HD collections - discussion and speculation

I thought the all dog tags was only for the Plant anyway.

Can't believe you did that though. I did that once, almost broke a controller on Harrier Extreme and the Rays in Extreme. 25 of those motherfuckers.

[quote name='IRHari']I thought the all dog tags was only for the Plant anyway.

Can't believe you did that though. I did that once, almost broke a controller on Harrier Extreme and the Rays in Extreme. 25 of those motherfuckers.[/QUOTE]
The funny thing is that it seemed easier than the first time I did it. I must've spent a month trying to beat Solidus when I first tried.

[quote name='IRHari']I thought the all dog tags was only for the Plant anyway.

Can't believe you did that though. I did that once, almost broke a controller on Harrier Extreme and the Rays in Extreme. 25 of those motherfuckers.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I was having trouble with 6...

Just finished Snake Eater though. While I remember initially hating it when it came out, I've definitely changed my mind. The end (not The End) of that game was absolutely amazing.

Does anyone have a 100% completed game save file for Tomb Raider Underworld form TR Trilogy that they could copy to a PC and send me?

I already platty'd the stand-alone Underworld but the saves from that are not compatible with the TR Trilogy version. It seems kinda pointless to keep the standalone copy but I'd rather not have to re-play the entire game/find everything again.

Of course, saves might be locked so I don't even know if this will work.

[quote name='dohdough']The Great Dane(all dog tags) Trophy for MGS2 HD can be glitched. I have all the Plant dog tags, but still got the trophy while I'm missing Hard and Extreme for the Tanker.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you only needed to 100% on the plant it seems either they glitched the achievement or they worded it wrong. Hardest boss for me on extreme was fatman everyone else wasn't that bad. Maybe solidus with half a bar of health and no ration

[quote name='sandaz93']Lol, I was having trouble with 6...

Just finished Snake Eater though. While I remember initially hating it when it came out, I've definitely changed my mind. The end (not The End) of that game was absolutely amazing.[/QUOTE]

amazing ending for 3

Hardest boss for me was Fortune. I couldn't get the timing right. Oddly enough, the 20 RAYS were pretty easy compared to 10+ years ago. The invincibility frames from hanging REALLY helped with Vamp and Solidus. Beating Vamp with my bare hands and feet was one of my most pleasurable victories ever...LOLZ.

MGS1 Snake Variety 1 is kicking my ass like crazy. I'm at 150 tries. Dropping down to the lower level doubled my kills from around 10 to 20 though. I think I'm about to give up on the plat.

How is the Sly Cooper Collection? I just got the copy I bought during the Best Buy mega sale in the mail, but probably won;t open it for a while (huge backlog)

Id really like to see GTA 3, VC, SA, and even LCS, VCS remade in HD. But it might not happen if they cant keep the same soundtrack to each game. Those are a big part of the game.

I really hope Tony Hawk pro skater HD is just like the old games, same controls, with updated graphics. Im holding onto a PSN card just for that, but it looks like it wont be out until summer. I want to get it for PS3 just because i LOVED tony hawk and played just about every Tony hawk game on PS1, PS2 not counting Project 8.

Just finished playing the God of War PSP HD collection and they were really fun. I also have God of War 1 & 2 HD collection. Still need to get ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD. SOTC was a PS2 game i always wanted to play but never had the chance.

Im just checking out the MGS HD collection, not sure if i want that though. I used to watch a friend play MGS on PS2 but i never really played it myself. But it looked like a stealthy game, if it similar to Assassins Creed with guns then i may like it. I just never really gave it a shot.

Good luck with SotC, they really screwed the pooch on that one. The physics were changed in the PS3 version, and now your character has a really hard time holding onto anything and gets thrown around VERY easily when the colossus moves even a lil bit.

[quote name='spedmunki']How is the Sly Cooper Collection? I just got the copy I bought during the Best Buy mega sale in the mail, but probably won;t open it for a while (huge backlog)[/QUOTE]

Lots of fun, the PS3 version was the first time I played any of the games.

