Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='anomynous']And..........................

it's been out for a week[/QUOTE]

and the website has been done already a week before the game was ever released. the public never had access to everything before the games release anyway.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ok, as soon as I saw this I kind already knew how to react since I've done web design shit. Rockstar probably hired some other company to layout or build their website, and/or had an in-house team already. From there they have art assets and whatnot. Some website art will be entirely brand new or from the art assets. Seeing as the layout of the table is set, this definitely screams to be original art instead of rockstar stuff...[/quote]
What are you talking about?

Every single piece of data that goes onto that site has been approved by Rockstar. I doubt they hired some half-assed company to do their website, everything that goes onto the site would have been passed through a few people at R*.

[quote name='joe2187']From Rockstar Social Club website

gtaivsanandreasticket.jpg

SPECULATE AWAY!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

*goes and hordes points*

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ok, as soon as I saw this I kind already knew how to react since I've done web design shit. Rockstar probably hired some other company to layout or build their website, and/or had an in-house team already. From there they have art assets and whatnot. Some website art will be entirely brand new or from the art assets. Seeing as the layout of the table is set, this definitely screams to be original art instead of rockstar stuff... on top of that Houser stated not a single percentage of thought has gone into the DLC and he said there wouldn't be any thought about it until the game was released.[/quote]

Game developers try to keep things under wraps, and DLC info might even deter sales.

"Wtf? The full game isn't here and we have to download (and pay) for the 'full' game?"

I've only played a little bit so far, just getting to know the city and getting new clothes, but it's pretty good so far. The controls seem loose, but I'll get used to them. I really like the radio/tv station stuff. It's very cool.

[quote name='Mattte']What are you talking about?

Every single piece of data that goes onto that site has been approved by Rockstar. I doubt they hired some half-assed company to do their website, everything that goes onto the site would have been passed through a few people at R*.[/QUOTE]

sure. fine. whatever makes you happy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sure. fine. whatever makes you happy.[/quote]

BOW DOWN MY MINION.

Jk, I get you. It isn't worth the trouble of arguing.

anyone have any idea when the content is going to come out? Also, have you seen the contest on the Social Club website for the liberty city "key to the city"?

How do you turn off the music in the car? These stations are *driving* me nuts.

I have not played GTA since Vice City (on xbox), and I have gotten about three missions and and all I can say is, I am kind of bored. This seems like more of the same so far, and yet all I have heard are rave reviews. I'm hoping things pick up really fast?

(I still have not tried the multiplayer, I am just giving my first hour impressions of the game...)

Online play is fun, and I think that it picks up. The start of a game is always going to be boring, because it is like the introduction to the game.

[quote name='anomynous']To turn off the radio you hold left on the dpad

And the game really needs a custom soundtrack radio station.[/quote]

Thanks. How do I get into the online menu? It just loads my game up. Do I have to earn it by completing more missions?

No...you don't have to do the three leaf clover mission to play online...to get to the online menu you need to press up on the dpad to bring up the cellphone and then scroll to multiplayer.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Thanks. How do I get into the online menu? It just loads my game up. Do I have to earn it by completing more missions?[/quote]

What you do (If you are playing on the 360) is bring up your cell phone(Up on the D pad) and scroll down to where it says multiplayer. You can also do free mode from the multiplayer menu(where you have the whole map unlocked and can create a party and roam around all three islands on the map), and select your match type. Like player match, ranked or deathmatch, team deathmatch, GTA race, cops n' crooks, ect.

lmao, just heard one of the funniest quotes from the game. It was actually a conversation between Brucie and Niko. We were driving to a strip club when he just starting saying that he was gonna kill the next person who asked him about steroids and if they affect his balls (shrinkage). It was fuckin hilarious. "Niko, come on man, just cup them, once and for all."

[quote name='Dro']lol I meant the game isn't boring when you do the three leave clover mission lol.[/quote]

Oh, sorry. I quoted the wrong guy.:oops:

[quote name='soccerstud652']Thanks. How do I get into the online menu? It just loads my game up. Do I have to earn it by completing more missions?[/quote]

What you do (If you are playing on the 360) is bring up your cell phone(Up on the D pad) and scroll down to where it says multiplayer. You can also do free mode from the multiplayer menu(where you have the whole map unlocked and can create a party and roam around all three islands on the map), and select your match type. Like player match, ranked or deathmatch, team deathmatch, GTA race, cops n' crooks, ect.

