Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD $19.99 at Circuit City (price mistake) *DEAD*

If anyone has a copy of there reciept/confirmation email can you PM me I missed this deal but would like to see if I could get it over the weekend.

I ordered it on the morning (8:00 am) of May 21, 2007. Still have yet to receive any confirmation that my order is going through. I am in the Pending/pre-order status.

Edit- Does anyone think it would be wise to call CC to check on my order?

[quote name='thebob101']I ordered it on the morning (8:00 am) of May 21, 2007. Still have yet to receive any confirmation that my order is going through. I am in the Pending/pre-order status.

Edit- Does anyone think it would be wise to call CC to check on my order?[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat (same day around the same time) I am giving them until Friday since they are being so nice about the whole thing and then I will call on friday to see where it's at.

Got the same cancellation email. That's odd considering that their email yesterday said that they would honor an order for one set.

I ordered right after the OP posted the deal. I next dayed it and got mine about 11:30 this morning. I also ordered one copy of the OC for my GF on a seperate order but I havent gotten an email or anything about it.

[quote name='BigHow']Got the same cancellation email. That's odd considering that their email yesterday said that they would honor an order for one set.[/quote]

Are you going to call? I am almost thinking I should call now to get this thing rolling.

[quote name='ndshide']Got the initial two emails (order confirmation and the preorder info thingy) and nothing after that. I'm holding out hope though.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm holding onto a slim shred of hope.

Okay, just called CC and the CS rep said that I was still in pre-order limbo and when the item was available to ship from their wharehouse, I would receive an email. I asked her if my order was going to be honored and she said yes, so here's hoping she is right. I told her the item was already available in store and some folk had received their online orders. Again she said that I was a pre-order and it wasn't available.

I choose the cheapest S&H, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with the delay.

[quote name='thebob101']

I choose the cheapest S&H, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with the delay.[/quote]

dont think it is considering i chose the cheapest one and got mine shipped! so..it might of been the time that you ordered it .

Hmm. I ordered Matrix during the midnight hour (Eastern) and The OC in the 4am hour, each using the cheapest shipping and on their own seperate orders. I got the backorder notice for the Matrix one or two days ago, plus the error notice, but now I also received a cancellation notice for The OC. Anyone suppose they might be mistakenly counting two seperate orders for different items "multiple orders?"

whats the latest that someone ordered and has received confirmation. I ordered at 7:30 am on Monday, and I am beginning to fear that was too late (although I don't understand why they would not honor those as well).

mine was also ordered around 7:30 am Monday, no second email or email confirming or cancelling. Hopefully we'll hear soon

[quote name='gregthomas77']whats the latest that someone ordered and has received confirmation. I ordered at 7:30 am on Monday, and I am beginning to fear that was too late (although I don't understand why they would not honor those as well).[/QUOTE]
I ordered when I got to work around 8 to 8:15 and I still paid around $27 with second day shipping, I better not get screwed.

Ordered: Sunday, 10pm & 10:45pm PST.
Backorder email: Monday, 2:22 AM PST
Cancellation emails: Tuesday, 4:41pm

Nothing shipped, 1 matrix canceled, 1 OC and 1 Matrix Waiting...

Email received: on backorder
Called CC and this is what they said: on backorder, and will be canceled if product is not available 30 days after the order date

Oh well...

[quote name='cag1125']Email received: on backorder
Called CC and this is what they said: on backorder, and will be canceled if product is not available 30 days after the order date

Oh well...[/quote]CC rep didn't know what he was talking about, it's 60 days not 30, according to the website.
Does my backorder ever expire?
Yes. If the item you ordered is not in stock within 60 days, we are required by law to cancel your order.
But they could just hold orders for 60 days and let them expire, which would suck since some orders shipped.

It's funny that it says they are required by law to cancel them. I wonder if that's true. I ordered some anime from Outpost once and they held it for a while, then emailed to ask if I wanted it held longer. I replied yes and they held it for months before cancelling it. I think CC just doesn't want to go that extra step. Perhaps if our backorders get close to 60 days we can call and ask that it be held longer.

Can I take my order email confirmation from Circuit City.com into a Circuit City store and get my order that way for the same price?

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']CC rep didn't know what he was talking about, it's 60 days not 30, according to the website.
But they could just hold orders for 60 days and let them expire, which would suck since some orders shipped.

