Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown is up!

Good to hear it's up.

I hope the mass gets in and finished downloading before midnight, which is when I will be getting it. (Fat chance!)

[quote name='sp00ge']Too make it worse, I finally made the plunge and picked up Guitar Hero 2... So much for anything fun tonight.[/quote]

You could, play with your wife's SeXbox? Or have video games killed you want of realy women? ;)

[quote name='omgu8myrice']pleeease no more complaining, lets all just be happy. i think my head is going to explode after this crazy day.[/quote]

Tru, I'm only at 2% but once i do get it download i will be playin all night :D

[quote name='Kendal']You could, play with your wife's SeXbox? Or have video games killed you want of realy women? ;)[/quote]

She's the one that was dying to play the beta, not me. Now she's in a bad mood and I don't think my joystick will be a suitable substitute.

We realize this has been a pain for many and an inconvenience at the very least. Given the circumstances, we've decided to extend the duration of the Halo 3 Beta from June 6th to June 10th at 11:59 PM PDT. So, you lost almost a full day of play today but to make up for it we're tacking on four more days (and a weekend at that).
from bungie.net

[quote name='anomynous']It's up but follow these directions:

BUT, make sure you perform maintenance on your HDD. This only removes game updates and Xbox 360 Dashboard Cache.
(y, x, x, lb, rb, x, x under Memory for the HDD) DO NOT FORMAT!

Do maintenance on the HDD, then go into Crackdown & update, and you should be able to download it, I'm at 11% right now[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Did the update, and have commenced downloading...

Let the clearing of people's 'grudge caches' commence, too. Watch as people completely forget the inexcusability of the situation! Thrill as people just hours ago denouncing Bungie and Microsoft forever and ever bash me for being a downer!

P.S. Oh, and thanks to anonymous for the critical 'pro tip'. I wonder how many people across North America will get fired in the next couple days.

[quote name='M1C13']I was stuck at 20% so I cancelled the download and restarted and it jump straight to 26%.[/QUOTE]
Careful, sometimes it deletes it or starts over if you do that.

Just started, at 1%, keeps givin gme trobles. Can you go to the menu or do you need the dl screen up in Crackdown? Also, anyone know the size of the videos when you save them

[quote name='jollydwarf']Let the clearing of people's 'grudge caches' commence, too. Watch as people completely forget the inexcusability of the situation! Thrill as people just hours ago denouncing Bungie and Microsoft forever and ever bash me for being a downer!

P.S. Oh, and thanks to anonymous for the critical 'pro tip'. I wonder how many people across North America will get fired in the next couple days.[/quote]

At least your xbox didn't break MINUTES before the beta went live. :whistle2:# I must have done something bad that I'm not even aware of.

to those of you who % gets stuck, cancel the d/l and re d/l it again. i was stuck at 21% and i cancel the dl. I start to d/l again and it was at 43%

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Careful, sometimes it deletes it or starts over if you do that.

Just started, at 1%, keeps givin gme trobles. Can you go to the menu or do you need the dl screen up in Crackdown? Also, anyone know the size of the videos when you save them[/quote]
They are saved on your machine initially, but they also go to Fileshare, which is a set amount of file storage. You can have either set number of films or a megabyte limit. Now a saved film is pretty small compared to a Windows Media file. An entire game of, like, 15 or 20 minutes can be 6 megs and that includes every single possible angle, replays with full sound effects in the engine. We have a cool feature that when you pause, it continues to play some ambient sounds, for example, the sound of a rocket, we've got some cool things with looping and sampling where it sounds like a rocket is going past your head in freeze frame. It's weird but you should try it.

some how they keep them pretty small

I was just getting ready to play Crackdown around 40 minutes ago and it had to update. Ran that and boom there was the go ahead for the demo DL. Didn't have to clear cache ect. Was going really fast at the start. Only up to 68% now.

WOw thats extremely small. thanks for the fast and informative post. Whats fileshare? USBdrives possible? Would be neat if you could put it on your pc to watch and edit.

Also, Warning when restarting the download, like 20% of the time it will start over (not sure if they fixed it with any updates, thats circa early2006)

Did anyone actually manage to fully download the Beta from Crackdown yet or is everyone getting stuck? I was stuck at 77% and then my system froze.

[quote name='H-Town Info']to those of you who % gets stuck, cancel the d/l and re d/l it again. i was stuck at 21% and i cancel the dl. I start to d/l again and it was at 43%[/QUOTE]

I've been doing that and keep getting stuck at 1%

I should just give up on trying to download the beta today.

[quote name='ighosty']We realize this has been a pain for many and an inconvenience at the very least. Given the circumstances, we've decided to extend the duration of the Halo 3 Beta from June 6th to June 10th at 11:59 PM PDT. So, you lost almost a full day of play today but to make up for it we're tacking on four more days (and a weekend at that). [/quote]

Awesome.

About the redownloading: I tried it once when I was stuck at 3% and I had to start all over again at 0%. But then again I decided to give it a try when I was stuck at 7% and it took me to 11%. So redownload at your own risk. I'm at 25% now.

dumb question, is the Halo 3 download affecting the servers?

navigating my dashboard is getting annoying right now. everything is either freezing or not sending (messages).

The wait is over they just issued a update for crackdown at 11 east coast time . i have my copy of halo 3 beta downloading right now. and for making us wait bungie is giving us an extra 4 days not a bad trade . anyone who wants to play halo 3 send me a freind request my gamertag is naglack123

[quote name='troll_tracka']The wait is over they just issued a update for crackdown at 11 east coast time . i have my copy of halo 3 beta downloading right now. and for making us wait bungie is giving us an extra 4 days not a bad trade.[/quote]

..duhhhh

[quote name='asianxcore']dumb question, is the Halo 3 download affecting the servers?

navigating my dashboard is getting annoying right now. everything is either freezing or not sending (messages).[/quote]
A bunch of friends and I gave up on lost planet. Lobbies were slow and lag was horrendous. Guide was also lagging like hell.

On a side note I hate in-game downloading. Why can't it be handled just like marketplace content where you don't have to sit at the stupid screen the whole time.

EDIT:

Okay how the hell do you do this if whenever the controller turns off it stops the download?

bread's done
Back