SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views
Kmartgamer 4.0 = 7,436 replies/503,006 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

May 22nd through the 28th: (Light week, believe me, I need it!)

:360::ps3: Enslaved $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Splatterhouse $19.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:360::ps3: Dirt 3 $15 Gaming Coupon
:pc: Civilization 5 $29.99 (Reg. $49.99) Not available in all stores, recommend calling ahead.

Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular - Savings coupon offers effective everywhere)

May 22nd through the 28th:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $60 Gaming Coupon ($299.99)
:360: Kinect Sensor $25 Gaming Coupon ($149.99)
:360: Halo Reach $39.99 ($59.99)

Coming Soon:

To receive gaming coupons you must be a Shop Your Way Reward member. It's free and only takes a couple of minutes to sign up in store.

:360::ps3: 5-31 Hunted Demon Forge $15 Gaming Coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything went off without a hitch as usual. Bought Portal 2 and Homefront from $45 and some change out the door after redeeming my stack of Reward credit from months back. Still don't have a physical card to speak of but that's nothing a phone number and your card's pin can't fix. Not sure if I can talk myself into Brink even with the coupon as there's nothing coming out worth spending it on but we'll see.

Hey Guys,

I thought I should mention a deal I stumbled across yesterday... for which I only paid $13.16 for an Xbox 360 copy of PORTAL 2.

Right now, K-Mart has PORTAL 2 for $34.99 (like Amazon)... but then there is a $25 Off manufacturer's Coupon floating about, which I found in this thread...

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582170

My K-Mart was OOS, but I went over to Wal-Mart, PM'd their price and then used the coupon... $10.00 + tax at the end of it all. Good luck!

Fake coupon. Don't rip off the retailers.

Hey Josh - I have a question. When someone takes a real coupon and then photoshops it for the web, who gets left holding the bag? The manufacturer, since the barcode is legit, or the retailer, for taking in a fake coupon?

[quote name='sadboy']Dayumn @ this guy's avatar[/QUOTE]

hahah that guy is on CAG. He actually posted the coupon last night but a mod deleted it.

(And yes, those are spectacular.)

[quote name='confoosious']Fake coupon. Don't rip off the retailers.

Hey Josh - I have a question. When someone takes a real coupon and then photoshops it for the web, who gets left holding the bag? The manufacturer, since the barcode is legit, or the retailer, for taking in a fake coupon?[/QUOTE]
If it is from the manufacturer, the manufacturer eats it.

But say for instance my coupons from the fall, when that happened I ate it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Sigh.... getting tired of my K-Mart and their stock issues. No Portal 2 on either system. Said fuck it and ordered from Amazon. I've tried to be patient but it is wearing thin/almost gone. I may just say fuck it on all these deals and just go with amazon.[/QUOTE]
If the store can't get it right (or us) at your store of choice, we/they do not deserve your business at this time. Hopefully in the future the ship will continue to right itself and break over to your store.

If you have a chance though, please continue to feed me the info at this location while your there and I'll do my best to help.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If it is from the manufacturer, the manufacturer eats it.

But say for instance my coupons from the fall, when that happened I ate it.[/QUOTE]
What if the coupons are forged?

I will be posting a blog looking for someone to fill my vacant buyer position to be my right hand man. Instructions will be in the blog on how to apply.

Without being harsh at all, the requirements will be pretty hefty. Please do not apply unless you are very serious about it and fulfill at least most of the specs.

That said, maybe a CAG might be the one.

I was appalled yesterday when I walked into Kmart yesterday and Portal 2 was sold out on both Ps3 and 360. I unfortunately had to use Amazon to get in on the deal.

One love, right?

[quote name='sadboy']What if the coupons are forged?[/QUOTE]
If the coupons are forged and have no real tie to the manufacturer, the retailer eats it if they are not smart enough to catch it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If the coupons are forged and have no real tie to the manufacturer, the retailer eats it if they are not smart enough to catch it.[/QUOTE]

But in this case, it's a "real" coupon that has been altered. So it'll ring up fine.

Who eats it?

This doesnt have to do with games, but my dad had a coupon for 10x the points and he bought a weed wacker at kmart and forgot to use the coupon for the 10x points. Is there a way i can still get the 10x the points if i go back to kmart with the receipt and 10x coupon, or online somehow?

