Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

I wish the Cavs would've won so we don't have to hear about the Pistons anymore. Everyone seems to be riding their collective dick, and didn't give the Cavs any credit or respect, even after being up 3-2.

Props to LeBron, he's played every minute and hasn't quit. If Hughes can get his mindset back to normal next season and LeBron keeps improving...this is going to be a scary team again.

[quote name='botticus']Lived in Detroit = 18 years
Lived in Cleveland = 7 years

Detroit = FTW ;)[/quote] Touche sir, touche. :lol:

While I don't want to see the Pistons win it again, I'm glad Lebron didn't advance. The media is on his jock so bad it's insane. He's damn good, but he still throws up air balls, and misses a lot of shots that he should make. He's going to improve a lot, but they already call this guy "King", get off of his nuts already. There are dozens of players now playing that are better then Lebron right now. There will be time to slobber all over his junk in about 2 or 3 years when he improves his game.

Props to the Pistons though, best all around team there is right now, hope the Mavs can pull it off tommorow night.

[quote name='bil4ltool']While I don't want to see the Pistons win it again, I'm glad Lebron didn't advance. The media is on his jock so bad it's insane. He's damn good, but he still throws up air balls, and misses a lot of shots that he should make. He's going to improve a lot, but they already call this guy "King", get off of his nuts already. There are dozens of players now playing that are better then Lebron right now. There will be time to slobber all over his junk in about 2 or 3 years when he improves his game.

Props to the Pistons though, best all around team there is right now, hope the Mavs can pull it off tommorow night.[/quote]

Dozens of players better than him right now? I hope you're not talking about the playoffs. Just this year, he's already gotten farther than T-Mac, Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Mike Bibby, Ron Artest, Jermaine O' Neal..He's easily one of the top 4 best players in the league.

I'm talking in general there are plenty of players better then him right now. He's easily better then
Nash, Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Wade? I think not. Don't get me wrong he's good, especially for being 21, but people need to quit acting like he's the best player ever, he has many things he needs to improve on to be truly great.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Dozens of players better than him right now? I hope you're not talking about the playoffs. Just this year, he's already gotten farther than T-Mac, Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Mike Bibby, Ron Artest, Jermaine O' Neal..He's easily one of the top 4 best players in the league.[/QUOTE]
No, the CAVS got farther than the teams those players were on. In games like today, where LeBron was the only guy to show up, they got stomped. The Pistons are perfectly happy to let one guy score 30+ points if they hold the rest of the team in single digits.

[quote name='botticus']No, the CAVS got farther than the teams those players were on. In games like today, where LeBron was the only guy to show up, they got stomped. The Pistons are perfectly happy to let one guy score 30+ points if they hold the rest of the team in single digits.[/quote]
Thank you. If you give a great player like Kobe some horrible players and you play a team that IMO is better then the Wizards (Suns) you're not going to do very good. Using your logic some scrub riding the pine for the Heat is better then Lebron. Or that Lebron is better then Garnett, which he most surely is not. If they traded spots the Cavs probably would have beaten the Pistons.

[quote name='Genocidal']I wish the Cavs would've won so we don't have to hear about the Pistons anymore. Everyone seems to be riding their collective dick, and didn't give the Cavs any credit or respect, even after being up 3-2.[/QUOTE]
See the only thing about the Pistons is that they already have proven how good they are and winning this series just shows again how good they are. That's why people ride their dick. Lebron to me has proven he is a great player but not great enough for everyone to be talking about like they do. Don't get me wrong the Cavs played a hell of a series but Lebron did not really take over any games. I rather see the Pistons/Heat than the Cavs/Heat. Hopefully the heat win. Should be a great series.

i hope the heat win as well, though i regret the Nets' loss, because i've watched the same starting 5 (Pistons) for way too long.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I'm talking in general there are plenty of players better then him right now. He's easily better then
Nash, Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Wade? I think not. Don't get me wrong he's good, especially for being 21, but people need to quit acting like he's the best player ever, he has many things he needs to improve on to be truly great.[/quote]

LeBron's better than Wade, compare Wade's cast to LeBron's..nobody's saying he's the best player ever, they're saying he's on pace to be one of the greats. The fact still remains, he averaged 30 pts+ in his first postseason...his first. You're all witnesses, the only weakness I can really point out in his game is his jumper needs tweaking. Also, he needs to stop traveling, he's getting really lucky that refs aren't calling it.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Dozens of players better than him right now? I hope you're not talking about the playoffs. Just this year, he's already gotten farther than T-Mac, Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Mike Bibby, Ron Artest, Jermaine O' Neal..He's easily one of the top 4 best players in the league.[/quote]

A team's accomplishments isn't a good indicator on how good a player an individual is. There have been a lot of great players throughout sports who have never made it to a championship and even the playoffs, yet that doesn't make them bad players.

It's the management and GM's job to put a good supporting cast around its all stars. If that happens, then championships are likely to follow. When it doesn't, great players sometimes stick with shitty organizations.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']A team's accomplishments isn't a good indicator on how good a player an individual is. There have been a lot of great players throughout sports who have never made it to a championship and even the playoffs, yet that doesn't make them bad players.

