Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Concerning firewatch, are there any secrets to explore for or whatnot?
I got mine but haven't played it yet, I'm finishing doom first.
The only secret I know of is if you play the game past midnight with a couple of beers in your belly and low expectations you'll get an ending that isn't such a let down.

I will say I was very impressed with receiving my Lone Survivor order already on Saturday, and in a box to boot!  Probably just a coincidence but my PS4 Lone Survivor in the box was NOT a floater, so hopefully that streak continues with future box orders.

Also the LRG shipping box is so nice that I didn't want to recycle it just yet.  Definitely keeping it for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I read early on that Skull Girls was shipping in a box. And if that is true, I will assume the same for Silver Case. Sending something like this in a bubble mailer is beyond bad, and I think LRG should know that as well as anyone else.
Um...

Silver Case will definitely ship in a box. Skullgirls will follow the same rules for box shipment as any other release at the moment.
So Skullgirls ships in a bubble mailer... unless the order includes multiple copies in which one of them is a PS4 copy then the box applies.

Cool! Limited Run Boxes, i am excited to get my games in these things.
Wait till you get a bunch of them... will you collect them all?

ok so how many of you are going to leave the limited box sealed lol.

its is almost temping. I know its a dumb thing but I am finding it hard to cut the tape on the box :)

maybe they can start offering the box ship in a box for the collectors. ha ha

its is almost temping. I know its a dumb thing but I am finding it hard to cut the tape on the box :)

The shipping box market is gonna be huge.

Seriously? I mean, it's nice, but it's not really some kind of collectible outer box. I guess I'm just accustomed to getting the monthly Indiebox in their custom green boxes (which I do keep, although up until recently they attached the steam code sticker to the inside of the shipping box), so it didn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Got my copy of Lone Survivor on Saturday.  Shipped in a mailer, no issues. I'm looking forward to the releases at the end of the month.

I'm kinda worried about my package being stolen now because of the "Limited Run" on the box and the postal workers thinking it might be something rare.

I'm kinda worried about my package being stolen now because of the "Limited Run" on the box and the postal workers thinking it might be something rare.
You got nothing to worry because no postal worker will steal a package to risk going to jail and losing their job.

You got nothing to worry because no postal worker will steal a package to risk going to jail and losing their job.
What makes you so sure? Everyone who has ever stolen anything in this country takes that risk. You're assuming that somehow postal workers are more moral than every every other person? Or they are a race of humans that will consider consequences to a higher degree than the rest of humanity?

A Google search of "postal worker stealing" returned quite a number of news stories dated very recently says otherwise.

My grandfather and my uncke were postal inspectors (main job they had was to catch postal employees stealing)... the stories i heard, just as bad as ny other job but instead of local police the fed. government gets involved and they dont treat you nicely when you do

What makes you so sure? Everyone who has ever stolen anything in this country takes that risk. You're assuming that somehow postal workers are more moral than every every other person? Or they are a race of humans that will consider consequences to a higher degree than the rest of humanity?

A Google search of "postal worker stealing" returned quite a number of news stories dated very recently says otherwise.
No, it is because they would understand the seriousness of mail theft. They are well paid with good benefit that are not worth the risk. There are some isolated incident US isn't some third world country where your package would be missing half the time.

I love this thread. People bitch about bubble mailers, then bitch about getting 1 checklist and 1 sticker and now bitch that the box has Limited Run Games printed on it. Can't wait to hear the next bitching rant!

I love this thread. People bitch about bubble mailers, then bitch about getting 1 checklist and 1 sticker and now bitch that the box has Limited Run Games printed on it. Can't wait to hear the next bitching rant!
My bitching rant is when they ship the games, card, and sticker in a box, the card didnt come in mint condition. corners are damaged. lol

No, it is because they would understand the seriousness of mail theft. They are well paid with good benefit that are not worth the risk. There are some isolated incident US isn't some third world country where your package would be missing half the time.
I admit the chances of constant theft are not likely, but theft can happen anywhere and at any time, by anyone no matter there financial standing. I've know drug addicts who stole to support habits, and I've seen millionaires who steal to support a "material" habit.

Having a good job with benefits often means you get in trouble living above your means more often than not, and is in no way some form of protection against doing wrong.

We have 20,000+ of these boxes so they won't change any time soon. For reference, we went to E3 and no one knew who we were - it's very unlikely the postal workers have any inclination. We've been sealing the boxes with wafer tabs and I guess the adhesive isn't up to par or we need bigger stickers. We're looking into it!

