Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3 January 2011

The six DLC packs (weapons and whatnot) are not on the disc, yes?

(seems like an obvious question, but if we're paying $60 for a game that is $10 on 360, fucking us over in any small way seems petty.)

Price seems fair to me. I've never played the game before so getting a $15 add-on pack free is pretty nice. Plus I get all caught up on the first one. Whammy....?

yeah this is expensive..but i've played about 4 hrs.. so far pretty good.. not superb.. but i'm assuming it gets better? I just got on the Normandy..

i've never played the original

Where is ME2 $10? Seeing that Bioware couldn't bother to include a few of the $2 DLC in this version, I'm doubting that the 360 GOTY edition will get better treatment.

I did not download any of the dlc at first. After that lengthy install I just wanted to get going. Anyway I am about a half hour in now. Fighting my way to Miranda with the black dude.

Saved my game and downloaded all the free dlc.

Do I have to start my game over to get the digital comic? I have heard that the comic doesn't happen right away so I am hoping thAt I won't have to restate my game.

One more question: are all the classes fairly equal? Does playing as an engineer make the game a lot harder?

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I did not download any of the dlc at first. After that lengthy install I just wanted to get going. Anyway I am about a half hour in now. Fighting my way to Miranda with the black dude.

Saved my game and downloaded all the free dlc.

Do I have to start my game over to get the digital comic? I have heard that the comic doesn't happen right away so I am hoping thAt I won't have to restate my game.

One more question: are all the classes fairly equal? Does playing as an engineer make the game a lot harder?

~S[/QUOTE]

I have the same question. I just started w/o the DLC. and played 4 hrs.. can i activate the comic still or just watch it on youtube :p

should i stop playing and do the DLC? cuz that would suck

[quote name='mykevermin']The six DLC packs (weapons and whatnot) are not on the disc, yes?

(seems like an obvious question, but if we're paying $60 for a game that is $10 on 360, fucking us over in any small way seems petty.)[/QUOTE]

You'll paying $60 for a $20 Xbox game that comes with DLC that costs another $24 and all those free weapons pack. While not the same value, it's a fair price... kinda.

It might be cheaper on 360 and PC right now, but it's worth every penny. I was lucky enough to have a $50 coupon from when I bought my parents a Wii for Christmas, so it only cost me $10+tax at Kmart.

Left the game on pause for 20min to go somewhere real quick, unpaused the screen and THIS is what I come home to the Green Screen of Death. LOL!!!!! Thought it was kind of funny. This is on the main deck of the ship.

Game also froze up when switching around the headgear when looking at all the different gear.
2011-01-20104916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where is ME2 $10? Seeing that Bioware couldn't bother to include a few of the $2 DLC in this version, I'm doubting that the 360 GOTY edition will get better treatment.[/QUOTE]

Only times I've seen ME 2 for $10 is @ KMart on Black Friday and that EA Store sale going on today only.

Also Engineer and Adapt are the hardest classes, especially on the higher difficulty levels. Soldier is the easiest, and the other 3 are in the middle.

ME1 and ME2 changes:

-Less customization in ME2, I want to customize my guns and armor!
-Ammo is now in the game (ME1 just had cool downs) But it makes no difference
-One active skill allowed (one class allows for two)

Game is still good. Just to point of information, Zaeed and Kasumi were DLC characters that come with the game. The only paid DLC for the PS3 is if you want to start off with some pretty good guns and armor.

The ammo change makes a difference in certain situations. I played on Insanity as an infiltrator and when I ran out of sniper rifle ammo in some battles, shit got hairy.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Only times I've seen ME 2 for $10 is @ KMart on Black Friday and that EA Store sale going on today only.

Also Engineer and Adapt are the hardest classes, especially on the higher difficulty levels. Soldier is the easiest, and the other 3 are in the middle.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought. If I could get it for $10 or so, I'd consider getting it now and pay up for the DLC, but over $20 means that I might as well wait it out.

