Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

Action Games - '10800 Zombies' to 'Shotgun Debugger' updated with back up links

MMORPGs, Browser Based Games and MMOs will not be getting back up links.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Hey Mega, you're up for best CAG community member of the year.

Also, RunMan is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

I need to give that game some more time. The good news is I ended a lot of games this pass weekend. The bad news is that updating the thread and 'DC vs Capcom vs Marvel' is taking up the rest of my gaming time to give all of these games a proper go.

Action Section is up to date. Every game has more than 1 download link except for 'Aerial Fire.' That game now comes bundled with spyware that is automatically installed. The original developer site is down.

I also fixed some other errors like me forgetting to post system requirements and typos.

I will update the other sections as time goes on.

Onward to more games!

Jelly Car

Simulation/Physics/Racing
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Weird

JellyCar is a driving/platforming game for both Windows and Xbox360. The game is about driving a squishy car through squishy worlds, trying to reach the exit. The game features soft body physics for all of the objects in the world. Also your car can transform for a limited time to aid progression through the level.

System Requirements

CPU: 500 Mhz
Video: 128 Mb
Memory: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 99.6 Mb

Download it here - http://walaber.com/

Screenshots

2wpuf6e.jpg

17sm09.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUfF75oxsJM

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
The Power
Megazell's Top Pick

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Science Fiction

The Power is a platform/adventure game with the focus on exploration and action , no puzzles . It has 5 different locations on one planet , many weapons , items , upgrades , boss fights and 2 different endings depending if you get all items or not . The graphics style and the game overall is simplistic but still I hope you have a good time.

System Requirements

CPU: 450 Mhz
Video: 16 Mb
Memory: 16 Mb
Hard Drive: 4.96 Mb

Download it here - http://alexitron.weebly.com/
or
No Heavy Download Needed - Browser Based - http://gamepirate.com/game/the-power.html

Screenshots

2iw7jpg.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0x1p86GLqE

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Space Invaders OpenGL

Shooter/Vertical
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

Space Invaders OpenGL is a 2D/3D game based on the old arcade classic in which you must destroy enemy ships by shooting them up.

Megazell's Comment - Great remake of Invaders. This game also allows you to play your MP3s in the game.

System Requirements

CPU: 600 Mhz
Video: 64 Mb
Memory: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 720 KB

Download it here - http://spaceinvadersgl.sourceforge.net/#screenshots

Screenshots

2lxuxdc.jpg

91htfb.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Website Spotlight

PC to TV - Video

So recently I've been getting PMs about connecting computers to TV. So I found a video that keeps things simple for everyone to get started.

Always refer to your video card manual for further details because most manuals have guides on this stuff. If you can not find your manual go to your video card makers site.

ATI Link - http://www.amd.com/us/

Nvidia Link - http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Info Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpfnmnS5_WQ

More Info Here - http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-connect-your-laptoppccomputer-to-your-tv/

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Megazell's Top Pick
Mondo Medicals
Megazell's Top Pick

Puzzle
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No

This game could be described as an illogical puzzle game played from a first person view, with plenty of bizarre elements. And it's downright evil. Most of the levels are designed to confuse you, and the solutions aren't always that easy to figure out.

Move around with the arrow keys and press Z to interact with stuff (There are in game instructions, but they might not be that easy to interpret). There are eight levels total, good luck beating them all!

Megazell's Comment - This game is creepy and it will piss you off. Enjoy :)

System Requirements

CPU: 700 Mhz
Video: 32 Mb
Memory: 32 Mb
Hard Drive: 3.98 Mb

Download it here - http://www.cactus-soft.co.nr/

Screenshots

2v3hlb6.jpg

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYwZO7rxQeI

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='Megazell']'DC vs Capcom vs Marvel' is taking up the rest of my gaming time to give all of these games a proper go.[/QUOTE]

It's a comic geek's wet dream.

I couldn't be happier. :D

Megazell's
Free and Legal PC Games

Here is the criteria by which I will be posting and recommending games to others.

1) The game must be 100% free and in no need of a purchase

This means no demos, mods or any other type of game that requires you to purchase something to run. It also must be legal.

