Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Apossum']You've GOT to check out a trailer/gameplay vid. Seriously looks like the most fun game released
in quite some time :D no hyperbole either![/quote]

I just watched the video and I'm still not sure what this game is about. It looks like there's no real point to it other than messing around. It sure looks pretty though. I'll have to play it before I buy it blindly, I guess. I don't see myself having the time or the desire to create levels and stuff.

[quote name='CheapyD']I doubt they will go more than 4...there just isnt enough room on the screen for 8 and things get pretty crowded with 4.

During demos at E3, they preferred to do them with 3 or less players.[/quote]

Did the camera still zoom out for a super-wide shot when the players got spread out?

[quote name='javeryh']I just watched the video and I'm still not sure what this game is about. It looks like there's no real point to it other than messing around. It sure looks pretty though. I'll have to play it before I buy it blindly, I guess. I don't see myself having the time or the desire to create levels and stuff.[/QUOTE]

You just run to the end of the level, but have to do cooperative tasks and stuff along the way.

How much are we looking at for this game? I haven't seen any price attached to the game....but given the excitement, I don't think anyone particularly cares at the moment.

[quote name='chodax']I would easily pay 60 for this[/quote]

*smacks chodax* j/k :p

Ask for $10 man! I doubt it, but hey, $20 would be ok too

[quote name='zewone']Just because they are on their own console doesn't mean they get any more screen space.

From the looks of the videos, you can't move a long without everyone.

Thus meaning, that all characters have to be on screen.

I'm guessing it sticks with the 4 player max.[/QUOTE]

I understand why this would be true for offline play, but I don't see why they would keep all characters on the screen when you're playing online. Games like Champions of Norrath (4 player hack n slash) require that all 4 players be on the same screen when you're playing offline, but when you go online, each of the four players is not bound by anything. I imagine LBP will be the same.

[quote name='dallow']Damn dpatel, you just stole all my info from the page 7. :(

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3120144&postcount=132[/QUOTE]

I said it better though :)

[quote name='lurknomore']How much are we looking at for this game? I haven't seen any price attached to the game....but given the excitement, I don't think anyone particularly cares at the moment.[/QUOTE]

While I am a CAG at heart, if I feel a game is truly worth it, I'll gladly pay full price. This is one of the few games I think is worth $60 (If they decide to charge that one).

To be honest, this game alone looks to contain the creativity and depth (Game 3.0!) that the next generation of games should promote and utilize. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time.

Question: Wildly innovative software vs. new controls and play mechanics (ie Wii)... which is the better standard for the industry?

-Dr. Ugly

Well I dropped by Gamestop to pick up a game, and they showed me the list of upcoming games for the PS3.

LittleBigPlanet was listed as 2/1/08 release date with a $59.99 MSRP

It was in their binder, so if anyone else has seen the same thing, maybe we can confirm this?

On another note, Rock Band is being released at a cost of $200!!:hot:

It's likely $200 for the whole thing, or perhaps 2-3 instruments.

Guitar
Bass Guitar
Drums
Microphone

So let's see, how much are extra guitar hero guitars? Add on drums, should cost a similar amount, and a microphone, then the price of the game itself and $200 sounds about right.

[quote name='Vanigan']It's likely $200 for the whole thing, or perhaps 2-3 instruments.

Guitar
Bass Guitar
Drums
Microphone

So let's see, how much are extra guitar hero guitars? Add on drums, should cost a similar amount, and a microphone, then the price of the game itself and $200 sounds about right.[/quote]

Yea, I know what it includes, I just didn't bother saying what since this isn't the thread for it :p

I don't know. I THOUGHT I read that LBP was going to be PSN to start with early next year. Then later in the year they were going to do a Blu-ray version which included dev created content along with some of the top rated user stuff. Wish someone would clear that up.

Nope, no PSN version at all unless they drastically changed their minds.

They'll want to pack the bluray disc with as much content as they can put out. However, what you might have confused as a PSN release info was probably the devs stating that they'll have lots of downloadable content.

I know what NamPaehc is talking about. This is what they originally said when it was revealed at GDC, since then, they have said numerous conflicting statements. For now, it seems like this year we will get a beta, next year will be the full release.

Originally, the full release meant that it would be a PSN downloadable game first, then, after a few months, they would release on Blu-ray (which would include some of their favorite user created levels that were made by people who downloaded the PSN version).

