GGT 94 Pirated Fallout 3, LBP, Far Cry 2, and Dead Space; But Paid For Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarthPuma']I'm still waiting for MM's contest for BF.

Anybody modded their 360 d pad to work better? What's the best method, sanding the edges or putting plastic underneath?[/QUOTE]

Instead of messing around with that junk, I just got used to using the analog stick for fighters. It's not preferred or anything, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Much, much better than the shit d-pad people use.

Then again, I rock out crazy combos and infinites in XvSF on my laptop keyboard, so I don't know I just might be used to using weird things

Got my copy of Battle Fantasia from GF, gonna play when I get off worrk. Good to hear most of you guys are having fun with it. Maybe I'll catch some of you guys online later tonight, but I'd like to get a little practice in before I get mauled.

Just out of curiousity what would you guys rate Battle Fantasia?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Instead of messing around with that junk, I just got used to using the analog stick for fighters. It's not preferred or anything, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Much, much better than the shit d-pad people use.[/quote]

It's the same with me, too. Say what you will about the d-pad, but at least the control stick is, at the very least, serviceable. I actually think I'm better at VF5 on the 360's control stick than I am at VF4 Evo with the PS2's d-pad.

Battle Fantasia is weird to me. It's very fun, but I just really hate the HP system. If it wasn't fer that, I'd pick it up. I play it often enough at the Game Crazy that's near my place. They didn't get any in the store, so the manager bought a copy from somewhere else and put it on the 360 display in the store.

Finally got Tekken 5 DR. Pissed about the lack of practice mode, cause now I have to find someone to gameshare the online add on.

Not really seeing why people call Soul Calibur tekken with swords, they seem completely different to me.

Brings my fighting game collection up to 3 lol.

Yeah, practice mode is really necessary to get the game mechanics down, but I think you're going to have a lot of fun with the game.

Also, if you ever need an online match or two, hit me up.

[quote name='heavyd853']Yeah, practice mode is really necessary to get the game mechanics down, but I think you're going to have a lot of fun with the game.

Also, if you ever need an online match or two, hit me up.[/quote]

Will do. I'll probably have the online in a few days.

I am having a ton of fun already just spamming a few easy Devil Jin combos agains the computer on normal.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to Azumangaman today in Battle Fantasia.

I'm a jerk...I know.[/quote]
Naw...I gave you the opportunity (unintentionally of course) so you had to rock my world with the double Don Don Swing.
I love how we were able to find each other in Ranked Matches about 10 times because nobody else was online. Damn, I need to get better though.

Rodimus, I'd rate BF as a 7/7.5. only because of the HP system. Without that, its an easy 8/8.5. Online mode is 100% lag free too.

Played a few hours of BF last night and I like it. I've been using the big dwarf guy (Gonvalve I think) and the hit box for his grapple seems odd. I feel like I'm right next to the opponent but I still whiff.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Naw...I gave you the opportunity (unintentionally of course) so you had to rock my world with the double Don Don Swing.
I love how we were able to find each other in Ranked Matches about 10 times because nobody else was online. Damn, I need to get better though.

Rodimus, I'd rate BF as a 7/7.5. only because of the HP system. Without that, its an easy 8/8.5. Online mode is 100% lag free too.[/QUOTE]

How would you rate other fighters like VF5 or KOF XI or something, just for a comparison?

[quote name='Chacrana']How would you rate other fighters like VF5 or KOF XI or something, just for a comparison?[/quote]

VF5 plays like VF4 Evo, but it feels more refined. The Quest mode is the greatest single player offline mode in any fighting game I've played. The replay value with it is off the charts. You can finish all the main tournaments and still keep coming back to get emblems & items, or to beat everyone in an arcade. You can throw in VF5 for just a few minutes and still make so sort of progress in it. I think VF5 is only $20 at Toys R Us too. I'd say VF5 is about a 8.5-9.0 out of 10.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Did VF5 ever get patched for online play on the tripple? I've been wanting to pick it up.[/quote]

No, it hasn't. I don't believe there is any chance of a patch coming out to fix that, either. The only way I could see VF5 with online play on the PS3 would be if Sega releases VF5R for home consoles.