It's funny that it says they are required by law to cancel them. I wonder if that's true. I ordered some anime from Outpost once and they held it for a while, then emailed to ask if I wanted it held longer. I replied yes and they held it for months before cancelling it. I think CC just doesn't want to go that extra step. Perhaps if our backorders get close to 60 days we can call and ask that it be held longer.[/quote]

This is great info. Didn't think about looking into their site. Thanks!

I just checked CC's website and Matrix Trilogy HD wouldn't show up on search results. Could it be that they're really sold out?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Can I take my order email confirmation from Circuit City.com into a Circuit City store and get my order that way for the same price?[/QUOTE]

This should be one for the bragging forum, but that's exactly what I did. I went at lunch time today and brought both my emails, one confirming my pre-order and the other confirming it will ship when available (on backorder), and a printout of my account page with the order and the price. Took about 20 minutes, but I got it. I believe the softy crew works during the work hours and the hard and sour crew works after 5pm.

I hope you guys are just as lucky. I still haven't gotten an apology email or anything like that. I ordered on 5/21 at about 1am PST. Just ordered one. Thought it would be worth a shot. Hopefully I still get that one shipped.

The devils telling me to visit another CC tomorrow. :)

I don't know what time I actually ordered it, but I received the confirmation email at 2:38 am Monday and the pre/back-order email at 4:25 am Monday. That is the last I've heard from them. At least I've not been cancelled, I guess. I have a very strong feeling they are going to time-out all of the unfilled orders. This is bullshit. They should either honor one copy for everyone that ordered or not at all.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']It wasn't showing up during the "sale" either. You find it here (found by browsing through movies>hd-dvd, sorted by best selling, page 4 ATM). Movie itself is here. It does say backordered.[/quote]
You know, on the second link you posted, there's this message:

"From 6am Sunday morning, May 20th, until 9am May 21st, a system error caused the price for the Matrix Trilogy HD to display incorrectly. The correct price is $79.99. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

So...we're SOL?

:whistle2:?

Edit: It prolly just got posted...

[quote name='minos1067']This should be one for the bragging forum, but that's exactly what I did. I went at lunch time today and brought both my emails, one confirming my pre-order and the other confirming it will ship when available (on backorder), and a printout of my account page with the order and the price. Took about 20 minutes, but I got it. I believe the softy crew works during the work hours and the hard and sour crew works after 5pm.

I hope you guys are just as lucky. I still haven't gotten an apology email or anything like that. I ordered on 5/21 at about 1am PST. Just ordered one. Thought it would be worth a shot. Hopefully I still get that one shipped.

The devils telling me to visit another CC tomorrow. :)[/QUOTE]
I only have the order confirmation with a pending order number you think they will take that, it does say that I paid 19.99. Then If they ever send me the other one in the mail I'll just return it or sell it/trade it on here.

[quote name='minos1067']This should be one for the bragging forum, but that's exactly what I did. I went at lunch time today and brought both my emails, one confirming my pre-order and the other confirming it will ship when available (on backorder), and a printout of my account page with the order and the price. Took about 20 minutes, but I got it. I believe the softy crew works during the work hours and the hard and sour crew works after 5pm.

The devils telling me to visit another CC tomorrow. :)[/quote]

So what you are saying is that they gave you one in the store for free based on that printout, and the other one still might possibly ship? Or did you switch it on the site to "pickup at the store"?

[quote name='bigell']So what you are saying is that they gave you one in the store for free based on that printout, and the other one still might possibly ship? Or did you switch it on the site to "pickup at the store"?[/QUOTE]
if you can switch to in store pickup then sign me up!!

I would say that trying to use the pricematch at a store is pretty YMMV. My store will not accept any print outs (Philly, PA) nor will the online site switch my order to store pickup if I call.

Check that as extremely YMMV as I went to a third store at which point the manager pulled out a memo that described the price discrepancy and said that the B&M stores will not honor it.

[quote name='duckydan']I would say that trying to use the pricematch at a store is pretty YMMV. My store will not accept any print outs (Philly, PA) nor will the online site switch my order to store pickup if I call.

Check that as extremely YMMV as I went to a third store at which point the manager pulled out a memo that described the price discrepancy and said that the B&M stores will not honor it.[/QUOTE]
are you going around pricematching your own order or are you pricematching a screen shot?

Because it would be nice if since they already know I am supposed to get one if I could just go there where I know they have it and ask them to look up my account and switch it to pick up.

