Indiana Deals Thread

I did not expect so many CAGs coming to Fort Wayne. If there's gonna be THIS much competition, I may just have to not make my stay permanent.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I did not expect so many CAGs coming to Fort Wayne. If there's gonna be THIS much competition, I may just have to not make my stay permanent.[/QUOTE]
I don't think you have to worry about competition from us as much as all the hoarders and ebay people who are in the area as well. They're the ones that irritate me. Like what happened on Monday at TRU.

Have any of you guys hit up Blockbuster for their B1G1 sale? I picked up Lego Star Wars 2 for the xbox and Graffiti Kingdom. I was thinking about some more from the Maplecrest store, but Drakengard and the others I were interested in were scratched up more than I like. I was atleast able to score two decent games.

[quote name='erehwon']I don't think you have to worry about competition from us as much as all the hoarders and ebay people who are in the area as well. They're the ones that irritate me. Like what happened on Monday at TRU.

Have any of you guys hit up Blockbuster for their B1G1 sale? I picked up Lego Star Wars 2 for the xbox and Graffiti Kingdom. I was thinking about some more from the Maplecrest store, but Drakengard and the others I were interested in were scratched up more than I like. I was atleast able to score two decent games.[/QUOTE]I was looking at ditching my copy of Drakengard, but I dunno what I was going to price it at.

The story is that I made a deal with someone, to buy up over 150 video games (I've been trying all summer to get rid of a ton of video games since I'm tired of having a massive backlog) from me (since he's starting a video game store, but this is on the west coast). Since I haven't heard from him (Most older stuff is locked to him regardless, like my Dreamcast copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2), I'm still willing to sell some stuff separately to others (like PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA games).
[quote name='RollingSkull']I did not expect so many CAGs coming to Fort Wayne. If there's gonna be THIS much competition, I may just have to not make my stay permanent.[/QUOTE]There are a lot in Fort Wayne and it can be a tad difficult to find stuff at times. However, I've still come across lucky many times and got good deals.
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Hey guys, let me know if you know where I can get a good deal on a Wavebird wireless controller for Gamecube. I'm looking for 2 if possible. New is preferred. Thanks.

-Dave[/QUOTE]The only place I've really seen Wavebirds at were Meijer, but they haven't marked down the prices as it seesm.
[quote name='donaldtrunk']They put all the classic plastic in that bin about two weeks ago. I was there on a weekday afternoon and actually DID make stacks of games on the floor so I could see some of the games further down. Even doing that, I couldn't get halfway down the bin. We need to hit that thing in force so we can see what's in those boxes at the bottom of the bin.[/QUOTE]I did that at Toy's R Us in Fort Wayne many times, trying to find stuff. Yeah, I get a weird look, but oh well.

slidecage, the CC I was at last year during the sale, didn't care that I did that (it was the one in Lafayette, IN).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was looking at ditching my copy of Drakengard, but I dunno what I was going to price it at.

The story is that I made a deal with someone, to buy up over 150 video games (I've been trying all summer to get rid of a ton of video games since I'm tired of having a massive backlog) from me (since he's starting a video game store, but this is on the west coast). Since I haven't heard from him (Most older stuff is locked to him regardless, like my Dreamcast copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2), I'm still willing to sell some stuff separately to others (like PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA games).
There are a lot in Fort Wayne and it can be a tad difficult to find stuff at times. However, I've still come across lucky many times and got good deals.
The only place I've really seen Wavebirds at were Meijer, but they haven't marked down the prices as it seesm.
I did that at Toy's R Us in Fort Wayne many times, trying to find stuff. Yeah, I get a weird look, but oh well.

slidecage, the CC I was at last year during the sale, didn't care that I did that (it was the one in Lafayette, IN).[/QUOTE]

i did it in fort wayne and was yelled at around 4 times NOT TO PUT THE GAMES ON THE FLOOR.. So i was digging threw the bin with around 50 games in my hands . Few people said Selling on ebay huh? I was like nope just digging and let them hold most of them LOL

personally ebay isnt worth the hassle anymore maybe around xmas yea but rest of the year no. There are too many people who will do charge back and get their money back + keep your game on ebay. these days. I used to do money orders but i got a lot of fake money ordrers

When you get a fake money order your mostly screwed. You have no proof that person sent the money order to you so now you have that persons money and the game. ALL they have to do is call up the cops and say you ripped them off and you really have no defence to it

I wouldn't worry about competition in Ft. Wayne. There are several CAG's here, but so far I've never run into any of the others or lost a game to one of them. If anything being on here has alerted me to deals I wouldn't have found otherwise.

