Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

Damn, I had the bundle with guitar in hand at Sears in the Tucson Mall, but the register stopped the sale. Another guy was there trying to buy the PS3 bundle at the same time as I was.

Just ordered the game through yourfree360games.com. Hopefully I'll have it later next week. Even though I'm kind of bummed about the "feel" of the game, I'm pumped about the new controller.

Getting the game for free helps too.

[quote name='RudyPants']Just ordered the game through yourfree360games.com. Hopefully I'll have it later next week. Even though I'm kind of bummed about the "feel" of the game, I'm pumped about the new controller.

Getting the game for free helps too.[/quote]
The ''feel'' of the game?

What are you talking about? The only thing different is that Hard is actually more like Expert from GHII... and the pull offs are a bit easier this time around.

That song is in there, Mati. You can buy it. Maybe I'm wrong cause they've got two songs that are the same name.. right?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I thought this thread was about the demo. Not purchasing the game, faceplates or Wireless vs. wired.[/quote]

You thought wrong, this topic pertains to anything GH3 related. The topic title is just noting the last developments in GH3, mainly the demo being out.

Hopefully this is YMMV, but I got the game delivered today from TRU and the controller isn't working properly. Frequently the buttons will stop responding, then only the green will respond. The manual's troubleshooting really only deals with issues surrounding the guitar not responding at all.

Has anyone had a similar problem with other wireless guitars? My wife is currently just playing with the wired Xplorer.

EDIT: OK, it seems to be working after pulling the old NES blow trick. I disconnected the neck, blew on the connectors and reattached. Seems to be OK now.

[quote name='menikmati']Hm, the GH3 shit on iTunes lists F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X from The Fall of Troy. Would be fucking sweet if TFOT was in it, Erak fucking RIPS.[/QUOTE]

You didn't know they were in the game?

[quote name='evanft']You didn't know they were in the game?[/quote]

Nope, I don't follow gaming news anymore due to college (and moving). But it's good to see you and a couple of other CAGs on top of their game.

[quote name='TFN']The ''feel'' of the game?

What are you talking about? The only thing different is that Hard is actually more like Expert from GHII... and the pull offs are a bit easier this time around.

That song is in there, Mati. You can buy it. Maybe I'm wrong cause they've got two songs that are the same name.. right?[/QUOTE]

I keep playing even flow on the demo, and I cant figure out why im playing half the notes. That solo towards the end, it seems like your just playing, but cant hear a damn thing. I just hope thats the only song like that.

I just got a message on my machine from GS saying they were opening at 9am on Sunday to release GHIII

Might pop over and pick up my pre-order, thought I had to wait till Tuesday, didn't realise 28th was Sunday.

My store is doing a midnight opening. Which kind of sucks since we only have like 20 preorders. Oh well, we're just going to order pizza and play GH2 the whole time anyway.

The Blockbuster I went to today had the Xbox 360 GH3 Bundle on sale. I had to pass on it because I have $40 in credit I want to burn at Gamecrazy.

Here's hoping I can get one at the midnight launch tomorrow at Gamecrazy. I might show up a bit earlier than midnight.

Just got my copy from RedOctane, man this game kicks ass, the boss battle with Tom Morello was a ton of fun, he kicked my ass though. Its not a song battle more like riffs, its pretty neat, you get powerups and you get to use them against him whenever you feel its best to use them.

I downloaded a bonus song by Rise Against since it was the only one I knew and was interested at the time...that song is sooo much fun to play specially because it starts slow then gets crazy, then slow again, then crazy again...etc.

Game's a blast!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
I downloaded a bonus song by Rise Against since it was the only one I knew and was interested at the time...that song is sooo much fun to play specially because it starts slow then gets crazy, then slow again, then crazy again...etc.

Game's a blast![/QUOTE]

Is that one of the songs w/ the CD? I already bought the CD, but I wanted to know if there was more stuff on the XBLM

[quote name='anomynous']Is that one of the songs w/ the CD? I already bought the CD, but I wanted to know if there was more stuff on the XBLM[/quote]

Sorry, let me rephrase that, I purchased (unlocked) Rise Against - "Prayer Of The Refugee" within the game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry, let me rephrase that, I purchased (unlocked) Rise Against - "Prayer Of The Refugee" within the game.[/QUOTE]
oh ok, I was like "more DLC already?"

