GS/EB Preorder a game 29.99 or more get 50% of any preowned game

Just to make sure I have everything correct before I start taking care of this sweet deal.

Do I have to flat out buy the preorder at the checkout? Or can I just put 5 down?

Secondly, I'm at the checkout page but it is showing the full price without any discount. I dont really want to press the Submit order button without knowing for a fact that my discount will be applied.

Thanks for all of your time!

[quote name='GUNNM']still no halo reach >_M[/QUOTE]

I'm gunning for Kingdom Heart:BBS or Valkyria Chronicles 2, each would be 15 bucks with the deal which wouldn't get much lower.

[quote name='parcel621']Just to make sure I have everything correct before I start taking care of this sweet deal.

Do I have to flat out buy the preorder at the checkout? Or can I just put 5 down?

Secondly, I'm at the checkout page but it is showing the full price without any discount. I dont really want to press the Submit order button without knowing for a fact that my discount will be applied.

Thanks for all of your time![/QUOTE]

The money for the pre-order doesn't come out till the pre-order ships. When you added the pre-order and the used game was it showing the discount?

The total on the Checkout screen should reflect the discount, if it doesn't you did something wrong or the site is glitching.

I got it to work, it was kind of odd. I ended up going back through all the order screens and it went through fine.

Killzone 2 for 11 dollars! thank you very much :)

You get a beta code emailed to you if you pre-order the PS3 version of Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Codes can be redeemed from now through the 27th. Beta begins October 4th. Just sayin..

[quote name='madogmgd']So i can order the game then cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]

Website says you can't cancel the pre-order.

preordered Warcraft Cataclysm and ordered madden 11, my order got cancelled because it said the system could not process it...its a legit preorder too i wasnt looking to cancel...stupid GS i hate them...

Got Mafia 2 and Madden 11 for around $40 total, plus have $30+ in credit on my edge card I came out only spending about $8 cash, pretty awesome deal but there just aren't any games I want too badly.

Is the discount supposed to apply at Checkout? I'm looking at the Payment options page and it has the discount (Ico Collection $40 and Fallout 3 GOTY $22) for a total of $62. However, when I click preview order, Fallout 3 is not at discounted price of $22. It is still $50.

[quote name='Jimbo1']Is the discount supposed to apply at Checkout? I'm looking at the Payment options page and it has the discount (Ico Collection $40 and Fallout 3 GOTY $22) for a total of $62. However, when I click preview order, Fallout 3 is not at discounted price of $22. It is still $50.[/QUOTE]

Yup doesn't show at final screen, but it will show upon your order history in the website. As long as the code you inputed worked before applying your credit info

Just got my Star Was Sith edition a few minutes ago that I got with this code. I wasn't as fortunate as other people were. It was utterly beat to shit. Case, discs, missing the booklet. Hell disc 1 has a about a inch crack on the inner ring, I MEAN COME ON?!? How the hell does is pass as acceptable? I should have know better than to buy used from gamestop. Now for the all so joy of dealing with their customer service. :wall:

[quote name='solidus_00']Just got my Star Was Sith edition a few minutes ago that I got with this code. I wasn't as fortunate as other people were. It was utterly beat to shit. Case, discs, missing the booklet. Hell disc 1 has a about a inch crack on the inner ring, I MEAN COME ON?!? How the hell does is pass as acceptable? I should have know better than to buy used from gamestop. Now for the all so joy of dealing with their customer service. :wall:[/QUOTE]

This is one of the reasons i haven't bitten yet. I know you can go to a local gamestop and request a case and manual, but i haven't done that with the disc itself before. If anyone can confirm or deny whether or not gamestop will echange the disc, i just might pick up resident evil 5: gold edition today.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']This is one of the reasons i haven't bitten yet. I know you can go to a local gamestop and request a case and manual, but i haven't done that with the disc itself before. If anyone can confirm or deny whether or not gamestop will echange the disc, i just might pick up resident evil 5: gold edition today.[/QUOTE]

Well at least when you get it at a store you can look at the discs before hand. I don't have that choice since the nearest gamestop is a hour away and they don't even have TFU in stock.

I just got off the phone with their CS, their sending me a pre-paid lable to send it back to them, then overnite me a another copy one once they get it. I'm hoping that one will be decent.

I pre ordered GT5 and got Madden for $20 and just cancelled my pre order yesterday when it went on sale at Newegg. No issues so far with the cancelled order. My Madden is right here and they haven't done shit about the cancel.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']This is one of the reasons i haven't bitten yet. I know you can go to a local gamestop and request a case and manual, but i haven't done that with the disc itself before. If anyone can confirm or deny whether or not gamestop will echange the disc, i just might pick up resident evil 5: gold edition today.[/QUOTE]
Yes, unlike the store, you get a 30-day RETURN window for used games off the website, rather than just 7-days for return & 30-days for exchange as per B&M store policy. Even if you came to the store in the first 10 days after your receipt's date, you won't get an ounce of pushback, since you're easily within the store's 7-day return window (and anyone reasonable there would have to allow 3+ days for shipment). With this deal, I got a banged up scratched & resurfaced Mafia II disc ... but I'm certain there will be many pristine copies at the store (after checking the website for available inventory), since this is one of those games people only play once ... and I'm not complaining about getting it for $24.64 w/ the coupon, EDGE discount, free shipping, and tax.

