Max Payne 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

fuck team deathmatch after you unlock gang wars, that is where its at. Just got done playing with a developer, he was a pretty damn good teammate. The guy was pretty cool and everyone was all telling him how good the game was.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Can you change from free aim mode in sp? I cant stand it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's in the options. You can choose free aim, soft lock, or hard lock.

I'm tempted to take off free aim myself, since the targeting reticules are almost impossible to see. I'm not sure what the difference between hard and soft lock is. I assume Soft Lock lets you aim within the lock-on while hard lock doesn't.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Yes, it's in the options. You can choose free aim, soft lock, or hard lock.

I'm tempted to take off free aim myself, since the targeting reticules are almost impossible to see. I'm not sure what the difference between hard and soft lock is. I assume Soft Lock lets you aim within the lock-on while hard lock doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I like soft it's a mix of the two and seems to be a good compromise!

forget it, you have to use free aim on harder or higher to get the difficulty achievements. It has been confirmed on 360a

Can't get enough of gang wars, its too much fun.

LOL...tell me I'm not the only one who watched the entire TV segment inside the soccer stadium. "Amor E Damas" was great! I was hoping they'd have some stuff like that in this game. Alan Wake REALLY had the original Max Payne vibe going, but it's nice to see Rockstar at least try to pay homage. Nothing could ever top "Lords and Ladies" though.

Loved the first 2 chapters so far... cant wait to go home and play some more. haven't tried the multiplayer yet. still adjusting to the controls since i only played max payne 1 & 2 on pc before. hehe!

[quote name='teddybass']is CAG Payne the official cag crew or is it cheapassgamerz? they both come up when I search the crews for cag[/QUOTE]cheapassgamerz is also the username of the guy who created the crew and he apparently is the source for all gaming news. Check out his twitter info: CheapAssGamerz
@CheapAssGamerz

CheapAssGamerz is the premier online entertainment network showing trailers, gameplay, & original series created in video games.
California · http://www.youtube.com/TheCheapAssGamerz

twitter logo:
50280_135507973163547_1142002453_n_reasonably_small.jpg

Look familiar? Fear not CheapyD, he and his seven followers are probably no threat.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']playin simeountausley the ps3 version and 360 version :) haven't touched online yet though. im doin a hard and free aim run on xbox.[/QUOTE]Playing it on both consoles? I thought I was a big Max Payne fan.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Yes, it's in the options. You can choose free aim, soft lock, or hard lock.

I'm tempted to take off free aim myself, since the targeting reticules are almost impossible to see. I'm not sure what the difference between hard and soft lock is. I assume Soft Lock lets you aim within the lock-on while hard lock doesn't.[/QUOTE]From what I understand, soft lock won't auto aim at someone unless your reticule is already somewhat close to them while hard lock snaps right to the closest target no matter where the reticule is.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Loved the first 2 chapters so far... cant wait to go home and play some more. haven't tried the multiplayer yet. still adjusting to the controls since i only played max payne 1 & 2 on pc before. hehe![/QUOTE]Exact same here. Was planning on getting the pc version, but with the big push for mp it looked like time to switch to getting a console version.

[quote name='jdawgg76']MP is alot of fun and I can see myself sinking some serious time into it. Had no problem later on in the evening with servers or social club. Can't believe a new Max Payne comes out and I check out mp before story mode.[/QUOTE]

Did the same exact thing. I've only played mp so far. I haven't touched the story mode but I'll get to it eventually.

[quote name='HydroX']Gang Wars is legit. I keep getting absolutely wrecked by dual wielded pistol players, though.[/QUOTE]

Dual wielding in general seems to be overpowered. I've been beasting since i've been able to dual wield the smg's.

[quote name='Pratt75']does anyone else find trying to throw grenades to be a "payne" in the ass?[/QUOTE]

An emphatic YES. Nothing like looking damn near straight up just to arch a 'nade over an office cubicle wall.

I went ahead and returned my rental copy and decided to go without some MP3 for one night. I'll try to snag it before Best Buy closes tomorrow so hopefully some CAGP players are ready to roll tomorrow night around 10PM Central and onward.

I returned my rental as well tonight and will be picking up a copy from BB tomorrow. Hydrox, send me a friend request bro. I think I had you on there and deleted you when I was cleaning up my list. Hard remembering who the hell is who lol.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Maybe its just me or im not that good but its pretty challenging. Im playing on normal difficulty but the AI is pretty smart and if your not careful, you'll die quickly.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it's definitely not just you. Game may be one of the hardest ones I have played. I can usually beat most games on the hardest difficulty without too much of a problem. I fear I may break something if I try this game on the harder difficulties.

I beat the story tonight on medium with free aim on. My total time (according to Social Club) is 8:43:07 and I ended up dying 55 times according to Social Club and was dropped into last stand another 75 times.