I'd rate BF an 8 out of 10. I don't have as big of a problem with the HP system as some, because Donvalve does have like triple the HP of Watson, but he doesn't have triple the life (this is due to the damage reductions that occur)

This is common in fighters, but it's just more explicit in BF so more people are hating. Not saying you guys are wrong, just saying it doesn't bother me.

A huge, grapple character should have more health than a swift, combo centric character (IMO).

Also, Chac here is how I would rate some games...

SF3:3s 10/10

KoFXI 9/10

VF5 7.5/10

Tekken DR 8.5/10

SF4 (from what I've played so far haha, just for fun mostly) 9/10

SSF2T 9.25/10

XvSF 10/10

MvC2 9.25/10

whoooo! look what Julia gave me!!

2zj99b4.jpg

jjpaqf.jpg

I went to the tournament, got there at like 3:30 and didnt wanna enter, but the dood hella asked me so I was like eh OK...

BAD DECISION!!

I ended up having to be there FOREVER coz so many ppl entered!!

it's double elim, so after losing the first round I had to wait like 200 years til my next turn!!

they went first round, 2nd round winners, 2nd round losers and I happened to be the very last match in losers!!

-_-

so I'm like freakin finally... let me get this over, lose and go home...

but then I ended up winning -_-

outside I'm like yeay yeay but inside I'm like GOT DAMMIT NO!!! so now I'm stuck there even longer coz it costed me $5 to enter and I wanna justify that shyt.

I almost won my next match too but lost both rounds in my 3rd set... freedom finally! I got home at 10:30pm last nite and took a freakin SHOWER (coz I havent been home since I left for work friday morning)

and yo Kain in the Brain, my first set was against Scott. This is like the 3rd time I've seen him at an arcade and said hi and he didnt even kno who the heck I am o_O I have to reintroduce myself to him all the time... and then he just runs away after that. I tried talking to him after our match but it seems he didnt have much words to give me... I couldnt even hear what little he said to me lol

[quote name='Chacrana']How would you rate other fighters like VF5 or KOF XI or something, just for a comparison?[/quote]
Lets see:

VF5: 8.5/10
KOF XI: Sadly, I haven't played it all that much
GG: AC: 9/10(even though I'm horrendous)
SFIII:3s: 9.5(I'm awful but its so awesome)
DOA4: 9/10
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: 10/10 (oh the good old days when I used to have it)
SCIV: 9/10

lets see

fighters destiny 10/10
fighters megamix 8/10
doa4 4/10
battle monsters 8/10
king of the monsters 8.5/10
world heroes 2 jet 9/10

if any of these games came out on XBLA i would white piss

[quote name='DarthPuma']God, every character in Tekken has so many fucking moves.

Are there any combos outside of what is shown in the games combo list?[/QUOTE]

There's like a billion, check out tekkenzaibatsu.com

JEKKI that sucks and is awesome :)

[quote name='DarthPuma']God, every character in Tekken has so many fucking moves.

Are there any combos outside of what is shown in the games combo list?[/quote]

the list of moves is pretty much second nature. to be honest, they can feel huge for a person starting out, but after a while they feel just right. it also depends on who you use that makes the lists or fighting style more complex.

and yes, the in-game combos are just a stepping stone. stay away from the 10 hit combos when fighting real people unless you want to get laughed at. learn how things hit regular and counter hit. also, not all moves are listed in the move lists, but don't kill yourself over knowing that.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Rodimus, I'd rate BF as a 7/7.5. only because of the HP system. Without that, its an easy 8/8.5. Online mode is 100% lag free too.[/quote]

I played a ranked match this morning and it had really bad lag. It didn't seem to effect the other player.

JEKKI nice!

Julia is a cutie aint she? Cutie with some fire...

There are HELLA cute girls here in Hong Kong! This is the most ppl I've seen in my life ever. Hi FGT!

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']lets see

fighters destiny 10/10
fighters megamix 8/10
doa4 4/10
battle monsters 8/10
king of the monsters 8.5/10
world heroes 2 jet 9/10

if any of these games came out on XBLA i would white piss[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input on stuff, guys.