1 is more of a straightforward platformer.

2 is more of a platformer with a bunch of mini games thrown in between, with the missions essentially being a bunch of separate mini games.

3 consists mostly of missions, which are a bunch of mini games. Bigger team of characters too, but that really doesn't make a huge difference.

I really enjoyed 1 and 2, haven't finished 3 some of the missions were really frustrating and made me stop playing after beating them.

Monster Hunter HD collection(s)

Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom3
Monster Hunter Tri

Naruto HD collection(s)

(PSP) Ultimate Ninja Heroes 1-3
(PSP) Shippuden Legends:Akatsuki Rising, Kizuna Drive & Ultimate Ninja Impact
(PS2) Ultimate Ninja 1-5
(PS2) Uzumaki Chronicles 1-2

Darkstalkers HD collection

Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Darkstalkers: Vampire Savior
Darkstalkers: Vampire Savior 2
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Darkstalkers Chronicle:The Chaos Tower

[quote name='blindinglights']Are those things you want or are they new announcements?[/QUOTE]wants
:pray: Naruto may come out since they did one for PS2 already but they could also make it Japan only.
:pray: Darkstalkers is also a possibilty since there's rumors of a new game & this series hasn't had a huge traction dispite characters being in the MVC franchises which is hot right now.
:pray: Monster Hunter seems like a sure thing with the amount of sales it's produced but this also could be a Japan only thing. But then again the PSVita will see a new Monster Hunter game so that may work in my favor.

I know this is a long shot but I really wish they would do a Kingdom Hearts remake for the PS3 by far out of any series it is my favorite.

I don't think Kingdom Hearts is really a long shot. That is one HD remake that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Something occurred to me earlier today though, since they had to remove the original music from the Crazy Taxi remake because of licensing, is it possible a similar licensing issue could be keeping RockStar from doing a GTA trilogy (and/or city stories double pack) remake? I know they haven't aged that well, but GTA3 was a huge system seller for the PS2, and with the popularity of the franchise it still kind of baffles me that they haven't announced a remake for it. Especially when we got Sly and Splinter Cell, which didn't strike me as being anywhere near as popular.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Well if they're doing FFX HD, I hope that means XII as well.[/QUOTE]

One of the only things causing me to delay my replay of XII (only FF I've only played once other than XIII, but we'll just count XIII-2 in a few weeks as a replay, eh?)

Saw a Gamestop new copy of MGS HD LE for 360 today. It was tempting at $60 but I really wanted the art book to be, weirdly enough, less art and more talking about inspirations for the character designs and the like. I've seen most of those pictures many times throughout the past however many years.

[quote name='dohdough']I wish they'd do Onimusha and include Blade Warriors.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I love the Onimusha games. I think I beat the first one 3 or 4 times.

the "HD remake" term confuses me in regards to FFX.

Is it an actual "do the game over with 2012 technology" or is it the like the God of War 1 and 2 HD refining? Sorry if this has already been cleared up.

[quote name='blindinglights']I don't think Kingdom Hearts is really a long shot. That is one HD remake that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Something occurred to me earlier today though, since they had to remove the original music from the Crazy Taxi remake because of licensing, is it possible a similar licensing issue could be keeping RockStar from doing a GTA trilogy (and/or city stories double pack) remake? I know they haven't aged that well, but GTA3 was a huge system seller for the PS2, and with the popularity of the franchise it still kind of baffles me that they haven't announced a remake for it. Especially when we got Sly and Splinter Cell, which didn't strike me as being anywhere near as popular.[/QUOTE]
While I'm sure I had fun driving around in Liberty City in GTA 3(and cheating my ass off if I remember correctly), I don't really remember very much about the music, which is funny since that's what I remember most about the more recent GTA titles.

I do remember loving all of the 80's tunes in Vice City and having a blast driving around listening to the 90's stuff in San Andreas, but the ones in GTA 3 were very lacking from what I recall.

