Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']try going back and 5 starring earlier songs, it helped me a ton when i went through hard on GH2.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did.

Honestly, it's not like real guitar, but it is. Practice makes perfect, believe it or not.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']The AFI song is probably the best of the 3, except you have to listen to AFI while playing[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah the one in GH3 sounds like lame ass green day wannabes.
Except for the slow part which is kinda cool.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I suck at this game...If I play easy, its way to easy, Medium is good but challenging, then towards the end of Medium...bam...fucking hard. Tried Knight Of Cedonia by Muse and got my ass whooped all those hammer-on's and pull offs...shit. The keys go by so fast that I end up lost. I don't understand why I'm addicted to this game if I suck and I know that no mater how much I practice, I'll never get to Hard and I'll get through Expert when hell freezes over.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post but make sure you try the lag calibration.
Knights of Cydonia on hard was where it became obvious to me there was a problem.
Calibrating solved it.

I still can't get past mosh1 on Raining Blood though. I'm going to have to see if my
buddy did that note chart and if so I may have to kick his ass...LOL.
BTW I just found an article he wrote here which is kind of interesting.

I don't see the point of that thing when a regular battery charger would work just as well and also work with anything else that uses AA batteries, like the Wii Remote for instance. And for less money.

I gotta say I'm stuck on the last tier of hard (I have problems strumming up and down), so instead I'm going through other songs and I have to say I fuckin LOVE Cult of Personality simply because the solo near the end has improved my hammer on's and pull off's more then I thought (I love those "Holy shit!" Moments in these kinda games where you manage to defy your expectations and do better then you thought). Definetly one of those few games that still has me checking the score counter to see how much I've improved, even if by a thousand or so it feels like such a damn accomplishment.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I suck at this game...If I play easy, its way to easy, Medium is good but challenging, then towards the end of Medium...bam...fucking hard. Tried Knight Of Cedonia by Muse and got my ass whooped all those hammer-on's and pull offs...shit. The keys go by so fast that I end up lost. I don't understand why I'm addicted to this game if I suck and I know that no mater how much I practice, I'll never get to Hard and I'll get through Expert when hell freezes over.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same situation as you, although I did start Hard difficulty but I'm getting my ass kicked. The game is addicting though.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I'm in the same situation as you, although I did start Hard difficulty but I'm getting my ass kicked. The game is addicting though.[/QUOTE]

I was the exact same way when I first started on GH 1. I thought I'd never ever be able to play Hard. However, just keep trying and eventually you'll get used to moving your hand up and down and using the orange button.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']can someone explain the lag calibration. should I set it manually or do the test?[/quote]You have to run the test to set the lag settings.

Do they make a Dual Guitar stand designed for Guitar Hero's guitars? I have one wired, and the new wireless one and would love to find some type of stand that can hold both somehow?

Nobody buy RedOctane's charger. We all know they could have supported the Play and Charge kit but didn't so that they could sell their BS charger. If you need rechargeables, go with this one:

Eneloop Charger

Or the 4 Battery version, which is $25. Eneloop batteries are the best you can get and will last much longer than other kinds.

Yeah, the intro to Slipknot's song is dangerous on hard. :(

I wouldn't have passed it yet but my friend came over and played it without me knowing while I was cleaning some stuff up for later. What a considerate jackass.

[quote name='shieryda']At least the Foo Fighters pack will be worth the points.[/quote]

Roffle.

I wonder when they're starting offering DLC that doesn't feature lame-ass radio rock.

[quote name='DustHimself']Yeah, the intro to Slipknot's song is dangerous on hard. :(

I wouldn't have passed it yet but my friend came over and played it without me knowing while I was cleaning some stuff up for later. What a considerate jackass.[/quote]

Look at it this way: now you can try to beat your (his) previous score!

Slash is killing me on hard. I'm not sure I like the boss battles... the idea is cool but I don't know. I haven't even come close to losing a single song on Hard so far (my first time through) yet I found both Tom Morello and Slash very difficult (and I still haven't beat Slash).

[quote name='javeryh']Slash is killing me on hard. I'm not sure I like the boss battles... the idea is cool but I don't know. I haven't even come close to losing a single song on Hard so far (my first time through) yet I found both Tom Morello and Slash very difficult (and I still haven't beat Slash).[/quote]

I beat Morello my first try, but Slash took a little work. Just remember to stack the powerups.

