Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

I'm pretty sure there is no set rule on going for it on 4th down other than play like an NFL coach would...which leads to a lot of ambiguity. Maybe there should be set rules on going for it on 4th down.

If you're in the 35-45 yard line area, and whether it's the wind or you have the worst kicker in the world, if it's 4th and short no one is going to get on you for going for it.

*Trade Alert

Cincinnati Bengals send rookie LG Rodney Russell (78 OVR - A potential)
to the
Houston Texans for 27 yr old RB Steve Slaton (80 OVR - B potential)

pending league approval

[quote name='theredworm']
The Patriots send Randy Moss 95 ovr A pot and Pat White 74 ovr B pot to Cincinatti in exchange for Aspha Savage 94 ovr A pot strong safety and a 4th round pick
pending league review[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RamesuThe1']*Trade Alert

Cincinnati Bengals send rookie LG Rodney Russell (78 OVR - A potential)
to the
Houston Texans for 27 yr old RB Steve Slaton (80 OVR - B potential)

pending league approval
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='silentghost227']Trade up for review:

Deon Butler WR (26 yrs old, B pot, 79 ovr) Orlando Scandrick CB of Dallas (26 yrs old, B pot, 77 ovr)[/QUOTE]

These are all being put through now. Let me know if I missed one.

edit: They are all through. I'll add them to the OP later today.

[quote name='Doomtime']AFC West a combined 4-0 after week 1[/QUOTE]

Big shock there. The Broncos and Chiefs play each other this week though so it won't be 8-0.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I think this means that Kayholiday should have to have McNabb throw the ball into the ground five feet short of his receivers all game and replace him with Grossman with two minutes left in the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to give him a contract extension.

*Trade Alert*

Bengals send OLB Shawne Merriman (80 ovr - B potential) and FB Fui Vakapuna (76 ovr - C potential)
to the
Seattle Seahwawks for FB Owen Schmitt (81 ovr - B pot) and a 4th round draft pick

Redy has a great offensive attack he got lucky I had a pick at the end to end the game and they called pass interference and then he scored to take the lead by four wit 38 seconds left then I got lucky I made it downfield in 38 seconds with one timeout and scored from the 23 yard line 4th and 10 with 8 seconds on the clock leaving him 3 seconds... it wasn't. Easy but mogs goin down this week

[quote name='ubernes']If you're in the 35-45 yard line area, and whether it's the wind or you have the worst kicker in the world, if it's 4th and short no one is going to get on you for going for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much every coach in the NFL would go for it on 4th-and-1 from the 35 with 15 mph winds in their face, even if they have the best kicker in the NFL.

I really don't think we should have set rules for it beyond common sense. In our game Zurezo went for it on a 4th-and-1 I believe from around his own 49 once he was down a couple scores (I don't remember what quarter it was) and it didn't give me a moment's hesitation. Later he punted in almost the exact same spot when the situation was different. Aggressive football is fine with me, and these situations are rarely black and white. What's not okay is going for it when there's absolutely no reason to (deep in your own territory in a non-blowout) or just because you can (4th and short in easy FG range in a close game).

[quote name='silentghost227']*Trade Alert*

Bengals send OLB Shawne Merriman (80 ovr - B potential) and FB Fui Vakapuna (76 ovr - C potential)
to the
Seattle Seahwawks for FB Owen Schmitt (81 ovr - B pot) and a 4th round draft pick[/QUOTE]

This is getting hilarious. :D

Ah Merriman, how the Chargers have not at all missed you.

[quote name='theredworm']lol tanebeo that is 2 out of 3 pieces of your backfield[/QUOTE]

i think i have the last one about done we are working on it now

[quote name='sprice8688']Redy has a great offensive attack he got lucky I had a pick at the end to end the game and they called pass interference and then he scored to take the lead by four wit 38 seconds left then I got lucky I made it downfield in 38 seconds with one timeout and scored from the 23 yard line 4th and 10 with 8 seconds on the clock leaving him 3 seconds... it wasn't. Easy but mogs goin down this week[/QUOTE]

Yea It was a good game, but my defense needs some major fixing.