It's pretty rare that I buy games retail, I mostly trade on GameTZ and SwitchPlanet, so you don't have to worry about me nabbing your deal. I'm more likely to just post when I see a good discount bin somewhere.

[quote name='slidecage']i did it in fort wayne and was yelled at around 4 times NOT TO PUT THE GAMES ON THE FLOOR.. So i was digging threw the bin with around 50 games in my hands . Few people said Selling on ebay huh? I was like nope just digging and let them hold most of them LOL

personally ebay isnt worth the hassle anymore maybe around xmas yea but rest of the year no. There are too many people who will do charge back and get their money back + keep your game on ebay. these days. I used to do money orders but i got a lot of fake money ordrers

When you get a fake money order your mostly screwed. You have no proof that person sent the money order to you so now you have that persons money and the game. ALL they have to do is call up the cops and say you ripped them off and you really have no defence to it[/QUOTE]Glad I'm not dealing with ebay on selling my games. I found someone to buy my stuff (most of it), while selling the rest to EB, various forums, etc.
[quote name='arbiter']I wouldn't worry about competition in Ft. Wayne. There are several CAG's here, but so far I've never run into any of the others or lost a game to one of them. If anything being on here has alerted me to deals I wouldn't have found otherwise.

It's pretty rare that I buy games retail, I mostly trade on GameTZ and SwitchPlanet, so you don't have to worry about me nabbing your deal. I'm more likely to just post when I see a good discount bin somewhere.[/QUOTE]True. I think the only day I might have bumped into a CAG member was during the CC sale in July 2004. Otherwise, I never see CAG members around (I might have, but I don't know how any of them look, and I know for sure none know how I look (My MySpace or Facebook doesn't reveal much)). Only time someone beat me to something was a PS3, but that was it (got mine a week after).

I buy games in retail too much, but I tend to be very random buying games. For the most part, I'm at EB Jefferson Pointe, Best Buy (near Jefferson Pointe), and Meijer (on Illinois Rd.) the most.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

I buy games in retail too much, but I tend to be very random buying games. For the most part, I'm at EB Jefferson Pointe, Best Buy (near Jefferson Pointe), and Meijer (on Illinois Rd.) the most.[/QUOTE]

It looks like you're typically on the other side of town from me. I'm on NE and occasionally on the NW. I don't usually go down near Jefferson Pointe unless there is something I need at Staples.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']For the most part, I'm at EB Jefferson Pointe, Best Buy (near Jefferson Pointe), and Meijer (on Illinois Rd.) the most.[/quote]

Stay outta my neighborhood, fool! j/k I live off of Getz Rd. a couple blocks back from that Meijer, so I'm at those stores a lot too.

[quote name='donaldtrunk']Stay outta my neighborhood, fool! j/k I live off of Getz Rd. a couple blocks back from that Meijer, so I'm at those stores a lot too.[/QUOTE]My neighborhood is off of Liberty Mills Rd., so many places in the SW area are the closest to me. I use to live on the NE side long ago (in Hillsboro, off of Maplecrest Rd., when I was a kid), but moved SW.

I live on the SW side...used to work near JP, but they relocated us closer to Coliseum Blvd. So I'm out north most of the time now.

I occasionally hit CC, Target, or TRU at lunch, or hit the EB and Meijer on Lima.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Anyone live near or in Indianapolis? Me want friend.[/QUOTE]I might move to Indianapolis in a year or two, depending upon where I end up for a job (Indy is very likely because my family wants to move there and I would kind of like to live there).

Oh course, you would not want to be friends with me. ;)

I'm not a stalker/killer.

Mana Knight, why wouldn't I want to be friends with you? How old are you? What do you do for work? I'm unemployed.

BTW, I was just kidding about that comment. I live in Indy, but the FW CAGs seem to be much more active on the boards. There's a couple other Indy CAGs here, though, but I don't see them post very much.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Mana Knight, why wouldn't I want to be friends with you? How old are you? What do you do for work? I'm unemployed.[/QUOTE]I'm too weird. :( I'm 24 right now (about to be 25). Not really working right now, since I'm still finishing up college. :( Compared to some of you, I feel young.

