GGT 81 traded in MVC3 To Buy Ke$ha Tickets and Piff

Status
Not open for further replies.
fought my first spammer. Spammed iron man's unibeam, followed by deadpool's guns. Do you know how obnoxious it is to slowly die to 'bang bang! bang bang bang!'?

[quote name='Cheska19']If I can make a suggestion, wouldn't it be better if we made a few lobbies with 3 people in each one and just moved to the next lobby once we've played a certain number of matches? It just always takes so long for each of us to get a turn when were waiting on like 6 other people.[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty good idea.
However, the wait isn't so bad when you win 7 in a row. :cool::lol:

--

Scrote, there's probably a punish for dealing with those asshats.
Who were you using?

[quote name='Cheska19']If I can make a suggestion, wouldn't it be better if we made a few lobbies with 3 people in each one and just moved to the next lobby once we've played a certain number of matches? It just always takes so long for each of us to get a turn when were waiting on like 6 other people.[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea.

I call your lobby :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This is a pretty good idea.
However, the wait isn't so bad when you win 7 in a row. :cool::lol:

--

Scrote, there's probably a punish for dealing with those asshats.
Who were you using?[/QUOTE]

Captain America (shield charge), Super Skrull (stone?), Iron man (unibeam).

[quote name='diddy310']jman could have at least bought us all a fancy dinner first.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I still wanna know who was talking trash to me. I assume it was chac,but I really don't know. I don't even take the game that serious and I've only played it maybe 4 hours worth. I've played mvc since it was first released and this reminds me of tvc which I loved. Some of the delay/lag is different with each of you guys. It doesn't bother me though.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Captain America (shield charge), Super Skrull (stone?), Iron man (unibeam).[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm no pro with any of them, but quick play from me just fuckin' around makes me think of the following:

(1) Cap's somersault. I'm not sure if it goes through projectiles or not, but I think it's used for dodge/evade mostly. S+A.
(2) Super Skrull has the rocket move thing. I think it's something like srk.l for left screen, srk.m for mid screen, srk.h for right screen. Also he has an air dash.
(3) Ironman has flight mode, right? qcb.s then fly over and srk.attack to drop smart bombs

Not sure how any of these actually work, but if you want to try it yourself, go into training mode, record IM or DP spamming a projectile at you and spamming the assist and try it out. :)

[quote name='jman619']Heh, I still wanna know who was talking trash to me. I assume it was chac,but I really don't know. I don't even take the game that serious and I've only played it maybe 4 hours worth. I've played mvc since it was first released and this reminds me of tvc which I loved. Some of the delay/lag is different with each of you guys. It doesn't bother me though.[/QUOTE]

That was me, I just get bored when we get stuck in a pattern of 20 minute waits just to get murdered by the same dude. I wish the lobby system was different and we could make it so there was more variety in match ups rather than the winner continuing forever

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']That was me, I just get bored when we get stuck in a pattern of 20 minute waits just to get murdered by the same dude. I wish the lobby system was different and we could make it so there was more variety in match ups rather than the winner continuing forever[/QUOTE]

I was blaming the wrong guy. I hate my voice to be honest with you all. I'm from the south I can't help it. I didn't think I would clean house though... I'm not even that great. I know I'm not. I just know how to combo. I don't use

assist. I tried hitting triangle after so many matches to let me off,but it didn't do anything. Like some fighters you can back out or let it switch you out,but it don't in mvc3.

lol, assumed I was the trash talker? Maaaaan, I never talk trash unless it's someone I know really well. And even then, I'm not srs.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, I'm no pro with any of them, but quick play from me just fuckin' around makes me think of the following:

(1) Cap's somersault. I'm not sure if it goes through projectiles or not, but I think it's used for dodge/evade mostly. S+A.
(2) Super Skrull has the rocket move thing. I think it's something like srk.l for left screen, srk.m for mid screen, srk.h for right screen. Also he has an air dash.
(3) Ironman has flight mode, right? qcb.s then fly over and srk.attack to drop smart bombs

Not sure how any of these actually work, but if you want to try it yourself, go into training mode, record IM or DP spamming a projectile at you and spamming the assist and try it out. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll probably do that tomorrow. It'll be worthwhile to get more practice against that kind of stuff, since I have a feeling I'll be facing that type of play online quite often.

I also need to get nail down doing cross-over counters while blocking to swap out my characters. That and advance guard. Both of those will just involve me spending some time in training mode.