Hopefully if they do end up doing an HD trilogy re-release of the games they fight more to get the rights to the VC/SA soundtracks and also put in an option like the original Xbox had, where you could add your own music to the HDD of the system and make it as a custom radio station in the games.;)

[quote name='dohdough']I wish they'd do Onimusha and include Blade Warriors.[/QUOTE]same here, I'd pay $100 for the Onimusha collection if they were to include it in a new game along with some swag.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The only song I remember from GTA III is "Push It to the Limit". The rest were very forgettable.[/QUOTE]

Thats the song i dont remember the most. I even questioned if it was really in the game. While i remember a ton of other songs that arent popular. Mostly the rap and pop songs. Weird.

[quote name='dohdough']I wish they'd do Onimusha and include Blade Warriors.[/QUOTE]

My god, I'd love Onimusha. Those games were awesome.

So in about 7 to 8 hours total game time on and off through the day today, I started Sly 1 and got the platinum. Definitely the fastest one I've ever earned.

It was pretty fun for the most part but I have to say there were some parts that were flat out infuriating. Not because they were difficult, but because I would make a mistake at some little part of what you're supposed to do and then have to do 3 game sequences all over again just to get back to and fail said part again and repeat a few times til I got the hang of what I was supposed to do. There were two areas in particular that I played no less than 25 times each.

Started to remind me of the frustration I used to have on NES when you could die 3 hours into a game and get to start the whole thing over again. Not that bad, obviously, but still brought back those memories.

That would be fantastic. 1-3 were all excellent, though Dawn of Dreams was pretty much ass imho.

HD remakes are awesome. But they're only worth a damn if they run at 60fps with improved textures and... I'm not sure its pretty case by case. But some of the BS I've played that came off as a "remake" looked like the old game blown up and upscaled.

Really hoping that it is true, replaying the older ratchet games on my HDTV would be awesome.

My most desired HD remake is definitely Okami.

It's bearable playing the game on my PS2 but it would be damn nice to play the game in HD.

Amazon has had a listing for a Socom Collection for over a year now. Im thinking we should get an announcement this spring/summer and it to release in August. At least I hope

[quote name='smiggity']Amazon has had a listing for a Socom Collection for over a year now. Im thinking we should get an announcement this spring/summer and it to release in August. At least I hope[/QUOTE]

Is that a guarantee?

[quote name='Enuf']Release date updated

Silent Hill Collection 3/20 & they annouced that Downpour will release 2 3/13 & Book of Memories on 3/27. So pretty much March is Silent Hill Month.
http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219818p1.html[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there will be a deal on Silent Hill Collection at Kmart still? Since there's no pre-order bonus with this I'd definitely consider going the Kmart route, given a coupon incentive like $15-$20 off.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I wonder if there will be a deal on Silent Hill Collection at Kmart still? Since there's no pre-order bonus with this I'd definitely consider going the Kmart route, given a coupon incentive like $15-$20 off.[/QUOTE]I've gotten all of the HD coll. I wanted for $25 or less the only 1 that wasn't on sale was Splinter cell but I used a b2g1 unlocked coupon on the day @ a BB 2X RZ point event so basically all the games came out to $27 + the extra points.

[quote name='Enuf']I've gotten all of the HD coll. I wanted for $25 or less the only 1 that wasn't on sale was Splinter cell but I used a b2g1 unlocked coupon on the day @ a BB 2X RZ point event so basically all the games came out to $27 + the extra points.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many HD collections are there on disc so far.
I know that some of the names might be off.
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Sly Cooper Collection
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Tomb Raider Collection
Jak and Daxter HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Silent Hill 2 and 3 Collection
Splinter Cell HD Collection

I just have this weird feeling they'll including a demo of the upcoming Not Devil May Cry game. Probably PS3 exclusive given Capcom's recent record.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I wonder how many HD collections are there on disc so far.
I know that some of the names might be off.
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Sly Cooper Collection
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Tomb Raider Collection
Jak and Daxter HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Silent Hill 2 and 3 Collection
Splinter Cell HD Collection[/QUOTE]

God of War 1&2
God of War psp

bread's done
Back