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']My store is doing a midnight opening. Which kind of sucks since we only have like 20 preorders. Oh well, we're just going to order pizza and play GH2 the whole time anyway.[/quote]

Do you (or anyone else that works at GS) know if there'll be any swag involved at the midnight releases?

I'm still debating if I want to plunk down $100 on this (someone convince me... I haven't played GH before)... and if so, do I wanna go over to the other side of town at midnight for a video game...

[quote name='PleasantOne']Do you (or anyone else that works at GS) know if there'll be any swag involved at the midnight releases?

I'm still debating if I want to plunk down $100 on this (someone convince me... I haven't played GH before)... and if so, do I wanna go over to the other side of town at midnight for a video game...[/quote]

I'd say it's a 80/20 chance you'll end up liking it and that it'll grow on you, but risking $100 on the novelty seems a bit risky if you haven't tried it yet

[quote name='PleasantOne']Do you (or anyone else that works at GS) know if there'll be any swag involved at the midnight releases?

I'm still debating if I want to plunk down $100 on this (someone convince me... I haven't played GH before)... and if so, do I wanna go over to the other side of town at midnight for a video game...[/QUOTE]

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it. If you like music a lot, it seems to just draw you in no matter what. Even if you suck.

I'm still debating if I want to plunk down $100 on this (someone convince me... I haven't played GH before)... and if so, do I wanna go over to the other side of town at midnight for a video game...[/QUOTE]

I've only played GH at a friends house and was able to borrow it once for a whole week. I loved it and the only thing keeping me from buying it was the lack of a wireless guitar.

I'd say that you should try to borrow GHII from a friend if possible to get a feel for the game, but I'd be pretty certain you'd like this...who wouldn't?

Ok so i'm hearing some reports of X360 bundles coming with the wired X-plorer...any truth to this, or do ALL the x360 bundles coming with the wireless Les Paul?

Sorry if this has already been covered.

[quote name='JDMxB']Ok so i'm hearing some reports of X360 bundles coming with the wired X-plorer...any truth to this, or do ALL the x360 bundles coming with the wireless Les Paul?

Sorry if this has already been covered.[/QUOTE]

There are some bundles at Wal Mart or whatever that come with the Xplorer.

Anyway, I just preordered the PS2 bundle over at the GS that's having a midnight release. The store is like 4 minutes away. With my coupon and the money I had on my Edge card, it came to just under $80. :D

Well this is from a local GS that's saying it's only wired...I just re-read the last few pages of the thread and it looks like everyone is saying that it's wireless.

I just don't want to go to the midnight release and find out all this GS got is wired bundles.

[quote name='screwkick']Just got my copy. This game is a lot harder than GH2, but its still awesome.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion is backwards from the general consensus.

[quote name='red flare graf']Your opinion is backwards from the general consensus.[/QUOTE]
I agree. It's super easy. My wife usually rocks at Easy, struggles at Medium. We played co-op career on medium, and she was fine. Of course, with no individual stat tracking, it's tough to tell.

Question: My review build has co-op quick play, but I've been told it will be available via update over Xbox Live. Do those of you who have it know if it's in your game, or if the update happened yet? Just curious.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']What are the chances I can walk in to an EB at 12 tonight and grab on? ( I didn't pre-order)[/QUOTE]
Usually you have to have a pre order

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Say, anyone figure I'd be able to grab just the game by itself tommorrow?[/quote]

I dont see why not.

I ended up preordering at Best Buy. Hopefully they hold one of the guitar face plates for me, I hope to be there early anyways. The free leather strap comes with the preorder as well.

3 hours to go.

I'm hoping I get a copy at a local Gamecrazy's midnight launch. I have no idea how many people pre-ordered and one of employees told me it'll be a pretty casual line for non pre-orders.

*crosses fingers*

bread's done
Back