GGT 94 Pirated Fallout 3, LBP, Far Cry 2, and Dead Space; But Paid For Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338689
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing

MvC3, if it's being worked on at all, better fix the balancing issues that plagued MvC2. Not that Marvel games aren't fun to watch...
fuck THE KNICKS!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']MvC3, if it's being worked on at all, better fix the balancing issues that plagued MvC2. Not that Marvel games aren't fun to watch...
fuck THE KNICKS!
[/quote]

Yeah. Unfortunately, the roster for MvC2 was so enormous and the combat so hectic that it's pretty difficult to downgrade/balance tiers. It seems like they asked themselves "what would look awesome" as opposed to "what would balance things out."

And to be honest, I didn't really mind all that much. I want MvC3 to have just as big of a roster (well maybe some pruning here or there).

Awsome news/rumor.

Balancing out MvC2 would be like trying to lick your elbow: almost impossible
you tried licking your elbow, didn't you?

[quote name='Rodimus']Infinite Undiscovery got a $20 price drop. That was quick.[/quote]

The reviews weren't too kind. It seems like another decent 360 RPG. Microsoft needs to find that killer RPG that can go up against FFXIII. The Last Remnant and Star Ocean 4 might do it.

Oh, and I'm almost done with Brave Story for the PSP. My only big gripe is the story. I just found out why the antagonist (Rei) was trying to blow up the world and I have never been more disappointed. At this point, I just want to sell the game and get rid of it but my dumbass has to finish it to see what happens in the end. The story did a good job of giving me good back stories for all the characters in the party but then drops the biggest turd in RPG history when it comes to the reason why everyone is running around. My other complaint is that the main character says so little. A lot of what he says is inferred and never spelled out. Occasionally, you get a really dumb decision to make that's usually a no brainer.

Plus side: Graphics are top notch, especially so in battle. Dungeons are just the right size. You can get through most of them in less than a half hour so it's perfect for a sitting.

Verdict: C+ depending on how absurd the story is for the end game.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']MvC3, if it's being worked on at all, better fix the balancing issues that plagued MvC2. Not that Marvel games aren't fun to watch...
fuck THE KNICKS!
[/QUOTE]

WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT?!

MvC2 isn't really THAT unbalanced. Sure just about every team will have Magneto, but there are about 8 legimate top tier characters, in addition to some other, playable characters (such as Iron Man or Blackheart).

The thing about the game, is that there is beauty in the brokeness. That is what makes the game shine. No one would still be playing it religiously if it was extremely balanced and lacked any infinites / glitches / etc...

That's what makes Marvel, Marvel.

IT'S MAHVEL, BABY!

I'm going to wait for confirmation. For all we know, it could've been a typo or insider joke.

EDIT -- Also, has anyone figured out how Capcom and Microsoft would release this without the Marvel license?

I'd think they'd have to license it from Marvel to release it again. Maybe Marvel's current deal with whoever's making shitty games with their licenses only covers new games... so they can still work with Capcom to rerelease old shit.

I think even rereleasing a game is considered a new game in the eyes of the law. It's part of the reason why the print runs for the PS2 and Xbox got cut so short. Once the license changed hands, they couldn't even do a second printing/run.

I thought the only way they could release the PS2 and Xbox versions was because they relicensed it from Marvel.... I could be mistaken, of course.

Because Castlevania rocks!! \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/:evil::evil::evil::twisted::twisted::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted:

TIME TO :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: till :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

And I will also play The Witcher. Actually, I prolly won't even do that first thing.

I played Kung Fu Panda. It is really bad. The cut scenes have charm and I actually want to see the movie now. But the game is pretty rough around the edges. I am going to play through it though. It has it's moments of good piled deep in the bad.

No wai, I played it. I have like 300 points from it. It isn't totally bad, but I would never buy it. Also, I was Cunny Lingus before my post got deleted from that link Rei posted. :)

man I saw the Blazblue combos on the website... dood the game is freakin Guilty Gear!

look when he does that forward thrust move where he turns all blue and he roman cancels it!

I also watched sum match vids and they pulled tech recoveries and IAD straight outta GG.

I wonder how the game will be different tho...

[quote name='JEKKI']man I saw the Blazblue combos on the website... dood the game is freakin Guilty Gear!

look when he does that forward thrust move where he turns all blue and he roman cancels it!

I also watched sum match vids and they pulled tech recoveries and IAD straight outta GG.

I wonder how the game will be different tho...[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm sayin

I HATE MONDAYS!!

man I havent played Silent Hill for a whole week now... I shoulda already have beaten it like 3 times...

craziness...

mondays :cry:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I hope OoE is good because PoR was pretty disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I actually like PoR quite a bit.

Definitely getting OoE, but not day 1. Will either ask for it for my birthday next month or put it on my X-mas list as I don't' have time for it this month anyway. Probably wait until X-mas as Gears 2 will fill up my gaming schedule next month....which will be limited with being out of town a good bit. But then again I'll probably be done with Kirby and Sonic Rush by then and may need a new game for my trips....

[quote name='Chacrana']I thought the only way they could release the PS2 and Xbox versions was because they relicensed it from Marvel.... I could be mistaken, of course.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the license was dying and Capcom rushed the release of MvC2 out the door as quickly as possible to get some profit off of it before they couldn't release it anymore.

Considering how bare bones the release was, it makes sense. The Japanese version apparently had online play and USB keyboard support, but the NA/Euro versions did not.

Regarding BlazBlue, even the character designs are so similar that it's ridiculous.

[quote name='manthing']I post here too occasionally, doodoo-head.

But the strong Yakuza-stench usually keeps me away...[/quote]

I totally snitched too ... just y'know ... on you and your post.

Glad to see someone else doesn't like Yakuza either.

I've pre-ordered Fallout 3 and Fable 2 and there's only a week between release dates.

I'm thinking about cancelling one, maybe Fable 2. It's probably ok to pay retail for Fallout 3 as it will likely hold it's value. I'm thinking Fable 2 might be a quick-dropper.

:whistle2:k Hmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back