Be my friend. I'm 30. Married. Jobless. I have a cat named Worf.

DSCF1049.jpg

Sounds good to me. I'm thinking we'll get along cuz I think we're all pretty weird. Add eachother to your XBOX Live friends lists too.

Someone give me your phone number.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Mana hasn't been in today - he's probably out liquidating his assets so that he can finance our collective revelry.[/quote]That's cool...I suggest he sell an extra controller or two from his stash. I think I'm gonna order a cocktail or two.

And what the hell keeps happening to the last ___Dave users? Is he being taken out back by the CAG Gestapo, or am I just imagining his messages?

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Yeah - what did he do to get himself banned?[/quote]I guess a ban would explain it. He was asking for friends a few posts back (which have since been deleted) and was asking for people's phone numbers. I didn't think it was that bad, though, but the mods know better. Though I had no idea mods even look in these threads. Then again, it must be easier to do with such few posts.

[quote name='heffaji']I'm a new Indy CAG. Just got a job nearby and I'm over on the south-west side.[/QUOTE]Welcome. :D

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Mana hasn't been in today - he's probably out liquidating his assets so that he can finance our collective revelry.[/QUOTE]Naw, I was a tad busy most of the day yesterday, getting my haircut and all.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That's cool...I suggest he sell an extra controller or two from his stash. I think I'm gonna order a cocktail or two.

And what the hell keeps happening to the last ___Dave users? Is he being taken out back by the CAG Gestapo, or am I just imagining his messages?[/QUOTE]I may send you all PMs later and we'll discuss this.

Okay, I didn't really catch anything in deals when I went out. One thing I did notice was that Sears no longer had their sale/clearance bin anymore, unless they hid it. Also, I probably should have bought it, but the Sears in Fort Wayne also broke the street date on Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3).

Since I'm familiar with PSP here (or at most sites), Monster Hunter Freedom was only discounted at Circuit City for $16.99 and Best Buy for $9.99. Many of the Best Buy locations sold out right away, while there might be a few CC locations that carry Monster Hunter Freedom. Most places I've seen that have it, sell it for $30-$40 new (If I can even find it). I wanted to buy the game myself but had problems finding it.
[quote name='SteveMcQ']Let's have a CAG Indy/FW/Lafayette meet-up party. Mana Knight's treat. I suggest St. Elmo's. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I think I heard of the place, but I don't remember. Lol, I'm too poor to pay for you all. ;)
[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Mana's ponying up for a night on the town? Count me in![/QUOTE]
I think there should be a Fort Wayne meetup sometime, with you, slidecage, floormat, erehwon, arbiter, donaldtrunk, Rolling Skull, etc.

Btw everyone, I updated my profile to say Lafayette, instead of West Lafayette, because I found an apartment today in Lafayette, so that's where I'll mostly be living for several months (although I come home to Ft. Wayne ever once in a while, like around my birthday around Labor Day). Maybe I should have a birthday birthday with the Indiana CAG members, since I haven't had a birthday party in several years. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Since I'm familiar with PSP here (or at most sites), Monster Hunter Freedom was only discounted at Circuit City for $16.99 and Best Buy for $9.99. Many of the Best Buy locations sold out right away, while there might be a few CC locations that carry Monster Hunter Freedom. Most places I've seen that have it, sell it for $30-$40 new (If I can even find it). I wanted to buy the game myself but had problems finding it.

I think I heard of the place, but I don't remember. Lol, I'm too poor to pay for you all. ;)

I think there should be a Fort Wayne meetup sometime, with you, slidecage, floormat, erehwon, arbiter, donaldtrunk, Rolling Skull, etc.

Btw everyone, I updated my profile to say Lafayette, instead of West Lafayette, because I found an apartment today in Lafayette, so that's where I'll mostly be living for several months (although I come home to Ft. Wayne ever once in a while, like around my birthday around Labor Day). Maybe I should have a birthday birthday with the Indiana CAG members, since I haven't had a birthday party in several years. ;)[/QUOTE]

i would say a free cheap place would be IPFW but dont know if its just me or they are cracking down. I went there twice last week to print out a few items and was asked to see a student id first time that ever happened.

hopefully 1 more semster and i be out. 4 year gen studies and 2 year business both this fall if nothing happens.