[quote name='bardockkun']I gotta say I'm stuck on the last tier of hard (I have problems strumming up and down), so instead I'm going through other songs and I have to say I fuckin LOVE Cult of Personality simply because the solo near the end has improved my hammer on's and pull off's more then I thought (I love those "Holy shit!" Moments in these kinda games where you manage to defy your expectations and do better then you thought). Definetly one of those few games that still has me checking the score counter to see how much I've improved, even if by a thousand or so it feels like such a damn accomplishment.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you. I made it through GH1 on Hard although I think I pretty much 3-starred the last tier. Medium was way too easy on GH3 so I started out on hard and I am at the last tier as well. "Raining Blood" seems impossible right now, but so did many other songs that I beat a couple tries later. I've managed to make it through "Cliffs of Dover" after a few practice runs and I almost made it through "One."

I actually skipped GH2 and this game makes me want to go out and grab that as well.

those fucking cunts, theyre actually gonna charge money for devil went down to georgia... assholes. my gf is gonna make me spend the money for that one, it should be included in the game, fuck that shit fuckin fuck fuck.

[quote name='javeryh']Slash is killing me on hard. I'm not sure I like the boss battles... the idea is cool but I don't know. I haven't even come close to losing a single song on Hard so far (my first time through) yet I found both Tom Morello and Slash very difficult (and I still haven't beat Slash).[/quote]

Slash gave me a bitch of a time. Everyone says to stack, but that shit never worked for me because I couldn't hit enough power-ups in a row to stack them. Every time I was close to getting the 2nd power-up, Slash would hit me with some bullshit attack and I would mess it up. So I switched my strategy.

I hit him with whatever power up I had right before he got to his power up section. That enabled me to focus on getting the next power up without him interrupting me. I managed to get the first 3 power ups, making sure to nail him right before he got his and he was in the red by the beginning of the actual song. At that point, you have to get the first power up and nail him quick and he is a goner.

The whammy power up is about the most powerful one in the game so if you can hit him with that, especially if there are a bunch of notes coming, it really hurts him. If his rock meter is low when you hit him with that, he is toast.

It took me a good 20-25 times to beat him, and just like you, I hadn't failed a single song on Hard before getting to him.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']those fucking cunts, theyre actually gonna charge money for devil went down to georgia... assholes. my gf is gonna make me spend the money for that one, it should be included in the game, fuck that shit fuckin fuck fuck.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='deadite76']
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34569[/QUOTE]

Wow. They are really going to charge for the boss battle songs? I agree with Ramstoria, "Devil Went Down To Georgia" should have been unlockable in the game.

I finally got to play the new Les Paul guitar at a friends house last night. It's amazing. Thinking of getting one in the future if the Rock Band controller isn't to my liking.

Well I tried Calibration and other methods but I still can't beat Before I Forget, 3's and 7's or Knights on Hard. I beat Stricken and I can get really close on Knights but the hammer ons at the end screw me over and I fail.

The intros to the 3's and 7's and Before I Forget are two much. I need more practice to pull these off.

So I started Expert and beat the first four songs and then I fail at Kiss in the Encore.

This is getting to me because I made it through hard on the last game and most of expert but now I'm stuck.

I guess I'll just have to practice more and get a rhythm going. The difficulty ram in this version sucks in my opinion! Plus before these songs I got mostly four to five stars on the previous tier hard songs. Crap!

Easy is way too Easy and Meduim is too Easy.

Plus I also agree they should not charge for the boss battle songs! That some BS.

If they charge for shit that I can unlock on a disc then I will never buy another gh game, and never buy another activision game new.

You realize that the boss battles and TDWDTG could be free DLC right? That is if they are feeling nice, but they might have realized people were bitching and made them.

[quote name='KoA']Deffinetly getting this game ASAP, Seems a ton better then 1 and 2[/quote]

If by better you mean more expensive / harder, then yes. ;)

That being said, I am definitely enjoying myself, especially in online co-op.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']You realize that the boss battles and TDWDTG could be free DLC right? That is if they are feeling nice, but they might have realized people were bitching and made them.[/quote]
What would be the point of releasing a song that's already in the game as free DLC? Unless they intended to make people pay and then they saw the bitching, then they made it free.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']You realize that the boss battles and TDWDTG could be free DLC right? That is if they are feeling nice, but they might have realized people were bitching and made them.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed GHII's DLC.