I love how that coupon expires on 6/31/11. That should be the first, most obvious clue that it's a fake. A non-existant date.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If the coupons are forged and have no real tie to the manufacturer, the retailer eats it if they are not smart enough to catch it.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like people are still trying to get it to work. So far, at least one person was denied on the premise it's not from Kmart and it's acquired from online.

[quote name='DJP519']I love how that coupon expires on 6/31/11. That should be the first, most obvious clue that it's a fake. A non-existant date.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I did not even notice that! Nice catch.

[quote name='confoosious']But in this case, it's a "real" coupon that has been altered. So it'll ring up fine.

Who eats it?[/QUOTE]
If it rings up fine and was a manufacturers coupon it will ding the manufacturer.

[quote name='confoosious']Fake coupon. Don't rip off the retailers.

Hey Josh - I have a question. When someone takes a real coupon and then photoshops it for the web, who gets left holding the bag? The manufacturer, since the barcode is legit, or the retailer, for taking in a fake coupon?[/QUOTE]
It's not a photoshop...there are these fancy coupon makers.

4chan has threads all the time with people asking for products for people to make coupons on.

It's unbelievable--it's also a felony.

They even made coupons for "Free PS3" and stuff. People used them...and they worked. They always work if you can get them to scan it. Getting them to scan it is the problem.

So, I was at KMart, yesterday, and the girl said she couldn't look up an item in the system. WTF? KMart has been around TOO LONG not to have that feature! She was nice, but she said "these systems don't work like that."

[quote name='The_ZZ']Why doesn't anyone answer me? :([/QUOTE]

Maybe because you can find that information yourself if you just take the time to read post #4. The stuff at the beginning of a thread is there for a reason.

And no, just go look.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']If the store can't get it right (or us) at your store of choice, we/they do not deserve your business at this time. Hopefully in the future the ship will continue to right itself and break over to your store.

If you have a chance though, please continue to feed me the info at this location while your there and I'll do my best to help.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will shoot off an email to you when I get some free time :)

It is due to your hard work that I still give K-Mart a chance. It is just odd to me though. I never had issues with getting any deal up until the Yakuza 4 & Dynasty Warriors 7 deals.

I do still have a $15 coupon to use and was planning on staying on the coupon train too.

I think it was just a combo of the weather yesterday. I will further detail this in my email to you but the lady back in Electronics yesterday went out of her way to try and see if they had the game or not and that at least made me feel a little better.

Anyways, I will shoot you an email tonight or later this afternoon. Thanks again Josh.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will be posting a blog looking for someone to fill my vacant buyer position to be my right hand man. Instructions will be in the blog on how to apply.

Without being harsh at all, the requirements will be pretty hefty. Please do not apply unless you are very serious about it and fulfill at least most of the specs.

That said, maybe a CAG might be the one.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun. Can't wait for instructions.

LOL! Well, I don't have and haven't had any of the coupons, yet. But, I thought I read the expiration/s is/are on the coupon.

[quote name='Interfeci']Sounds fun. Can't wait for instructions.[/QUOTE]
How I imagine SHC-Gamer will be when he speaks to various applicants: "I cannot teach you! :wall:" Just kidding.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will be posting a blog looking for someone to fill my vacant buyer position to be my right hand man. Instructions will be in the blog on how to apply.

That said, maybe a CAG might be the one.[/QUOTE]
Aw yeah.

Retail experience, college degree, love for games

[quote name='sadboy']How I imagine SHC-Gamer will be when he speaks with various applicants:

"I cannot teach you! :wall:" Just kidding.[/QUOTE]

"What do you mean I can't be on the forums all day?"

They are active 45 days (but time delayed) generally unless otherwise specified in the marketing vehicle, there is also a really good info section in the first couple of posts with some more information as well.

I have a rain check for 1 copy of Portal 2 on 360, for the Naperville, IL store.
I'd be happy to snail mail it if anyone wants it.

I decided to order from Amazon, rather than pay gas/tax.
I won't be in Naperville (that I know of) for a couple of weeks regardless.

Not sure you can use it at another store or not.

PM if you want it.