Only 9 hours short for the 4 year gen studies program and only short accounting 202 for the business thing (already flunked that stupid class twice ( Ds both times just missed a C last spring)

[quote name='slidecage']i would say a free cheap place would be IPFW but dont know if its just me or they are cracking down. I went there twice last week to print out a few items and was asked to see a student id first time that ever happened.

hopefully 1 more semster and i be out. 4 year gen studies and 2 year business both this fall if nothing happens.

Only 9 hours short for the 4 year gen studies program and only short accounting 202 for the business thing (already flunked that stupid class twice ( Ds both times just missed a C last spring)[/QUOTE].I know how it is with printing stuff, which is why we get a print quota at Purdue.

Anyway, since you explained your college situation, I'll say mine (don't think I ever mentioned it here).

I graduated H.S. in 2002 (started out kind of bad my first two years old H.S., but did really good my last two years). I wasn't really sure about what I wanted to do at the time and I didn't feel I was ready to go away to college. My parents sent me to Indiana Tech, where I mentioned in Computer Science, then Electrical Engineering (my parents didn't feel IPFW was right for me, since my sister and Mom went through there (well, my sister transferred to Indiana Tech where she eventually got her Bachelors in 6 years total of being in college)). In all reality, I realized I wasn't happy there after a few weeks and wanted to leave. It kind of sucked not being around anyone I knew anymore and I just had problems fitting in (partially because I lived off-campus). I decided to transfer schools, but decided on Purdue because I liked many of its majors and I knew several people there (so I could at least get comfortable initially). I only took 12 credit hours my first semester (only 9 transferred) and took only 6 my second (because I dropped 10, due to either bad professors or class I didn't need). Despite not doing much and mostly wasting my year, I got an A in every class except Chem (which I got a B in).

At Purdue, I got accepted into Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology. Couldn't get into regular engineering since I didn't have sufficient credits in certain classes to transfer. Problem is, what I took previously just kind of eased up on each semester, so I'd still have to go four years. For five semesters, I was really enjoying the major and doing really well in classes (getting over a 3.5 GPA, with my only C being in Calculus for Tech II, partially because the class was curved and my class had top notch students, so there was no way I could get an A or B). Once I got to my 6th semester, things started to go downhill. I took a Project Management & Development class (basically, build a robot with a group of people (the robot wasn't technically possible either)) which changed my outlook on the major. The class had me do more work than time in the day, and I just couldn't get my power block to work (Over 65% of my class couldn't get their blocks working), so they ended up failing 25% of the class (I barely made it through). My GPA also dropped a little during that semester too. My 7th semester I entered the first phase of senior design, along with taking other classes. We had to prepare our senior design project towards the end of the semester in that Project Management & Development courses. Due to problems with the project and the Prof. being mean, he got us into doing extremely hard projects that couldn't be done (like me), so I ended up dropping the class (putting be back to finishing in Summer 07). Took the class again in Spring 07 and stayed the whole time. Problem is, by every deadline, I didn't meet the minimum percentage of blocks working, so I was barely making it through the course. At the end, since I didn't get integration, I failed the course (but got an A in all my other classes, still made the honor roll, lol). I was told that if I get integration done before the next semester, I can move onto Phase II of the project (btw, I changed projects the second time I took it).

To better explain things, to finish my major, you must come up with an electronic product or project dealing with electronics, on your own (no picking topics, you decide). It can't be something easy, because we are required to make the project quite difficult (stuff we did in 300-400 level classes, and we must do something we never did before in the department). By week 4, you're required to have 10% of the project complete (very easy). By week 6, you're required to have 50% complete (if you are anything below it, you automatically get a small percentage of the points, basically, less than a 60% of 100 points as an example). By week 10, you must have 100% of your project working (if any less, you automatically lose 40 points, and the percentage you have completed gets multiplied by 60, for your total score). By week 15, all your blocks must be integrated together and fully working (with sufficient software). If they are, every point you get will be multiplied by 1, and if you don't, everything gets multiplied by zero and you fail the class (even if you got everything else to work). 2/3rds of your points in the lab is based off of project funtion, so even if you do perfect on paper work, won't help. This is the whole reason I'm starting to hate my major. Some people do fine, but usually 33-45% fail the class during the semester. Phase II isn't bad, because all you do is put your electronic device into a final enclosure, finish up all software involved, and present it to faculty and people in industry. Even good students failed Phase I, who got almost all straight A's, because it isn't like any class (some students who barely passed got by the class easily). I heard of someone who has taken the class 7 times.

