Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to put a legitimate deadline on sending in team lists...I'm going to give people until 11:59 PM ET tomorrow (9/2). We're up to 14 of 23 teams...but there are still a couple people that haven't read the PM that I sent out on 8/29. Not sure if that's indicative of anything or not. But I'll probably send out a "24 Hour Warning" PM tonight (the last and only time I'll be doing one of those).

Anybody who doesn't have a list submitted by that time will be subject to just being assigned a team. And again, if you haven't filled out the little "form" to indicate how many seasons you have played in, it will be assumed that you're a new player.

Yeah. This will be my 1st season. Anyone know why I'm having the problems with ultimate team? Is it because I didn't sign everyone in my welcome pack or what?

Outlaw, I honestly don't know what to do. Have you contacted EA on their forums? I have heard of several issues people have had with Ultimate Team this year while reading a little bit to try to pick up some tips. However, I do not recall seeing anyone mention that particular problem.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I haven't been able to play a single ranked match yet. I keep getting the error "The game session is no longer available" or everyone backs out. Anyone else see this issue?

edit: got it. Had to back clear out and load up a different game. Then I switched back to Madden and could find a match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the hell is going on, but I haven't been able to play a single ranked match yet. I keep getting the error "The game session is no longer available" or everyone backs out. Anyone else see this issue?

edit: got it. Had to back clear out and load up a different game. Then I switched back to Madden and could find a match.
I haven't actually played a game of Madden online yet...but the servers do seem to be just as unreliable as they ever have been. To me, there's no noticeable difference from last gen. I don't know if there's supposed to be...but I guess it feels like there should be.

We were told about "the cloud" and all that other nonsense. Yet, it still takes forever to connect, games lag same as always, and connections drop for no reason. I played a lot of EA UFC online...and those servers were terrible, giving you "failed to join match" errors almost 50% of the time.

And the "maybe it's your connection" thing is BS since I pay for 50MB down and 20MB up...and have no problem downloading stuff on Steam at 6MB/s. And the connection test on XB1 shows my NAT to be open. EA and MS are just cheap assholes when it comes to servers. And sadly, that still seems to be true this generation.

All right...I just sent out a "last call" PM to the four remaining people that haven't submitted team lists (or "seasons played" info, for that matter). I've yet to hear from: Deuce20602, Mr Grand Cru, mnuttster, or AtomicFire7. If anybody feels like harassing these guys personally, that's up to you. But 2 PMs, reminders in the thread, and changing the thread title is my limit, lol. :)

Did they even touch owner mode this year? I remember last year it was a huge pain to keep your finances in the black.

I have yet dug much into franchise only played one game. Like every season in addicted into building a great mut team with out using real money.

I haven't actually played a game of Madden online yet...but the servers do seem to be just as unreliable as they ever have been. To me, there's no noticeable difference from last gen. I don't know if there's supposed to be...but I guess it feels like there should be.

We were told about "the cloud" and all that other nonsense. Yet, it still takes forever to connect, games lag same as always, and connections drop for no reason. I played a lot of EA UFC online...and those servers were terrible, giving you "failed to join match" errors almost 50% of the time.

And the "maybe it's your connection" thing is BS since I pay for 50MB down and 20MB up...and have no problem downloading stuff on Steam at 6MB/s. And the connection test on XB1 shows my NAT to be open. EA and MS are just cheap assholes when it comes to servers. And sadly, that still seems to be true this generation.
Once I got in and played the game was really smooth (granted this was one match). I'm not sure what is up with devs choosing not to use the X1 cloud infrastructure, but my guess is that they find it easier to keep the code base the same between consoles. Titanfall and Forza both use the cloud for multiplayer servers and both games were top notch online experiences, it is too bad others don't want to take advantage of it.

Once I got in and played the game was really smooth (granted this was one match). I'm not sure what is up with devs choosing not to use the X1 cloud infrastructure, but my guess is that they find it easier to keep the code base the same between consoles. Titanfall and Forza both use the cloud for multiplayer servers and both games were top notch online experiences, it is too bad others don't want to take advantage of it.
Well, that's good to hear. Hopefully gameplay will stay smooth for the league then.

I have played 2 Ultimate Team games online and no real lag issues. My first game vs. BrownWing, there was the same old delay in the kicking meter as there has been in past years. However, in my first H2H MUT seasons game last night, the kicking meter flowed about the same as it does in single player.