After posting last night about how I had made it through 14/17 I was at 5.5 hours played. Apparently I was still on Chapter 13, which is long as fuck... I seriously thought I was done with it last night and still had about an hour or so left of it.

All together, I loved the story. I think it is one of my new favorites for story so far on 360 with the other being Medal of Honor (note: I am not a big RPG person and usually just stick with shooters and action games, so don't start saying how ____ or ____ is better). :)

Now here is something I am kind of curious about though that I noticed on R* Social Club. It says that I completed 16/17 chapters. There are only 14 chapters in the game and that can be seen when you get done with it and go to the chapter select screen. So, I am wondering if there might be 3 Chapters as DLC or if they are just having some technical errors. I also noticed on Social Club that there are a lot of clues and hidden gun parts that it says I didn't get that I did.

I need help, my son started a new game and im trying to start the game from chapter select where i left off but once im done it goes back to the menu screen and wont continue. HELP i want to finish the game i just finished chapter 12.

I find normal difficulty in the campaign to be a challenge as well. I don't know how many times I've died, but it's plenty and I'm only in chapter 4. LOL.

I can't wait to play more of this game. I think I'll play some multi tonight. I'm excited to start the single player this weekend. Easily my favorite game of the year so far, and that's just from playing 12 rounds of team deathmatch, lol. I can't wait to dive into the rest!

[quote name='crunchewy']I find normal difficulty in the campaign to be a challenge as well. I don't know how many times I've died, but it's plenty and I'm only in chapter 4. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. Ch 4 and have died dozens of times already! :)

WOuld love to get into the crew with you guys. GT is impostor1971

So I guess it's my fault for not checking before I rented it, but why the fuck would RedBox allow you to rent this game when it's two discs. I know that's kept them to PS3 only copies for some games in the past (like L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII-2), so why did they allow people to rent this on 360.

Definitely getting my rental fee back, but I'd rather not and be able to actually finish the game. That's so retarded.

Edit: Looked it up an apparently it's supposed to issue a warning on the kiosk when you rent the game, but I didn't get one. What a total buzz kill

Dude, it's $2. Is it really that big of a deal? It does suck that they did this with Max Payne and I'm sure they are catching a ton of shit over it. If MS changed their disc format, problems like this would be eliminated. Until then, all of us are stuck with the shitty 2 cent discs.

So I was playing today online and have honestly been enjoying myself with the online play. However I encountered not one, but TWO different people who have somehow exploited the game. These two individuals were impervious to damage however they could not dish out any of their own.

It's more of an annoyance than anything else. but when playing something that involves capturing a point the player can just stand in the point without dying and thus securing a sure victory. Hopefully *Star can fix this soon. I was able to capture footage of the second dude I met who had this glitch.

[youtube]dTxn8rIjn6M[/youtube]

Ive encountered this as well. Was playing with a couple of guys and one of them had this happen to them. He just quit the game and started back and it worked.

I think the multiplayer is fun, but currently has quite a few flaws. While also playing earlier today met another guy who could pretty much not be killed but would kill you in one shot. I think it was the same glitch only he could kill people.

Pretty annoying. Maybe they should have done a beta test?

Ive been playing loads of mulitplayer (even though im pretty terrible, its still fun)

Level 10 right now.

What loadouts have you guys found the be the most effective to you? I mainly roll with an ak 47 with laser and suppressor mods and either helmet or chest protector (neither of which seem to do shit really)

Just got my copy. Hit me up to play some MP, Don CMoney. Just send a message telling me you're from the site. Also in the CAG crew as well.

[quote name='kilik64']Ive encountered this as well. Was playing with a couple of guys and one of them had this happen to them. He just quit the game and started back and it worked.

I think the multiplayer is fun, but currently has quite a few flaws. While also playing earlier today met another guy who could pretty much not be killed but would kill you in one shot. I think it was the same glitch only he could kill people.

Pretty annoying. Maybe they should have done a beta test?[/QUOTE]

Possibly would have been a good idea, but it seems people aren't talking about this. At first in any point capture mini game this glitch will be troublesome, but now that you say you can be invincible and kill others... that is very problematic.

[quote name='mvp828']I beat the story tonight on medium with free aim on. My total time (according to Social Club) is 8:43:07 and I ended up dying 55 times according to Social Club and was dropped into last stand another 75 times.

After posting last night about how I had made it through 14/17 I was at 5.5 hours played. Apparently I was still on Chapter 13, which is long as fuck... I seriously thought I was done with it last night and still had about an hour or so left of it.

All together, I loved the story. I think it is one of my new favorites for story so far on 360 with the other being Medal of Honor (note: I am not a big RPG person and usually just stick with shooters and action games, so don't start saying how ____ or ____ is better). :)

Now here is something I am kind of curious about though that I noticed on R* Social Club. It says that I completed 16/17 chapters. There are only 14 chapters in the game and that can be seen when you get done with it and go to the chapter select screen. So, I am wondering if there might be 3 Chapters as DLC or if they are just having some technical errors. I also noticed on Social Club that there are a lot of clues and hidden gun parts that it says I didn't get that I did.[/QUOTE]About 9 hours on medium sounds about right for games these days. Much better than the short MP2.