[quote name='jman619']I was blaming the wrong guy. I hate my voice to be honest with you all. I'm from the south I can't help it. I didn't think I would clean house though... I'm not even that great. I know I'm not. I just know how to combo. I don't use

assist. I tried hitting triangle after so many matches to let me off,but it didn't do anything. Like some fighters you can back out or let it switch you out,but it don't in mvc3.[/QUOTE]

After 7 wins, I wanted to mix it up, so I started screwing around with random teams and using it as interactive training. That's when icebeezy floored my ass. :cool:

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'll probably do that tomorrow. It'll be worthwhile to get more practice against that kind of stuff, since I have a feeling I'll be facing that type of play online quite often.

I also need to get nail down doing cross-over counters while blocking to swap out my characters. That and advance guard. Both of those will just involve me spending some time in training mode.[/QUOTE]

Advance guard is easy. Just mash two buttons while holding block. The crossover counters are a bit harder, especially online where you can seriously pay out your ass and get two of your people killed trying to pull it off.

[quote name='Chacrana']lol, assumed I was the trash talker? Maaaaan, I never talk trash unless it's someone I know really well. And even then, I'm not srs.[/QUOTE]

distgfx was the only one I knew it wasn't. I know his voice. I just assumed.....I didn't know any of the other people.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']After 7 wins, I wanted to mix it up, so I started screwing around with random teams and using it as interactive training. That's when icebeezy floored my ass. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I got 12 or 13 wins straight. Then faced captain joel and got disconnected. I was still in the lobby so it was him. I really think he had me that time though.

I didn't think it would be like that at all. I had it pictured being boring as hell and waiting to take a turn. I think 8 people is to many though. 4 at most is about right. I got to hand it to captain joel hes really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
4-5 was okay with randoms in a player match lobby earlier.

--

Scrote, before I do anything else tonight, I'll check out the advice I suggested back there and report back on what works.
Just to make sure I know what's up, the dude had IM and was spamming unibeam (any clue what level? l/m/h?)... he was using deadpool's trigger happy assist with it?
Or was it deadpool on point spamming l and m trigger happy with constant IM unibeam assist?

GGs ya'll.

Jman, I didn't even get to use my real team against you and I only fought you once. =(
I'm a sad, sad man because you seemed to have pretty good fundamentals at least.

[quote name='distgfx']GGs ya'll.

Jman, I didn't even get to use my real team against you and I only fought you once. =(
I'm a sad, sad man because you seemed to have pretty good fundamentals at least.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I don't try to play cheap,but I will go for that combo time and time again. I don't use assist either. To be honest as bad as you beat me in ssfiv. I thought when it gets around to distgfx here comes my ass beating.

[quote name='jman619']Thanks. I don't try to play cheap,but I will go for that combo time and time again. I don't use assist either. To be honest as bad as you beat me in ssfiv. I thought when it gets around to distgfx here comes my ass beating.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the first match of any fighter is always analysis to see what your opponent does. That's why I was sad I didn't get to fight you again. =\

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Everyone's gone so I'm waiting for you chacbby[/QUOTE]
I'll come back, I didn't meant to leave, but my internet stright up went out and I had to reset my modem and router.

[quote name='diddy310']Sentinel laser is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I've seen people spam it on ranked matches. You just need to figure out how to deal with it using your team.

FYI, x-23 is short enough to just duck it.

[quote name='whoknows']Can Viewtiful Joe or Amaterasu just normally move under it? They're pretty short[/QUOTE]

Amaterasu can deal with it pretty easily.

I got the game at the midnight launch and have been playing it for quite a while now....I finally did some online with randoms earlier today and I did alright, I have quite a bit to learn although there were 2 matches where I was down to my last guy and took out all three of the enemies (One as an X-Factored Dark Phoenix and the other as an X-Factored Arthur using a lot of projectiles). Really liking the game so far though and hopefully I'll get better for future online matches.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']After 7 wins, I wanted to mix it up, so I started screwing around with random teams and using it as interactive training. That's when icebeezy floored my ass. :cool:[/QUOTE]
:whee: I used a random team for that match too, I remember because I had Tron Bonne, you were snapping back my characters constantly for that match, so I ended up using Tron Bonne a lot. :lol: Also thanks for that guide link Frosty, I learned some stuff.

[quote name='icebeast']:whee: I used a random team for that match too, I remember because I had Tron Bonne, you were snapping back my characters constantly for that match, so I ended up using Tron Bonne a lot. :lol: Also thanks for that guide link Frosty, I learned some stuff.[/QUOTE]

Don't you dig Tron Bonne now?
You're welcome on both counts. :cool:

I got BttF on PSN yesterday and I beat Episode 1 just now. It's kinda short, but I thought it was really good. I have to wonder why they didn't change the 'find out what happens next at Date X' to something other than February 2011 though.