I had a screenshot from the sale that I had emailed to my fiance at work to get her to order one (my 2nd one), the confirmation email and my status pending sheets (1 saying backorder and 1 saying preorder) The last store at first tried telling me that it was for the original trilogy (standard dvd) then when they checked the UPC a manager was called. That manager told me that they knew of the problem and had the memo saying not to price match. If you get a manager who did not get the memo or who just doesn't care you will get lucky mine all tend to know me from getting guitar hero with the online order a few days before it officially went on sale.

My newest status is that I got the apology letter last night at 10PM EST saying the item is backordered, and may be cancelled, but I also just noticed my credit card was charged the full amount today...hmm. Anyone else get charged that is backordered?

I still only have my original order conformation which contains no order number, and when I check status at Circuitcity.com it still says pre-order as status and at the bottom it says that it is back ordered.

[quote name='M1C13']I still only have my original order conformation which contains no order number, and when I check status at Circuitcity.com it still says pre-order as status and at the bottom it says that it is back ordered.[/QUOTE]

Same here... I really wonder if I can get it.

[quote name='cag1125']You know, on the second link you posted, there's this message:

"From 6am Sunday morning, May 20th, until 9am May 21st, a system error caused the price for the Matrix Trilogy HD to display incorrectly. The correct price is $79.99. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

So...we're SOL?

:whistle2:?

Edit: It prolly just got posted...[/quote]
That was there before the emails were sent out, shortly after the mistake was corrected.

I just had my OC cancelled. Called to ask why, was put on hold and then hung up on. Great. Trying again I guess.

edit: Finally got through a whole call. Customer rep told me that they ran out of product at the wharehouse so it was cancelled. I asked if it could be changed to in-store pickup; nope. Asked why it wasn't placed on backorder till they get more; she said only pre-order items can be placed on backorder. WTF? What's the point of a backorder? Going to CC to complain in person today, maybe I can get them to fulfill the order.

I got my cancellation notice for the O.C.

My Matrix order is still pending.

Here's what I did:
At lunch I went to Circuit City B&M. I took printouts of my original order, my backorder status page, a screenshot of the original 19.99 price, and a copy of the email saying that they would honor the 19.99 price. I asked them to sell me a copy at that price and they did.

Walked out a happy camper. Give it a shot! This was in Ann Arbor, MI.

Now I am pissed! I thought CC was doing a good job at first. Just got my OC ordered cancelled! I only ordered one and the email before states they would honor it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am calling them very soon....SO PISSED!

[quote name='kevzik']Now I am pissed! I thought CC was doing a good job at first. Just got my OC ordered cancelled! I only ordered one and the email before states they would honor it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am calling them very soon....SO PISSED![/quote]Good luck to you; I had no luck whatsoever. I just wrote an email to them and when I hit submit, it refreshed the page. Can't go back to resend, have to write it all over again. WTF CC!

[quote name='broboore']I got my cancellation notice for the O.C.

My Matrix order is still pending.

Here's what I did:
At lunch I went to Circuit City B&M. I took printouts of my original order, my backorder status page, a screenshot of the original 19.99 price, and a copy of the email saying that they would honor the 19.99 price. I asked them to sell me a copy at that price and they did.

Walked out a happy camper. Give it a shot! This was in Ann Arbor, MI.[/quote]I guess I'm trying this for the OC. Just sent two emails to CC and either they never got sent or the page doesn't acknowledge them. Stupid CC. I was ready to stand behind them 100% because of this, but it's been all talk for me. They are not handling this well. Better than most would have, granted, but not the best.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Good luck to you; I had no luck whatsoever. I just wrote an email to them and when I hit submit, it refreshed the page. Can't go back to resend, have to write it all over again. WTF CC![/quote]

I just got off the phone with an awesome rep. What she told me to do was to go ahead and order one at full price and she when then mahe a case number to give to the next rep I call for a price adjustment. Don't let them win CAG!

Now I just want my matrix set to ship before 60 days...frreaking backorder bul!

I've received two emails thus far: a receipt/confirmation and another one that states the product is not available.

For those that have had their orders shipped, is this what you got?

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to contact us, your order confirmation # is xxxx.

B/O Qty Item # Title Available * 1 WHV115974HD COMPLETE MATRIX TRILOGY 05/22/07

* All items with an Available Date displayed are considered pre-release items. Pre-release items are not yet available for purchase. You should receive this item on or shortly after the date displayed. If you have any questions, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
In the US: 800THECITY

bread's done
Back