[quote name='theredworm']but do I get extra credit for best trade post of the cag madden season so far?[/QUOTE]

you get credit for calling tom brady a tool

[quote name='Tanabeo']i think i have the last one about done we are working on it now[/QUOTE]

have you found a triple option offense for the kitty cats too?

[quote name='bvharris']I'm very interested to be the first to see this thing in action..[/QUOTE]

just take it easy on them its thier first game back together since jan 08

Bucs are open for business as well. Moving Rudd and FS Jones, SS Piscatelli, need an upgrade at corner or RT.

Matt and I are done, so i think we can advance now, apologies for the delay.
I WILL TRADE ANYTHING ANY DAMN DRAFT PICK OR ANY SERIES OF DRAFT PICKS FOR CB's. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW DESPERATELY I NEED THEM. Aaron Rodgers threw 2 incompletions the entire game. Please help. I'm also willing to give up players except Mathis and MJD, or any of the starting OLINE.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Matt and I are done, so i think we can advance now, apologies for the delay.
I WILL TRADE ANYTHING ANY DAMN DRAFT PICK OR ANY SERIES OF DRAFT PICKS FOR CB's. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW DESPERATELY I NEED THEM. Aaron Rodgers threw 2 incompletions the entire game. Please help. I'm also willing to give up players except Mathis and MJD, or any of the starting OLINE.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you've got two starting caliber players at both left and right tackle. Unless you're playing those extra guys at guard (which is possible I suppose) they'd probably bring a decent return.

If you're just looking for some CB depth I've got a couple guys I'd trade for not much return, though I doubt I'd move Joseph, Cason, or Jammer unless I got a great offer.

[quote name='silentghost227']*Trade Alert*

to the
Seattle Seahwawks for FB Owen Schmitt (81 ovr - B pot) and a 4th round draft pick[/QUOTE]

This looks good to me. Poor Merriman. Maybe he'll find his way to Buffalo before season's end. I can put this through later today.

Lots of new faces in the top 10 of the power rankings I should mention. It is early, but the Falcons (#1), Titans (#7), Seahawks (#6), Bengals (#8), Packers (#9) and Eagles (#10) should definitely be happy with their week 1 starts!

[quote name='ubernes']Lots of new faces in the top 10 of the power rankings I should mention. It is early, but the Falcons (#1), Titans (#7), Seahawks (#6), Bengals (#8), Packers (#9) and Eagles (#10) should definitely be happy with their week 1 starts![/QUOTE]

I was kind of hoping they'd factor in past season performance somehow. For example the reigning champs should probably be #1 until they lose and despite a bad loss, the SB runner-up should not be #32. Probably would be complicated for him to set up though.

All-right, here's a list of everyone on the Jaguars who is tradeable:
(not actually everyone, but some of the most tempting options)

C - Brad Meester 77 OVR (13 Year Pro)
RB - Rashad Jennings 77 OVR (4 Year Pro)
RB - Rashard House 79 OVR, 99 OVR KR, (2 Year Pro)
LG - Justin Smiley 79 OVR (9 Year Pro)
RG - Vince Manuwai 75 OVR (10 Year Pro)
TE - Zach Miller 75 OVR (4 Year Pro)
WR - Troy Williamson 70OVR, 99 OVR KR, (8 Year Pro)
I'm looking for CBs, and Safeties. ALL 7 draft picks are up for grabs as well.