Though man, I dunno... Fighters Destiny... a 10? King of the Monsters above a 0? If I didn't know any better, I think this was a sick joke. The sickest joke.

[quote name='Chacrana']Thanks for the input on stuff, guys.

Though man, I dunno... Fighters Destiny... a 10? King of the Monsters above a 0? If I didn't know any better, I think this was a sick joke. The sickest joke.[/quote]

I will say Fighter's Destiny wasn't half bad, not a 10, but still not bad.

DOA4 was a solid 8 if you ask me.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I will say Fighter's Destiny wasn't half bad, not a 10, but still not bad.

DOA4 was a solid 8 if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

After probably 1000 matches of DOA4, I'd say it's closer to like... a 6. I mean, it's aight... but I hate the counter system with a passion. Such fuckin' bullshit.

Fighter's Destiny was cool back in early 98 because it was the only damn fighting game on the N64 outside of Killer Instinct Gold... but it's pretty awful. I couldn't stand the points system, and when you have a cow you can play as, you know the game is basically crap.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Is Devil Jin a good place to start in Tekken? He was at the top of SD Tekken's tier list.[/quote]

depends. probably the most user friendly people i remember off the top of my head:

Paul, Lili, Kuma :)lol: I guess), um... MM has better input but he might be busy in HK atm.

Hola RR!

---

In reference to chars... Mishimas are a bit taxing on the skill side. Only if you want to play them at their maximum potential. IMO they are the hardest to use/consistently win with at high levels of gameplay.

They're the characters to beat after all.

Characters I would recommend for someone new:

Feng Wei
Paul
Asuka
Anna
Jack-5

Out of those though, I think only Jack, Anna, Feng are good characters (instead of average).

Start at Lili is my suggestion, she has a good movelist for beginner's but she's also a pretty tricky and fun character to use.

DO NOT start with Devil Jin, he's like one of the worst characters to start with.

Although, I may be biased since my main in t5dr is Lili.

[quote name='Chacrana']After probably 1000 matches of DOA4, I'd say it's closer to like... a 6. I mean, it's aight... but I hate the counter system with a passion. Such fuckin' bullshit.

Fighter's Destiny was cool back in early 98 because it was the only damn fighting game on the N64 outside of Killer Instinct Gold... but it's pretty awful. I couldn't stand the points system, and when you have a cow you can play as, you know the game is basically crap.[/quote]

DOA4 should have had the same counter system as DOA3. With the quicker gameplay, the DOAU counter system was no longer needed and made the game overly difficult. I hate to say it, but Itagaki leaving Team Ninja was a good thing. He peaked on the original Xbox. Everything this generation was below what he did on the first Xbox. Maybe now we won't have so many elitist design choices in DOA5.....if there is a DOA5, that is...

And as for Fighter's Destiny having a cow on the roster, all I can say is.....WHAT?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY MOOOOOOOOVES?!:lol::lol::lol:

You should probably die for that.

Uggg...

I think DOA's counter system coulda made for a really fun game if it didn't do damage - what if it just staggered your opponent for an instant like... parries or guard impacts.

[quote name='Chacrana']You should probably die for that.

Uggg...

I think DOA's counter system coulda made for a really fun game if it didn't do damage - what if it just staggered your opponent for an instant like... parries or guard impacts.[/quote]

But I think the cow is a very MOOOOOOOVING character......I'll stop now......
MMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
........Okay, NOW!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The stagger system seems to work very well in the Virtua Fighter games. But I'm not sure how well it would work in a slightly less realistic fighter like DOA where flashy moves must have equally as flashy counters. Control issues aside, the only problem is how much damage a counter inflicts. If they scaled it back to a half or even two/thirds, it would likely cut back on the turtling the game almost forces you to do.

[quote name='Chacrana']Interesting.

More interesting: Killian is the raddest name. Who the hell has "kill" in their name? Must be straight up ghangsta.[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol: His parents must be devil worshipers with a name like that. :evil::evil::evil:

[quote name='MarkMan']Julia is a cutie aint she? Cutie with some fire...[/QUOTE]

she's ok... she violates a lot of things I dont like about girls' appearances...

hair all up, sharp eyebrows, and ugly shoes...

but I like her short shorts and legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back