I picked it up at K-Mart with LBP2. I played ME2 over a friend's house for like 20 minutes and I remember thinking that it was pretty cool.. I hope I end up liking it.

Question to those of you who did the digital me2 dl. Does the 12gb main file include the main dlcs like Kasumi and Lair of shadow broker? And does the 600mb ceberus network dl just include mainly the comics?

I don't know if my ceberus network is working properly. I dl and installed it. When I start into the game, the second computer on the main menu only says "connected to ea servers" and i cannot do anything with that computer. I'm just wondering if we are supposed to use it to dl dlcs like with the xbox folks.

So glad that PS3 owners get to enjoy this masterpiece. Gratz guys and screw the 360 fanboys. Im a huge xbox fan, but i do believe in everyone getting to play great games. So sick and tired of sifting through the net at people bitching because its on ps3. so sad.

have fun with it guys and gals.

Well, I've already put in 8 hours so I'm enjoying it more than when I played it at launch last year. I think I was burned out on ME since I had just beat the first game and just wanted to get it over with.

I still fucking hate Jack.
I may not do her loyalty mission just so she dies at the end and I won't have to see her again....forfeiting the trophy :(

I really can't wait for lair of the shadowbroker. I never played it on 360. It's hyped up a lot so I'm hoping it lives up to it.

Comic was eh. Good artwork, but I feel like they missed a lot of the story. And you didn't get to see Saren
shoot himself in the head

[quote name='jacobeid']

I may not do her loyalty mission just so she dies at the end and I won't have to see her again....forfeiting the trophy :(
[/QUOTE]

Yous my new best friend. I hated jack when i played ME2 for the first time. Her little EMO ass sitting down in ship cutting herself. Wahhh my life was so screwed. Who fucking cares lol. I even did her loyalty mission and then
at the end i chose her to do something stupid and ended up getting 3 more people killed
WHICH is awesome and shitty at the same time. I made the choice to do that and i had to accept the consequences. one thing this game does is makes you feel for the characters. We both hated jack and she gave us reason to.

Damn making me want to play through this again. lol

[quote name='jacobeid']Well, I've already put in 8 hours so I'm enjoying it more than when I played it at launch last year. I think I was burned out on ME since I had just beat the first game and just wanted to get it over with.

I really can't wait for lair of the shadowbroker. I never played it on 360. It's hyped up a lot so I'm hoping it lives up to it.

Comic was eh. Good artwork, but I feel like they missed a lot of the story. And you didn't get to see Saren
shoot himself in the head
[/QUOTE]

I also hated Jack but I didn't want her to die simply for the achievement when I played on the 360. Unfortunately
she still died although I did her loyalty mission because there is a scene where her and Miranda argue, and I sided with Miranda completely cutting off any chance I had to have Jack survive in the end battle apparently

So I was upset I didn't get the trophy...but not TOO upset;)

Yeah on my mass effect file on 360 (which I am letting go in favor of the PS3 I think), I had full paragon carried over from the first game so
I was able to rectify the fight between Miranda and Jack. Somehow though, Mordin died *facepalm*. He didn't bother me that much.
Since this is the file I will carry over to ME3
I may let her die. My recent bout of trophy whoring though is really making that hard. It's a freaking gold!!!!

I really can't wait to get to LotSB. Liara and Garrus were my favorite members from ME1. From ME2 I really liked
Garrus (obviously) and Thane. Other than that I thought they were pretty forgettable. I really hope Liara joins me again, assuming LotSB is me helping her take down the shadow broker.

This post is spoiler heavy haha.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's what I thought. If I could get it for $10 or so, I'd consider getting it now and pay up for the DLC, but over $20 means that I might as well wait it out.[/QUOTE]

I forgot Walmart.com also had it for $10.96 with free shipping to store for about a week or so in December. But yeah its only been $10-$11 new 3 times, and for very limited time frames.