[quote name='Vanigan']Nope, no PSN version at all unless they drastically changed their minds.

They'll want to pack the bluray disc with as much content as they can put out. However, what you might have confused as a PSN release info was probably the devs stating that they'll have lots of downloadable content.[/quote]

No. The Devs have stated many times the the game will be released on PSN and Blu-ray.

I heard they were going to half release it on PSN and you would have to buy a disc-based copy in order to have the other half and thus have a full game, then activate it through PSN ;)

:whistle2:\"

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I heard they were going to half release it on PSN and you would have to buy a disc-based copy in order to have the other half and thus have a full game, then activate it through PSN ;)

:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

that's the regular edition of the game. Sony will be releasing an external 20gb HDD with some levels and add ons exclusively to work on the special edition.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's the regular edition of the game. Sony will be releasing an external 20gb HDD with some levels and add ons exclusively to work on the special edition.[/quote]
Of course, of course...as well as a special controller.

The controller is a replica of one of those player dolls. You can pin specially tagged charms on the doll and the Eye camera will read it and display it on your character.

At the same time you can move the doll's arms to individually move them in game.

[quote name='dpatel']I know what NamPaehc is talking about. This is what they originally said when it was revealed at GDC, since then, they have said numerous conflicting statements. For now, it seems like this year we will get a beta, next year will be the full release.

Originally, the full release meant that it would be a PSN downloadable game first, then, after a few months, they would release on Blu-ray (which would include some of their favorite user created levels that were made by people who downloaded the PSN version).[/quote]
http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/381

A fully-featured bee-tah version of LittleBigPlanet is expected on the PLAYSTATION Network this fall, with a full version expected to be made available in early 2008.
This is still the plan as far as I've heard.

[quote name='Vanigan']The controller is a replica of one of those player dolls. You can pin specially tagged charms on the doll and the Eye camera will read it and display it on your character.

At the same time you can move the doll's arms to individually move them in game.[/QUOTE]

but you have to buy Limb Moving Expansion packs to activate the limbs. Not everyone wants to move every limb-- some people are into arms, others into legs, so there will be one pack for each limb at $5 a piece.

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of beta or something going to be released in 2007? Any one have any updates on this game?

I want this game bad. My only concern is that it will be more of a toy than a game in the sense that it doesn't seem like there's much challenge to it. But I guess that's up to us level designers. I do hope they add enemies.

[quote name='Apossum']I also wanted Heavenly Sword and Lair.

I want to be all for the game, but I'm waiting for previews and impressions of the final build.[/quote]As cliched as it sounds, LittleBigPlanet will only be as good as your imagination allows it to be. Although one of the concerns I have is how many pre-made levels will ship in the game?

Yeah, I want a PS3.

Shit, I didn't know it was gonna be at CES, I went today and looked in the sony section buy didn't see it, I will look harder tomorrow

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']As cliched as it sounds, LittleBigPlanet will only be as good as your imagination allows it to be. Although one of the concerns I have is how many pre-made levels will ship in the game?

Yeah, I want a PS3.[/quote]

They mentioned this... Though I can't remember if there was a solid number that the devs were planning to add. But they did say that they will be collecting the best user created content and putting them in the "full game" when that is launched (remember they are going to release it "early" and slowly built it up).

I think I saw it was slipped that they plan on September for the release, in Europe at least.

[quote name='NamPaehc']They mentioned this... Though I can't remember if there was a solid number that the devs were planning to add. But they did say that they will be collecting the best user created content and putting them in the "full game" when that is launched (remember they are going to release it "early" and slowly built it up).

I think I saw it was slipped that they plan on September for the release, in Europe at least.[/quote]Well, if they put out a public beta around March, and let people tinker away on it until June, and take the best user created levels and throw it in the game, it should make it to shelves by September.

I can only imagine how many hours this game will eat up, haha, excited for this game but fall of this year is too far away.

i'm getting a feeling of overhype on this one, hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure it is going to meet expectations because they are sky high at this point.

Hasn't been much released lately... But how about this?

Someone made their own LBP Plushies!

lbp-sackboy-doll-omgcute.jpg

GDC is over now. Most of the Sony stuff was for developers, mainly Sony just showing other devs how to develop on the PS3 and sharing code, techniques, and tools.

So, no LBP info. However, next month is some Sony event, Sony Gamer's Day or something like that. That'll be where new info on 2008 titles will be released.

bread's done
Back