Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Matt Young']There's Marvel Comics DLC? *wets pants*

I just got my PS3 on Monday, and I've been loving Little Big Planet since. It's got this great charm to it, the gameplay is great, and the music is tit-punchingly awesome. I haven't even touched the create modes yet![/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/26/adorable-marvel-superheroes-coming-to-littlebigplanet/ they announced them a while back no release date has been made

well the search for this thread isnt working for me.
can someone tell me how to start a new game?
ive erased the data in the saved game utility and the game utility folders and it hasnt changed anything.

[quote name='KingBroly']Why do you want to start a new game exactly?[/QUOTE]
because my son played through it and i look at the path of levels and think id like to just start over on my own. it doesnt seem like theres a way to do it outside of switching profiles or deleting everything.

So, republished Little Dead Space (the most hearted level now back down to zero... yay...). But, I can't seem to play LBP due to constantly freezing. I've had this problem before and it still occurs. No clue why.

I'm so close to beating LBP, and then I've just run into the most impossible fucking bullshit ever- the level, "The Bunker", by The Collector. It's not hard till I get to the big giant spinning wheel of death from hell (TM). I just cannot get past that part. Only twice did I even get to the second checkpoint within the wheel. I just want to scream.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm so close to beating LBP, and then I've just run into the most impossible fucking bullshit ever- the level, "The Bunker", by The Collector. It's not hard till I get to the big giant spinning wheel of death from hell (TM). I just cannot get past that part. Only twice did I even get to the second checkpoint within the wheel. I just want to scream.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... That part is the reason I don't have a platinum.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm so close to beating LBP, and then I've just run into the most impossible fucking bullshit ever- the level, "The Bunker", by The Collector. It's not hard till I get to the big giant spinning wheel of death from hell (TM). I just cannot get past that part. Only twice did I even get to the second checkpoint within the wheel. I just want to scream.[/QUOTE]

only advice i can give is to replay it alot and don't rush it take your time and jump early to avoid passing a ledge to fall on the electricity

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Try beating the bunker without any deaths. That's the definition of insanity.[/QUOTE]

i know it took me a whole afternoon to ace it, but it was worth it for my first platinum

My trick for the wheel of death is to run on the undersides of each wheel (so basically have Sackboy at around the 12 o'clock position rather than at 6 o'clock), which have no electricity, bypassing all the crazy platform jumping sections. Place Sackboy just a tad to the right of the exit arrow on the last layer while the arrow is upside down and overhead, then as Sackboy falls he will land on the second-to-last platform from the exit, meaning you can get out in just one easy jump.

The ending was a huge letdown. 30 seconds long, barely even worth it. There weren't even any credits. the game as a whole was excellent, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']The ending was a huge letdown. 30 seconds long, barely even worth it. There weren't even any credits. the game as a whole was excellent, though.[/QUOTE]

yeah i finished it with a friend online and we were both like that's it? i was like oh it's the end go make some levels now

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Try beating the bunker without any deaths. That's the definition of insanity.[/QUOTE]

Having to re-do that last part in 8-2 over and over again until you did it without dying is really crazy.

[quote name='ratchet9']Anyone know if the LBP:GOTY version that was bundled with PS3 still comes with Modnation beta voucher?[/QUOTE]

no

Nice work SuperPhillip!

I'm getting the craving to create another level... and I have a few ideas. It would make it more enjoyable if we could do a CAG collaboration project or something. But, I don't know. And if we do a good enough job, I probably could get our levels featured on the Playstation blog and Media Molecules website.

[quote name='ratchet9']Wow. Very cool. May I ask how long something like that takes to create?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was about eight hours or so? I didn't want to count! :lol:

Here's 2-2!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Count']Anyone up to try and get all items?
Need 4 people though. because the 4 person puzzles :\[/QUOTE]

If you still need help my wife and I can jump on and help you. Just let me know. Hope you remember the levels, as I do not. I already have all the goodies. :)

[quote name='SilentStryk09']does anybody have any Kratos codes left over from launch?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't matter. They expired like a year ago.

Question? Slow/Lag

Just got LBP Game of the Year edition. When playing 2x player (not online) I occasionally geta a bit of slow down in the action? Anyone else have this?

I play R&C Future Tools with no slow downs and that has a lot more action on the screen.

120gig Slim

I appreciate any info.

Pirates of the Caribbean Level Pack Trophies

Bronze (9)
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Booty Master:
Collect all of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Prize Bubbles

Beast Slayer:
Destroy the KRAKEN Boss

Ace Port Royal:
Ace Port Royal

Ace Pirate Town:
Ace Pirate Town

Ace The Frigate:
Ace The Frigate

Ace Cursed Bay:
Ace Cursed Bay

Ace The Kraken!!!:
Ace The Kraken!!!

