GGT 89 Brought to you by Beast Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Full theme. It has two rotating backgrounds, I think... the icons are a little weird.

Here's a better link.
http://ps3files.net/theme/1416[/QUOTE]

Hmm, looks like I may need to give the Flower theme a break. That just looks too awesome to pass up.

Guys, should I really buy Deadly Premonition? The story sounds interesting to me. I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, and I constantly hear it being compared to the show. But I also hear that the gameplay mechanics are fucked, and that just about everything else about the game is horrible.

EDIT: By the way, Jersey Shore was so cash.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Man, what's everyone's PS3 theme? I can't decide what to use... I was using a site with custom PS3 themes, but it became hard to find ones that were better than what I had.[/QUOTE]
My favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvzEA9v3Ko

My current one is a Ratchet & Clank dynamic theme given out to PS Rewards people for getting to the second level.

Earthquake in Japan...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Now we are waiting around to see what kind of tsunami we may have here in Hawaii. :(

My main concern is power, 'cause our utility company/infrastructure sucks. Damn thing can't even stay on when it rains, so fuck all if a big wave hits something.

[quote name='gunm']Earthquake in Japan...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Now we are waiting around to see what kind of tsunami we may have here in Hawaii. :(

My main concern is power, 'cause our utility company/infrastructure sucks. Damn thing can't even stay on when it rains, so fuck all if a big wave hits something.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll give it a target to concentrate all of its power on.

[quote name='distgfx']Don't worry, I'll give it a target to concentrate all of its power on.[/QUOTE]

Good, come down to the beach and spread your arms and legs wide! :bouncy:

Jenna Haze is in Waikiki, you can hang with her if you don't get swept out to sea.

[quote name='gunm']Good, come down to the beach and spread your arms and legs wide! :bouncy:

Jenna Haze is in Waikiki, you can hang with her if you don't get swept out to sea.[/QUOTE]

I DIDN'T MEAN ME, DAMMIT! Why would I do that?

Soooo I just beat Bulletstorm.
Pretty sure the ending is going to lead to a sequel, which I would love. Really enjoyed the game and the fact that it wasn't your typical FPS. Grayson is an awesome fucking character, and I'm looking forward to something more coming out of Trishka and Gray's "friendship".
Semi-related, I named my Oshawott after Ishi :)

Edit: gunm I hope you guys are okay down there. We have a tsunami warning here as well :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally beat Red Dead Redemption.. even though the ending was kinda spoiled for me ( my own fault) it wasn't completely ruined, and I really enjoyed how the story concluded. I'm on a 2 week vacation from work, so I'm trying to finish up some of these games that I didn't complete.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, I understand that you gotta get the news story out, but still.. Seems kinda shoddy. Man, I haven't read a gaming news site in a while, it's funny to see how all the top stories are the same.[/QUOTE]

Almost all of the gaming blogs are like that. I'm subscribed via rss to kotaku, destructoid, and joystiq, and 90% of the posts are identical in content across the board.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I use the regular plain ol' PS3 theme since I always seem to be reseting my PS3's display settings when I hop between my 1080p monitor, my 720p TV, and 720p at my friend's house on my other monitor.

Too lazy to keep changing.[/QUOTE]

I've been using the fallout 3 theme. I think I've had that one almost since I bought my ps3.

I've playing Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and MvC2 before moving on to 3, and after playing the latter after the former, it really hasn't aged very well.

I loled at the fact that one of Bioware's dev's referred to Dragon Age II as a rush job. Nice to see that even they aren't defending that pile of shit.

[quote name='linkpwns']Guys, should I really buy Deadly Premonition? The story sounds interesting to me. I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan, and I constantly hear it being compared to the show. But I also hear that the gameplay mechanics are fucked, and that just about everything else about the game is horrible.
[/QUOTE]

As a fellow huge Twin Peaks fan, I'd say there is no question that you should buy the game. It was one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']http://www.allps3themes.com/index.php?s=m0dus

Dude does sick work.[/QUOTE]

Wow, those are all amazing. I especially like the SOTC, Okami, and MGS4 themes. I will probably use them at some point after the Ico theme.

Well if you literally meant that you "love shit," then yeah, you'll dig it.

I seriously don't know how that game could be much worse.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well if you literally meant that you "love shit," then yeah, you'll dig it.

I seriously don't know how that game could be much worse.[/QUOTE]

So there's *NO* improvements from DA?

[quote name='Chacrana']Well if you literally meant that you "love shit," then yeah, you'll dig it.

I seriously don't know how that game could be much worse.[/QUOTE]

pandahate.gif

I'll be starting DA2 tonight. :bouncy:

Hello gents. First off, had no idea gunm was in hawaii (you better be an awesome surfer, and stay safe) and second is the PS3 themes.

This is my current PS3 wallpaper:

5283268164_c924dbe33b_z.jpg

P.S. Drinking at an altitude of 4500 feet= you get "drunk" faster than normal

Hopefully we get an "all-clear" around 7am HST. There were some tsunami-level waves, but not the kind of "holy fuck that wave just keeps going inland" stuff that Sendai Japan got.

All schools are closed but most of us still have to report to work after the warning is lifted...the fuck? Scrambling to find babysitter time...

[quote name='gunm']Hopefully we get an "all-clear" around 7am HST. There were some tsunami-level waves, but not the kind of "holy fuck that wave just keeps going inland" stuff that Sendai Japan got.

All schools are closed but most of us still have to report to work after the warning is lifted...the fuck? Scrambling to find babysitter time...[/QUOTE]

I hear the Wii is a great babysitter. :bouncy:

[quote name='Chacrana']I loled at the fact that one of Bioware's dev's referred to Dragon Age II as a rush job. Nice to see that even they aren't defending that pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

Technically he says the score was a rush job, but you know he fucking meant the whole thing.