2) The game must not force a user to install any software except for the game itself.

Many sites offer free games but they come bundle with tool bars and/or other software. Those won't be posted. Some game may ask for a lobby program similar to Valve's STEAM or Blizzard's Battlenet those games will be posted.

3) The games are easy to run off of the first install.

Many games are free but require you to install emulators or some type of complex editing...while these game may be great for the purpose of this thread they will not be posted.

Free and Legal PC Games
Listed By Genre
Total Games:

Games with a red color are no longer available and/or have dead links.

Action - 112 Games
10800 Zombies

2nd Encounter

Aerial Fire

AGwaK2: Darkside Adventures

Alien Abduction

Alien Breed Obliteration

Arc Aether Anomalies

Armageddon Days 2

Atomic Worm

Avalanche

BaboViolent 2

Battleship 88 - Iron Hero

Battle Tanks

Bloodmasters

Bullets Of A Revolver

Burn 2

Carpe Universum

Castlevania Quest

Cauldron

Cave Story

Chalk

Cloud Kingdom 3

Code Name Sailor V

Conflict Arcade

Counter Strike 2D

Death Rally

Dracula's Shadow

Dungeon Chaos

Eternal Daughter

Facewound

Furry 2

Focus

Frozzd

Galactic Gladiator

Galaxian 2007

Galshell 2 Bullet Rain

Gang Garrison 2

GENETOS

GLTron

Goldeneye 2D

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

GunDude

GunGirl

Halo Zero

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe

Hurrican

Iji

Intercept

I'M OK!

Invaders! Possibly From Space.

Iwanaga

I Want To Be The Guy

Kapitan Binarny

Karnn Age

Knytt Stories

LBreakOut2

Legend of Princess

Lost Ship

Merry Gear Solid: Secret Santa

Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghost Of Christmas Past

Megabot

Meritous

Neo-Sonic Godspeed

Neva

No More Plumbers

Notrium

Ocular Ink

OnEscapee

Open Sonic

Prototype II

Pteroglider

Return of Egypt

Return To Sector 9

Robocop 2D

Robocop VS Terminator 2D 2

Robocop 2D 3

rRootage

RunMan: Race Around The World

Satan Sam

Secret Maryo Chronicles

Seven Minutes

Shotgun Debugger

Silver Wings

Soldat

Space Invaders OpenGL

Spelunky

Squid 2: Squid Harder

Squid Yes Not So Octopus

Star Wars

Storm Assault

Streets Of Rage Remake

Super Mario Blue Twilight DX

Super Vampire Ninja Zero

Survival Crisis Z

TAGAP

The Power

Theseus - Return of the Hero

Transdimensional Hellspider

Treasure Hunter Man

Tumiki Fighters

Ultimate Bruce Lee

Varia

Vivid Conceptions

Warning Forever

Weave 3D

Wings of Fury

Wormux

Xenon 2000

XSynergy Gate

Zombie Smashers X

Zombpoclaypse

Adventure - 9 Games
Fighting - 17 Games
First Person Shooter - 52 Games
Flight - 4 Games
MMORPG - 46 Games
Music - 5 Games
Puzzle - 4 Games
Racing - 7 Games
Real Time Strategy - 15 Games
RPG - 18 Games
Simulation - 19 Games
Sports - 13 Games
Third Person Shooter - 9 Games
Turn Based Strategy - 10 Games
Unique - 7 Games
SPOTLIGHTS
Sites and programs for PC gaming

Can't seem to get Streets of Rage to run in Win7. I double-click the executable and get an Italian (?) message that says can't open the .dat

=\

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Can't seem to get Streets of Rage to run in Win7. I double-click the executable and get an Italian (?) message that says can't open the .dat

=\[/QUOTE]

Going to run it on a Win 7 machine at the center and see how it goes. I will get back to you when I can :)

[quote name='katwild']how can we download these games from youtube?? can any body help[/QUOTE]

What? Why would you expect to download a game from youtube?