I really don't like the difficultycurve on this game. After playing ghII all the way up untill GHIII realease I had about 9 songs to 5 star on expert and had just recently 5 strarred all of hard (three songs kicked my ass for about two months). In GHIII I 5 starred all of hard other than knights of cydonia, one, and raining blood. But what bothers me is that on expert, untill the last two sets I five starred every song first try. The game seems too easy, and then rediculously hard. I've yet to beat raining blood or lou. Sorry for the rambling, it just pisses me off because it will have less replayability.

[quote name='RudyPants']That being said, I am definitely enjoying myself, especially in online co-op.[/QUOTE]

You messin' round behind my back?:D

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well im so fed up with lou that i just said fuck it and moved on to expert, so now im on the 3rd tier on expert cruisin along just fine.[/quote]

I was reading a strategy on Scorehero.com on how to beat him. It basically said that if you get the whammy power-up, wait until Lou hits a stream of green notes and then hit him with it. He will fail almost instantly because there are so many notes.

It was saying that if you don't get the whammy power up, just restart the song and do it again until you do get it. I have yet to make it that far (damn these tier 8 songs!) so I can't describe to you exactly where those notes are, but apparently it is towards the beginning of the actual meat of the song.

EDIT: From watching the YouTube video of the song, the power up comes at almost 2 minutes into the song. If you get the whammy power up there, hit him with it and immediately. He has a stretch of a shitload of green notes and will die right there.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I really don't like the difficultycurve on this game. After playing ghII all the way up untill GHIII realease I had about 9 songs to 5 star on expert and had just recently 5 strarred all of hard (three songs kicked my ass for about two months). In GHIII I 5 starred all of hard other than knights of cydonia, one, and raining blood. But what bothers me is that on expert, untill the last two sets I five starred every song first try. The game seems too easy, and then rediculously hard. I've yet to beat raining blood or lou. Sorry for the rambling, it just pisses me off because it will have less replayability.[/QUOTE]

i know what you mean, i cruised through the first 7 tiers, but when i got to the 8th it took my a lot of tries and a lot of time in practice mode to get that shit down. but i beat beat em after a day. but i think it has more replayability only because i like the song list better overall. (whod of thought id like muse) but of course that varies from person to person.

I caved and bought this and played till tier 4. I love the guitar but must say I really don't like the battle thing. I haven't found anything too challenging yet except for a couple of the bonus songs Expert. The thing kicking my ass is the 3 chord transitions.

Did anyone else not get their confirmation e-mail from Guitarherocode dot-com yet ? I'm starting to think it's never going to come at this point .

[quote name='CouRageouS']Question about the co-op songs, is there an easy way to unlock them for quick play?[/quote]

YO, RB, RO, GB, RY, YO, RY, RB, GY, GY, YB, YB, YO, YO, YB, Y, R, RY, R, Y, O

Play that code.

[quote name='lebowsky']I was reading a strategy on Scorehero.com on how to beat him. It basically said that if you get the whammy power-up, wait until Lou hits a stream of green notes and then hit him with it. He will fail almost instantly because there are so many notes.

It was saying that if you don't get the whammy power up, just restart the song and do it again until you do get it. I have yet to make it that far (damn these tier 8 songs!) so I can't describe to you exactly where those notes are, but apparently it is towards the beginning of the actual meat of the song.

EDIT: From watching the YouTube video of the song, the power up comes at almost 2 minutes into the song. If you get the whammy power up there, hit him with it and immediately. He has a stretch of a shitload of green notes and will die right there.[/QUOTE]

thanks, ill give it a shot, i came here to vent some more (i just lost it about 6 more times) so ill try this whammy bar trick. well, ill vent anyway, i got a lefty flip and used it on him just before his 2nd power up came up, but he hit every single note, got the power up anyway and fucked me on the solo. ass hole!

[quote name='Richlough']Did anyone else not get their confirmation e-mail from Guitarherocode dot-com yet ? I'm starting to think it's never going to come at this point .[/quote]

You didn't get it because you touch yourself at night. I got mine and I never spill my seed. Try it again and clean out your bulk/spam mail.

bread's done
Back