Man, EA really fucked up on this. They should have just waited for Bioware to finish it.

[Weird, I'm commenting on DAII and I've never even played either DA game]

[quote name='gunm']Oh you child-less GGT'ers, you.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure if my mom had given me a nintendo controller with zelda, i'd probably play from the moment she left til the moment she came home and asked "are you still playing that thing?" :lol:

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']
[Weird, I'm commenting on DAII and I've never even played either DA game][/QUOTE]

I think you just described how the internet works.

[quote name='2DMention']I've playing Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and MvC2 before moving on to 3, and after playing the latter after the former, it really hasn't aged very well.[/QUOTE]

Instead of MVC3 yesterday. I played TVC and MVC2. Its really weird going back to MVC2 after I've been playing MVC3 so much. I'll end up sticking to MVC3.

I suck at fighters, but I really wanna play MvC3.
I think Chac remembers trying to teach me fighters with Soul Caliber and Street Fighter. There is no hope for me.

Man, many Japanese factories got hit hard by the quake (including Sony among many others). Broad global economic effects will ensure.

[quote name='gunm']Man, many Japanese factories got hit hard by the quake (including Sony among many others). Broad global economic effects will ensure.[/QUOTE]

I feel like that last word should be "ensue".

Hrm...

I know Dante will forever be in my MvC3 teams. He's a staple w/ jam session or weasel shot.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to put in some time to learn Doom. Probably plasma beam or hidden missles.

Who to round out the trio with... :whistle2:k

(Akuma | Morrigan | Dormammu) I'm good with these guys to an extent, if their assists or playstyle meshes well, I'd be a step up.
(Wesker) I'm okay with him, but not great... his teleports would probably work well with Doom.
(Sentinel) Obvoius -- overpowered crutch with a great assist.
(Wolverine | Chun-Li | Magneto) Wolverine and Magneto seem to have strong anti-Sentinel/Phoenix game. I just kind of like Chun.
(X23 | Amaterasu | Arthur | Zero) From fighting against Zero, I'd love to learn to use him to rush/beat down, but I'm currently a failure at using him. Arthur might be good, but I absolutely hate his movement. Ammy is a bit wonky for my taste, so she's borderline not considered. I played with X23 for a bit, but she didn't really mesh well with me.

Really not sure where to go in the interim. :|

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hrm...

I know Dante will forever be in my MvC3 teams. He's a staple w/ jam session or weasel shot.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to put in some time to learn Doom. Probably plasma beam or hidden missles.

Who to round out the trio with... :whistle2:k

(Akuma | Morrigan | Dormammu) I'm good with these guys to an extent, if their assists or playstyle meshes well, I'd be a step up.
(Wesker) I'm okay with him, but not great... his teleports would probably work well with Doom.
(Sentinel) Obvoius -- overpowered crutch with a great assist.
(Wolverine | Chun-Li | Magneto) Wolverine and Magneto seem to have strong anti-Sentinel/Phoenix game. I just kind of like Chun.
(X23 | Amaterasu | Arthur | Zero) From fighting against Zero, I'd love to learn to use him to rush/beat down, but I'm currently a failure at using him. Arthur might be good, but I absolutely hate his movement. Ammy is a bit wonky for my taste, so she's borderline not considered. I played with X23 for a bit, but she didn't really mesh well with me.

Really not sure where to go in the interim. :|[/QUOTE]

If you went with Ammy, your team would be very similar to mine.

[quote name='Chacrana']I loled at the fact that one of Bioware's dev's referred to Dragon Age II as a rush job. Nice to see that even they aren't defending that pile of shit.[/QUOTE]

Who called it? :cool:

Tactics Ogre is still going strong for me, though the narrative and characters seriously blow. I guess you can't expect much from such an old game.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Technically he says the score was a rush job, but you know he fucking meant the whole thing.

Man, EA really fucked up on this. They should have just waited for Bioware to finish it.

[Weird, I'm commenting on DAII and I've never even played either DA game][/QUOTE]

I am not surprised EA wanted this game out ASAP. I mean EA is notorius for doing crap like that, for money. Either way I am still going to buy Dragon Age II tonight. My problem with the first game was the combat as a whole felt too much like a singleplayer MMO game (well on the PC, and to me it felt like why don't I just play an MMO), and Dragon Age II fixes this complaint I have with the game.

DAII seems to be getting OK reviews and people in the DAII thread in the 360 forum here seem to be liking it.

I liked the demo so I'll pick it up eventually. I don't pay a lot of attention to GGT thread opinions as my tastes in games are different and much less critical than most of you all's.

I'll definitely pick it up during a steam sale, I like DA after all. I have no idea what Bioware was thinking though, the whole game felt so cheap in the demo.

Yeah, I don't get the DA2 hate in the GGT. The demo was fine--played mostly like DA1, but with faster action. I haven't seen any bad reviews from the media either.

I think my main problem with the DA2 demo, besides the weak graphics and animation, was the combat. I've played enough RPGs so I know how stale combat can be, but when it's just "stand around and hit each other until somebody falls down", but with a group of enemies, it's just kinda lame.

Give it DMC combat and I'd be all about it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think my main problem with the DA2 demo, besides the weak graphics and animation, was the combat. I've played enough RPGs so I know how stale combat can be, but when it's just "stand around and hit each other until somebody falls down", but with a group of enemies, it's just kinda lame.

Give it DMC combat and I'd be all about it.[/QUOTE]

Graphics/animation look ok to me. The combat you described was what DA1 one was--stand around and press buttons (or click your mouse if you're on PC) and see what the die roll ends up being. In this one, you can dodge, and have a bit more control. I dunno, it seems alright based on what little the demo offered. /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back