McD's monopoly starts soon

[quote name='pop311']I simply don't believe you. :bs:[/quote]

Why? I rented out a P.O. Box in Vermont just for this purpose, and my mail will all be forwarded to me. I've got the cash to do it, so why not?

One of my coworkers on Monday got McDonalds for dinner, and I read over the rules for BBB this year, and they only restrict the use of more than $3 to DVDs and CDs. Has anybody tried using more than $3 on games?

Wouldn't mind getting something awesome like Okami or Lego Star Wars 2 for free or heavily discounted with BBB, so if anybody knows, I'd really appreciate it!

BBB are only on Chicken Selects and Chicken Sandwiches now, BTW, so you'll have to sacrifice the burger if you intend to score big on the bucks (I know I plan to get Chicken Selects every day I work until the promotion ends.)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']There isn't a thread on BBB here, so I figured this could jumpstart discussion of them.

And this is pretty awesome if it turns out to be true.[/QUOTE]
Actually there is one, I just dont have a link.

[quote name='Malik112099']instead of buying crappy food everyday for BBB's, why dont you use that money to buy games?[/quote]

Amen

[quote name='JasonTerminator'](I know I plan to get Chicken Selects every day I work until the promotion ends.)[/QUOTE]

I hope you watched the movie super size me

[quote name='gofishn']The grilled chicken sandwiches are really good. They are a little expensive though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the only way to get BBB this year is on the most expensive things on the menu, and that sucks.

Is it Best Buy Bucks time again? Last year there was no restriction on using them for games, from what I recall. Plus, after you used them in the store you could still use the codes online to buy stuff. Hooray for double-dipping Best Buy Bucks!

[quote name='62t']I hope you watched the movie super size me[/QUOTE]

I only work 3 days a week, buddy, and 3 meals from McDonalds a week won't destroy my liver.

EDIT: Read the full rules. It sucks that I can't use BBB on a Digital SLR camera, because I've been looking to get a Canon Digital Rebel XT.

Bastards!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I only work 3 days a week, buddy, and 3 meals from McDonalds a week won't destroy my liver.

EDIT: Read the full rules. It sucks that I can't use BBB on a Digital SLR camera, because I've been looking to get a Canon Digital Rebel XT.

Bastards![/quote]

...liver?...lol... guess u never went to college.

So has anyone tried redeeming BBB online and then again in store this time around?

If that's solid then I'm going to bust out a couple 100 SASE otherwise it's more trouble than it's worth.

Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that are photocopied, mechanically reproduced or not mailed in separate outer envelopes will NOT be honored.

Ummm... does that mean you can't use a computer and print the addresses onto the envlopes?

It depends on what you think mechanically reproduced means and how much risk you want to take since there seems to be a disagreement on it. Many people are printing the addresses using a computer, some scan their handwritten address into the computer and use that, others are writing everything by hand. I'm playing it safe and handwriting everything.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It depends on what you think mechanically reproduced means and how much risk you want to take since there seems to be a disagreement on it. Many people are printing the addresses using a computer, some scan their handwritten address into the computer and use that, others are writing everything by hand. I'm playing it safe and handwriting everything.[/quote]
I was originally thinking handwriting would be taking a chance since they would probably become less and less legible the more I did.

I can't imagine they'd toss them just because the address was printed with a computer... but if they get in as many millions as I'm sure they will, they might look for any excuse they can to deny requests. So, I guess I'll just start handwriting then.

If anyone knows about this one way or another from doing it in past years, please let me know. I may do another batch after this one if I can do them on the computer.

The reason why some people think that it's ok to use the computer this year is because the rules in 2003 specifically stated entries must be handwritten in blue ink. 2004 - 2006 rules don't say handwritten but it's still 100% not clear. I think people mentioned they used the computer last year and got their entries back but I am worried that they could always be more strict this year.

Anyone know if stamps are available on breakfast items? I know they were on hash browns, but I'm not sure about now since they're on more expensive items this time around.

I got a three piece chicken select and got a $5 piece and a free large sandwich piece. Not bad.

I'm thinking of writing some SASE's.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']LOL, I guess you didn't fucking see Super Size Me.[/quote]

Even as someone that doesn't eat McDonald's, I'll tell you that Super Size Me was bullshit. Morgan stuffed himself at every meal and consumed more than 6000 calories a day; every excess 3500 calories turns into one pound of fat. It's no wonder he gained so much weight, and his health deteroriated so much. If you eat 6000 calories of anything and you're not an endurance runner or larhe body builder, you'll turn into a fat ass.

[quote name='Doom5']Even as someone that doesn't eat McDonald's, I'll tell you that Super Size Me was bullshit. Morgan stuffed himself at every meal and consumed more than 6000 calories a day; every excess 3500 calories turns into one pound of fat. It's no wonder he gained so much weight, and his health deteroriated so much. If you eat 6000 calories of anything and you're not an endurance runner or larhe body builder, you'll turn into a fat ass.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought that movie was incredibly biased. His tests lacked any sort of scientific control, and the intention going in was to tarnish McD's image (not that it needed any help) — he basically had an agenda, a mindset that he was going to emerge from the "study" a certain way. It's all movie-making, and people took that shit so seriously.