[quote name='katwild']how can we download these games from youtube?? can any body help[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']What? Why would you expect to download a game from youtube?[/QUOTE]

High schools are failing.

eu0sgm.jpg

Coal

Action/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Fantasy

This challenging platformer that will have you glued to the screen until you can just beat... one... more... LEVEL!

Your objective is to collect all of the keys and get to the door without being trampled, blown up, impaled, shot, or otherwise decimated. (This is a nonviolent game, just some pretty explanations for you. In other words, avoid the guards, mines, spikes, guns, and whatever else looks like it might be hungry for a little cute blob.)

The game has 100 levels and a boss, plenty of content for you to do some fancy footwork through. If that's not enough though, included is the level editor that the developers used to create the levels! Make a few and show them to your friends, upload playthroughs of them to Youtube, or post them in the new Member Content forum.

System Requirements

CPU: 800 Mhz
Hard Drive: 10.1 Mb

Download it here - http://shadypixel.webs.com/coal.htm

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6amSR-5Iec

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Bombie Zombie

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Waddle back and forth, laying land mines and killing as many zombies with them as possible, while trying not to get damaged by them yourself. Grab the falling color changing squares to get upgrades.

Blue: Extra mine
Red: Extra bombs
Yellow: Extra health

Bombs are pieces of shrapnel that fly out of mines and explode to cause even more damage!

Watch out for "disasters". Each one has some way to tell its happening in time to avoid getting damaged, so pay attention!

System Requirements

Hard Drive: 3.00 Mb

Download it here - http://shadypixel.webs.com/bz.htm

Screenshots

33awaa8.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='rumarudrathas']We need to put together a DDO guild here sometime... Being a meat-wall without an access to a walking bandage is really a detriment to my dungeon diving.

Hmm, I could always get a hireling or 4, if I want to spend the money for the upgrade.

Oh, can I ask something Megazell? Have you/Ever considered dipping into your wallet and pay for cash-items for the MMO's/microtransaction games that you play?

I'm thinking about doing that for DDO since I see it as supporting the developers and such (that, and I'm an impatient bastard who needs some XP boosting potions NOW!). Thought about doing the same for Dragonica when I was heavy into that, and seeing as Crime Craft has one of the cheapest monthly subscriptions I've seen in an non-kiddy mmo, might even toss a month or three of basic service.[/QUOTE]

Going on this - I am going to post game nights with 'Free And Legal PC Games' in this thread.

Friday - 01/29/10 - 8:30 PM EST
Dungeon and Dragons Online
Server - Sarlona
Meet up will be on Xfire

If you want in post your Xfire name so we can organize.

Probably going to go Rogue.

[quote name='Megazell']Did you try JoyToKey?[/QUOTE]
I finally made it to the main menu through random keyboard strokes and turned on Joypad support in controls.

Streets of Rage Remake brings back good old memories. I plan to play this remake from beginning to end. It seems to have a lot of loving craft behind it.

I was a little disappointed with the Marvel vs DC MUGEN because it is pretty buggy and mostly beta. Right off the bat (uhhh I was playing Batman) Aquaman used his Dolphin-o-phile ultra and we were caught in a constant loop of that ocean animation. I read Batman's read-me and he's barely even put together it seems.

I canNOT say enough about Spelunky. This game is a true delight. This is what games are made of. You play a while, die. And then you learn something and you play some more. It's just like Mario. You keep coming back and reliving the adventure.

Mega- you said you liked you some comics games. Any ideas if there are PC versions of any of the following?
These are all Sega genesis games
Captain America and the Avengers
X-Men
Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage
1058775292-00.jpg

But most importantly
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows Over Mystara

I have downloaded two files from brothersoft lets see what the hell this is.. here is another link http://www.fantasyanime.com/valhalla/ddarcade_downloads.htm

Most of all of these games are Streets of Rage style beat-em-ups. I remember my brother and I beat D&D Tower of Doom in one sitting...err standing.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I finally made it to the main menu through random keyboard strokes and turned on Joypad support in controls.

Streets of Rage Remake brings back good old memories. I plan to play this remake from beginning to end. It seems to have a lot of loving craft behind it.

