GGT 94 Pirated Fallout 3, LBP, Far Cry 2, and Dead Space; But Paid For Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='willardhaven']Yeah, it's basically Abyss with HD graphics, less loading and less slowdown right? I want to play it, but not until I finish Abyss and Symphonia (I'm about halfway through both).[/quote]

Its much better than Abyss. Character wise Luke was the worst fucking main character ever. The dude was so fucking one dimensional he annoyed me to death.

TOV>TOS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TOA

If you're basing this on story, I don't care. I think the story in both ToS and TotA sucks.

However the gameplay in TotA is awesome, the free-run makes it better than ToS for me.

As you can guess the storylline of ToV is a "save the world" type, nothing special. It's got it's handful of plot twists. The characters are more interesting/likeable. But there were parts when I thought Estelle was mentally challenged, probably because her character was out-of-touch a little to much.

Estelle does annoy me some because of how naive she is, and how she fits the gullible princess mold to a tee, but nothing as god awful as Luke.

Luke made me want to punch small furry kittens.

I can't comment on ToV, but Luke is supposed to be annoying and spoiled... you don't think it's somewhat refreshing that he isn't your typical "badass" RPG lead.

[quote name='willardhaven']I can't comment on ToV, but Luke is supposed to be annoying and spoiled... you don't think it's somewhat refreshing that he isn't your typical "badass" RPG lead.[/quote]

It's refreshing in the sense that getting kicked in the nuts is refreshing. It reminds you how much it sucks.

[quote name='62t']
It is also better than most PS2 RPGs released with in the last 2 years.[/QUOTE]

There were some good ps2 rpgs like Rogue Galaxy, Odin Sphere and Wild Arms 5. I'm pretty sure the two Persona games make up for bad games.

It's no surprise with the decline of ps2 rpgs. Most 3rd party rpgs publishers like SquareEnix, Namco, Bioware, Bethesda Softworks, Sega and even XSeed move on to next generation consoles or handhelds. Most of new release are due to either NIS or Atlus.

[quote name='ps2 rpg 2007-2008']
Rogue Galaxy - Jan 30, 2007
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia - Feb 6, 2007
Shining Force Exa - Mar 20, 2007
.hack//G.U. vol. 2 - May 8, 2007
Odin Sphere - May 22, 2007
Dawn of Mana - May 24, 2007
Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm - May 29, 2007
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 - Aug 14, 2007
Wild ARMs 5 - Aug 28, 2007
.hack//G.U. vol. 3 Redemption - Sep 10, 2007
Soul Nomad & the World Eaters - Sep 25, 2007
Digimon World Data Squad - Sep 18, 2007
Growlanser: Heritage of War - Sep 18, 2007
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus - Nov 20, 2007
Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis - Apr 1, 2008
Baroque - Apr 8, 2008
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - Apr 22, 2008
Chaos Wars - May 30, 2008
Dokapon Kingdom - Oct 14, 2008
Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou tai Abaddon Ou - Oct 23, 2008
Ikki Tousen: Shining Dragon - Oct 26, 2008
Monster Lab - Dec 1, 2008
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - Dec 2, 2008
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - Dec 9, 2008
Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica- Dec 9, 2008[/quote]

[quote name='willardhaven']I can't comment on ToV, but Luke is supposed to be annoying and spoiled... you don't think it's somewhat refreshing that he isn't your typical "badass" RPG lead.[/QUOTE]

that changed about 1/3 of the game

Yeah, so what's up with Otomedius G's release date? Is it still TBA or does it have an actual day?

Not sure when I'll get around to importing it or Raiden IV, since I won't be able to play them until... whenever it is I pick up an import 360.

Well, hopefully the game has more than happy anime shit going for it - hopefully it's really a good shmup.

Raiden IV looks really cool, though... like really, really cool. I didn't expect that, and it's making me want a Japanese system more than anything right now.

Also, not sure if it means anything, but Dodonpachi Black Label is listed as a 12/26 release at NCSX, so maybe that's finally coming out.

The frustrating thing, though, is that Japanese systems are like... close to $300, even for the cheap ones, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to buying a system.

Oh, and Border Down - man, I'm feelin' like this really is worth the price of admission. I mean, it's damn good. Possibly the best horizontal shmup I've played. I like that the game rewards you for playing like an ace - you can't just dump more credits into this game and expect to be rewarded. It's cool. Thumbs up!

Nice - so I wasn't going crazy about there being a date for Dodonpachi.

So this version is the same game as what I have on the PS2... just better, right?

Edit: Also, since these Cave shmups are actually coming out now, I guess that means I can forget about the DS version of Ketsui... which is good, because I don't like having games dumbed down.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nice - so I wasn't going crazy about there being a date for Dodonpachi.

So this version is the same game as what I have on the PS2... just better, right?

Edit: Also, since these Cave shmups are actually coming out now, I guess that means I can forget about the DS version of Ketsui... which is good, because I don't like having games dumbed down.[/quote]

Well...apparently the new editions to the 360 version are a "beginners' mode" featuring a new element doll and of course, the online ranking/achievements XBL stuff.

