Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']Last game being played now. I'm hoping to advance us before I head out to brunch in 30-40 mins.[/QUOTE]

done

[quote name='ubernes']We advanced in case no one noticed![/QUOTE]

Ah, I only checked the XFN site so I actually didn't notice, lol

[quote name='bvharris']Ah, I only checked the XFN site so I actually didn't notice, lol[/QUOTE]

hah, sorry, I was running out the door as I did it. It's now advanced on XFN as well.

Game of the Week:
Packers (Matt Young) vs Vikings (sub bv)

Players of Week 2:
Offense: Munchie Cosh (WAS)
439 yards, 3 tds in a loss

Defense: David Harris (NYJ)
6 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 sack in a win (suck it Berry).

Rookies of Week 2:
Offense: David Grissom (SF)
237 yards rushing, 3 tds in a W

Defense: Vonte Aaron (JAC)
2 tackles, 2 FF in a W

Power Rankings: http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=stats/powerrankings&lid=55

Falcons fall from the top, down 6 spots. Niners are the new #1. Chiefs jump 11 for #2, Packers jump 6 to #3. Chargers, Jets and Steelers all made the Top 10 this week, moving 8, 4 and 11 spots respectively.

Biggest gain: Ravens (+17, #11)
Biggest drop: Bengals (-13, #21)

439 receiving yards, really? And in a loss too. Yeah, I'm bitter about B-Jac not getting POTW.

Haha, I dropped 7 spots in the power rankings...from winning.

[quote name='Doomtime']Tanabeo let me know. Today would be perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

i sent you a message on XBL but anytime today works for me just tell me when you want your free win

Saints owner I should b able to play tomm nite after 10 eastern time and I can play ne week day between 5 and 8....... sometimes can work it so I get an hour lunch break so if u can get back to me and let me know wen ur available id like to get our game in asap

And I disagree for rookie player of the week chiefs rookie qb hargrove had 4 tds like 370 yards and defeated the defending superbowl champs in wat turned into a blowout in kc...... he has my vote for rookie of the week in week 2

[quote name='Tanabeo']i just saw i had the biggest drop in power rankings....what do i win[/QUOTE]

A matchup with Doom.. congrats! :D

Rivers is the highest rated passer through two weeks.. Will he be able to avoid the interception bug against mog, who I think picks off more passes than anyone? We shall see..

Id enjoy watching u beat him actually..... I wanna b able to make fun of him this season for havin a winning record but. Not making the playoffs...

[quote name='bvharris']
Rivers is the highest rated passer through two weeks.. Will he be able to avoid the interception bug against mog, who I think picks off more passes than anyone? We shall see..[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it would make for an interesting article on the Xtreme.net...

[quote name='sprice8688']Id enjoy watching u beat him actually..... I wanna b able to make fun of him this season for havin a winning record but. Not making the playoffs...[/QUOTE]
Hey if making of fun of people on a video game message board makes you happy then by all means go for it.

Raiders win in Cincinatti 52-0. The smartest game I've played since season 1. Hopefully I'm back.

Steelers 27
Ravens 22

It took 5 games but i've finally recognized what keeps Ben Roethlisberger's numbers so ridiculous... we'll see how those swing passes and short crossing routes work out for yall when yall come to Baltimore... and now that i've opened up the passing game, Ray Rice is no longer the focal point of my offense... GG Zurezo.

Remarkably, there were 0 turnovers in this game...

[quote name='kayholiday']does the browns have a new owner or sub??? im ready to play[/QUOTE]

hah, it's your friend. I had to temp boot him because I didn't want to wait any longer for the last game. he has an invite back though.

I know mog personally we grew up together playin madden since madden 98 so best believe he was talkin a lot of shit wen I missed the playoffs so hopefully u whip his ass 2 and he goes 0 and 8 against our devision

Hey guys I'm going to buy a new router tomorrow that will hopefully allow me to open my NAT. To any of you guys that have open NATs, what kind of router do you use? Any help is appreciated.
EDIT: (also it will be in bridge mode, if that makes a difference)

[quote name='gbpackers94']Hey guys I'm going to buy a new router tomorrow that will hopefully allow me to open my NAT. To any of you guys that have open NATs, what kind of router do you use? Any help is appreciated.
EDIT: (also it will be in bridge mode, if that makes a difference)[/QUOTE]

linksys is what i use, its easy to open up the nat and its cheaper than most other ones out thier

[quote name='Deuce20602']
It took 5 games but i've finally recognized what keeps Ben Roethlisberger's numbers so ridiculous... we'll see how those swing passes and short crossing routes work out for yall when yall come to Baltimore...[/QUOTE]

You just figured out his offense now? ;)

[quote name='Deuce20602']Steelers 27
Ravens 22

It took 5 games but i've finally recognized what keeps Ben Roethlisberger's numbers so ridiculous... we'll see how those swing passes and short crossing routes work out for yall when yall come to Baltimore... and now that i've opened up the passing game, Ray Rice is no longer the focal point of my offense... GG Zurezo.

Remarkably, there were 0 turnovers in this game...[/QUOTE]

I HAVE BECOME MORE BALANCED! The stats don't lie.

112 Plays - 52 Pass - 59 Run (4.9 ypc)

[quote name='sprice8688']I know mog personally we grew up together playin madden since madden 98 so best believe he was talkin a lot of shit wen I missed the playoffs so hopefully u whip his ass 2 and he goes 0 and 8 against our devision[/QUOTE]
Lol I'll try. Not easy winning any games in this division.

Bucs/Giants game in the books. Madden gods were definitely working for me tonight. Enrique Woods was breaking tackles like Frank Gore and my defense was everywhere and getting breaks left and right. Final score 38-17.

