Max Payne 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='mightymek']Thanks for the invite! I'm in. My bud, AriFNGold or AriJGold, whichever he used, asked you for an invite as well. He's fellow CAG SpiderHulkThing.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I know that guy! He's super awesome.

Thanks for accepting my request my new crew. I'll be on soon as the game arrives in the mail.

Sent an Crew invite. Won't have the game 1st day, but hoping I'll be able to get it something this month. I can't lie, the last trailer got me hyped & worries about the game vanished.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I'm in for a crew same Xbox tag as my sn[/QUOTE]Can't recruit you that way. You gotta use the social club website.

Rented this just now for $1.08 (thanks Redbox!) so we'll see how it goes. I'm assuming Online Pass is needed to play multiplayer (like all major games these days) so unfortunately I am guessing I will miss out on the crew fun until I can scrounge up enough cash to pay off my preorder.

[quote name='HydroX']Rented this just now for $1.08 (thanks Redbox!) so we'll see how it goes. I'm assuming Online Pass is needed to play multiplayer (like all major games these days) so unfortunately I am guessing I will miss out on the crew fun until I can scrounge up enough cash to pay off my preorder.[/QUOTE]I haven't heard this has an online pass. It would be a first for rockstar if it did.

[quote name='mrx001']Made an emblem.Not that great and it was the best I could do.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/f061c23bd9a2fc595238b02.png/#[/QUOTE]Same idea I had, but I didn't have much time so I stopped after the fist. Just wanted to be rid of the pink helmet.

[quote name='Scorch']Rockstar was the publisher of Max Payne 1 and 2. Max Payne 1 and 2 were developed by Remedy/3D Realms. So Rockstar is new to developing Max Payne.[/QUOTE]

I know this post is about a month old, but I wanted to clarify the situation.

Remedy developed Max Payne, 3D Realms published it. Then Rockstar ported Max Payne to the PS2. I own both of these games, and the PS2 copy reads: "Developed by Remedy/Version by Rockstar Canada." After the port, Rockstar bought the rights to Max Payne from 3D Realms. Then they published Max Payne 2 and ported the title to consoles. So they have worked on the Max Payne games in some compacity.

That said, the real question mark here is the absence of Sam Lake. He was the original model for Max Payne, and the author of both games. He also followed Remedy to write Alan Wake. So he won't be writing Max Payne 3. That's a little worrisome.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Can't recruit you that way. You gotta use the social club website.[/QUOTE]

Oops where is the website?

Played a couple MP matches last night. Seemed fun, but just like any other Rockstar multiplayer game (RDR/GTA). I'll likely still be picking this game up on Friday, but I'll have my rental copy until Wednesday night if anyone wants to play.

Sending an invite request to the crew. Gamertag: N7 HydroX

I can't imagine paying full price for this game personally. I think it will make an excellent redbox rental this weekend.

Does anyone know approximately how long this game is?

[quote name='Dark Rider']I can't imagine paying full price for this game personally. I think it will make an excellent redbox rental this weekend.

Does anyone know approximately how long this game is?[/QUOTE]

I have about 3 hours in on the single player (according to Social Club stats) and just completed mission 5 or 6 of 17. Although I feel like the Social Club stats are off. I swear that I was playing for closer to 4 hours last night.

[quote name='mightymek']Saix_XIII posted this in another thread, so I figured I would post it here as well.

The Gorilla Warfare pack is supposed to be 160 MSP, but when you click to buy it, it shows up as FREE. Must be a glitch. I just downloaded/added to my queue. I don't know if they can charge you afterwards, but hey, it's cheap anyway if they do.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Gorilla-Warfare-Pack/cc5d4437-71f2-4cf6-b7ce-407aba3e98d6[/QUOTE]

This happens quite often on the XBL Marketplace. They won't charge you afterwards, and it'll stay in your account if you get it while its free. But they'll probably notice and change it back to the correct value sooner or later.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Just tried to get this..they fixed it and its now 160 points.[/QUOTE]

Via the link above? It's 160 points on the Xbox 360 console itself, but free via the link provided.

Waiting for my redboxes to be stocked lol I've checked about 5 times today online. Akai Katana passing my time nicely though. Was worried about the MP needing a pass, thanks for clearing that up!

REMEMBER redbox 360 is disc 1 only so get the PS3 version.

[quote name='HydroX']Via the link above? It's 160 points on the Xbox 360 console itself, but free via the link provided.[/QUOTE]

D'oh...thanks for the heads up...just did it via the link and it worked.

Damn...just started playing a little while ago, but...
that helicopter scene was badass. Shooting down a couple missiles and gunning those assholes down while hanging upside down? Yes please! Lots of really slick kill sequences too. Bullet time has never looked better! I think I'm going to like this game! :)

Ugh, this sucks. Tonight is the only night until Friday that I was really able to sit down and play this. Damn Rockstar. This happens more and more with games it seems. Day one: servers down.

Picked this up earlier today and I am digging the MP even though I am still getting the hang of it. I would definitely be interested in joining the Crew.

im liking this max payne alot. only thing that gets annoying is the cutscenes but its cool. i think rockstar went too serious and i kinda miss that odd, tongue in cheek dark humor from Remedy but its still cool just max payne reminds me of bruce willis in this one.

MP is alot of fun and I can see myself sinking some serious time into it. Had no problem later on in the evening with servers or social club. Can't believe a new Max Payne comes out and I check out mp before story mode.

