 installed is gonna break it. No, PS3 never gets any hardware problems..

It's my Birthday Tomorrow, whee!

Heavenly Sword was a terrible game.

Last edited:
[quote name='pete5883']What's the GGT opinion of Jade Empire? The PC version is 5 bucks, might just pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Well I played through the entire thing on PC, and I conclude that it is mediocre beyond belief. Dull combat, boring story, and you can't shake the feeling that it's just a bunch of white guys trying to make something azn.

[quote name='jer7583']I lol at that 2.4 has been breaking people's PS3s. Somehow I got it and managed to not have it screw up my system. Problem is I'm now hesitant to even use the thing because I dunno if using it with 2.40 installed is gonna break it. No, PS3 never gets any hardware problems.. [/QUOTE]
It's a software problem.

But yeah, the whole 2.4 thing is pretty ridiculous.

I can't believe Bioware made up their own jibberish language instead of using Chinese in Jade Empire. What the hell...did they think they could invent a better sounding language or something?

and yeah, I didn't like it. The real time combat is especially awful and I'm pretty much over Bioware's dialogue fests after KOTOR. ymmv

[quote name='SL4IN']Hey GGT!

Question! Yakuza.... worth $7? Been thinking about picking it up.[/quote]

where is it $7? i've been meaning to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back