It's the management and GM's job to put a good supporting cast around its all stars. If that happens, then championships are likely to follow. When it doesn't, great players sometimes stick with shitty organizations.[/quote]

Ok question, have you heard of Varejo before LeBron turned him into an actualy threat on offense?

Considering he's only been in the league for two years and lived in Brazil before that, I doubt many people who don't follow basketball outside of the US have.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Ok question, have you heard of Varejo before LeBron turned him into an actualy threat on offense?[/QUOTE]
Anderson Varejao didn't exist in the league before he played with LeBron. And the man averages 4.6 ppg and 4.9 rpg. Nuff said.

I just realized that Tayshaun played every minute of games 5, 6, and 7 (minus the last minute of this one). Wow.

[quote name='botticus']Anderson Varejao didn't exist in the league before he played with LeBron. And the man averages 4.6 ppg and 4.9 rpg. Nuff said.[/quote]

In the series against the Pistons, LeBron w/o Hughes for most of the series made everyone around him better.

Varejao for the Pistons series nearly doubled his scoring average with 9.8

Yes Lebron is good, and he makes his team a LOT better, but the media needs to lay off, it's ridiculous. He makes a regular jumper and the commentators will act as though he just hit a buzzer beater to win the championship. Then he'll come down and throw up a filthy airball and they won't even make mention of it. No one is denying the guy's talent, but there are more then 5 better players in the league. I think Wade is on par with Lebron right now, and I think he makes better decisions with the ball in his hand right now.

[quote name='evanft']Pistons=Best team in basketball

Fact.[/quote]

QFT. They always come through when it counts, the Heat matchup should be a good one.

Comparing Lebron to Jordan right now is not fair and I'm quite sick of people saying it, not only does he play a different position, is 2 inches taller, and weighs 25 pounds more. Jordan has 6 championships, Lebron has none. A lot of people have been saying this lately just wanted to get my opinion in. I realize it's early in his career but keep reading.

Now Lebron deserves a crapload of credit he averaged something close to 31 points 8 rebounds and 7 assists a game, MVP type year. I'm sure Lebron will win at least 3 championships in his career, but not on the Cavs. A one man team will never work. Larry Hughes is good, but pretty much all year he was out. If Lebron stays in Cleveland (unless they make some moves) he will continue to have monster games and never win a championship.

bil4tool the media will continue to be on his nuts because of his numbers, the way he scores, and they continue to emphasize his age compared to his skill and body type. But you're right, I just can't see how they can cover him any more in the next few years when he wins championships.

Grave to me the team's accomplishment's are the only indicator of the good you are. I realize there are some players that are great that will never win a championship, but when you look at it who do you remember more MJ or Charles Barkley.

Yeah I think it should be a much tighter second half. Spurs have got some open looks that just didn't go down, and you have to think the law of average is going to come back and bite the Mavs. Please don't blow this lead Dallas. :pray:

27 free throws for the Spurs so far? Ridiculous! has anyone seen anyone flop and whine as much as Ginobli? I hate that guy, he falls if an ant gets on his shoe and gets the call EVERY time! That three point foul was outrageous amounts of bullshit.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah ginobili's a pussy actor. but a damn good player. anyway, GO VAN HORN![/QUOTE]

He's a good player, but his over-flopping makes him hard to watch.

I don't even know who I want to win this. I don't want the Spurs to win, cause I don't want a repeat in the Finals for the Pistons... I guess I'll root for the Mavs then, even though I despise them.

[quote name='TC']He's a good player, but his over-flopping makes him hard to watch.[/quote]

Hmm...all flop team.

Vlade Divac at C
Karl Malone at PF
Reggie Miller at SF
Manu Ginobli at SG
Not sure at PG

None of you can possibly defend this outrageous officiating, how many free throws has Duncan shot tonight? 50? Some of the games may have been favored the Mavs, but it wasn't a game 7. This is 100% grade A bullshit, every time Ginobili flops it's a foul, but if a Mav tries to draw the charge they haven't gotten the call once. I'm fuckin pissed, this shit is so ridiculous. Hopefully the Mavs can pull it out, but I have my doubts if they breathe on Duncan he'll go to the line.

Ginobili could fall over by himself at midcourt and they would call a foul.

[quote name='bil4ltool']None of you can possibly defend this outrageous officiating, how many free throws has Duncan shot tonight? 50? Some of the games may have been favored the Mavs, but it wasn't a game 7. This is 100% grade A bullshit, every time Ginobili flops it's a foul, but if a Mav tries to draw the charge they haven't gotten the call once. I'm fuckin pissed, this shit is so ridiculous. Hopefully the Mavs can pull it out, but I have my doubts if they breathe on Duncan he'll go to the line.

Ginobili could fall over by himself at midcourt and they would call a foul.[/quote]

That's who Ginobli is, he always gets that call, and if you watch how Ginobli plays he does get hit hard.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hmm...all flop team.

Vlade Divac at C
Karl Malone at PF
Reggie Miller at SF
Manu Ginobli at SG
Not sure at PG[/QUOTE]

don't forget raja bell.

bread's done
Back