I dunno if the black label tweeks are meaningful to you unless you are a real hardcore player of the game and want to mess around with your scores.

Edit: but I guess I should add that the tweeks were also done to scale the difficulty better with smaller hitboxes and such to benefit all players.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it to import--but if it does come here, I'll definitely pick it up for the online stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
BattleFantasia.jpg

Go buy Battle Fantasia!

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Street Fighter IV (JPN)
* Arcana Heart II (JPN)
* Melty Blood: Actress Again (JPN)
* Blaz Blue (JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (JPN)
* King of Fighters XII (JPN)
* Virtua Fighter 5 R (JPN)
* Akatsuki Blitzkampf: Ausf Achse (JPN)
* Samurai Spirits Sen (JPN)
* Tekken 6 (USA)
* Tatsunoko vs Capcom (JPN)
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (JPN)

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)

* Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
* Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
* Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
* Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
* Arcana Heart (PS2)
* Blaz Blue (PS3) *
* Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN)
* King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN)
* Battle Fantasia (PS3 JPN, 360)
* King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
* UFC 2K9 (USA) *
* Mortal Kombat vs DC (USA)
* Street Fighter Alpha (PSN) *
* Samurai Showdown Collection (Wii, PS2)
* King of Fighters Orochi Saga (Wii, PS2)
* World Heroes Collection (PS2)
* SNK Arcade Classics (PS2, PSP)

* TENTATIVE

Battle Fantasia? Played it, I'll pass.

So uh... I'm noticing Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix isn't tentative ... what'd I miss?

[quote name='MarkMan']It'll be out soon.

Real soon.

Well not real soon.

But soon.

lol.[/quote]

2008 is good enough for me, I'm as giddy as a school girl now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sweet!

note a change to my blog. capcom contacted me today.[/quote]

Either you were very right or very wrong. Considering you got attention I'd say very right.

[quote name='distgfx']Either you were very right or very wrong. Considering you got attention I'd say very right.[/quote]

I can't say much but the e-mail they sent me was more detailed.

I'm picking it up either way, just coz I hafta have the best version of stuff like that, so... easy choice for me.

I just wonder if MM's "warning" about importing will hold true.

A yo man, two fighting threads in a row? Jimbo overload.

Naw, just playin'. Dig the thread title - laughed at Doctor Dhalsim. Crazy Indian doctors.

I really need to pick up Battle Fantasia. What's it got in terms of extra modes and are they good?

[quote name='Chacrana']A yo man, two fighting threads in a row? Jimbo overload.

Naw, just playin'. Dig the thread title - laughed at Doctor Dhalsim. Crazy Indian doctors.

I really need to pick up Battle Fantasia. What's it got in terms of extra modes and are they good?[/QUOTE]

I waited for one of you bitches to make a new thread but it was taking forever so I decided to do it.

Arcade, Story, Vs. Cpu, Survival, Training, Local Vs., Art Gallery, Online....

Think that's it, it's pretty sweet though the storys have alternate paths, so you only get ~ 40% of each characters story the first playthrough

Mace The Dark Age was actually awesome back when it came out.

At least, back when it was headed to the N64, I really, really wanted the game, coz I thought the dude with the sword looked cool and I liked games with lotsa codes and hidden characters (like the janitor) back then. I also thought Midway was a capable dev. team. Boy was I misguided as a youth.

"I can still hand you a beating, butterball style, BE-OTCH!":lol::lol::lol:

While I never played Mace, the only good N64 fighters I played over the years were Smash Bros. and Fighter's Destiny. Fighter's Destiny had this surprisingly good point based system where if you ring out a guy it's say 1 point, or a K.O. is worth 3 points. The goal was to get a set number of points by any means, including take downs(throws). I'd honestly love to see that make some sort of cameo in Virtua Fighter someday.

Kotaku has two new articles up on Street Fighter, one being the movie poster for the Chun li movie & the other a Hands-on with both Akuma and Sakura. GameSpot also has a hands-on with the home console SFIV versions. Bad news for people picking up the PS3 version, GS noticed that the PS3 version had a longer load time. It's not final, nor is it game-breaking, but if you have both systems you might want to reconsider which one you pick SFIV up on.

Last edited by a moderator:
K' hasn't been confirmed yet for KOFXII! Though I think he's popular enough so that I don't have to worry about it, still.

I need my mang in the game yo!

Yeah, Iori's in the most recent videos on gametrailers.

He appears to be flameless, though I haven't seen all his move set, and used alot more scratchy moves than before.

Iori is in KoFXII.

[quote name='heavyd853']Though I think he's popular enough so that I don't have to worry about it, still. [/quote]K' is kinda on the unpopular side, even Ash is more popular than him.

I'm still waiting for MM's contest for BF.

Anybody modded their 360 d pad to work better? What's the best method, sanding the edges or putting plastic underneath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back