LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xycury']
I'm still waiting on BN to ship my order. I think I got in early enough to not get my order canceled. Sucks for the rest of the orders you guys placed. Did they ever compensate for it? maybe a small GC? or something?
[/QUOTE]

BN shipped both of my sets, and I ordered after you did.

[quote name='yakkotank']BN shipped both of my sets, and I ordered after you did.[/QUOTE]

My BN HP sets were "delayed" then shipped. I'm supposed to be getting The Burrows today, according to the ship tracker.

Any good online codes for TRU right now? They are doing free shipping right now, I'm thinking it's a good time to get the Grand Emporium (same price as S@H, but w free shipping.) I've got the $10 gift card with $100 purchase coupon, but it's in-store only.

I received my 2 Freeing Dobby today and am supposed to get 2 of the Burrows tomorrow. I am not really sure what happened that Hagrid's hut got canceled, maybe they realized these sets were supposed to be excluded from the sale. I am not too disappointed since I got the free membership which was very useful with the 25% off coupon this weekend. In fact now I am even considering joining up with B&N once my membership expires.

I only saw 2 Harry Potter sets at Target store today. One burrow and one Quidditch set. Only those 2 boxes. The sets are supposed to be on sale but I guess they are all out! I got one Target Bullseye gift card, it was the only one I saw today. I saw the Toy story impulse set but no other little impulse set.

[quote name='mickeyp']I only saw 2 Harry Potter sets at Target store today. One burrow and one Quidditch set. Only those 2 boxes. The sets are supposed to be on sale but I guess they are all out! I got one Target Bullseye gift card, it was the only one I saw today. I saw the Toy story impulse set but no other little impulse set.[/QUOTE]

I'm having a bitch of a time finding another Hogwarts castle...should have tried yesterday when the sale started. Ask for rainchecks and they should honor the deal when they come back in stock. And out of 5 Targets, not one had the giftcards, just alot of empty pegs.

[quote name='180husher']I'm having a bitch of a time finding another Hogwarts castle...should have tried yesterday when the sale started. Ask for rainchecks and they should honor the deal when they come back in stock. And out of 5 Targets, not one had the giftcards, just alot of empty pegs.[/QUOTE]

Why do you want 2 of the same set?

I too am hoping to pick up 2 of the Hogwarts castle. It looks like a great set, and it does not seem as though there is anything else to pair it up with.

[quote name='mickeyp']Why do you want 2 of the same set?[/QUOTE]

To maximize the discount ($65) which they split between the two sets ($32.50 each). Then return the extra set and keep one with 25% off.

[quote name='aunt beast']barnes and noble online has stocked a lot of new lego including several big star wars sets. if you join the kids club, you'll get a 33%-off coupon in your email 2 or 3 days later. free shipping if you spend $25. there's also a 25%-off bn coupon floating around.[/QUOTE]
Is the printable 30% off coupon like the 25% off coupon, in that it says 1 time use but will work on multiple transactions?

[quote name='180husher']To maximize the discount ($65) which they split between the two sets ($32.50 each). Then return the extra set and keep one with 25% off.[/QUOTE]

So one Hogwart's would be $97.49? That is good.

I bought a Hagrid's hut last week with the $5 coupon would I be able to use that coupon on this sale this week? maybe I can buy 2 Hagrid Hut's? I would need a raincheck as they had nothing in stock, but maybe they will get a delivery soon.

[quote name='mickeyp']I bought a Hagrid's hut last week with the $5 coupon would I be able to use that coupon on this sale this week? maybe I can buy 2 Hagrid Hut's? I would need a raincheck as they had nothing in stock, but maybe they will get a delivery soon.[/QUOTE]

of course. Coupons and sales do work, and really the time to use it.

If my BN still wasn't like in limbo... shipping maybe within the next fucking 30 days... I'd probably pick up two sets and use 2 coupons.

I've done that before last year when they had a similar sale.

Ok thanks maybe I will try and get it a little cheaper tomorrow. I have another Target that I can check tomorrow to see if they have any stock.
P.S. I have series 2 minifigures that I am going to return to Toys R Us, does anyone need any before I return them? I would rather a local pick up if anyone is on Long Island.

[quote name='mickeyp']So one Hogwart's would be $97.49? That is good.[/QUOTE]

That plus tax, I calculated tax when I did it and it comes out to a 15% or so discount per item according to husher the way he says Target discounts the item. It's not worth the hassle for me trying to do this, I really hate doing returns.

[quote name='skiizim']That plus tax, I calculated tax when I did it and it comes out to a 15% or so discount per item according to husher the way he says Target discounts the item. It's not worth the hassle for me trying to do this, I really hate doing returns.[/QUOTE]

All the stores have wised up and they evenly take the discount across all products. The TRU and Target receipts clearly state that for some time now.