Back on topic, you've got to be incredibly dedicated to turning a small profit to make this deal really work out for you in the long run with the new rules. And you've got to have a shitload of free time.

[quote name='Rig']I got a three piece chicken select and got a $5 piece and a free large sandwich piece. Not bad.

I'm thinking of writing some SASE's.[/QUOTE]

I would do it fast cause the game ends at the end of the month. Tons of people have already sent in 100 to 1000 request each so if your looking at doing it i would have them in the mail no later then this monday

[quote name='tototheexplorer']This topic has turned to shit. But anyway, here's a SnapFish code:

CWEXNDM7AI93[/quote]taken thank you

How do I enter the code if I already have an account?

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Best Buy Bucks are already appearing on ebay at a pretty big discount. Might just be easier to BUY some :lol:[/QUOTE]

bad thing is its against the rules to Sell or buy these , they are not protected under the protection.

So the person can say they sent you the pieces but didnt.

they keep the pieces and your money and your #$#$#$#

[quote name='crowbb']I bought a meal on my lunch break today and got a $50 instant win piece. Not bad![/QUOTE]
(taken from the Official Rules)
Fifty Dollars ($50): Five Thousand (5,000) prizes are available. Each winner will receive a check in the amount of fifty dollars ($50/each.). Odds of winning approximately 1 in 91,697.
Wow, it's no $5mil or even $50,000 but that's pretty decent luck.

If anyone gets another snapfish prints and isn't going to use it, PM it to me. I missed out on both of them posted so far (think the same guy got them both!)

[quote name='slidecage']HERE YOU GO

http://monopoly.promotions.com/monopoly06/rules.do?page=earlyflash.html

[/QUOTE]
Dear Lord in Heaven, I almost joined him just now!

I opened the link in the another tab, continued reading, and then heard this *whoosh* sound about 3 seconds later... I thought my laptop battery was exploding!!!

[quote name='pop311']Was the chance of getting a $3 BBB last year 3-in-1?[/QUOTE]In the years BB has partnered with McDs for Monopoly, I have never gotten anything more than a $1BBB. Which is odd for me, as I do occasionally win things.

[quote name='pop311']Actually their Premium Salads (w/ dressing) has more fat that a Big Mac and just as much calories. Bleh[/QUOTE]But who would put a full packet of dressing on a salad like that?! I'm only comparing to Wendy's because I've never bought a salad at McDs, but the packets at Wendy's easily have enough dressing for three salads.

[quote name='pop311']Chicken sandwhiches, that's IT for BBB's[/QUOTE]
What kind of Chicken Sammiches? I'm assuming not the $1 McChicken.

[quote name='ureadyforacold1']btw...if ur gonna make something up, pick a smaller range. its like saying, man...my moms making 150k-250k a year[/QUOTE]
What? Yours doesn't?!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I only work 3 days a week, buddy, and 3 meals from McDonalds a week won't destroy my liver.[/QUOTE]I'm sorry but I am truly LOLing over that statement. yeah... ahem... Okay maybe not your liver, but your heart and arteries. If you don't mind heart disease or dangerous cholesterol levels, or blocked arteries leading to heart attack or stroke, you're good.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']LOL, I guess you didn't fucking see Super Size Me.[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh!! You're saying you're looking to pop-culture/hollywood as a source of education?! I simply don't know where to begin...

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']If anyone gets another snapfish prints and isn't going to use it, PM it to me. I missed out on both of them posted so far (think the same guy got them both!)[/quote]

this is the last day to win the snapfish codes until nov 7th-14

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']If anyone gets another snapfish prints and isn't going to use it, PM it to me. I missed out on both of them posted so far (think the same guy got them both!)[/QUOTE]

i probally have a lot of them around nov 7 when i get 200 pieces

I think that it will be harder to win at that point because everyone will have received their mail in entries back by then. Now, they are only getting a few entries in the online game becuase it's the first week of the contest and not as many people have pieces. I hope I'm wrong though

I thought they sent those to the email I provided. The first day I played I won THREE of those picture things, but I didn't really want them. I'd give them out if I know the codes.

Has anyone tried to use the Best Buy bucks with a coupon in-store? I got a 10% off coupon in the mail and I'd like to use it together with my BBB. However, the coupon does say that it's not good in combination with other coupons or offers, but maybe someone here has had some luck with it.

^
I tried to use a Best Buy coupon last year and was not allowed to. You should try it and the worst they can do is say no, maybe you'll get a cashier who doesn't care and will let you use the coupon (unless the system won't allow it)

Thanks, I might try it, or I might just save the BBB for another purchase. The item I want to buy isn't really expensive anyway. May be more useful down the road.

[quote name='Rig']I thought they sent those to the email I provided. The first day I played I won THREE of those picture things, but I didn't really want them. I'd give them out if I know the codes.[/quote]

Yeah I "won" one free snapfish code on the online game, and instead of writing the code down, I just assumed they would send it to my email address (like they did last year). I never received an email :bomb:

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Yeah I "won" one free snapfish code on the online game, and instead of writing the code down, I just assumed they would send it to my email address (like they did last year). I never received an email :bomb:[/quote]

use the technical support form i did the same thing and they sent the e-mail with the code took about 48-72 hours to get a reply.

the direct link

http://monopoly.promotions.com/monopoly06/rules.do?page=contact.html

bread's done
Back