Left 4 Dead - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I was under the intent that online would be mass numbers, but after re-reading, I noticed that it's only like 4-player co-op and up to 8 players online (4v4)? That's kind of low. In CSS, it's at least like 16+, and that is fun.. It doesn't seem like 4v4 would be really intense. I understand that the game is based on the four survivors, but there should be a separate mode online where you can create your own player model and jump online in like intense CSS type Zombie Mode games. I could play zombie mode on CSS for hours on end, due to the fact that there were so many people in a game. Now, since it's only 4v4, eh..[/quote]

...You do realize that it is 4 survivors vs 4 zombie "bosses" AND the zombie horde?

Regardless, this game is gonna be fucking amazing for us co-op/zombie addicts.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I thought they said the early demo would start tomorrow.[/quote]

yea, that I know.

Reserve Left for Dead and receive early access to the demo. The early access will start on 11/6/08 and will end on 11/11/08. Offer valid only while supplies last.

In-Store and Online Customers: Codes and instructions will be emailed beginning 11/5/08. You must provide a valid e-mail address at time of online order or in-store reservation in order to receive an early access code.

I guess I was wondering if anyone got the email yet.

[quote name='Pestilence']...You do realize that it is 4 survivors vs 4 zombie "bosses" AND the zombie horde?

Regardless, this game is gonna be fucking amazing for us co-op/zombie addicts.[/quote]

The zombie horde would still be NPC operated. I was under the intent that 'all' zombies would be controlled by playable characters. :(

Yeah I just got my email code just now. Also remember that I did not pre order L4D at gamestop and still got it. So yes the trick does work......which is very nice.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Left 4 Dead from GameStop.com/EBgames.com. As a pre-order customer, you have the chance to play the demo on Xbox Live earlier than everyone else. Play as one of the survivors in single player or co-op mode through a zombie apocalypse. Staying with the team is the key to your survival - fight together or die alone. Can you make it?

To access the demo, follow these instructions to activate your key and download from Xbox Live Marketplace. Please do not share your key, or you may be unable to play.

Access to the demo will begin Thursday, November 6 at 2am PST

1. Sign-in to Xbox Live from the Xbox Dashboard, and then select the Marketplace blade.
2. Select "Redeem Code".
3. Use your controller and the on-screen keyboard to enter your unique code below, then select "Done".
4. Your playable demo will download to your Xbox 360 Hard Drive!

got my code as well. 4 am CST? ugh... o well, ill still stay up, I got end war to keep me busy.

any word if this demo will have local or online multi?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah I just got my email code just now. Also remember that I did not pre order L4D at gamestop and still got it. So yes the trick does work......which is very nice.[/quote]

I tried the trick as well but haven't received an email so far. Did you guys put in a transaction ID from a different pre-order or just any old transaction? I used an old Gears of War used purchase transaction ID.

[quote name='Pestilence']got my code as well. 4 am CST? ugh... o well, ill still stay up, I got end war to keep me busy.

any word if this demo will have local or online multi?[/quote]

Online multi is confirmed. Not sure about local.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I tried the trick as well but haven't received an email so far. Did you guys put in a transaction ID from a different pre-order or just any old transaction? I used an old Gears of War used purchase transaction ID.

Online multi is confirmed. Not sure about local.[/quote]

I entered a random number and got it (not to brag or anything). It's unfortunate I can't play it due to the fact that I have no 360 atm, hopefully it comes back soon!

[quote name='slickkill77']I entered a random number and got one[/QUOTE]
i just typed in some random numbers and it confirmed my entry. now i have my fingers crossed, hopefully
i'll get the email.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I gotta wait for Gamestop to open. For some reason I don't feel right getting a code like that. :([/quote]
What? Why not? It's a freaking demo...

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I guess it's my conscious or something I suppose. It's a long story lol. If anybody does have a extra code. Let me know Please.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. Hell, I legitimately pre-ordered the thing and still haven't gotten a code yet. :cry:

I completely forgot about the beta access and never got around to preordering yet. I just followed what some of yall are saying and entered my preorder info from Gears 2 and yea i'm hoping for the best. I'm looking forward to this game but really want to try it before I buy it since 2 huge shooters are out just before this.

Demo is UP as of now. Downloading as we speak.

Edit: This game is so fucking sweet. Runs perfect on 360, and is very difficult even on normal mode. Best gameplay I've experienced in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed up till Daybreak Downloading and then playing this demo.
It looks good, runs smooth, and plays fine.

The opening video is pretty intense and The first rush of zombies outside the starting building is amazing, but Overall I say "Meh"
There was never a situation I felt like I couldnt handle.
the Unlimited pistol Ammo is kinda cheap, but I do like the way you revive a downed partner and the healing system.
Your partners as well as key items and weapons are always highlighted so you never get lost or overlook something you may need.
the stages seemed kind of short, I hope they where just cut short for the demo.

hopefuly this game is more fun with some Ragtags ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't received an email from Gamestop after trying to input an old GS transaction ID on the web form. I decided to try again from my gmail account with just some made up ID, but I did find something out by Googling around. The first 5 numbers of the transaction ID are the store ID with a "0" in front of it. The number after the "/" is the register number. Not sure what the numbers after the "-" are, but maybe the transaction number for the day.

Anyway, we'll see if this works.

crazy game first time single player I heard the witch but never saw it.. just played MP and at the very last stage thought I'd use the gattling gun.. bad idea. witch tore my ass up!

this game is insane.. played 2 games so far and love it. Co-Op will be the way I play this day 1. Add me if you want to get a game going anytime this weekend.

Im getting this game on the 19th (comes out the 18th) from Amazon so if anyone wants to wait one day to do the Co-op campaign let me know

will be on in a few hours to play up until g.o.w midnight release if anyone else is going to be playing and wants to get a group going, feel free to add me.

I played earlier and had fun. I'll be on again here in another hour or two if anyone wants to play. Did anyone figure out what the second code in the email is for?

I just got a code even though I didn't preorder from GS/EB, downloading it now.

Any CAGs send me a FR if you want if you're willing to teach me the ropes of the game.

[quote name='St4rgalaqtic']^heard its another code for the game send it over to me if you don't mind I really want to try this out.[/quote]

It's already spoken for sorry.

[quote name='Khondor']Stayed up till Daybreak Downloading and then playing this demo.
It looks good, runs smooth, and plays fine.

The opening video is pretty intense and The first rush of zombies outside the starting building is amazing, but Overall I say "Meh"
There was never a situation I felt like I couldnt handle.
the Unlimited pistol Ammo is kinda cheap, but I do like the way you revive a downed partner and the healing system.
Your partners as well as key items and weapons are always highlighted so you never get lost or overlook something you may need.
the stages seemed kind of short, I hope they where just cut short for the demo.

hopefuly this game is more fun with some Ragtags ;)[/QUOTE]

What level did you play on? I played on normal, all the way through expert and each one gets increasingly harder. There was even a boss that wasn't around on normal that wiped our group twice.

bread's done
Back