Limited release Fire Emblem for Switch

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
So, Nintendo is doing it again. This will only sell for a while and then no more. It is the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition. Currently only Gamestop has it, but other retailers may get it, too. Once stock is out it is out for good. Doesn't look like they made a lot of these compared to Mario.

The games are digital only, but this box includes codes for them. From website:

This includes a replica NESTM Game Pak art piece, a replica game box with a localized version of the original Famicom instruction manual, protective sleeve and world map, a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible, hardbound 222 page Legacy of Archanea deluxe art book, and game download code.

I wasn't able to snag one. Please post here if you manage to find someone selling it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendo+Everything&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=qd9XcyEa3J0-KgblvzXVFmGIea8StHp8Ww

3c98200a7705f6ab4b2f28813e3cf5c7-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon will most likely ship in bubble mailer so if receiving a undented box is important, you need to consider that before canceling anything.
i think my best bet is to order at amazon as well in case my best buy pickup order gets canceled

Just got one on Amazon let’s gooooooo

Wish I could’ve snagged one on Best Buy since I still have GCU though

Edit: well I checked Best Buy again and somehow I was able to get one for a local pickup on the 12th. Don’t wanna cancel my Amazon order just in case but also don’t want 2 copies lol
you can just return the extra copy if best buy manages to come through

Amazon will most likely ship in bubble mailer so if receiving a undented box is important, you need to consider that before canceling anything.
That is an excellent point. All my CE/LE in the last 2-3 years have been from Best Buy. Amazon can't even get me every day items without the packaging being destroyed. I'll hold on to my WM order until I see the condition and then either cancel, return to store, or help someone who missed out and hope they don't turn around and sell for a profit.

Looks to be completely sold out now. Nintendo removed it from their store so I'm assuming this won't be reprinted.

Bestbuy has already shipped my order from this morning.

GameStop called yesterday saying my order was delayed. They called just now and they overnight’d my order so it is ready for pickup now. Excellent news.

Wanted this one badly, spent all day yesterday refreshing Best Buy, but lost out by 3 minutes.
Now I've missed Amazon too.

Such a cool edition, such a cold feeling in my heart.

Wanted this one badly, spent all day yesterday refreshing Best Buy, but lost out by 3 minutes.
Now I've missed Amazon too.
Such a cool edition, such a cold feeling in my heart.
Same here, but I didn’t give up. Amazon still has a few of these pop in and out of stock intermittently. I managed to place an order for 1 about 20 mins ago for delivery Dec. 10th.

Shipments to Gamestop are happening - one store I reserved in arrived today, other one saw it in the system "in-transit" with a few extra copies in tow.  :razz:

So my Best Buy couldn't fulfill my preorder from October but had it available for in-store pickup repeatedly during the day? How does that happen?

I don't know what the general consensus is but I think this thing is awesome. The glass cartridge is beautiful. As is the packaging. Obviously more physical goodies would be preferable but for what was advertised, I think it's beautiful.

They didn't get mine in until 6pm and when they called they said I had until close of business Saturday to pick it up so more like 24 hours.
Dammit!! I have to work today and I can't get to a store. I haven't been able to contact the store either yesterday and I had an old phone number on file so they wouldn't reach me either.

The one time I actually care about picking up a pre-order too!!

Picked mine up, unfortunately they put the GS circle stickers on it so be careful removing them as the surface is a very thin lamination and looks like it can tear easily when removing the goo  :joystick:

Other than that, I'm not even a dedicated Fire Emblem fan, but appreciate the glass cartridge look on my NES shelf  :razz:

Nintendo could ride out releases like these for well over a decade.  Would have liked something like this for the mario collection

Anyone know why I wasn't able to apply my 5 dollar coupon to my order? I clicked apply to cart but it said it wouldn't work

Nintendo could ride out releases like these for well over a decade. Would have liked something like this for the mario collection
Said something similar in another thread but there's prob much more money to be made by lazily putting 3 games on one cart for $60 vs actually making something that looks like some TLC was put into it.

Said something similar in another thread but there's prob much more money to be made by lazily putting 3 games on one cart for $60 vs actually making something that looks like some TLC was put into it.
This was truly for the fans. I wish they'd put it on a real cart but that would cost them $10 more.

Nintendo could ride out releases like these for well over a decade. Would have liked something like this for the mario collection
The thing is they easily can and likely will. Depending on the way you look at it, there are 5 or 6 FE games that have yet to be released in North America and this is likely just the first of many to be released in this way. The later success of the franchise in the West allows them to print money basically with nothing more than a translation for localization.

This was truly for the fans. I wish they'd put it on a real cart but that would cost them $10 more.
Seriously. If they opted to honor their own damn hardware I would have smashed a preorder button the second it was announced instead of waivering back and forth on launch day......

I got one of these in store today. It was nice that I could see the box condition before I bought it, and not have to stress about it arriving crushed.

I ordered on Amazon and don't have Prime shipping and it was just shipped for delivery on Thursady. Hope it's ok when it gets here.

Picked mine up locally from Best Buy (only one left), and it's a nice set. I'm never going to open it (have all of the Fire Emblem Collector's or Limited Editions sealed starting with Awakening). Wouldn't pay more than the $50 pricetag though. This is just for "fans".

I've got 2 on hold at my local GS, only one who pre ordered any. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, but man this is a let down with no cart.
Not sure if I should bother getting them as I hate digital games

My gamestop.com order has been sitting in processing since Friday? It charged me and said I had an Estimated Delivery on the 7th, but its still sitting in "preparing for shipment"

Is that normal? Or should I grab a copy whenever it pops up somewhere else

I've got 2 on hold at my local GS, only one who pre ordered any. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan, but man this is a let down with no cart.
Not sure if I should bother getting them as I hate digital games
I you decide to pass, I'd appreciate the chance to buy one of them from you. I keep missing them when they go up.

bread's done
Back