Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Matt Young']Haha... Thanks, but I think I'm the last person who got ti on launch day to beat it.[/quote]No, sir. I picked it up at launch and I've still yet to beat it. I've only gotten as far as
killing the dirty cop instead of his brother and the funeral procession following
. I'll finish this up Thanksgiving break. Oddly enough, I now have two copies of the game as well.

I've got you both beat! I picked it up the CE at midnight on release day. After playing for about 2 hours last night i'm still in the Vlad missions EARLY in the game. LOL when it came out I was busy wrapping up other games and yea just played some online and cruised the city. :D Wanting to play Saint's Row 2 got me back into this.

So now that I fixed my router's connection and my NAT is Open, I'm finally able to join 100% guarantee a GTA4 online game. Damn fun. My favorite online modes are the campaign modes (Deal Breaker, Hangman's Noose and Bomb Da base). Playing these modes with your friends is definitely fun.

:whee::whee::whee: SWEEEEEET!

This would hopefully also appeal to those who said GTA IV was too serious. I'm still addicted, so something like this would just make my backlog keep collecting dust.

Definitely would be interested. I wonder if new multiplayer modes would be added with the DLC. Imagine a GTA-version of Left 4 Dead, haha.

EDIT: Maybe not..I just visited the social club and it just seems like a new app in the social club to track the "Let sleeping rockstar lie" achievement". I don't want to be a pessimist, but I think this is just an add-on.

Was playing as a zombie a few minutes ago this is how it works if you unlocked the let sleeping rockstars lie achievement you unlock a zombie skin

that's it lol

Did no one really know about the Zombie skin? It's been in the game since it came out (since the Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie achievement was first obtainable).

I don't get how this is possibly making news stories now, besides for the fact that Halloween is soon.

I think the article was saying a zombie "outbreak" scenario was possible because there were resources already available (aka the skin).

I'm willing to bet it will be a halloween custom match set, Zombie skins Vs. Humans, or something of the sort.

Clarification: Much like Halo 3 last year.

So.. this is where I am:

199 pigeons, NO IDEA where the last one is... so upsetting.

Also:

Even though Kate is dead she still calls me for dates, weird huh?

[quote name='fart_bubble']Has there been any rumblings on when the DLC is going to actually come out?[/quote]

I think i heard from a gametrailers discussion video that it wont be out this year.

Still no official date other than by the end of the year-feb. I wasn't expecting it to take this long tbh (was thinking late July for the first one), I would have sold off my GTAIV and just get it again for cheaper later. Now all the triple A titles are coming out so who knows when I'll actually get around to it.

[quote name='Foo228']Supposedly this month, says kotaku[/quote]

Any chance you have a link? The DLC would be awesome to have before Christmas!

I am curious about the date, since I think it'd actually make more sense to release it later, given the huge glut of releases in November/December.

Release now, get lost in the shuffle... wait a few months til January/February, higher profile.

Zombie DLC would suck ass if it wasn't a persistent mode that could remember if you were a zombie or still human. It would be a cool mode if they could do that, and either up the player count much higher or at least have civilians able to be zombified and hostile towards humans, and disable vehicles too.

There needs to be a game where you just go online and try to survive. A light and simple MMO. Urban Dead is the closest and it's essentially an internet based pen & paper game. Shit, somebody should just pay a boatload of money to the Urban Dead guy and port his game. If not a full massive overhaul port, just the existing game with new graphics on XBLA. Microsoft would make a killing.

response to crunchb3rry: If they had a zombie game mode where civilians became zombies, and the real players had to survive, that would be badass. GTA4 would be prime for this, considering its sandbox element.

I GOT MY KEY TO LIBERTY CITY!!!

Today i saw a package on my porch and it was my Key to Liberty City. The furry box is about 7 inches wide by 4' 1/2 inches in depth. They key itself is 5 inches long. Here are some pics.

The box it comes in...

Soft furry box, really sweet...

Furry box opened, rockstar logo on top inside...

Furry box opened, key shot...kind of blurry...

And the main prize...the key!

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont see any on ebay.... wonder what kind of price it would sell for.[/quote]

So jealous right now, can't wait til i get mine. Congrats! Does it have your gamertag on it?

[quote name='chex20']So jealous right now, can't wait til i get mine. Congrats! Does it have your gamertag on it?[/quote]

Nope. No gamertag. The back of the key looks like the front but mirrored.

Also got my Key to the City today.

The estimated value by Rockstar (I remember seeing it while filling out all the info for this contest) was $50 - but it should rack in waaaay more than that :cool:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Ok noob question, how did you get that, 100% right?[/quote]

Yeah, you had to get 100% within like 3 weeks of the games release. Not really sure the exact time frame you had to get 100% in by.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']$150 is a bit much. Good luck on some rich prick biting on that.[/quote]

Yeah I wasnt sure what i should sell it for. I didnt want to sell it for 50, i would rather keep the key. All i know is there is already 1 watcher. :bouncy:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah I wasnt sure what i should sell it for. I didnt want to sell it for 50, i would rather keep the key. All i know is there is already 1 watcher. :bouncy:[/quote]

...yeah, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's me, cause I want to see what numnuts is gonna bid on it. I should have my key tomorrow, or sometime next week. If you get anything over $150 then my key might hit ebay too. :bouncy:

[quote name='chex20']...yeah, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's me, cause I want to see what numnuts is gonna bid on it. I should have my key tomorrow, or sometime next week. If you get anything over $150 then my key might hit ebay too. :bouncy:[/quote]

awww nuts. :bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah, you had to get 100% within like 3 weeks of the games release. Not really sure the exact time frame you had to get 100% in by.[/quote]

Ha, damn it I was hoping for this for motivation but screw getting all 100%.

[quote name='jlarlee']wow 280 congrats man. Nothing like making money for playing games. I think you timed the auction perfectly that will never sell higher[/quote]

Yeah sick sell... great timing.

bread's done
Back