I'll reach out to Mr. Grand Cru outside of the board to remind him.

mnuttster just responded to the PM and said he has to drop. So, we're back down to 22 teams...depending on what happens with these other guys. Like we learned last year with the Fan's League though, no matter what happens, we just keep moving. If people want to play, they can play. If they don't, they don't have to.

I'm encouraged by the amount of new members we have. A lot of first years guys here. People always come and go. But you never know when somebody is going to become a solid, contributing member of the community. It's always nice to see when it does happen. So, I have high hopes for these guys. :)

20ish teams is pretty solid for the first run with a new console!

Now hurry up people. I need to know my team. ALL.THE.SUPERBOWLS.

20ish teams is pretty solid for the first run with a new console!

Now hurry up people. I need to know my team. ALL.THE.SUPERBOWLS.
53978798.jpg

I have yet dug much into franchise only played one game. Like every season in addicted into building a great mut team with out using real money.
Same here timbo! We'll have to play sometime together on MUT. I haven't spent any money, just using the auction block as a way to get easy coins plus grinding out solo challenges.

I hope EA holds back the roster update until all these free agency moves settle down. Don't they usually do it after the week 1 games? I know the Titans alone have signed two receivers and finally signed a legitimate kicker. After pretending that Maikon Bonani or Travis Coons would be a valid option all preseason...they signed Ryan Succop.

As we near the actual team lottery process, I can share some statistics:

19 members submitted team lists

18 teams were not listed as anybody's #1 choice

10 teams will go to an owner uncontested

4 teams will have their owner determined by the weighted lottery

3 members put the same team at #1, the most of any team

And I have something special planned for the team reveal. Hopefully it adds to the excitement of the process. :)

As we near the actual team lottery process, I can share some statistics:

19 members submitted team lists

18 teams were not listed as anybody's #1 choice

10 teams will go to an owner uncontested

4 teams will have their owner determined by the weighted lottery

3 members put the same team at #1, the most of any team

And I have something special planned for the team reveal. Hopefully it adds to the excitement of the process. :)
My pants are getting tighter in anticipation.

Is the reveal tonight? I figured it would be tomorrow.
If I can get everything ready tonight, I'll probably post it. My daughter is asleep, so I can actually relax now. If I wait till tomorrow...there's no telling when I'll be able to get to it. People would most likely be waiting all day.

This will also be dependent on not having to ask anybody for a new team list from remaining teams (if their 1-5 were all taken). But at a glance, it doesn't look like that will be an issue.

Almost done, guys. It will be posted tonight. One VERY interesting tidbit to tide you over.

One division is full of four guys...who competed in groupings of two for two of the teams in that division. Both guys who did not win each lottery had their #2 team choice also in that divison...which was not chosen by any other member...and did not conflict with each other.

So, both of those guys will get to play the guy who "took their team" twice every season.

Had the other person won either of these lotteries, it wouldn't have worked out this way.

Now, this might be getting a little specific and a few people might have ideas. Don't spoil it, lol. Results should be up within 30 minutes. :)

I know it's not a rational expectation to have, but part of me really hopes this reveal involves a video of Nate doing brief impersonations of each league member while "wearing" (via some intentionally crude editing) the hats of each member's designated team. Perhaps the impersonations/reveals could be done in musical form similar to the style of Adam Sandler on SNL.

lol...well, Matt...I guess you're close...in a way...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K7SLjHkL9E&list=UUv3NwMy64M-ETSasnUK1vEQ[/youtube]

Forgive that I left the empty teams in there. I gathered all these images like a week ago, and ultimately, felt it added to the suspense, haha. :)

And a simple list for people who hate fun videos. For anyone wondering why in the hell I do these, I just like to keep my skills sharp and my creative juices flowing. And they're just meant to be fun.

AFC

East

Bills: OPEN

Dolphins: siradam134

Patriots: OPEN

Jets: OPEN

North

Ravens: OPEN

Bengals: Dark Rider

Browns: jza1218

Steelers: OPEN

South

Texans: Tanabeo

Colts; DarkTower80

Jaguars: OPEN
Titans: n8rockerasu

West

Broncos: Outlaw1986

Chiefs: OPEN

Raiders: OPEN

Chargers: OPEN

NFC

East

Cowboys: Tony208

Giants: OPEN

Eagles: Philthy Bird
Redskins: Heidenreich

North

Bears: Panoramic15

Lions: staticz

Packers: Matt Young

Vikings: TimboSliceGB

South

Falcons: jhweathers

Panthers: OPEN

Saints: lvpatriots

Buccaneers: MrWazeleski

West

Cardinals: OPEN

49ers: Msn1983

Seahawks: Methoes

Rams: OPEN

Great video n8, can't believe I stayed up until 3 am for the reveal....but it was worth it... Also.. That Cowboys helmet looks nice....