So basically, this is why I'm entering my 6th year in college. Despite doing well in every class for the most part, it's just a struggle for me to get a good project, that works (there's much more to the story, but I ranted too much). I do enjoy electronics (although I do seem to prefer computer programming, wish I did that as a major instead, but it would take me another 3 years to finish college, so forget it, and my major pays good), but I'm sometimes unsure of myself on my decision. I might have to finish up at IPFW (where its easier I hear), but I really want that main Purdue degree.

Basically my long rant is the reason I'm trying to really cut back on buying games and playing, since I need to finish college badly (most think I should be fine with a 3.55 GPA, but I'm not). I don't buy as many cheap games as I use to, despite buying a few. I'm never going to quit gaming, just cut back. I want to get a Wii, but I shouldn't be spending more money and time on gaming.

Today, I only went to Sam's Club in Lafayette, IN, after I looked at apartments. Saw a good deal on NFS Carbon on PS3 ($38), but already bought before. Due to my Mom having surgery (not anything truly serious though), I probably won't be out much the next few days (gotta be around for her, since I'm too nice).

Btw, this is my picture. I'm just showing it, so you'll know it might be me when looking around at games. I doubt any of you have seen me before (I'm kind of short too, usually wearing a Bulls or Boilers shirt).

My college story can be summed up easily. I started off well enough, but then spiraled into rampant drinking, smoking weed, and complete debauchery. I do wish I would have finished (am contemplating going back as a matter of fact), but damn if I didn't have the time of my life.

I'm the opposite. I've never been drunk once in my entire life (I never drank in my lifetime, other than a small sip of beer and rum as a kid). I never tried any other drug. The only party I went to in college was a Bemani music/anime party and a DDR party. I went to a few fighter events. Otherwise, after I finished my classes on Friday, I'd do my homework on Friday night, most of Saturday, and most on Sunday, taking very few breaks. I am a workaholic and perfectionist, so I'm always doing school work (rarely go out). If I'm not doing homework, I'm either on the internet or playing games. I had many weekends where I never left my dorm or apartment once. It kind of sucks that my college life has been very boring and I don't really have many close friends or friends at all in real life (most are just aquitances(sp), since I don't get out very much at all, unless I'm buying a video game or going to class).

Most feel I need to get out more in college and take it easy, but I dunno, just can't get out of my cycle of always staying busy with school work and gaming.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'].I know how it is with printing stuff, which is why we get a print quota at Purdue.

Anyway, since you explained your college situation, I'll say mine (don't think I ever mentioned it here).

I graduated H.S. in 2002 (started out kind of bad my first two years old H.S., but did really good my last two years). I wasn't really sure about what I wanted to do at the time and I didn't feel I was ready to go away to college. My parents sent me to Indiana Tech, where I mentioned in Computer Science, then Electrical Engineering (my parents didn't feel IPFW was right for me, since my sister and Mom went through there (well, my sister transferred to Indiana Tech where she eventually got her Bachelors in 6 years total of being in college)). In all reality, I realized I wasn't happy there after a few weeks and wanted to leave. It kind of sucked not being around anyone I knew anymore and I just had problems fitting in (partially because I lived off-campus). I decided to transfer schools, but decided on Purdue because I liked many of its majors and I knew several people there (so I could at least get comfortable initially). I only took 12 credit hours my first semester (only 9 transferred) and took only 6 my second (because I dropped 10, due to either bad professors or class I didn't need). Despite not doing much and mostly wasting my year, I got an A in every class except Chem (which I got a B in).

