Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

Complete unabashed speculation:

So is this the fault of the PS3 being a complete and utter pain in the ass to develop for? It's public knowledge that R* has only been showing the game on the 360.

I wanted my god damn black duffle bag.

This sucks...worst part is they announce the delay when the title was finally coming within reach. Honestly if they would have announced it in like June i woulda been like oh well but now im like....

fuck! oh well :(

[quote name='mykevermin']Eh, whatever. Is Saints Row 2 going to happen this year?[/quote]

it's probably not coming out this year, but it would be in their best intrest to release it this year. The developer probably didn't want to release it this year, becasue it would be burried by GTA. But now that GTA isn't coming out, this game would probably sell a few copies becasue it would fill the GTA void... or not

fuck You Rockstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Although now it will give me more time to enjoy Army of Two and Kane and Lynch: Dead Men when the are released in November. (If that still happens.)

I wonder if they're avoiding the Halo 3 launch date.

Whether that be their call, or Microsoft's sugge$tion.

The delay is fine with me. It's not like there won't be enough other great titles released this fall.

Delays in order to make improvements are always promising.

I'd rather wait another year if it means the game will be better. I'd rather play a 9.7 in a year than a 9.0 today.

Is the PS3 the cause for the delay? Pachter thinks so:

We think it is likely that the Rockstar team had difficulty in building an exceptionally complicated game for the PS3, and failed to recognise [sic] how far away from completion the game truly was until recently," said Pachter.

"We think it is also likely that Take-Two had a contractual commitment to Sony that it would not favour competitor Microsoft by launching the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV prior to launching the PS3 version, and believe that any delay of the PS3 version necessitated a delay of the Xbox 360 version," he added.

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33702

OH well, I'm sure other games will keep my interest until then. Hopefully they just make it better....maybe give us a demo to hold us over :)

[quote name='deadite76']Is the PS3 the cause for the delay? Pachter thinks so:

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33702[/quote]

If that's true the Microsoft must be fuming right about now... although they have the best fall lineup with or without GTAIV. I can't help but think this is bad news for Microsoft though because with Halo 3 and GTAIV this fall if you were going to buy a next-gen console, the 360 is it. Next year things might not be so clear cut since the PS3 will probably be rolling out a lot of AAA titles in 2008.

A couple weeks ago (months?) they were saying that their big development problem was with the 360 and the lack of a harddrive in every model.

I think both versions probably need some more work.

[quote name='Halo05']A couple weeks ago (months?) they were saying that their big development problem was with the 360 and the lack of a harddrive in every model.

I think both versions probably need some more work.[/quote]

I agree. Its still probably a huge issue with the 360. It wouldn't suprise me if the HDD is required with this delay....

-Dr. Ugly

Like some others have said, I gotta think the lack of a hard drive in all 360s isn't making things any easier for GTA IV. I wish more games would just make it a requirement, I think at this point about everyone has a hard drive.

I kinda saw the delay coming. Gametrailers listed GTA4 as one of the dissappointments of E3 but they didnt say why. Guess there is more that needs to be done with it.

[quote name='javeryh']If that's true the Microsoft must be fuming right about now... although they have the best fall lineup with or without GTAIV. I can't help but think this is bad news for Microsoft though because with Halo 3 and GTAIV this fall if you were going to buy a next-gen console, the 360 is it. Next year things might not be so clear cut since the PS3 will probably be rolling out a lot of AAA titles in 2008.[/quote]

*Cough*MGS"Cough"Killzone"Cough*

The only two games worth buying a PS3

haha now I have someone to blame ;)

We think it is likely that the Rockstar team had difficulty in building an exceptionally complicated game for the PS3, and failed to recognize how far away from completion the game truly was until recently," Pachter said. "We think it is also likely that Take-Two had a contractual commitment to Sony that it would not favor competitor Microsoft by launching the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV prior to launching the PS3 version, and believe that any delay of the PS3 version necessitated a delay of the Xbox 360 version."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6176166.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;4

haha! we planned it this way,
Love,
The Sony Defense Force.

p.s. that was an analyst who was guessing that it was the PS3 holding the game back. So, I guess that means if you get a business degree, you can get paid to speculate just like any other forum goer ;)

[quote name='mvp828']*Cough*MGS"Cough"Killzone"Cough*

The only two games worth buying a PS3[/quote]

and *cough*"LittleBigPlanet"*cough*

There's three, amigo

-Dr. Ugly

Who cares why it got delayed. Even the Impressions Preview one website had said that the game had many problems that needed to be ironed out. I really wish it was still coming out in Oct. but if they are going to make this game run smooth and be incredible I can wait.

[quote name='Cursor']Complete unabashed speculation:

So is this the fault of the PS3 being a complete and utter pain in the ass to develop for? It's public knowledge that R* has only been showing the game on the 360.

I wanted my god damn black duffle bag.[/QUOTE]

Oh I dunno... I think that Rockstar's announcement of a PS3 exclusive title means that it's not necessarily the PS3.

Besides, it's great that a developer isn't rushing a title for some arbitrary "seasonal window"....

It's like Blizzard... sometimes maddening delays, but worth the wait. :)

[quote name='Apossum']haha! we planned it this way,
Love,
The Sony Defense Force.

p.s. that was an analyst who was guessing that it was the PS3 holding the game back. So, I guess that means if you get a business degree, you can get paid to speculate just like any other forum goer ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Anyone putting stock into this, do a google search for Michael Pachter. This guy's all over the place, and has (at best) 1 out of every 20 predictions he makes come to light ever, let alone in the time frame he suggests. He's like those political commentators that are constantly predicting a massive windfall of support for the Republican party in 2006 (or today, or in 2008). They may be right once in a lifetime, but for the moment, they're pretty much as wrong as wrong can be.

Unless, of course, you think that predicting that PS3 will win this console generation and the inevitable announcement of a Wii HDD are predictions that come from someone grounded in reality. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, now I know my backlog *may* have a chance at me putting a dent into it.

Plus, saving me some cash as I will probably end up with the $90/$100 version then it will drop to $40 on Amazon DOTD just like what happened w/ my Halo 3 :p

I thought that they didn't give specific date after they pushed it back to next year. Is that a gamestop notice telling you that?

[quote name='dimeadz']I thought that they didn't give specific date after they pushed it back to next year. Is that a gamestop notice telling you that?[/QUOTE]

They didn't give it a date. Other than before the end of their financial year.

[quote name='daroga']I wouldn't be real surprised if this ended up being a Christmas 08 release.[/QUOTE]

Bingo, you'd think this delay would be for something cool like adding in helicopters and airplanes but in reality its gonna end up being mostly about the marketting.

I bet it will be released on a close date that Vice City and San Andreas got released. That would be the end of Oct. Rockstar loves releasing GTA at that time.

bread's done
Back