I really liked Medal of Honor's story as well. I liked the more gritty "realisitic" approach of covering one conflict from different angles as opposed to yet another blockbuster movie type of story. Can't wait to play this story.

Social Club lists my Red Dead stats as 2.7% complete although I've 100%ed the base game and done some of the add-on stuff. It's about right for Undead Nightmare, LA Noire and Midnight Club though.

[quote name='impostor71']I'm right there with you. Ch 4 and have died dozens of times already! :)

WOuld love to get into the crew with you guys. GT is impostor1971[/QUOTE]If you haven't already, make an account on the social club website. Then search for CAG Payne and request an invite or if you play online with someone already in the crew have them send you an invite.

[quote name='kilik64']Ive been playing loads of mulitplayer (even though im pretty terrible, its still fun)

Level 10 right now.

What loadouts have you guys found the be the most effective to you? I mainly roll with an ak 47 with laser and suppressor mods and either helmet or chest protector (neither of which seem to do shit really)[/QUOTE]I'm lvl 7 and mostly use an AK with laser and i use flashbangs instead of nades since I suck with nades. My best map with that setup was 32-7 mostly cause I just kept working angles and flanking. I also just setup a speed class that only has a pistol and smg that I dual wield. Pretty good results so far. Are you in the crew? You should be ahead of me on the leaderboards since you're lvl 10.

The first crew milestone will be unlocked at 25 members. I think it gives us some xp.

i played a little bit of single player and spent a ton of time in MP. i have to say i was skeptical about this because, while i didn't hate RDR MP it wasn't a huge favorite of mine either. that being said im addicted to max 3 MP. deathmatch is fun, gang wars is crazy and payne killer is pretty awesome to. Im still on the fence about buying the season pass but if i keep playing the MP as long as i think i will i might as well just buy it. im level 10 now but i can see the lack in variety of maps starting to get on my nerves, it always seems like theres only like 5 maps total to choose from. one more thing...i suck at using bullet time in MP anytime i attempt it, it seems like i hardly connect with any shots. anyways back to buckin

[quote name='sublime90']i played a little bit of single player and spent a ton of time in MP. i have to say i was skeptical about this because, while i didn't hate RDR MP it wasn't a huge favorite of mine either. that being said im addicted to max 3 MP. deathmatch is fun, gang wars is crazy and payne killer is pretty awesome to. Im still on the fence about buying the season pass but if i keep playing the MP as long as i think i will i might as well just buy it. im level 10 now but i can see the lack in variety of maps starting to get on my nerves, it always seems like theres only like 5 maps total to choose from. one more thing...i suck at using bullet time in MP anytime i attempt it, it seems like i hardly connect with any shots. anyways back to buckin[/QUOTE]

I always tend to dive into a wall. :lol:

I keep getting my ass handed to me in multiplayer. But good lord, it's fucking fun. I ended up investing into the Rockstar Pass for the game when I picked it up.

What aiming mode are most of you guys playing on for MP? Soft lock or free aim?

[quote name='Regian']
What aiming mode are most of you guys playing on for MP? Soft lock or free aim?[/QUOTE]

Soft lock.

May try free aim, see if im any better with that. Used soft lock in SP.

I can't imagine doing better with free aim in MP. I'm not very good at aiming with dual analog. I might try it, but I don't know. Probably not.

The campaign really is tough. Last night I got stuck on a part in chapter 5 and must have died 10 times there. It's fun, but probably I should have gone with Easy. LOL.

So is it correct that in MP mode you don't actually go into "dead eye", except via the dive? When I press in the right analog stick it seems to give me something else. Burst mode or something like that. It doesn't slow the game down like it does in SP. I'm not even sure what Burst Mode does.

The reason I pick free aim is because its my understanding that if you pick that, then everyone you play with will have that as well...does anyone know if thats how it goes?

[quote name='shotgunshine']The reason I pick free aim is because its my understanding that if you pick that, then everyone you play with will have that as well...does anyone know if thats how it goes?[/QUOTE]Yes. The lobbies are setup according to the game mode you select

Ah, didn't realize that. Maybe I'll try it, but I don't expect to do well at it. It does make sense that they'd be separated.

What are rockstar games social club multiplayer events about? There's one tomorrow 1 to 4 PM eastern. i can't participate, but I'm still wondering what it is.

MP is addicting, played for hours last night. At times, the game freezes or gets disconnected, but overall I love it.

Quick question, I want my character to wear a mask. I select the mask, but I went go back to the previous menu, it quickly goes away. Would I have to reach a certain level to use one in MP or am I doing something wrong?

bread's done
Back