At Purdue, I got accepted into Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology. Couldn't get into regular engineering since I didn't have sufficient credits in certain classes to transfer. Problem is, what I took previously just kind of eased up on each semester, so I'd still have to go four years. For five semesters, I was really enjoying the major and doing really well in classes (getting over a 3.5 GPA, with my only C being in Calculus for Tech II, partially because the class was curved and my class had top notch students, so there was no way I could get an A or B). Once I got to my 6th semester, things started to go downhill. I took a Project Management & Development class (basically, build a robot with a group of people (the robot wasn't technically possible either)) which changed my outlook on the major. The class had me do more work than time in the day, and I just couldn't get my power block to work (Over 65% of my class couldn't get their blocks working), so they ended up failing 25% of the class (I barely made it through). My GPA also dropped a little during that semester too. My 7th semester I entered the first phase of senior design, along with taking other classes. We had to prepare our senior design project towards the end of the semester in that Project Management & Development courses. Due to problems with the project and the Prof. being mean, he got us into doing extremely hard projects that couldn't be done (like me), so I ended up dropping the class (putting be back to finishing in Summer 07). Took the class again in Spring 07 and stayed the whole time. Problem is, by every deadline, I didn't meet the minimum percentage of blocks working, so I was barely making it through the course. At the end, since I didn't get integration, I failed the course (but got an A in all my other classes, still made the honor roll, lol). I was told that if I get integration done before the next semester, I can move onto Phase II of the project (btw, I changed projects the second time I took it).

To better explain things, to finish my major, you must come up with an electronic product or project dealing with electronics, on your own (no picking topics, you decide). It can't be something easy, because we are required to make the project quite difficult (stuff we did in 300-400 level classes, and we must do something we never did before in the department). By week 4, you're required to have 10% of the project complete (very easy). By week 6, you're required to have 50% complete (if you are anything below it, you automatically get a small percentage of the points, basically, less than a 60% of 100 points as an example). By week 10, you must have 100% of your project working (if any less, you automatically lose 40 points, and the percentage you have completed gets multiplied by 60, for your total score). By week 15, all your blocks must be integrated together and fully working (with sufficient software). If they are, every point you get will be multiplied by 1, and if you don't, everything gets multiplied by zero and you fail the class (even if you got everything else to work). 2/3rds of your points in the lab is based off of project funtion, so even if you do perfect on paper work, won't help. This is the whole reason I'm starting to hate my major. Some people do fine, but usually 33-45% fail the class during the semester. Phase II isn't bad, because all you do is put your electronic device into a final enclosure, finish up all software involved, and present it to faculty and people in industry. Even good students failed Phase I, who got almost all straight A's, because it isn't like any class (some students who barely passed got by the class easily). I heard of someone who has taken the class 7 times.

So basically, this is why I'm entering my 6th year in college. Despite doing well in every class for the most part, it's just a struggle for me to get a good project, that works (there's much more to the story, but I ranted too much). I do enjoy electronics (although I do seem to prefer computer programming, wish I did that as a major instead, but it would take me another 3 years to finish college, so forget it, and my major pays good), but I'm sometimes unsure of myself on my decision. I might have to finish up at IPFW (where its easier I hear), but I really want that main Purdue degree.

Basically my long rant is the reason I'm trying to really cut back on buying games and playing, since I need to finish college badly (most think I should be fine with a 3.55 GPA, but I'm not). I don't buy as many cheap games as I use to, despite buying a few. I'm never going to quit gaming, just cut back. I want to get a Wii, but I shouldn't be spending more money and time on gaming.

Today, I only went to Sam's Club in Lafayette, IN, after I looked at apartments. Saw a good deal on NFS Carbon on PS3 ($38), but already bought before. Due to my Mom having surgery (not anything truly serious though), I probably won't be out much the next few days (gotta be around for her, since I'm too nice).

Btw, this is my picture. I'm just showing it, so you'll know it might be me when looking around at games. I doubt any of you have seen me before (I'm kind of short too, usually wearing a Bulls or Boilers shirt).[/QUOTE]

depends on the teacher over at ipfw. Some are easy some are insane hard.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm the opposite. I've never been drunk once in my entire life (I never drank in my lifetime, other than a small sip of beer and rum as a kid). I never tried any other drug. The only party I went to in college was a Bemani music/anime party and a DDR party. I went to a few fighter events. Otherwise, after I finished my classes on Friday, I'd do my homework on Friday night, most of Saturday, and most on Sunday, taking very few breaks. I am a workaholic and perfectionist, so I'm always doing school work (rarely go out). If I'm not doing homework, I'm either on the internet or playing games. I had many weekends where I never left my dorm or apartment once. It kind of sucks that my college life has been very boring and I don't really have many close friends or friends at all in real life (most are just aquitances(sp), since I don't get out very much at all, unless I'm buying a video game or going to class).

Most feel I need to get out more in college and take it easy, but I dunno, just can't get out of my cycle of always staying busy with school work and gaming.[/QUOTE]
I can relate. I don't smoke and I've only had a small sip of Champagne at a wedding. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs since I live a cheap ass lifestyle. I also spend a lot of time inside doing homework, gaming, or on the internet. I'm going to ITT Tech and there really isn't much of a social life there.