[quote name='bvharris']No Mike Thomas? :D[/QUOTE]
Not a chance Thomas or Sims-Walker are going anywhere. I do like to try and keep teams close to what they are in the real world :p

[quote name='kayholiday']idk who i play week 2 but im free the rest of the day and will be online shortly[/QUOTE]

You play the Saints

I went from a combined 21-2 from both leagues (including the post-season) to 0-3 in the last 3 games (including the Superbowl). Losing is not fun!! I need to get out of this slump before I slip into the black void of hopelessness.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I went from a combined 21-2 from both leagues (including the post-season) to 0-3 in the last 3 games (including the Superbowl). Losing is not fun!! I need to get out of this slump before I slip into the black void of hopelessness.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that advice I gave you wasn't so good after all. :D

Lol I'm not trying to say anything...but BEFORE that advice, my 2 disconnected games with the Falcons were 7-7 and like 20-7 I think (me up)!! Lol just kidding...your advice definitely got Hiller more involved and he looked pretty good out there, my weaknesses that game were mostly on offense and then giving up deep balls (which mostly came when I ran dime formation which took away the safety help...so basically only when I WASN'T following your advice lol). And I don't know how he does it...but gb is really good at reading defense. When I would run blitz plays he'd always audible into a pass and when I played more conservatively to defend against the pass, he'd audible into the run. I don't know how to read that kind of stuff...it didn't look like my players were giving anything away when they were supposed to blitz or whatever.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Matt and I are done, so i think we can advance now, apologies for the delay.
I WILL TRADE ANYTHING ANY DAMN DRAFT PICK OR ANY SERIES OF DRAFT PICKS FOR CB's. THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW DESPERATELY I NEED THEM. Aaron Rodgers threw 2 incompletions the entire game. Please help. I'm also willing to give up players except Mathis and MJD, or any of the starting OLINE.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I only threw one incompletion, which was the crazy behind the back, over the shoulder grab you made to intercept Rodgers. :p Rodgers was 23 for 24. The crazy thing was that I had had 5-touchdown games last season with no picks, but I only completed 50% of my passes on average. To be this accurate for once feels good, especially with my receiving corps weakened due to Donald Driver's retirement.

I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't play better defensively. I made stupid mistakes, but the thing that really annoyed me was the 2 kickoffs that only reached 25% power due to the kick meter disappearing from the screen. No lag in the game otherwise, but that gave him the ball on the 48 each time, and he made the most of his good field position.

But even though I played very well, this game was not indicative of how either team's season will go, necessarily. I started off with a couple wins last season and ended up going 3-13 (with several sim/sub losses) and my games with Azu have always been close. He's a very good player, and I felt badly for him because he got all the bad breaks and misfortune that I so often have incurred (and bitched about) in seasons past, while I seemed to have most everything going right for me. I've also blown 28 point leads, so I didn't want to do the same this time.

Just saying, don't gut the roster just yet, my friend... everyone has their off days. I have more than most, LOL. I'm still probably going to whip up a big ol' trade block to post, because I can't count on these types of performances every week, and I need to make some moves.

I've already heard from ItlnStln about Green Bay/Detroit, so I'm going to see what's up once I return from my appointment.

Green Bay Packers 49, Jacksonville Jaguars 21

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol I'm not trying to say anything...but BEFORE that advice, my 2 disconnected games with the Falcons were 7-7 and like 20-7 I think (me up)!! Lol just kidding...your advice definitely got Hiller more involved and he looked pretty good out there, my weaknesses that game were mostly on offense and then giving up deep balls (which mostly came when I ran dime formation which took away the safety help...so basically only when I WASN'T following your advice lol). And I don't know how he does it...but gb is really good at reading defense. When I would run blitz plays he'd always audible into a pass and when I played more conservatively to defend against the pass, he'd audible into the run. I don't know how to read that kind of stuff...it didn't look like my players were giving anything away when they were supposed to blitz or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Really depends on the play, but Madden almost always telegraphs when a corner blitz is coming, either by turning the player slightly or by the positioning of the safety if they're picking up the man. I use man align (up then right on the d-pad I believe) a lot to disguise what I'm running, since that puts everyone in basic position for whatever the base defense you're running is.

bread's done
Back