[quote name='voidedx']If that collection is worth $20K, then I must be sitting on about $50K. But I wouldn't pay more than $850 for that lot. (This is CAG after all.)[/QUOTE]

This is the same guy that had it on craigslist a few weeks back. Most AFOL would not pay more than $5-8 a pound, and I saw many on eurobricks that stated they would buy it for that price.

ackbar, i've only used the bn 30%-off coupon once so don't know if it would work again .. but worth trying. i used it online, so i'll give it a shot in-store.

this week there's a borders 40%-off coupon -

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/40test20101116.html

borders marks their lego sets up about 5 bucks per set; my barnes and noble has them listed at msrp. my local borders has a crap selection of mostly duplo but i visited a borders about 45 min away this weekend that had a *great* selection of city legos, HP... but then i'm wasting $ on gas getting over there so it's probably a wash.

random - saw a LOT of opened set boxes, brickmaster books, and even ripped-open minifig bags this weekend. sad. examine your boxes carefully before purchasing!

[quote name='cusm']This is the same guy that had it on craigslist a few weeks back. Most AFOL would not pay more than $5-8 a pound, and I saw many on eurobricks that stated they would buy it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Most people on Eurobricks are 13 year old boys who don't have any clue about money, or common sense.

Go to the Kingdoms 2011 topic, read the insanity there, and you will see which poster I am. They are fucking crazy!

"Maybe Kingdoms is canceled and are being replaced with Narnia sets, there is a new movie coming out, and it's owned by Disney".

Yeah, sets will come out 8 months after the movie bombs. The movie no longer owned by Disney because the first two movies bombed. Yeah that makes sense.

Border's is SLOWLY redoing their LEGO section. The one near me has a ton of space for sets, but haven't received them within the last month.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Most people on Eurobricks are 13 year old boys who don't have any clue about money, or common sense.

Go to the Kingdoms 2011 topic, read the insanity there, and you will see which poster I am. They are fucking crazy!

"Maybe Kingdoms is canceled and are being replaced with Narnia sets, there is a new movie coming out, and it's owned by Disney".

Yeah, sets will come out 8 months after the movie bombs. The movie no longer owned by Disney because the first two movies bombed. Yeah that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Well maybe if you didn't insult people about ranting on and on, you would understand them :lol:

I can't believe that topic is pinned since there are no facts in that thread.

I didn't insult anyone. I just said people should use common sense. :p

I was actually one of the first 50 people to join EB years ago. I left after I saw the fact that the owner (who is long gone) was a dick and everyone else running the site was literally 12. I'm so glad that asshole is gone. :lol:

That was an insult the the site is a joke. It's supposed to be 18+ and all it really is about 10 year olds trying to up one another on info that they make up and the use as a source to say they are right and I'm wrong when I use common sense. They are like the Fox News of Legos. :lol:

But they get the new set pictures so I'm happy. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']I didn't insult anyone. I just said people should use common sense. :p[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I was just repeating what they told you. If that was an insult I'd hate to see what their mods would do on these boards :lol:

[quote name='encendido5']Oh I know, I was just repeating what they told you. If that was an insult I'd hate to see what their mods would do on these boards :lol:[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't get a formal warning for that, thank god, because I will argue back and probably get banned. :lol:

That was the problem I had the first time. They had mods that I think were giving BJs to the boss of the site. They would be mean to people, I would say something and they would then attack me! I would say "That's bullshit" and they go "you can't do that" but the owner would say fuck. Now they have *megablok* to cover so that's good. :lol:

But I loved how Kingdoms 2011 is pinned when I still don't think they ever pinned City 2011, which we have seen pics of.

I think we should start a site called kickassbricks.com. Only 21 and up, and if we don't like you, out you go! :lol:

Anyways...

Does anyone here own a lot of the Atlantis sets? I love underwater themes, and next year the temple looks amazing, but I can't just get into the theme this year. I was going to buy the $25 pod-racer sub, but I looked at pictures and it was some crazy gun looking thing with some red added on. Lego does a good job only showing a set from the good angle. The minifigures are awesome, but what are some views of the sets from people who have built them?

Also Cars 2 trailer was released....
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Cars-2-Trailer-Meet-Michael-Caine-As-Finn-MacMissile-21764.html

This is somewhat LEGO related because Cars 2 will be getting what seems to be LEGO System style theme next year and not just Duplo. So those cars will be sets in several months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlantis is pretty hit and miss ... in general I think it's a better theme than Power Miners but the designs on alot of the Atlantis vehicles are really lacking and seem to be created in a way that makes them look bigger than they are but also doesn't give them much heft or actual substance, if that makes sense.