I also need to get out more. It's too bad there really aren't any good places to hang out at in Fort Wayne. I wish arcades were still around.

Wow, lots of testimonials in here ... now I feel obligated to tell mine.

I grew up in eastern Pennsylvania and graduated high school in 1998. I skipped college and enlisted in the US Air Force. I served for six years and became a Staff Sergeant, but eventually got out at the end of 2004. At that time, I was stationed in New Jersey and lived there for the next year and a half.

At the same time, I met my girlfriend in 2003 while in the Air Force. After she got out of the Air Force last summer, we moved to Fort Wayne since this is where she grew up and living was a bit to expensive on the east coast. We've been together over four years now and just got engaged a couple weeks ago. We're planning a December 31st wedding.

I finally got around to finally starting college last summer. I took summer classes last year at Burlington County College in NJ before we moved. I worked during the fall semester since I missed registration due to the move. I started taking classes at IPFW this spring. I am a full time student living off of my GI Bill and having Pell Grants pay for my college. I'll be going to school year-round until my degree is done, because I would prefer to graduate before I am 30.

I've abused almost every substance known to man, but those days are in my past. I'll occassionaly have a couple of drinks, but that's as far as it goes anymore. Drugs and extreme drinking start to lose their appeal as you get older. Now I'm just a homebody who does homework, watches sports on TV, plays video games, video game bargain hunts, and spends way to much time on the internet. I'm always checking out games when I'm out shopping ... here's a pic in case you see me (NOTE: I always have a backwards hat on and glasses) My Pic

Ok, story time :)

I went to Ball State, commuted from my parents house near Muncie.
I started in Computer Science, but got bored with assembly language & calculus. I was taking Art as a minor, and decided to transfer. So I switched in my 2nd year to Fine Art and in 5 years had a BA in Fine Art with a focus in photography.
I have a full time job, not related to my degree. So...I work just enough, do the family thing, and occiasionally have time for games on the weekends or in the late evening. I pick up most of my stuff off GameTZ or out of bargain bins.

I grew up gang-bangin' in South Cali. Met a chick on the net and moved to Indiana. Here I am. I turned from my violent past though. Mostly. ;)

Oklahoma is my stomping grounds. A LOT less competition. I'm up here for another month before I'll be out of you guys' hair.

You can find me at the IPFW housing, but I'd rather you didn't as I'd have nothing to say and it'd be all awkward.

And I hit up the Glenbrook shopping areas pretty much daily. The other big outdoorsy mall place on Illinois or whatever road usually on weekends.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Oklahoma is my stomping grounds. A LOT less competition. I'm up here for another month before I'll be out of you guys' hair.

You can find me at the IPFW housing, but I'd rather you didn't as I'd have nothing to say and it'd be all awkward.

And I hit up the Glenbrook shopping areas pretty much daily. The other big outdoorsy mall place on Illinois or whatever road usually on weekends.[/QUOTE]You mean Jefferson Pointe, don't you. ;)

Don't worry about having nothing to say, I'm probably one of the shyest people around and I tend to be a little awkward socially (usually not much to say, unless I kind of know the person).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You mean Jefferson Pointe, don't you. ;)[/quote]

Bah. There's "The mall," "The other mall," "The Best Buy," "The Best Buy not near the Circuit City," and "The Circuit City near the Best Buy." Jefferson CrossPointGlenHurstBrooksVille what the StonesSprings ever.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Don't worry about having nothing to say, I'm probably one of the shyest people around and I tend to be a little awkward socially (usually not much to say, unless I kind of know the person).[/quote]

Projected future conversation with IN CAGs:

"Hi."

"Yes, I'm RollingSkull."

"Yes."

"So, can I get back to gaming now? My backlog is massive."

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Projected future conversation with IN CAGs:

"Hi."

"Yes, I'm RollingSkull."

"Yes."

"So, can I get back to gaming now? My backlog is massive."[/QUOTE]Haha, yeah, but replace RollingSkull with ManaKnight. ;)

But I dunno, my gaming is being cut down just a little, but I still play too much.:( I'm very tempted to buy something I want during the Play-Asia sale, but don't know if I want to spend more $$$.

bread's done
Back