I was a little disappointed with the Marvel vs DC MUGEN because it is pretty buggy and mostly beta. Right off the bat (uhhh I was playing Batman) Aquaman used his Dolphin-o-phile ultra and we were caught in a constant loop of that ocean animation. I read Batman's read-me and he's barely even put together it seems.

I canNOT say enough about Spelunky. This game is a true delight. This is what games are made of. You play a while, die. And then you learn something and you play some more. It's just like Mario. You keep coming back and reliving the adventure.

Mega- you said you liked you some comics games. Any ideas if there are PC versions of any of the following?
X-Men
1058775292-00.jpg

But most importantly

I have downloaded two files from brothersoft lets see what the hell this is.. here is another link http://www.fantasyanime.com/valhalla/ddarcade_downloads.htm

Most of all of these games are Streets of Rage style beat-em-ups. I remember my brother and I beat D&D Tower of Doom in one sitting...err standing.[/QUOTE]

Kega or Gens+ are both very good Genesis emulators. Get those and you can play them on a pc. Those D&D games are arcade games, right? Install MAME to play those. I won't tell you where to get the roms for all those games. But you do know how to use Google, right? ;)

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I finally made it to the main menu through random keyboard strokes and turned on Joypad support in controls.

X-Men
1058775292-00.jpg

But most importantly

Most of all of these games are Streets of Rage style beat-em-ups. I remember my brother and I beat D&D Tower of Doom in one sitting...err standing.[/QUOTE]

SoRR is great! I played it a few times with my kid.

DC vs Capcom vs Marvel has not had any bugs for me yet. I have not fought Aquaman yet though. I will put it on Watch Mode and see what happens.

That game is great also.

Yes, there are many out that are free via emulation and roms but they are not legal, hence I won't be posting them. I am ever on the lookout for free and legal versions though.

I am going to take a look at these when I can.

Well it seems that the ones I've found are all ROMS which is disappointing. Part of the appeal of the SoRR is that it is double-click the executable and GO!!!!

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Well it seems that the ones I've found are all ROMS which is disappointing. Part of the appeal of the SoRR is that it is double-click the executable and GO!!!![/QUOTE]

That's why I posted it.

I have a ton of ROMs and such but with this post I am trying to aim for a more legal route of free gaming.

Zelda Classic

RPG
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly
Gamepad Support - Yes

Zelda Classic is a tribute to (what we think is) the greatest video game of all time: Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda. It has been developed into an exact replica of the NES version that we all know and love. Beyond that, Zelda Classic allows the development of new quests that can use either the traditional graphics or enhanced graphics, as well as new enemies, items, and challenges.

Though it was started as a basic Legend of Zelda clone by programmer Phantom Menace in April of 1999, Zelda Classic has grown into something much bigger in the past few years. A full LOZ replica was achieved by June of 2000, with Zelda Classic version 1.84, but the story didn't end there. Although Phantom Menace moved on to other projects, Fans of Zelda Classic wanted more.

Fast forward to after about a year of searching for a new programmer, when Dark Nation comes to Armageddon Games, and breathes new life into what seemed like a dying beast. Within weeks, a new version of Zelda Classic is released, and it's popularity soars. Zelda Classic 1.90, introduced a list of new features, and with it's addition to Download.com, Armageddon Games is flooded with about 3000+ new members in a manner of months!

After three years of waiting, and many new features being added to ZC behind closed doors, it finally seems like a new version of Zelda Classic is on the horizon. Now in final development and testing, the next version of Zelda Classic is sure to please gamers and creators, and introduce a new generation to the greatest game of all time, The Legend of Zelda.

System Requirements

CPU: 166 Mhz
Hard Drive: 5.43 Mb

Download it here - http://www.purezc.com/

Screenshots

2ec3z82.jpg

2upcrc6.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']How are these Marvel Vs Capcoms and Sonics and big name "fan-art" games supposed to be legal? Are they overlooked, ignored, or "OK-ed"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Megazell']So long as no one is selling them or making money off of them in anyway...It's legal.

Some companies have the right to take action against them but stopped several years ago and it was called 'fan-art.'

