It's not the end of GGT 137, but you can see it from here

[quote name='distgfx']Throw him and punish random SRKs, done.[/quote]

Well, SRK's seem to have a 100% chance of hitting me if I make an action first. FDF+K = SRK hits. Really BS. There's no animation for it, either. It just kind of comes up.

I'll try it later, but AE just isn't very fun.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It seems that Giant Bomb will be doing another Endurance Run at some point in the future. I hope that it's because they've found a game that they want to play and not just because subscribers demand one whether they have something inspiring them to do an ER or not.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that? If that's true they must have found something they want to play. They have stated multiple times that the only way they would do another ER is if they found a game the right game. Although on the members only SNES stream they did talk about ER alternatives.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I played more Deus Ex today. I killed everyone in the Police department while investigating the
death of my girlfriend.
I apparently was having so hard of a time the other day because I hadn't leveled properly, did it right today and I blasted all dem foos.[/QUOTE]

Why go through all that trouble(and ammo) when you can easily take your way in?

Hmm, someone finally made a futa figure... to bad it's a shitty company making it.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
Why go through all that trouble(and ammo) when you can easily take your way in?[/QUOTE]Because I wanted to! It actually wasn't trouble at all after I had leveled properly. Took me like ten minutes. Also, I have tons of ammo right now. Probably because I'm looting every body I be droppin', though.

[quote name='KingBroly']

I tried beating Arcade Mode in AE with Yang but failed because AE just sucks like that. Random Number Generator decides when it'll stop playing fair. This time it was at Ryu (apparently Yang's rival...?) because he likes to block everything.
[/QUOTE]

Yang can punish most projectiles with his dp. Keep your distance and he can't help but chuck hadokens.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, SRK's seem to have a 100% chance of hitting me if I make an action first. FDF+K = SRK hits. Really BS. There's no animation for it, either. It just kind of comes up.

I'll try it later, but AE just isn't very fun.[/QUOTE]

FDF?

You don't really want to dive kick or do any specials against CPU ryu. Just walk back and forth to get him to do something and punish it. If he does nothing, just throw his ass.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Where did you hear that? If that's true they must have found something they want to play. They have stated multiple times that the only way they would do another ER is if they found a game the right game. Although on the members only SNES stream they did talk about ER alternatives.[/QUOTE]
It was announced at their PAX panel, which was also supposedly cut in half by enforcers for no reason. I know they've said that, but I've heard that it was one of the most requested things by subscribers that could've put pressure on them to do something to keep them happy. I know they're doing an ER near the end of the year for the end of Star Wars Galaxies, though I can't think of a non-Atlus game that they could be interested in enough to do another ER.

[quote name='diddy310']Bloodstone 007 is....alright. Sometimes it looks absolutely terrible (see the opening cutscene where M is talking to someone while in no way looking at them while she does.) Driving stages are awful trial and error bullshit but are also the best looking parts of the game.

The shooting is decent enough though...love a ridiculous pistol that can headshot from miles away. I do like the Splinter Cell Conviction mark/execute style thiing - you can do that awesome action movie move of going right from a melee into shooting someone across the room.[/QUOTE]
Are they ever going to make a sequel to that game? The ending is a huge cliffhanger.

I need to play Bloodstone. I started it and didn't go back even though it seemed good.

Bizarre is dead though, so sequel doesn't seem likely.

Just finished DA:O Awakening, Golems of Amgarrak, Witch Hunt, and Leliana's Song (this actually was my favorite DLC). I enjoyed them, although each one was lacking a part that makes the original game amazing, even Awakening.

Still, even knowing that Dragon Age II probably isn't going to live up the original either, I'm still considering playing it next even though I was originally going to play Persona 4, but we'll see.

[quote name='whoknows']DAII is
not as bad as everyone makes it out to be
[/QUOTE]

We know EA paid you to say that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I think DA2 will be a bad game. Heck, I don't think Awakening was a bad game either, it's just not as good as the original, which is what I'm expecting with DA2, although probably for different reasons than Awakening (and the other short DLCs).