For the guys that have it, how is it so far? I played Max Payne 1 and 2 back in the day, is the gameplay still relatively similar, or did Rockstar change it up? And does the story still have the classic Max Payne feel? I'm thinkin about getting it

[quote name='MrPiggles']For the guys that have it, how is it so far? [/QUOTE]

I'm really enjoying it. I have only played the single player so far and have really liked the story. Although those reviews of 10-12 hours to beat it seem a little bit far-fetched. I am on Chapter 14 of 17 and have 5.5 hours into it. However, as I said last night it feels like I have played it longer and the Social Club timer isn't exactly correct. As someone else said, the cut-scenes early in the game do somewhat drag on, but they have a great feel to them.

[quote name='MrPiggles']I played Max Payne 1 and 2 back in the day, is the gameplay still relatively similar, or did Rockstar change it up? [/QUOTE]

Gameplay is still pretty spot on... You have your bullet time and shoot dodge and all that stuff. It's not as noir feel as the first two, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing since there still are some bits that are noir.

Controls are still right next to what it was in the first two. Which somewhat stinks because it still feels like it has a little clunkiness to it, but not too bad.

[quote name='MrPiggles']And does the story still have the classic Max Payne feel?[/QUOTE]

Story wise, it is very good. I personally describe it as Max Payne meets Man on Fire. Throughout the cut-scenes and in-game there are flashes of light and screen distortion with various bright colors in them. I personally love this aspect since Man on Fire is one of my favorite action movies.

Overall I would say unless you are planning on getting it for multiplayer, hold off until you can get it for $40-30. I mostly only got it for the single player, but I figured with the Best Buy deal it was something I was willing to spend to play it right away. There is also a big replay value for collectibles if you are into those types of things. There are 28 gold guns that you can unlock by picking up the 3 parts for each weapon. Each level has 1 or 2 guns to find parts for. There are also 58 clues to find in the game. Lastly there are 28 Grinds that you can do between Story and Arcade mode... These range from getting x amount of headshots, to x amount of kills while shoot-dodging, to toppling enemies over railings, and so on.

I'm enjoying it. The campaign is scripted, but fun. I played one round of deathmatch (the junior one) and had a lot of fun with that too. I can't wait to unlock the other multiplayer modes. I like 3rd person games more than 1st person. I find the 1st person viewpoint disorienting, and don't feel that way with 3rd person, I believe because of your viewpoint being from behind the character, which gives a better view of the proceedings. Plus I just greatly prefer being able to see my character as opposed to just other people. I think I'll be playing a lot of the multiplayer.

Like most M games these days, it's gratuitously gory which I find mildly annoying, but it's not a huge deal. I realize most people probably wouldn't even see that as a downside AT ALL. LOL.

I will start on the single player this weekend, but me and a bud played some multi last night to represent the CAG Payne crew (sorry guys, I don't think we won any of the crew wars, lol), but I have to say wow, the multiplayer was FUN! And all we did was team deathmatch, no objectives or anything, and I had a blast. The servers were down at first, but I was able to get in at around 10pm est. Was only going to play for an hour since I have work in the mornings, but ended up playing until 1am. It's very addicting.

I saw a few of the crew members on last night but it wouldn't let me join them. I assume it's because they weren't on my friends list.

I should be on tonight, since I'm considering renting it for another day thanks to getting another $1 off redbox code. If we can get a few guys together we should roll through team deathwatch as a crew.

[quote name='HydroX']I saw a few of the crew members on last night but it wouldn't let me join them. I assume it's because they weren't on my friends list.

I should be on tonight, since I'm considering renting it for another day thanks to getting another $1 off redbox code. If we can get a few guys together we should roll through team deathwatch as a crew.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'll be able to play tonight, but I should be on tomorrow night if you still have it. We should all friend up on the CAG Payne crew so we can dominate the scene! Do you have to friend up on the Rockstar Social Network or on Xbox Live? Either way, if you CAG Payne guys want to friend me on both, that'd be cool. Just mention CAG on there so I know who it is.

Anyone else order from BestBuy.com and get this?

Note: Your multi-player downloadable pack is estimated to arrive via email on or about 6/12/12.

That's really.. wow.

At least it's on its way. I can't wait to play.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone else order from BestBuy.com and get this?

That's really.. wow.

At least it's on its way. I can't wait to play.[/QUOTE]

I preordered from Best Buy in store, and got a code for a Pill Bottle add-on. I have yet to receive that [above] email though, and I highly doubt BestBuy.com and in-store had different preorder bonuses. Weird.

Somebody said, I think, that you can be in more then one crew. So what happens if a feud starts between both? Maybe you win the bonuses either way? That would be weird.

[quote name='teddybass']is CAG Payne the official cag crew or is it cheapassgamerz? they both come up when I search the crews for cag[/QUOTE]I don't know if it's official but I started CAG Payne after looking around CAG and not finding any mention of a CAG crew. Dunno who the other one is.

[quote name='crunchewy']Somebody said, I think, that you can be in more then one crew. So what happens if a feud starts between both? Maybe you win the bonuses either way? That would be weird.[/QUOTE]You can choose which crew you are repping in game however it wouldn't let me switch last night so I gained 1k XP for another crew before I left the other one to force the switch. So you can be in 5 but you represent 1 at a time.

Really liking this game. Not very far into the single player but I love the story and cutscenes so far. Maybe its just me or im not that good but its pretty challenging. Im playing on normal difficulty but the AI is pretty smart and if your not careful, you'll die quickly.

Even though im constantly dying the MP is really fun. I need to check out Gang Wars or whatever its called. I've just been doing team deathmatch.

[quote name='shotgunshine']
Even though im constantly dying the MP is really fun. I need to check out Gang Wars or whatever its called. I've just been doing team deathmatch.[/QUOTE]

GEWWWW, TDM is so boring in most games these days, i hope alot of people continue on gang wars, thats what makes this game imo. To many people just do kill, kill, kill....i want teamwork games.

bread's done
Back