Madden NFL 2009 Collector's Edition [PS3] - $44.98 ($62.98) on Clearance at Target

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Credit Goes to TargetDawg from SD!

Should be nationwide on Monday August 25th

Surprised no one else has posted this, but the collectors edition of Madden 09 for Playstation 3 is on cleareance 50% off for $44.98. It will be in the PS3 lockup case next to the regular edition. If you don't see a sticker on it ask someone to scan it. I doubt this was just at my Target so go check it out tomorrow, Target's open at 8 am nationwide!

Good Luck! ;)

Just had a thought come to me, my cleareance team might have done their workload early, Monday is the normal electronics day, so if you don't see it on cleareance tomorrow check back on Monday, but let us know what you are seeing.

ASIN: B0017I8L9Q

DPCI: 207-24-0130

Check store inventory here:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?ie=UTF8&asin=B0017I8L9Q

Locations:
San Antonio, TX - No
Central, NJ - No
Phoenix, AZ - Yes
Ithaca, NY - Yes
Largo, FL - Yes
Orlando, FL - No
North Hollywood, CA - Yes
San Diego, CA - No
Charleston, SC - Yes
Franklin, WI - No
Sarasota, FL - Yes
Manassas West, VA - No
Gainesville, VA - No
Fairfield, NJ - No
Greenville - NC - No
Whittier, CA - No
Pacoima - CA - Yes
Schaumberg, Chicago - Yes
Falls Church, VA - No
Buffalo, NY - No
North Bergen, NJ - No
Edgewater, NY - No
South Plainfield, NJ - Yes
Champaign, IL - Yes
Commack, NY - No
Central Islip - No
Las Vegas, NV - No
Fenton, MO - No
Louisville, KY - Yes
Mechanisburg, PA - Yes
Pembroke Pines, FL - Yes
Hollywood, FL - No
Davie, FL - Yes
Chula Vista, CA - Yes
Plaza Bonita, CA - No
Appleton, WI - Yes
Chantilly, VA - Yes
Ridgedale, MN - Yes
Burbank, CA - No
Van Nuy North, CA - No
Van Nuy, CA - No
Northridge, CA - No
Glendale, CA - No
Waukesha, WI - Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Picked up the last 2 (one for me, the other for a coworker) at the Corona Cali store for ~$45 each. The cashier was shocked when he saw the clearance sticker. I told him I wanted both copies. He only took one out and started to close the display case, but I had to remind him that I wanted both copies. He looked really disappointed that I took the last 2 copies...he seemed to be an SD lurker after he mentioned that I could make money selling it on ebay. But I told him that I was actually going to play the game and enjoy it![/quote]

Screw that.. bought 5 copies between 2 targets, kept 1 and the other 4 were put on on ebay.. already sold 2 @ $72.50 a pop.. also had a 10% off card from my target credit card so I used that and saved about $25.00 off the top of the final tab also..

Noticed that GameStop has used copies of Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition :)ps3: and :360:) for $69.99 each. If GameStop bought back complete copies (w/ both game discs present), then this week's 25% off coupon w/ Edge would make a good deal for folks who can find these :ps3: copies at their local stores. (And if their local Target is selling copies for $63 instead of $45.) Guess that :360: luvers will need to wait for another 25% off coupon from GameStop to roll up.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=61

None of my local GameStop stores have any used copies but I finally scored a $45 copy at Target.

Kind of odd that GS is actually re-selling these as the CEs. Would think they would rather split them apart and try to sell the disc and manual only copies of Madden for $55 and Head Coach for $45.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Kind of odd that GS is actually re-selling these as the CEs. Would think they would rather split them apart and try to sell the disc and manual only copies of Madden for $55 and Head Coach for $45.[/quote]

They make money both way. GS quoted me $ 32 for CE's and $ 30 for Madden by itself. Extra $2 for the head coach...

I just snagged the last Collector's copy from my local Target on clearance for $44.98 = score!! Great deal. Hey where's CheapyD and his Sunday ad update? Is he on vacation or something?

Of course the hoarders have to step in and make the deal scarce for everyone else. Maybe think about just picking up one extra copy next time instead of emptying the store.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Screw that.. bought 5 copies between 2 targets, kept 1 and the other 4 were put on on ebay.. already sold 2 @ $72.50 a pop.. also had a 10% off card from my target credit card so I used that and saved about $25.00 off the top of the final tab also..[/quote]

you come on here to brag about you taking this deal away from other cag's by hoarding them??? not smart.

Thanks so much for OP! I wasn't going to get this year's version but it's too good of a deal to pass up. Thx again!

[quote name='battleroyal33']Screw that.. bought 5 copies between 2 targets, kept 1 and the other 4 were put on on ebay.. already sold 2 @ $72.50 a pop.. also had a 10% off card from my target credit card so I used that and saved about $25.00 off the top of the final tab also..[/QUOTE]

You're a douchebag and I hope you have that branded on forehead.