Great video n8, can't believe I stayed up until 3 am for the reveal....but it was worth it... Also.. That Cowboys helmet looks nice....
Thank you, sir. Yeah, It was kind of weird. Some teams were way easier to find nice high resolution helmet pictures of than others. I figured it would be a pretty common wallpaper, but the NFC North was freakin barren, man, lol. I had to chop those together myself.

So what is the next step?
Waiting on the week 1 rosters, and then I'll set the league up and send everybody invites.

At least people know who their team is now and can start getting some practice in with a mostly right roster.

N8 that video was really awesome! I was holding out to check on my team until the morning, but my daughter had other plans :D No one getting the Patriots is...surprising. I had them on my list at #1 but figured the competition would be high.

Happy to be a part of the only full division (for now) and am ready for that roster update to hit. Good luck everyone.

A message for Panoramic - you may have gotten first in the lottery, but I hope you enjoy second (or third, or fourth) the rest of the way! 

Funny that things shook out that way. Originally I had the Lions ranked #1, so my plan is coming together nicely

dr-evil.jpg

I liked the video. I anxiously waited as the Chargers went past because I figured they were my lock at #3. Happy to see I got my beloved Redskins. I can go 4-12 just like real life!

That was epic video lol looks like NFC north is stacked. Happy to have staticz in my div me and him had some freat battles last year with Seattle vs 49ers.

N8 that video was really awesome! I was holding out to check on my team until the morning, but my daughter had other plans :D No one getting the Patriots is...surprising. I had them on my list at #1 but figured the competition would be high.

Happy to be a part of the only full division (for now) and am ready for that roster update to hit. Good luck everyone.

A message for Panoramic - you may have gotten first in the lottery, but I hope you enjoy second (or third, or fourth) the rest of the way!

Funny that things shook out that way. Originally I had the Lions ranked #1, so my plan is coming together nicely

dr-evil.jpg
One might even call it a...

giphy.gif

"simple plan".

But seriously, haha, thanks. And yeah, when I listed the way the team lottery would work, I copied what the Official League had, almost verbatim. And I kind of think the part about using strategy and not selecting the most popular teams creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. I mean, in general, it's good advice, and something people should be aware of. But I think specifically calling attention to it scares people off.

In addition to the Pats not being taken, the Seahawks went uncontested, and the 49ers were actually a #2 choice. I mean, maybe it's because not everybody was gunning for the top teams...which is good. But I do think calling attention to it creates like a butterfly effect, haha.

I was surprised to see that no one picked New England. I was pretty sure I'd get the Packers, but didn't expect Timbo to choose Minnesota. Pretty shocked no one selected Carolina. And I definitely didn't see Rob ditching NY for Johnny Football.

Oh, and if anyone was curious about the "riddle" I posted last night, the division was the NFC North. Panoramic15 and staticz both had the Bears as #1. Matt Young and TimboSliceGB both had the Packers as #1. Panoramic15 was also the only one in our weighted lottery who pulled off an upset. He had 5 entries, while staticz had 14.

And if anybody wants to call into question the legitimacy of the results, I used draftpicklottery.com and I recorded the entire process with Shadowplay. So, just let me know if you want to see that video, haha. :)

I was surprised to see that no one picked New England. I was pretty sure I'd get the Packers, but didn't expect Timbo to choose Minnesota. Pretty shocked no one selected Carolina. And I definitely didn't see Rob ditching NY for Johnny Football.
Actually had nothing to do with Johnny Football. I just thought the Browns would be a "fun" rebuild. Plus, you get tired of playing and sucking with the same team all the time, haha.

Speak for yourself! I stuck with my team despite sucking in 3/4 of the collective seasons in which I have participated. :p But the Packers have a lot more to offer than the Giants right now, of course.

Haha, awesome! I'm going through the solo challenges division by division. Tennessee was already next on my list for MUT pre-season solo challenges, so I'll keep a close eye out for this.

dr-evil.jpg
Lol. Glad to have pulled off the upset. I'll try and carry that into the season.

The CPU really still doesn't seem to know when to let a game go. Down 45-3 with about a minute left in the game, Andy Dalton is running a hurry up...until I pick 6'd his stupid ass, lol. Starting to finally get my Madden feet under me. It's really weird with the Titans having a completely new playbook and a mostly new group of players this year. I'm actually learning to run with Shonn Greene. WTF is this? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back