[quote name='icebeast']I'm not saying I think DA2 will be a bad game. Heck, I don't think Awakening was a bad game either, it's just not as good as the original, which is what I'm expecting with DA2, although probably for different reasons than Awakening (and the other short DLCs).[/QUOTE]
Just seems to get a lot of hate. It wasn't as good as Origins overall, but it was just as addicting. It's all I played for like...4 days straight til I beat it.

[quote name='whoknows']I need to play Bloodstone. I started it and didn't go back even though it seemed good.

Bizarre is dead though, so sequel doesn't seem likely.[/QUOTE]
They could easily get another studio to do it.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Just seems to get a lot of hate. It wasn't as good as Origins overall, but it was just as addicting. It's all I played for like...4 days straight til I beat it.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I don't understand all the hate DA2 gets. No, it's not as good as the original but it's also not the pile of shit people like to make it out to be. I'd probably even like it better than Origins if there was less of the level recycling. That was my only real problem with the game.

My problem? It was worse than DA:O. A sequel should be better and NOT take out features normal to RPG games.

For the hype, I was disappointed.

[quote name='j-cart']It is the lore that got to you. However gameplay wise, thumbs down.[/QUOTE]

Aside from needing to tap x instead of just watching your character attack, the gameplay felt pretty much the same to me.

[quote name='whoknows']Aside from needing to tap x instead of just watching your character attack, the gameplay felt pretty much the same to me.[/QUOTE]

They patched in an option that let's you toggle auto-attack.

So the combat is basically the same now.

icebeast,
I possibly have an unused Signature Edition set of codes. Let me know if you want them. That's open to anyone else with DA 2 as well.

So...Ninja Gaiden 3 will require you to play multiplayer in order to unlock weapons in Single Player.

What...The...fuck?

I cannot even comprehend how idiotic that is. I really can't. It is beyond the realm of idiocy.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...Ninja Gaiden 3 will require you to play multiplayer in order to unlock weapons in Single Player.

What...The...fuck?

I cannot even comprehend how idiotic that is. I really can't. It is beyond the realm of idiocy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, seriously....

I've begun to miss Itagaki a little more each day.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, seriously....

I've begun to miss Itagaki a little more each day.[/QUOTE]

I would of rather him finish Ninja Gaiden 2 first, but I understand why it got pushed out the door incomplete (like all Team Ninja games post Black have). For kicks, Devil's Third should replicate the Epic Staircase fight from it, and in the lower corner put a fps meter so you can watch it drop from 60 to 10, and slowly back.

Finally beat Arcade Mode on AE with Yang. I lost to Akuma, but I really don't care. I've knocked him around so much it doesn't even matter.

[quote name='MSUHitman']icebeast,
I possibly have an unused Signature Edition set of codes. Let me know if you want them. That's open to anyone else with DA 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

I actually own the Signature Edition because I had the second game pre-ordered for a long time after I finished Origins (but I didn't play through that till like year after it came out, haha) but before I started Awakening. I was supposed to finish Awakening before DA2 came out so I could start it right away... but clearly that didn't happen. :lol: But now that I'm finally ready to start DA2 whenever I want, I kind of want to start right away, since Awakening and the DLCs have left me craving more.

Thank you for the offer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indignate']They patched in an option that let's you toggle auto-attack.

So the combat is basically the same now.[/QUOTE]
Funny.

I don't recall alt-tabbing twice every fight because I was sick and tired of the god damn cunt-sucking waves in Origins.

DA2 was, waves aside, a pretty damn good game.

Just not a good sequel.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm about to give in and buy the Alan Wake LE for $55 off Amazon.

I feel like it'll never drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Where were you when it went on sale last year for $30?

While I was in the line at the grocery store yesterday I was thinking through a full overhaul of the Dead Rising series' gameplay mechanics and exploring the idea of the reason that the gunplay in the games suck being because neither of the protagonists are that familiar with firearms (despite my beloved Frank having covered wars, y'know). Anyways, I thought up a cool set-up to what would be an announcement trailer for Dead Rising 3 where Frank faces off against a group of Phenotrans Security Guards that remark about his less than stellar aim, he headshots one and then says something like, "I've been to the shooting range, bitch!" while smiling and waving his new pistols which have special mini-cameras on top of them, then BOOM! Gameplay reveal showing that the game now has a completely overhauled (and fun) third person shooting mechanic with lock-on.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm about to give in and buy the Alan Wake LE for $55 off Amazon.