I think the best set is the new temple and before that would probably be the Shark portal thing that was released earlier this year. I guess the good news is that Atlantis appears to be one of the rare themes that is getting better with each generation of release, but I would say it's a better time to get into Atlantis now with the greco-roman inspired pillars and temple type stuff than going back into the earlier sets and buying anything there. Just my 2 cents

[quote name='etcrane']Atlantis is pretty hit and miss ... in general I think it's a better theme than Power Miners but the designs on alot of the Atlantis vehicles are really lacking and seem to be created in a way that makes them look bigger than they are but also doesn't give them much heft or actual substance, if that makes sense.

I think the best set is the new temple and before that would probably be the Shark portal thing that was released earlier this year. I guess the good news is that Atlantis appears to be one of the rare themes that is getting better with each generation of release, but I would say it's a better time to get into Atlantis now with the greco-roman inspired pillars and temple type stuff than going back into the earlier sets and buying anything there. Just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

Problem with Atlantis is it's all vehicles and no base.

Gateway of the Squid was a "base" but tiny when compared to say 4 different subs and a super sub.

They needed a lego water baseplate with rocks and treasure and something more than a sub. I thought they could have easily done a mantis outpost or a shark cave for $40.

I'm interested in the new atlantis but enjoy the old one for the nice creatures, and the awesome minifigs.

Target Sale! starts 11/21
Creator Red car or Kingdoms Outpost for only $17.

PLUS a $5 coupon in the Sunday's Target Ad for any Lego Set > $14.99.

So that makes these two sets only $12. About 35% off.

Adscan in spoiler from SD

Pharaoh's Quest sets are out at the local LEGO store. Nice sets in general, kind of a mixed bag with some of the smaller sets being so-so but the Pyramid looks cool for $100.

On another note, looks like there isn't going to be anything great on Black Friday for me personally. I was reading an older review of the Troll Fortress and it just doesn't seem to have much to it, as it actually turns out to look smaller than it does on the front of the box. Oh well, just have to save for some of the cooler 2011 sets.

TRU Settlement for returns from TRU.com. Read the gist in the spoiler. go get your $5 GC! ( I was acutally affected by this and it was a pain to get it corrected after returning something that didn't have a slip from an online order. I had to eat $10 because they wouldn't/couldn't do the return right).

111310_Em_RUs_KedemSettlement_Group2_XS3_01.jpg

111310_Em_RUs_KedemSettlement_Group2_XS3_02.jpg

111310_Em_RUs_KedemSettlement_Group2_XS3_03.jpg

111310_Em_RUs_KedemSettlement_Group2_XS3_04.jpg

Claim: http://link.toysrus.com/r/KK573F/8JIGB/XA7UQ6/JW46EO/1FWNW/JQ/h?a=168456464&b=1230220&c=168280532

[quote name='etcrane']
On another note, looks like there isn't going to be anything great on Black Friday for me personally.[/QUOTE]

Not interested in the 405 piece blue bucket for $15 at Walmart? :roll:

[quote name='180husher']Not interested in the 405 piece blue bucket for $15 at Walmart? :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah I saw that to, what's that like 50% off.. not too shabby. I think I'll try to pick up one.

I have all the atlantis sets except for Portal to Atlantis & Undersea Explorer. I've only built the smaller sets, Deep Sea Striker, Typhoon Turbo Sub & Guardian of the Deep. I think there pretty neat, they just lack color though, red & neon green:cold:. I think the newer sets offer a bigger variety than what they have right now which I can't wait for. =)

[quote name='voidedx']If that collection is worth $20K, then I must be sitting on about $50K.[/QUOTE]
Seeing is believing.

ON A SIDE NOTE. I checked out the LEGO store and I couldn't resist some of the PQ sets. And I had to pick up a couple of City Police 7286 - Prisoner Transport. I need orange dirt bikes and the backpack minifig accessory is pretty cool.

I like the new Atlantis sets, but I doubt I'll ever actually buy a set.

[quote name='180husher']Not interested in the 405 piece blue bucket for $15 at Walmart? :roll:[/QUOTE]

But that would mean having to go into Walmart on Black Friday ... and a man has to have some standards doesn't he? ;)

I may have to check that out ... not sure if the basic color scheme goes with anything I'd be trying to build though ... too bad they don't have a set full of bley, black, tan, etc ;)

Front page of toysnbricks shows a picture confirming that Series 3 Minifigures have landed in the States! Fred Meyer in Seattle, WA has them.

I just need a few of certain figs... just a few...

[quote name='JAYMATIK']Front page of toysnbricks shows a picture confirming that Series 3 Minifigures have landed in the States! Fred Meyer in Seattle, WA has them.