[quote name='Interfeci']"What do you mean I can't be on the forums all day?"[/QUOTE]
"Please send all e-mails to Interfeci."

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']They are active 45 days (but time delayed) generally unless otherwise specified in the marketing vehicle, there is also a really good info section in the first couple of posts with some more information as well.[/QUOTE]

Well this SUCKS!!! :( Brink comes out 5/10. Catherine comes out 5/26. That's 46 days!! :'(

[quote name='The_ZZ']Well this SUCKS!!! :( Brink comes out 5/10. Catherine comes out 5/26. That's 46 days!! :'([/QUOTE]
Kmart is not even carrying Catherine. The game is way too niche.

[quote name='shrike4242']Next person to post the fake Portal 2 coupon gets a vacation away from CAG.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people don't realize it's not real.

[quote name='The_ZZ']Well this SUCKS!!! :( Brink comes out 5/10. Catherine comes out 5/26. That's 46 days!! :'([/QUOTE]

Once again, K-MART IS NOT CARRYING CATHERINE.

Edit: Shock beat me to it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Once again, K-MART IS NOT CARRYING CATHERINE.

Edit: Shock beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

That is quiet retarded. No thank you.

Then what the hell am I supposed to spend my coupons on?

[quote name='ShockandAww']A lot of people don't realize it's not real.[/QUOTE]A lot of people need to check the UPC, notice the date and figure out that it's not likely to be real when it has a big "INTERNET" slapped on the front of it.

That, and stop using their brains as nothing more than balance weight for their feet.

[quote name='shrike4242']A lot of people need to check the UPC, notice the date and figure out that it's not likely to be real when it has a big "INTERNET" slapped on the front of it.

That, and stop using their brains as nothing more than balance weight for their feet.[/QUOTE]
Cant disagree with that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Funny guy. Yes they do work on PSN cards. They work on gaming software (games), hardware, and accessories.

And you should use it on LA Noire if you can.[/QUOTE]

I think catherine looks like an interesting game to watch for story but im not buying it..

Wish i had more business/marketing experience for the kmart gig. I went the design/graphics route. I just dont like shmoozing people or pretending they're interesting that much.

Apologies if this has been asked, but the "Search this thread" does not co-operate with my Blackberry.
OP says Witcher 2 on 5/17 for PS3/360. Is this true or a typo? I knew the PC version comes out that day, but didn't think a console port had been confirmed yet, let alone had a release date set (so soon.)

[quote name='Kain']Apologies if this has been asked, but the "Search this thread" does not co-operate with my Blackberry.
OP says Witcher 2 on 5/17 for PS3/360. Is this true or a typo? I knew the PC version comes out that day, but didn't think a console port had been confirmed yet, let alone had a release date set (so soon.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a typo. No console versions, at least on that date. Would be nice, though! ;)

[quote name='Kain']Apologies if this has been asked, but the "Search this thread" does not co-operate with my Blackberry.
OP says Witcher 2 on 5/17 for PS3/360. Is this true or a typo? I knew the PC version comes out that day, but didn't think a console port had been confirmed yet, let alone had a release date set (so soon.)[/QUOTE]

That is a mistake by Josh (or maybe subtle hint that he knows something we don't) but anyway StockBoy said that they would be carrying the PC version of it.

Edit: Doh jer beat me to it. :( Damn me and my slow typing.

[quote name='jer7583']I think catherine looks like an interesting game to watch for story but im not buying it..

Wish i had more business/marketing experience for the kmart gig. I went the design/graphics route. I just dont like shmoozing people or pretending they're interesting that much.[/QUOTE]
Word.

I think if I bought Catherine and played it...I'd end up getting pissed off. It looks like a game that'd piss me off.

I can't stand that feeling of being chased and having to rush.

KMart not carrying Catherine aside, the coupon you get from Brink won't activate until the following Sunday, 5/15. 45 days starting from then is the end of June, the 28th by my count. You'll have plenty of time to find something to which to apply it.

[quote name='DPsycho']KMart not carrying Catherine aside, the coupon you get from Brink won't activate until the following Sunday, 5/15. 45 days starting from then is the end of June, the 28th by my count. You'll have plenty of time to find something to which to apply it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, cool. When will we know what we will get if we purchase LEGO Pirates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back