I'm having a ton of trouble getting into an online game. This is really starting to piss me off. I have been in a total of about 3 games I think. Whenever I try to join a ranked game, it throws me into my own room. Same thing with player matches, is there any way to join other people's matches?

[quote name='joe2187']
lossantos1.jpg
[/quote]

DAMN!! That is a given that it will probably be the DLC. I also heard some references to San Andreas. Like when you date the internet girl Carmen, she mentions that she could not move away from Liberty City except to Los Santos. Also, when you do the mission
Where you steal the diamonds with the guys in the garbage truck
you go back to take them out and they mention about living large in Las Venturas.

Ok. Here is one thing I am really hating about the game.

Whenever you do a chase mission. Kill this guy in a car, kill these guys on bikes, etc etc.

It seems like there are certain people you can not kill until you reach a certain part of the chase. There has been many a time where I have wasted 4 or 5 clips of ammo into a car or bike trying to kill a guy and it seem to not even phase them.

Then I notice that I am following him through some really cool ass shit through the city. I can only assume that they want you to see the cool stuff so they wont allow you to kill the person.

This get really annoying though. I wish it would just tell me I cant kill them until a certain point so I wont waste so much ammo.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ok. Here is one thing I am really hating about the game.

Whenever you do a chase mission. Kill this guy in a car, kill these guys on bikes, etc etc.

It seems like there are certain people you can not kill until you reach a certain part of the chase. There has been many a time where I have wasted 4 or 5 clips of ammo into a car or bike trying to kill a guy and it seem to not even phase them.

Then I notice that I am following him through some really cool ass shit through the city. I can only assume that they want you to see the cool stuff so they wont allow you to kill the person.

This get really annoying though. I wish it would just tell me I cant kill them until a certain point so I wont waste so much ammo.[/QUOTE]

I actually 100% agree with you.

[quote name='seanr1221']I actually 100% agree with you.[/quote]

Agreed. Especially since I hate having to waste time going to the gun shop.

Damn, I can't decide on which brother to kill Derrick or Francis? I know Francis is a no good cop which has more power to take me down but Derrick is a drug addict that will never be sane again.

I just went ahead and kept Francis alive because I have a feeling that he would be more useful as time goes on.

And that my friends, is how I waste all of my SMG ammo... Used 200 shots yesterday until I noticed that the car wasn't getting damaged.

[quote name='cdeener']
Damn, I can't decide on which brother to kill Derrick or Francis? I know Francis is a no good cop which has more power to take me down but Derrick is a drug addict that will never be sane again.

I just went ahead and kept Francis alive because I have a feeling that he would be more useful as time goes on.
[/quote]

It doesn't matter which one you kill really. I ended up killing Francis because he's a bastard cop who kept threatening me.

[quote name='Dro']How far am I from completeing the story?
Just finished the mission where roman gets kidnapped
[/quote]

you've got a loooooooong way to go buddy

[quote name='Littlefields']What the fuck, Michelle. Nothings happening, she's really boring. How do I get rid of her?[/quote]

Soon, trust me there's a reason she's boring as fuck.

It's tied to some of the missions, so sweat it out for now.

[quote name='joe2187'].......

you've got a loooooooong way to go buddy[/quote]
I got 18 hrs. I guess I won't get the 30hr achievement.

[quote name='Littlefields']What the fuck, Michelle. Nothings happening, she's really boring. How do I get rid of her?[/quote]

She's dirty

[quote name='cdeener']

[/QUOTE]

actually
Derrick does become clean if you kill francis. I personally hated francis when I had to do it, so it was an easy choice for me. Plus, anyone who was a good friend of packie I considered good since Neko seemed to really like the family.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually
Derrick does become clean if you kill francis. I personally hated francis when I had to do it, so it was an easy choice for me. Plus, anyone who was a good friend of packie I considered good since Neko seemed to really like the family.
[/quote]

same plus when u kill francis the whole familys happy hes gone:lol:

About getting 100%

It says "Beat someone on every activity - 5%" But ive beatin people in bowling, darts, and pool. Bowling and darts have 2 different locations, and i even beat people at those alternate places too. Is there anything else i can beat someone at that im overlooking?

[quote name='metalgear65665']Why does Kate die in the end thats so stupid[/quote]

What the fuck man. Way to spoil the ending:shame::shame::shame::shame::shame: Wrap spoiler tags around that post.

[quote name='metalgear65665']Why does
Kate die
in the end thats so stupid[/quote]

Honestly that was the better ending for me. The other ending is even more epic.

bread's done
Back