Send this guy rocks! He won't know the difference.

Best thread on CAG. Always get a chuckle out of it!

Hey my copy of Fire Watch wasn't sealed with a y-fold! Omfg raaagggeee

My LRG package seal was broken, luckily nothing was missing. Hopefully they'll put a stronger tape or something on the flap. Boxes are definitely sweet though.

I was also a little concerned because the seal on mine was broken (and actually looked sliced) but everything was inside the shipping box so it was all good.

I'm beginning to think USPS opened a bunch of our boxes for inspection. There's no way the seals should look sliced or cut open but that seems to be getting reported a lot.

Anytime I ever get a package with one piece of tape holding a box closed, I would say more than 50% of the time, the tape is broken, or snapped in some way, shape or form. Packages are not treated nicely from point A to B, and the only packages USPS opens are "media mail" packages, as they are allowed to do so to confirm the contents are in fact "media" related(and they state as much in their shipping guidelines).

Having seen the pictures of the boxes presented here, there appears to be 3 seams, two along the sides, and the seam where the box is closed. To put one small piece of tape at the closure means that any and all pressure put on the box is going to cause it to break. It's not a question of if it will be smashed, but from which side it will happen from.

The closure is a link in a chain, and when that box is sitting at the bottom of 100 other boxes(hundreds of pounds of weight), the pressure will cause that tape to snap most of the time, as the chain is only as strong as the weakest link, and that one piece of tape is rather weak.

I would recommend a piece of tape the length of the sides(at the seams, as well as one length wise at the closing point, taping around the box entirely is best, but more time consuming). Also, be aware of weather conditions, as cold, heat, and humidity can cause a single piece of tape to come undone and get snagged, or just fall off.

I'm sure those wafer tapes are great for a box sitting on a retail shelf somewhere, but they are next to useless in regards to shipping packages that go through hell and back.

I always recommend just doing a complete loop around the box with packing tape it's the best way to ensure it stays closed.

Boxes take a fair beating at the post office. During Christmas we had days where over 1,000+ packages arrived at our small rural post office. Sorting involved them being thrown 2-3+ feet into a 3 foot deep rolling tub along with another 100-200 packages over the course of 30 minutes or so and as long as the box isn't say 20+ lbs it's getting tossed not gently placed in the tub. The packages aren't loaded in any real order so it's a toss up whether your fragile bubble mailer ends up on top of the bin or buried under 30-40 pounds of other packages. Plus that is only the final stop the packages have probably been through 2-3 sorting facilities at that point  :p.

chrislaustin, that an excellent post about shipping stuff and real world results.  Add in too the processed used in sorting stuff can certainly exploit any weakness in packaging. (Fragems posted great feedback on that process while I was typing this)

This is always what I've wanted, no bitching just looking for solutions to issues and giving feedback so as to improve things for everyone.   When I ebayed in the past, I was only shipping maybe 50 or 100 items out per batch, and packaging was a HUGE deal to me.  I never wanted anyone to get a package and find the contents damaged or the packaging inadequate for the job.  I'd go overboard with tape just to add a little weather resistance too.  Every package I sent worked out great and the feedback I got was amazing.  People genuinely appreciate it when you care enough to go above and beyond.  It breeds a lot of loyalty and more importantly repeat business.  Now it's not possible to go that overboard with shipping thousands of packages, but there's room to improve and hopefully the feedback won't be taken personally but as a challenge to just do better.  I think most everyone here wants LRG to actually succeed and have a good rep.

I'm beginning to think USPS opened a bunch of our boxes for inspection. There's no way the seals should look sliced or cut open but that seems to be getting reported a lot.
My box was also unsealed. The sticker was whole and not sticking anything shut. I think it's a problem with the adhesive like you were saying earlier. But generally speaking you'd want to use a lot more tape than that, regardless. The box was wide open for anyone that wanted to look inside. Great job on the branded boxes though.

We have 20,000+ of these boxes so they won't change any time soon. For reference, we went to E3 and no one knew who we were - it's very unlikely the postal workers have any inclination. We've been sealing the boxes with wafer tabs and I guess the adhesive isn't up to par or we need bigger stickers. We're looking into it!
You're pretty notorious here in STL, though you probably already know that due to orders.

bread's done
Back