[quote name='redygo']Bucs/Giants game in the books. Madden gods were definitely working for me tonight. Enrique Woods was breaking tackles like Frank Gore and my defense was everywhere and getting breaks left and right. Final score 38-17.[/QUOTE]

Yep, absolutely nothing went right for me that game. Very frustrating, the final probably doesn't even indicate how bad it was. Your 66 rated HB plays like he's 99.

GG

Yeah I don't get what's going on...I see these rookie running backs with some pretty solid stats so I check their ratings and they're in the high 60's/low 70's. I know Pittsburgh has one, San Francisco, the Texans...I'm inclined to start playing my 51 rated HB and see what kind of havoc he can wreak on defenses lol.

Also, it's stupid how most rookie defenders have a 10 carry rating. I'd hate to have an awesome CB or safety who gets a ton of interceptions just to have them fumble every one of them. I don't know how bad a 10 carry rating is...Brandon Hiller is my only rookie with a 10 carry rating and he's only gotten one interception which I believe he held on to.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Yeah I don't get what's going on...I see these rookie running backs with some pretty solid stats so I check their ratings and they're in the high 60's/low 70's. I know Pittsburgh has one, San Francisco, the Texans...I'm inclined to start playing my 51 rated HB and see what kind of havoc he can wreak on defenses lol.

Also, it's stupid how most rookie defenders have a 10 carry rating. I'd hate to have an awesome CB or safety who gets a ton of interceptions just to have them fumble every one of them. I don't know how bad a 10 carry rating is...Brandon Hiller is my only rookie with a 10 carry rating and he's only gotten one interception which I believe he held on to.[/QUOTE]

EA kind of messed up the game (IMHO) by putting in this type of super rookies, in shockingly high quantities, into each draft class. I was in an O.F. that went 6 seasons in last year's Madden and by the end of it, everyone's offense was basically filled with absurdly fast, nearly unstoppable HBs, wide receivers and tight ends. Playing defense became a nightmare.

Redygo's HB may be 66 OVR, but:

97 SPD
98 AGI

The game puts far too much emphasis on some attributes in determining the OVR rating. Awareness specifically, has absolutely no effect on how a quarterback or running back would play for you. If that HB had a proper AWR, what would his OVR be - 85 to 90 or so? There's no way EA would include so many highly rated rookies if they actually had an accurate idea of the effectiveness of players.

Of course, they don't give a shit at all about online franchise so they don't have a clue about the problems that plague it.

Redygo's rb ran all over me too. I hate that a 66 ovr rb broke a 70 yard td on me. That's the longest td I can remember giving up since the beginning of season two.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Redygo's rb ran all over me too. I hate that a 66 ovr rb broke a 70 yard td on me. That's the longest td I can remember giving up since the beginning of season two.[/QUOTE]

did i break a 99 yard and a 73 yard one on you in the other league?

EDIT: nvm it was azuman

[quote name='BigAT']EA kind of messed up the game (IMHO) by putting in this type of super rookies, in shockingly high quantities, into each draft class. I was in an O.F. that went 6 seasons in last year's Madden and by the end of it, everyone's offense was basically filled with absurdly fast, nearly unstoppable HBs, wide receivers and tight ends. Playing defense became a nightmare.

97 SPD
98 AGI

The game puts far too much emphasis on some attributes in determining the OVR rating. Awareness specifically, has absolutely no effect on how a quarterback or running back would play for you. If that HB had a proper AWR, what would his OVR be - 85 to 90 or so? There's no way EA would include so many highly rated rookies if they actually had an accurate idea of the effectiveness of players.

Of course, they don't give a shit at all about online franchise so they don't have a clue about the problems that plague it.[/QUOTE]

My RB is 96 Speed / 99 Truck and I got him in the 3rd round

[quote name='BigAT']EA kind of messed up the game (IMHO) by putting in this type of super rookies, in shockingly high quantities, into each draft class. I was in an O.F. that went 6 seasons in last year's Madden and by the end of it, everyone's offense was basically filled with absurdly fast, nearly unstoppable HBs, wide receivers and tight ends. Playing defense became a nightmare.

97 SPD
98 AGI

Of course, they don't give a shit at all about online franchise so they don't have a clue about the problems that plague it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, by the 3rd or 4th season of every Madden the league always has an overload of speedy good running backs.

Got creamed by the Dolphins, I really dislike whoever traded away the Jags 2nd best corner, because the CB situation is JAX is an absolute disaster, its nearly impossible to stop passes from being completed.
Either way, maximum kudos to SirAdam who is an absolute stand up player.

gg azu!!!!! crazy game...my defense normally doesn't play that well......EVER. Bad news however, i lost my 97 OVR LT (Jake Long) for 6 weeks. Boo.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Got creamed by the Dolphins, I really dislike whoever traded away the Jags 2nd best corner, because the CB situation is JAX is an absolute disaster, its nearly impossible to stop passes from being completed.
Either way, maximum kudos to SirAdam who is an absolute stand up player.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, he threw for 495 yards against me in the last game of the previous season and I have good corners.

I never heard from saints I told him my availability havnt been home to send him a online message yet anyone know how to contact him

[quote name='augmog']Harris ill be online around 5 and ill be online all day[/QUOTE]

My internet's been out all morning. It finally came back on about 5 minutes ago, but I think it'll be safer to wait for later tonight. Either after the afternoon games or after SNF?

sprice i sent you a pm on here yesterday to schedule. i can play tonight, but I also got a game with grand cru to schedule. will be on prob 8 or 9 eastern

bread's done
Back