Regarding the
Jack/Miranda fight after Jack's loyalty mission:

You CAN resolve the issues and keep both loyal. If you're already at 100% paragon or renegade that option will be available when you have to choose a side. If you're not at that time you'll be able to fix it afterwards. Easiest thing to do is pick the retrain and put all 4 points in the option for your specific class training, with the fourth point going to the option that increases paragon/renegade bonus. That bonus is actually a multiplier and it counts all of your choices throughout the whole game so if you've been going 1 way or the other it should be easy to get 100%. My FemShep is 100% paragon and about 35% renegade because I did a TON of the interrupts, which are 90% renegade.

Once you get 100% on either side just go to the one you pissed off on their places on the ship and you'll be able to manipulate them to mend the fence.

In terms of the pay weapon DLC, the only one I suggest getting is the Firepower pack. That gives you the best pistol and shotgun in the game, and the assault rifle that's tied for the best with the Collector Assault Rifle. The Recon pack is essentially the 360/PC CE pack (Collector Armor and rifle) plus some of the dorky goggles that give various bonuses. It's not necessary to get that since you have the rifle from the Firepower pack (and be lucky you get that cheap, that Collector DLC still goes for $20 plus on EBay for the 360/PC versions.)

I would also recommend doing Kasumi's loyalty/intro mission as soon as the game opens up and let's you do other stuff. The mission is just her and Shepard so you don't have to worry about your other members. Also the 1/2 way point gets you the best SMG in the game by far (just make sure you explore the vault.) It also has a cool story about it if you read its entry in the codex.

[quote name='MSUHitman']In terms of the pay weapon DLC, the only one I suggest getting is the Firepower pack. That gives you the best pistol and shotgun in the game, and the assault rifle that's tied for the best with the Collector Assault Rifle. The Recon pack is essentially the 360/PC CE pack (Collector Armor and rifle) plus some of the dorky goggles that give various bonuses. It's not necessary to get that since you have the rifle from the Firepower pack (and be lucky you get that cheap, that Collector DLC still goes for $20 plus on EBay for the 360/PC versions.)

I would also recommend doing Kasumi's loyalty/intro mission as soon as the game opens up and let's you do other stuff. The mission is just her and Shepard so you don't have to worry about your other members. Also the 1/2 way point gets you the best SMG in the game by far (just make sure you explore the vault.) It also has a cool story about it if you read its entry in the codex.[/QUOTE]

Ok i just met Kasumi. I'm about 5 hrs into the game. should I just do her loyaty mission. Do i need to level up more or just go

[quote name='MSUHitman']Regarding the
Jack/Miranda fight after Jack's loyalty mission:

You CAN resolve the issues and keep both loyal. If you're already at 100% paragon or renegade that option will be available when you have to choose a side. If you're not at that time you'll be able to fix it afterwards. Easiest thing to do is pick the retrain and put all 4 points in the option for your specific class training, with the fourth point going to the option that increases paragon/renegade bonus. That bonus is actually a multiplier and it counts all of your choices throughout the whole game so if you've been going 1 way or the other it should be easy to get 100%. My FemShep is 100% paragon and about 35% renegade because I did a TON of the interrupts, which are 90% renegade.

Once you get 100% on either side just go to the one you pissed off on their places on the ship and you'll be able to manipulate them to mend the fence.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know how this happened buy after her loyalty mission they never fought, it was one of the last ones I did, I was going through boths dialouge and they both wanted me to dump the other before we got it on, I ended up dumping Jack. Dunno why the fight never happened, the Tali/Legion tussle did go on though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I forgot Walmart.com also had it for $10.96 with free shipping to store for about a week or so in December. But yeah its only been $10-$11 new 3 times, and for very limited time frames.[/QUOTE]

It was for the entire month of December and the first week of January.. they only recently changed the price to $19.96.

[quote name='billyrox']Ok i just met Kasumi. I'm about 5 hrs into the game. should I just do her loyaty mission. Do i need to level up more or just go[/QUOTE]

Just go. If you're familiar with the game at all you should be fine. There's only 1 small fight for the first half of the mission then it becomes combat heavy in the 2nd half.