[quote name='filanime03']Uhh this was posted on the target clearance thread just take a look at the couple of last pages. But thanks for posting the codes.[/quote]

Why is it that people on this board find the need to say this? Its not like everyone reads the target clearance thread. Do you think you are high and mighty or something? I'll never understand people like you

Got one in Jax, FL for 44.95. Took it back to Gamestop with my receipt from launch day at midnight and got the $90 back that I had spent in store credit.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Screw that.. bought 5 copies between 2 targets, kept 1 and the other 4 were put on on ebay.. already sold 2 @ $72.50 a pop.. also had a 10% off card from my target credit card so I used that and saved about $25.00 off the top of the final tab also..[/QUOTE]

You deserve to be kicked in the balls, than as you start gaining ground again, be bashed in the balls once again by a sledgehammer. You're a disgrace to CAG.

just got one in carson cali if any cag live there they got three left, i really wasnt going to pick up madden but the price was to good to pass up:applause:;)

If anyone live in the New Orleans area, the Target in Metairie has about 10 copies left for $44.98...this is the first deal I've ever gotten on Target clearance games...I'm excited! haha

[quote name='battleroyal33']Screw that.. bought 5 copies between 2 targets, kept 1 and the other 4 were put on on ebay.. already sold 2 @ $72.50 a pop.. also had a 10% off card from my target credit card so I used that and saved about $25.00 off the top of the final tab also..[/quote]

No one cares about your hoarding here, go back to FW or SD.

People like you should be totally put in a dark room and away from deals forever. :bomb:

Kick this chimp out!

You must be really hard up for cash! Sucks to be you! :applause:

Snagged an extra one for my friend, but hes not sure if he wants it now. He'll let me know tomorrow. So PM me if you're interested and if he doesn't bite I'll ship it to someone more deserving!

The target in New Lenox, IL had a few copies marked at $44.95. Grabbed a copy for myself. I was going to wait a bit but this deal was too good to pass. Especially considering how "purty" the demo looked.
Oh and Target also had UT 3 ($20), Skate (PS3)($20), and Eye of Judgement ($34) on clearance in case anyone was interested.

[quote name='Jackalope']I just snagged the last Collector's copy from my local Target on clearance for $44.98 = score!! Great deal. Hey where's CheapyD and his Sunday ad update? Is he on vacation or something?[/quote]

Yes he is on vacation. He's in the northwest US/Canada and then will be doing a seminar at PAX on Sunday.

I picked one up for $44.98 yesterday. I thought for sure they wouldn't have one by the time I was able to get there, but sure enough there was just one more left in the case.

No go at the WDM, IA location by Jordan Creek. I am thinking they were cleaned out though because I didn't see any at all in the entire store.

I might hit up some other Targets throughout the week around here.

nice job asshole want a cookie? now go jump off a cliff

Columbia Heights Target in Washington, DC still has them, but still at $90.... tried scanning them.

Got one at $44.98. I was pumped. The employee was asking how it could be that cheap.

Smithfield, RI has 2 left (at 44.98)

i can confirm that the target in goshen,indiana has one copy left for $44.99 for ps3.i was gonna get it but bought bioshock for $19.98 instead

You're an ass.

I called my local target and the guy told me its still 89.99. I guess i'll have to check the store out my self.
This is in Salem, MA

[quote name='equax']I called my local target and the guy told me its still 89.99. I guess i'll have to check the store out my self.
This is in Salem, MA[/quote]

Yeah they probably told you that as the they stashed away the remaining few copies to buy themselves at 1/2 price... Calling a store about a potential deal is always a risky move.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yeah they probably told you that as the they stashed away the remaining few copies to buy themselves at 1/2 price... Calling a store about a potential deal is always a risky move.[/quote]
Yeah. Few weeks ago I saw 2 copies of RE:UC under some preorder tickets in the locked case. Asked the associate to check the price and it was $35. Then he promptly put them back in the same spot and neatly put the stuff back on top of them as if he was trying to hide them. Probably he was waiting for them to drop to half one...:lol:

[quote name='mva5580']I'm going to say this and run, because I'll probably get blasted for even suggesting it and sounding all "evil" or whatever. But I'm going to say it anyway:

You know, if you REALLY wanted the Xbox 360 version for 44.98, it can be done.

That's all I'm saying. And I'm away.[/quote]

Picked one up at the Pacoima target for aroun 63. Now how do i switch this for the 360 version?????

[quote name='Darwin23']Picked one up at the Pacoima target for aroun 63. Now how do i switch this for the 360 version?????[/QUOTE]

He's talking about returning it without a receipt to a different store that will give you full price for it, and then just using that money to buy the 360 version. Someone already suggested it and the post got deleted, as it's basically fraud.

[quote name='mhnajjar']People like you should be totally put in a dark room and away from deals forever. :bomb:

Kick this chimp out![/quote]

[quote name='maximus101']You're a douchebag and I hope you have that branded on forehead.[/quote]

[quote name='RiCeBo1']You deserve to be kicked in the balls, than as you start gaining ground again, be bashed in the balls once again by a sledgehammer. You're a disgrace to CAG.[/quote]

[quote name='nyyfan']nice job asshole want a cookie? now go jump off a cliff[/quote]

[quote name='thebob101']You're an ass.[/quote]

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']Has anyone even SEEN the 360 version of the LE at Target? All I've seen are PS3 ones since launch day.[/quote]
Target have them in Backstock, but no longer on the shelves, for some reason.

Like I said, I highly think the 360 version will go thru the SAME deal!

bread's done
Back