Why does it have to be the LE?

[quote name='KingBroly']So...Ninja Gaiden 3 will require you to play multiplayer in order to unlock weapons in Single Player.

What...The...fuck?

I cannot even comprehend how idiotic that is. I really can't. It is beyond the realm of idiocy.[/QUOTE]

NG used to be my favorite franchise, now I don't even care about it anymore.

What...The...fuck?

At this rate, I totally expect to hear about them making the main campaign co-op like RE5/Lost Planet 2 and having a stupid AI teammate if you aren't playing online.

[quote name='whoknows']Like how you never added me to AIM? :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I hardly get on AIM.

And I don't know your AIM address thing email.

You should give it to me.

[quote name='The Crotch']Funny.

I don't recall alt-tabbing twice every fight because I was sick and tired of the god damn cunt-sucking waves in Origins.

DA2 was, waves aside, a pretty damn good game.

Just not a good sequel.
[/QUOTE]

Waves don't stop combat from being the same. Yeah, there was more enemies to kill, but I killed them the same way that I killed them in the first game.

[quote name='Indignate']Waves don't stop combat from being the same. Yeah, there was more enemies to kill, but I killed them the same way that I killed them in the first game.[/QUOTE]
Well, aside from the strategy being hugely different on any difficulty > Normal...

Most fights in DA2 come down entirely to patience and a bit of luck.

EDIT: Or, if you really can't be arsed, "runscript killallhostiles". But be careful you don't use that on fights with cutscenes after them or anything, might fucking things up.

Hey morons, I've got a 22 inch 720p HDTV. the ps3 is connected with the red/green/blue cables. I got the menu to stretch and fill the screen but when i play a dvd there's huge black bars on the left and right. How fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It was announced at their PAX panel, which was also supposedly cut in half by enforcers for no reason. I know they've said that, but I've heard that it was one of the most requested things by subscribers that could've put pressure on them to do something to keep them happy. I know they're doing an ER near the end of the year for the end of Star Wars Galaxies, though I can't think of a non-Atlus game that they could be interested in enough to do another ER.[/QUOTE]

How long were the going? I remember the panel at PAXEast being fairly long.

Another ER has been the most requested thing long before the survey.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey morons, I've got a 22 inch 720p HDTV. the ps3 is connected with the red/green/blue cables. I got the menu to stretch and fill the screen but when i play a dvd there's huge black bars on the left and right. How fix?[/QUOTE]

Is the DVD in widescreen format?

dunno I guess the always sunny dvd i was watching isn't

let me check the movie we watched last night

yep, that was in widescreen and had side bars no top botom bars

Games look fine

[quote name='MSUHitman']Where were you when it went on sale last year for $30?[/QUOTE]

Yup, got my copy for that plus FC so it was even more cheap.

It was ok the first time through, but not an experience I'd ever want to repeat. I'm glad I didn't spend anywhere near retail on it.

If they ever make a sequel, I hope they actually advance the story and explain what is going on instead of the circular BS that the DLC turned out to be.

I liked Alan Wake, but agree that the story pissed me off. I can understand having some mystery to it, but that was some BS. Especially the DLC which answered nothing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I liked Alan Wake, but agree that the story pissed me off. I can understand having some mystery to it, but that was some BS. Especially the DLC which answered nothing.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The DLC answered the question of
what the hell happened to Wake
, but I'll agree that it did leave some questions wide open like
what the hell happened to Wake.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']How long were the going? I remember the panel at PAXEast being fairly long.

Another ER has been the most requested thing long before the survey.[/QUOTE]
It was supposed to last about two hours and they were told to stop at about 30 minutes or so early.

Requests from before the subscription option don't really matter since they had no real reason to give in to those demands, but now they have a lot of paying customers that they'd like to keep happy so that they keep paying.

bread's done
Back