Tributary:
Publish a Level Using WATER

Salty Dog:
Complete 20 Community Levels that use WATER

Silver (2)
The Bends:
Achieve a score of 7000 in the Diving for Treasure Survival Challenge

HMS Interceptor:
Complete the race in Cursed Bay with at least 4000 Points left on the clock

[quote name='Motodisney']Question? Slow/Lag

Just got LBP Game of the Year edition. When playing 2x player (not online) I occasionally geta a bit of slow down in the action? Anyone else have this?

I play R&C Future Tools with no slow downs and that has a lot more action on the screen.

120gig Slim

I appreciate any info.[/QUOTE]

I have the original and I never saw slowdown when playing with my fiance offline. Granted, we didn't run through the stages; we took them slower. The only slowdown I have experience with LBP has been online.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pirates of the Caribbean Level Pack Trophies

Bronze (9)

Beast Slayer:
Destroy the KRAKEN Boss

Ace Port Royal:
Ace Port Royal

Ace Pirate Town:
Ace Pirate Town

Ace The Frigate:
Ace The Frigate

Ace Cursed Bay:
Ace Cursed Bay

Ace The Kraken!!!:
Ace The Kraken!!!

Tributary:

Salty Dog:

Silver (2)
The Bends:

HMS Interceptor:
[/QUOTE]

Nice! Been looking forward to more level packs. Hope water is cool...

[quote name='KingBroly']Pirates of the Caribbean Level Pack Trophies

Bronze (9)

Beast Slayer:
Destroy the KRAKEN Boss

Ace Port Royal:
Ace Port Royal

Ace Pirate Town:
Ace Pirate Town

Ace The Frigate:
Ace The Frigate

Ace Cursed Bay:
Ace Cursed Bay

Ace The Kraken!!!:
Ace The Kraken!!!

Tributary:

Salty Dog:

Silver (2)
The Bends:

HMS Interceptor:
[/QUOTE]
Yay, they finally revealed it. That is what I was hinting at way back at last E3. :D

I signed up for the water beta a while ago and never got in. Did anyone else participate in that? I am waiting until it comes out with the Pirates of the Carribean level/costume whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out directly before Christmas because that's when the MGS pack came out. I remember because I only got to play it for one day before needing to head out of town to visit my parents.

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb/news/article/yo_ho_yo_ho_a_pirates_life_for_me/

Rumours say that the fearsome Davy Jones and his mighty Kraken have come to LittleBigPlanet to wreak havoc and claim some sack folk to serve as Davy’s Crew. Once again, it’s going to fall to Sackboy to locate the only ship on LittleBigPlanet that has any chance of sending him back to the bottom of the sea.

Head deep into the Caribbean to battle The East India Trading Company and Pirates alike, find the legendary ship and take on the Kraken. This new kit features a set of six swashbuckling levels, each containing a treasure trove of stickers, decorations, materials, music objects and brand new trophies.

Head deep into the Caribbean to battle The East India Trading Company and Pirates alike, find the legendary ship and take on the Kraken. This new kit features a set of six swashbuckling levels, each containing a treasure trove of stickers, decorations, materials, music objects and brand new trophies.

But that’s not all! the Pirates of the Caribbean kit adds a brand new gameplay feature: WATER! Both as a playable feature, and giving you the ability to to add water to your own levels using all new switches and objects.

The Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit and matching Costume kit based on Disney’s blockbuster movie series will sail into port on December 22nd, just in time for Christmas!
They need to figure out a way to not tie these up with new tech so they can put more than one of these out a year.

Also:
Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit 8305

Release date: 22/12/2009

Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Kit 8307

Davy Jones Costume 8316

Tia Dalma Costume 8319

Elizabeth Swann Costume 8317

Will Turner Costume 8318

Captain Sack Sparrow Costume 8314

Captain Barbossa Costume 8315

The level kit's $5.99 and the costume bundle's $5.99.

Ugh... just realized why Media Molecule wanted me to make a pirate themed level. To see if I could aid them on the creation of this pack. They gave me a very lenient deadline on it, but I was nervous so I rushed it and put it out in a week. It's a great level (some say one of the best pirate levels out) but I should have really put more time into it and made it very creative and unique. They would have definitely hired me then... instead of the random dude that was nearby the MM offices.

Biggest regret in my life.

*added* You know what though, it wasn't really my fault. I had no idea what they wanted at the time and they really made it sound like I was already hired, but some of the team wanted to see some other stuff I could do. So, I didn't take it that seriously. If I could go back and time - and let me past self know how important that was, I am sure I could have made something worth getting hired over.

[quote name='Aceboogz']I got a ps3 a few months ago and I'm wondering if it's a good time to get the goty edition or just wait until lbp2 comes out?[/QUOTE]

No sequel is announced as of right now. I would definitely grab a copy of any version. Probably GotY if you can find a good price on it.

bread's done
Back