Save your heavy weapon ammo for the boss at the end though. I recommend the homing missile launcher as the heavy weapon of choice for the entire game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just go. If you're familiar with the game at all you should be fine. There's only 1 small fight for the first half of the mission then it becomes combat heavy in the 2nd half.

Save your heavy weapon ammo for the boss at the end though. I recommend the homing missile launcher as the heavy weapon of choice for the entire game.[/QUOTE]

dude, thank you for the input. THe m12 Locust is a beast!

Quick question. I'm in line buying the game. I own all weapon packs on the 360. Do I have to pay for the packs agAin or are they included?

I'll pay again if I have to but rather not

I liked jack!!!!! She was my main squeeze!!

I'm not into emo chick at all, but i like getting tied up and stuff and i felt like Jack was the kind of person willing to do it!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Finish everything on Omega, recruit Archangel. Once you have recruited the first few, 4 more are available to recruit.[/QUOTE]

Rarely did I not have "Archangel" in my squad.

I loved his slightly darker tone.

[quote name='Amblix']Rarely did I not have "Archangel" in my squad.

I loved his slightly darker tone.[/QUOTE]

Just got Archangel. Fun mission though Kasumi's was much funner. So is this game mainly just recruiting people?

[quote name='billyrox']So is this game mainly just recruiting people?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Mass Effect 2 or BioWare's RPGs in general? ;)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Are you talking about Mass Effect 2 or BioWare's RPGs in general? ;)[/QUOTE]
lol mass effect 2. I've never palyed many of there games. I do have a copy of Kotor but never finished it.

You basically go around and recruit people for the final mission.

if you don't plan on playing through it multiple times i suggest you go through your journal and complete all the side quest as well and rank up and upgrade you stuff.

if you're playing on normal i suggest you change it to at least veteran because normal imo is too easy and the game basically plays itself.

Just finished the game, here is my conclusion.

Blew up the collectors base, everyone survived, and my female Shepperd got it on with Garrus. Now I just need to finish the side missions and be ready to import my Mass Effect 2 save to Mass Effect 3. I loved this game and can't wait for the sequel.

My only complaints with the game is that Normal mode is too easy, and their are a few noticeable sound glitches. During action cut scenes the sound was not in sync and had a 1-2 second delay. Other than that. Every PS3 owner should buy this game.

[quote name='Brainberry']You basically go around and recruit people for the final mission.

if you don't plan on playing through it multiple times i suggest you go through your journal and complete all the side quest as well and rank up and upgrade you stuff.

if you're playing on normal i suggest you change it to at least veteran because normal imo is too easy and the game basically plays itself.[/QUOTE]

Ok yeah, i'm going to change to Veteran because on normal, Gareth and Kanumi essentially own everyone and i just hid behind a box.

I think its pretty sweet we get the dragon age armor for free.

I remember selling one of those codes on ebay when the 360 game came out for $20.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I think its pretty sweet we get the dragon age armor for free.[/QUOTE]

Well, as part and parcel of the $60 cost of the game. ;)

I signed up on the bioware site a week or so back so I could input the ME2 code for the "Blood Dragon Armor" that came w/ my PS3 copy of Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition. When I input the code, it gave me access to the armor on PC and 360 only.

:lol:

So it makes sense in that context, I guess. They don't need a code to give me something that's already there. But indeed I was confused for a moment.

I put about 5-6 hours into it since I got it last week. I have to say it's just like any BioWare RPG to me. That is, it's a very bimodal experience for me; some days I simply can't get enough of their games, and others I find aspects of the game so tedious I can easily walk away from it.

i put about 8-10 in this weekend alone and I never really planned to put more than 1-2 into it. i'm glad I picked a soldier class to have access to all weapons. such a tease to get a new gun not be able to wield it yourself

bread's done
Back