[quote name='solidus_00']Just got my Star Was Sith edition a few minutes ago that I got with this code. I wasn't as fortunate as other people were. It was utterly beat to shit. Case, discs, missing the booklet. Hell disc 1 has a about a inch crack on the inner ring, I MEAN COME ON?!? How the hell does is pass as acceptable? I should have know better than to buy used from gamestop. Now for the all so joy of dealing with their customer service. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo...dam, sorry to hear. I placed an order for one few days ago. I should be getting it either today or tomorrow. Hopefully i'll have better luck. :cry:

I'm crossing my fingers as well. I was even thinking (for a few seconds) to order multiple pre-orders, just so multiple Sith editions show up, and to pick & choose the best elements from each one. 4 stores within driving distance also currently have the game, so I'm sure between those 4, I can mix&match to get a copy with all components.

Keep in mind that I think re5 gold edition came with a one time use token on the 360 if you were thinking about getting it on that console. I think the ps3 version has it all on the disc though.

Gotta love Gamestop.com's "quality" used games. I purchased one disc-based game and one DS game. The disc game has several large cracks on the center spindle and the DS cart is a bootleg that won't play even in my original fat DS. You have to wonder why they'd even bother sending out such crappy looking merchandise. One look at these games would tell you they wouldn't play. Looks like I'll find a store to swap them out at.

Just pre-ordered Super Scribblenauts and Sonic Colors, both with Harvest Moon Animal Parade. Came to ~$47 for each pair. Seems like a great deal, especially with the bonuses for the pre-orders.

I pre-ordered Super Scribblenauts as well, and got Spidey:SD for the used game for ~$47. Too good of a deal to pass up since I was planning on buying SS anyway. Thanks OP.

I'm gonna pray this deal stays active until used copies of Castlevania become available online, and then try to pre-order the ICO Collection and get Lords of Shadow for half off. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt.

I strongly urge NO ONE to buy used games from GameStop.com. I've done it twice (Red Faction Guerrilla and Left 4 Dead 2) and both times I've received nonworking discs. Thankfully they exchange them in-store though. Too much headache, however.

[quote name='Dissolve']I strongly urge NO ONE to buy used games from GameStop.com. I've done it twice (Red Faction Guerrilla and Left 4 Dead 2) and both times I've received nonworking discs. Thankfully they exchange them in-store though. Too much headache, however.[/QUOTE]

I buy used games from Gamestop.com all the time. I have the OCCASIONAL non-working disc, maybe 10% of the time at most. My last 15 or so purchases have all come complete and working. I wouldn't necessarily think your situation is the norm and you just got unlucky.

[quote name='Dissolve']I strongly urge NO ONE to buy used games from GameStop.com. I've done it twice (Red Faction Guerrilla and Left 4 Dead 2) and both times I've received nonworking discs. Thankfully they exchange them in-store though. Too much headache, however.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered once (Demon's Souls, Killzone 2, Borderlands, Madden '08) and the discs were fine. Came with real cases and manuals, but the Killzone 2 manual had scribbles all over it. That's pretty bad of them to send out non-working and even cracked discs, but if they're willing to exchange them at the store then I'd take the chance.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I buy used games from Gamestop.com all the time. I have the OCCASIONAL non-working disc, maybe 10% of the time at most. My last 15 or so purchases have all come complete and working. I wouldn't necessarily think your situation is the norm and you just got unlucky.[/QUOTE]

I've probably placed 5 or so orders with them, and only 1 order came complete/in acceptable condition. The rest were all either in generic cases, HWV cases, scratched and scuffed to the point they wouldn't install, etc. So I'd say you just have gotten lucky.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've probably placed 5 or so orders with them, and only 1 order came complete/in acceptable condition. The rest were all either in generic cases, HWV cases, scratched and scuffed to the point they wouldn't install, etc. So I'd say you just have gotten lucky.[/QUOTE]

Well 12 of the last 15 orders were for games that were released 1-3 months prior to purchasing. So essentially new releases. When it comes to older titles, say more than a year old, I would say 30% of the time I either have a generic case or missing a manual. And a very slim chance that the disc doesn't work. I find it hard to believe that I'm just lucky, over a total of probably 100+ games purchased in the last year.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Well 12 of the last 15 orders were for games that were released 1-3 months prior to purchasing. So essentially new releases. When it comes to older titles, say more than a year old, I would say 30% of the time I either have a generic case or missing a manual. And a very slim chance that the disc doesn't work. I find it hard to believe that I'm just lucky, over a total of probably 100+ games purchased in the last year.[/QUOTE]

You're just lucky. Ordered 5 used games from them via this promo and only 1 of those discs worked. Two had the "system fell over" scratches, one was bootleg, and the other one looked like a bunch of rats had a disco on it.

If he's just lucky, then I should play the lotto. I'm looking at my Order History page with 50+ games on it and haven't had one that didn't play.

Just ordered NHL 11 and Black Ops (both for 360) for 86.xx after taxes and free shipping. Not bad for a game I am going to buy regardless and another game that's only a few weeks old.

[quote name='kcohen82']HALO REACH IS IN STOCK HURRY! In for this with Donkey Kong!:applause:[/QUOTE]

fuck! It was still in stock, but when I went to add it to the cart it said it was OOS. Oh well, maybe next time.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Thinking of doing this one last time with GOW and SW:TFU Sith Edition. I'm pretty sure they always send the tin but there were some collectable images that I'm sure will be missing. Anyone ever order that and actually get it complete?[/QUOTE]

Well, received my Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition today. It was the fastest shipping I have received from Gamestop. Of course, it didn't come with manual or any of the extras I was hoping for :(. Unfortunately, there is not a gamestop within 40 miles of me who has one in stock to where I can go and exchange it.

bread's done
Back