I just need a few of certain figs... just a few...[/QUOTE]

They have no barcodes so good luck feeling up the bags. :lol:

My problem with Atlantis is that none of the subs really stand out as a great sub. Even next year most of the sets are brick built animals. The best sub is in the temple, which I want anyways. I'm glad to hear that the sets aren't as nice / full as they seem on the boxes. So thanks for the confirmation everyone. I'll probably pic up the $15 and under sets just for the minifigures, more so because they seem to be on sale a lot at Target.

That's really shocking. It doesn't appear as though the figs have changed at all from the first images we've seen, which is a little disappointing. I'm just not feeling this wave like the previous 2, but I'll still be buying a bunch. Even more surprising is that TRU didn't get them first, and that there first appearance was here and not Europe.

Brickpop also posted a supposed list of series 4.

"Here are the 16 minifigures included: The Monster, Surfing Girl, Sailor, Kimono Girl, Punk, Viking, Speed Skater, Hockey Player, Skateboarder, Man in Safety Suit, Musketeer, Werewolf, Artist, Mad Professor, Football Player and Garden Gnome."

Seems iffy, especially since we already had a skateboarder, though that could have been just a mistranslation.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They have no barcodes so good luck feeling up the bags. :lol:
[/QUOTE]
No shit Sherlock...

[quote name='elsnerma']
Brickpop also posted a supposed list of series 4.

"Here are the 16 minifigures included: The Monster, Surfing Girl, Sailor, Kimono Girl, Punk, Viking, Speed Skater, Hockey Player, Skateboarder, Man in Safety Suit, Musketeer, Werewolf, Artist, Mad Professor, Football Player and Garden Gnome."

Seems iffy, especially since we already had a skateboarder, though that could have been just a mistranslation.[/QUOTE]

The thing with the minifigures is that the are going to repeat themselves, I'm sure we will get another cheerleader sometime, because there will be more than one team to cheer for. So just a list of random minifigures means nothing in the long run.

I have a feeling it is real, nothing seems to out of place, besides the fake there are not as many alien / monsters as in the past. I hope it's true, I'd love to see a garden gnome. :lol:

And has anyone seen the price per piece next year?! Ouch!

The $20 PQ set only has 125 pieces! Is there a Star Wars minifigure in the set I'm not aware of?!

I predict that Series 3 and beyond will me MUCH easier to track down than the first two. LEGO would be crazy not to produce 10x the print run after seeing how well the first two Series sold. My prediction from LEGO, an official bump to $2.99 and blanket saturation. Now someone in the community just needs to find an easy work-around to the barcodes.

I hope that Series 4 "Safety Suit" fig is a HAZMAT guy.

meijer online has lots of sets on sale + free shipping if you spend $50 (code NOVFREE):

7595 TS army men on patrol - $8.79

HP quidditch match - $15.99

hoth wampa set - $31.99

clone turbo tank - $95.99

palpatine's shuttle - $47.99

lots of other sets on sale - atlantis, toy story, knights, police, etc.

That's pretty good, they have portal to atlantis for $80, I also don't get charged tax from meijer so the deal is even better.

EDIT: They also automatically put into my cart for FREE a Lego Tote and playmate.

[quote name='cassidyarch']
I hope that Series 4 "Safety Suit" fig is a HAZMAT guy.[/QUOTE]

I'm personally hoping for more of a "Bomb Disposal" suit, but I have a feeling your guess is more likely...whatever it is, it'll probably use the "SP3" helmet again in a new color rather than a new type of helmet.

[quote name='180husher']Those guys bought 11 cases of the new minifigs between the three of them...WTF?[/QUOTE]

They claimed they bought them for themselves but someone on one of the message boards found tons of auctions on Ebay for series 3 minifigs.

[quote name='180husher']Those guys bought 11 cases of the new minifigs between the three of them...WTF?[/QUOTE]

What... 11 cases isn't normal (looks like 12 boxes)? I always buy 11 cases and keep them all to myself, never going to sell any of them.

Even 3 boxes per person is too much. This is why I'm for a limit of say 32.

So I think I've gone a bit overboard these past couple of years :lol:

You own 240 sets (228 different).

We have piece counts for 220 of them. Using that data we have calculated that you own 66125 pieces!

We have retail prices for 195 of them. Using that data we have calculated that their total retail value is US$6299.

You own 610 minifigs.

[quote name='encendido5']So I think I've gone a bit overboard these past couple of years :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well you need to build a collection from something, I spent insane amounts around 2003-2004. It's money well spent. ;)

[quote name='skiizim']That's pretty good, they have portal to atlantis for $80, I also don't get charged tax from meijer so the deal is even better.

EDIT: They also automatically put into my cart for FREE a Lego Tote and playmate.[/QUOTE]

TRU is giving away a play mat too over $50, they also have Atlantis on sale and the big base for $80.

They had the 2011 log cabin for $30 and some other Creator set that comes with a few pieces and a minifure, 5939 I think was the number, it has a thick new baseplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back