IebQG.jpg

I did your HW for you, scrote.

How to deal with IM/DP projectile spam from full screen:
(1) CapAm: jumping qcf.l to do down-forward shield throw. You should be able to jump straight up, but if not, jump up towards and it should hit. Once it hits, you can rush toward with the flip (s+l). If you can't get a hit in, rinse, repeat until you close the distance. You can also call in your IM unibeam assist whlie they're recovering from the shield throw hit to give you more time to close the gap and rush in. Do not use S+l to do flip towards as you will eat a ton of damage... however, if they're on the ground, you can use this instead of dash to cover more distance quicker.
(2) IM: while they're getting ready to spam another projectile, use the proton cannon if you have meter, you'll catch them and knock them on their ass. otherwise, your best bet is flight mode and say high and rush to where they are to close the gap. you can use the srk.attack motion to drop smartbombs if necessary. Also, IM has air dash, so jump and air dash toward them, blocking as you come down. Once you close the gap, rushdown as necessary.
(3)Skrull: This is the guy you want. You can fuck them up if they try that shit with Skrull. First off, you can use srk with l or h to rocket slam into either side of the screen. If you have 3 bars and you really want them to choke on it, you can use his level 3 super (srk + 2 attack)... it has invincible startup, I think, and it arcs up and over from fullscreen. I was able to connect it pretty easily and consistently from full screen. Better than all that though is using the "BnB" (hate that term, btw) combo you can learn in the early stages of Skull's missions. Basically, if you jump and air dash with him (only CapAm can't of the three you had) and block when you come down, you can buffer the command grab during blockstun and it has some damn good reach. So ideally, with 1 bar of meter, you can do jump > air dash > block on landing > hcb.m (command grab) > rapid l (ground tenderizer) > qcf.2attack. When you land, you'll be right next to them and can continue to attack them on wakeup. (Or you can try another OTG attack like l.tenderizer to bounce them up and continue to make them pay.)

That's all I got before I got sick of hearing "unibeam" or "have gun will shoot".

JSP wanted to see my closet:

Collection of ties:
Ties.jpg

T-shirts in my favorite colors:
Shirts.jpg

ME2, Dragon Age 2, and my heart pirate hoody:
Other-hoddies.jpg

More hoodies:
Hoodies.jpg

Closeup of the BFF hoody:
BFF-Hoodie-closeup.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']Good games Cheska! Fun times with lag-free matches finally.[/QUOTE]

But... she's in Cali! How can you have laggy matches with me but lag-free matches with her?! =(

Oh well, good games to jman. That was some good shit, 12 - 12, geez! Glad I could fight you without having to wait too. Stupid ass online, might as well have no lobbies!

[quote name='icebeast']JSP wanted to see my closet:

Collection of ties:
Ties.jpg

T-shirts in my favorite colors:
Shirts.jpg

ME2, Dragon Age 2, and my heart pirate hoody:
Other-hoddies.jpg

More hoodies:
Hoodies.jpg

Closeup of the BFF hoody:
BFF-Hoodie-closeup.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of closet stuff.

The only thing I have in my closet is
Raccoons

[quote name='ihadFG']Good games Cheska! Fun times with lag-free matches finally.[/QUOTE]

For sure! Had a blast with some of those close calls :D

Im definitely sticking with Ammy, and after playing some more online I'm keeping Dante too. I know a lot of people use him, but he's so much fun, and having fun using the characters you play with is the most important part.

[quote name='Cheska19']For sure! Had a blast with some of those close calls :D

Im definitely sticking with Ammy, and after playing some more online I'm keeping Dante too. I know a lot of people use him, but he's so much fun, and having fun using the characters you play with is the most important part.[/QUOTE]

Dante is probably one of the best fighting game characters ever made. You can do so much shit with him it's ridiculous and I love it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Good games y'all, and man I love Drunk Chac[/QUOTE]

Did he have an accent this time?

[quote name='Cheska19']I wish I could post on there, but the mofos still haven't approved me >.

lOL i TALKed with a russian accent for a bit. I was generally just silly though.

TYhink I'm fgonna skip my first class tomoorow

It's of little use to me, plus I think sleep would me more useful.

[quote name='whoknows']They begged me to allow them to approve me, but I refused. Told them I was too good for their dumb message boards.[/QUOTE]

If only I was as cool as you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back