I tell you things, you tell me things, not about this OTT, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']Bitch please:speaktothehand: you must be horribly mistaken. I have never EVER mentioned I like football. Shit is so boring to me, I'd rather be blind than have to watch football. I hate pretty much all sports except for MMA(Is that even a sport?). I do enjoy watching people bloody each other up.[/QUOTE]

A) I didn't know if you watched NFL or any other sport.

B) MMA is a sport. Heck UFC could even jump to ESPN which I hope they do. That would certainly help UFC build an even bigger fanbase.

[quote name='Rocko']Isn't Persona one of those Shin Megami Tensei games? Aren't they like teh oobar rarez? Unless Persona 3 is standalone and 1 and 2 wouldn't matter, in which care oobar rarity wouldn't matter. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It is a SMT game. They don't have a high print, like say Madden, they usually do gain in value or at least retain value. You don't need to have played 1 or 2 to enjoy 3. It's like Final Fantasy where they have connections, but don't follow the same story.

[quote name='zewone']It is a SMT game. They don't have a high print, like say Madden, they usually do gain in value or at least retain value. You don't need to have played 1 or 2 to enjoy 3. It's like Final Fantasy where they have connections, but don't follow the same story.[/quote]
Ah, okay, so I won't miss anything (but good gaming I suppose) by not playing 1 or 2? I might consider trying it.

Hmm, comes with a soundtrack and art book on Gamestop dot com. Wonder if that's good for in store as well.

[quote name='tiredfornow']That 'Chris Jericho will be 7 minutes away from my house!' thread is fucking retarded.[/quote]
What?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Your point?[/quote]

What are you talking about? Can you read? If I'm saying something is fucking retarded.. the point to what I said would be.. that it's fucking retarded.

[quote name='tiredfornow']What are you talking about? Can you read? If I'm saying something is fucking retarded.. the point to what I said would be.. that it's fucking retarded.[/QUOTE]

Your point?

[quote name='zewone']It is a SMT game. They don't have a high print, like say Madden, they usually do gain in value or at least retain value. You don't need to have played 1 or 2 to enjoy 3. It's like Final Fantasy where they have connections, but don't follow the same story.[/QUOTE]
Have you played any of the other SMT games? My copy of Persona 3 hasn't come in yet and I figured I'd play one of the other games to get a feel for the series. Which one is the best one to start out with?

What exactly is SMT? The developer or something?

I know there's Devil Summoner and Nocturne as well.

Okay, so I bought a GBA game used on Monday from GS. It says I can return it within 7 days. Is Monday day 7, or is Sunday day 7? I wanna return it.

[quote name='dcfox']Have you played any of the other SMT games? My copy of Persona 3 hasn't come in yet and I figured I'd play one of the other games to get a feel for the series. Which one is the best one to start out with?[/QUOTE]
I've played Nocturne and I own Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner, but I haven't started them yet.

Persona 3 has some things in common with Nocturne, but P3 is a much easier game to get into, difficulty and story wise.

Rocko, every P3 (until the next print) will come with the soundtrack and artbook. SMT is just the name of the series (again like Final Fantasy has Tactics or Crystal Chronicles). The different games within the series all have SMT, letting you know they are connected (same magic or characters).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']What are the min req for XP?

BTW, my cdrom came. Finally, less gimped.[/QUOTE]

300mhz processor

64MBs or RAM

1.5GB HDD space

800x600 monitor

[quote name='zewone']dcfox, forgot to mention that Nocturne is the best game in the Shin Megami Tensei series.

triple post bitches.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll try that one out.

And speaking of art books, Wild Arms 5. I've only played the first game back on the playstation but I still might get this since I'm a sucker for bonuses.

Hmm. I see. I know DDS is the ones that go for a lot now. And one of the Nocturnes with soundtrack go for a pretty penny as well.

Since the stories aren't connected between Personas I might look into 3. Gonna browse the title on IGN real quick. Thanks zew.

[quote name='dcfox']Have you played any of the other SMT games? My copy of Persona 3 hasn't come in yet and I figured I'd play one of the other games to get a feel for the series. Which one is the best one to start out with?[/QUOTE]

SMT. The first one in US. That's right, Nocturne.

Just read the P3 article on IGN. Very cool. Personas sound confusing, though, what with leveling up and combining, along with the weird skill names.

My share ratio on Xtreme Wrestling Torrents is 12.326. :O

And I've only downloaded one thing.

Hmm. I should look up the Devil Summoner game for PS2 since I actually have the penny guide for that one, and it's only $30.

Edit: But looks less interesting than Persona 3.

[quote name='Rocko']Just read the P3 article on IGN. Very cool. Personas sound confusing, though, what with leveling up and combining, along with the weird skill names.[/QUOTE]
Think of Personas as Pokemon. You can level them up and they learn new skills and combining them is like breeding in Pokemon, except that Personas can combine with any other Persona making an entirely new Persona.

I'd like to second people's opinions about sports being boring. With the exception of professional boxing.

And is that P3 an action rpg type of game? I'm intrigued by all the chatter but I cant stand turn based rpgs.

[quote name='Rocko']
I've gotta say, I really don't see why that place is so popular. [/QUOTE]

Its supporting a local small mom and pop shop.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'd like to second people's opinions about sports being boring. With the exception of professional boxing.

And is that P3 an action rpg type of game? I'm intrigued by all the chatter but I cant stand turn based rpgs.[/QUOTE]
Turn based.

As for sports, I enjoy football and Mixed Martial Arts. I think boxing is boring compared to MMA.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'd like to second people's opinions about sports being boring. With the exception of professional boxing.

And is that P3 an action rpg type of game? I'm intrigued by all the chatter but I cant stand turn based rpgs.[/QUOTE]
I can't stand watching sports with the exception of some baseball.

[quote name='Maklershed']What's Mixed Martial Arts? Is that like UFC when it was good (pay per view era)?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, UFC, though I don't really like UFC very much. I'm very much a Pride fan (which sadly was bought out by UFC) :cry:

:whistle2:k

In the end I have way too much shit to buy. Maybe if P3 sees a drop I'll buy it, but an essentially blind buy when there's so much I need to pick up in the coming months... just can't do it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is anyone using a different xp theme (bricopack?) than what came on their system? If so what?[/quote]

yeah... some blacked out media center theme hack deal.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I guess they do have cables. 17 dollars is pretty steep though.[/quote]

I was trying to find some PS2 component cables on there, but I can't find shit.

Did anyone see that the dad from Little People, Big World was busted for DUI?

Bahahahahaha.

I wonder if he was drinking a .. tall boy?

6ftcutoutaustinpowers.jpg

God damn, my internet has died like 4 times today. I don't get it. A quick unplug/replug of the router solves it, though.

I guess I will go ahead and get the cables DemoMan recommended. Even though they are 17 bucks, I can use them for the Wii down the road which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back