Now if you are hosting them on a site and that site has ads. The companies will move in with the 'cease and desist' order.

Hence, why all the hosting is off site on free services.

http://fightersgeneration.com/features/mugen.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChernobylCow']This is an interesting page to learn more about MUGEN games if you don't know anything about them like me. http://fightersgeneration.com/features/mugen.html[/QUOTE]

You asked that question about it a long time ago. I responded with that same link.

You just activated....

2le0z1v.jpg

[quote name='ChernobylCow']How do you know that I wasn't just bringing the link up to say that it was a good read and that I agreed with you? ;)

16985624_ce474fe76e.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I'm intrigued by DC vs Capcom vs Marvel because it seems to be more polished than the DC vs Marvel you have posted but the download mirrors seem to be down. Megaupload just stops and the other one gave me 3 corrupted files.

Here's the games "official" site: Amit Dabydeen's Mugen Page!!

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I'm intrigued by DC vs Capcom vs Marvel because it seems to be more polished than the DC vs Marvel you have posted but the download mirrors seem to be down. Megaupload just stops and the other one gave me 3 corrupted files.

Here's the games "official" site: Amit Dabydeen's Mugen Page!![/QUOTE]

Hmm. The links are the same from the offical site.

The mega's I posted are different because I upload the hi-res config file edited so that others don't have to do any tinkering.

EDIT - Just tested both links to 'DC vs Capcom vs Marvel' - They both work with no problem.

[quote name='Megazell']EDIT - Just tested both links to 'DC vs Capcom vs Marvel' - They both work with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I guess I'm just unlucky. MegaUploads is timing out for me and starts off with a super long download time. Maybe I'll just try tomorrow.

Your second link has the file named Part01 at the end and the official site has Part01-05...is there something to that?

Harmony

First Person Shooter
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - No
Netbook Friendly

Theme: Horror

Harmony is a computer first person shooter game made by Thomas van der Velden. It uses the Zdoom engine (which was made to mimic/ enhance id Software's Doom2 engine). The game features 11 maps, high resolution sprites and an MP3 soundtrack by Kyū.

System Requirements

CPU: 450 Mhz
Hard Drive: 57.8 Mb

Download it here - http://rabotik.nl/harmony.htm

Screenshots

2r7y687.jpg

2ztgabt.jpg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']Ugh, I guess I'm just unlucky. MegaUploads is timing out for me and starts off with a super long download time. Maybe I'll just try tomorrow.

Your second link has the file named Part01 at the end and the official site has Part01-05...is there something to that?[/QUOTE]

Check your browser and make sure it does not have a download manager or anything like that to interfere with the dl.

The Mediafire link is from the main site and is broken into parts you can dl them in a chain or 1 at a time. Whatever is best for your connection.

[quote name='Megazell']
Going on this - I am going to post game nights with 'Free And Legal PC Games' in this thread.

Friday - 01/29/10 - 8:30 PM EST
Dungeon and Dragons Online
Server - Sarlona
Meet up will be on Xfire

If you want in post your Xfire name so we can organize.

Probably going to go Rogue.
[/QUOTE]

I'll see how open I am tomorrow night (trying to put together my Grad School Application), but if anything, I'll roll a "battle-cleric".

I'll post an x-fire name when I sign up for a new account, or find out my old login info.

Going to give Beyond Protocol a try since I see you have no review for it.

UPDATE: Man the interface is bad... Not saying I'm a beast at RTS but it's clumsy and confusing just to build up the base. This is to be removed immediately from my HDD.

I'm down for DDO, DLing client now.

Xfire: kamui34

Last edited by a moderator:
DCvCapcomvMarvel is nice looking. I've never been a big fan of 2-D fighters. Though, I did have a lot of fun with Dc vs Mortal Kombat on 360. Crossovers can be wacky and fun. The sound effects are not so great from what little I've seen. Music default is way too loud.

[quote name='kamui34']Going to give Beyond Protocol a try since I see you have no review for it.

UPDATE: Man the interface is bad... Not saying I'm a beast at RTS but it's clumsy and confusing just to build up the base. This is to be removed immediately from my HDD.

I'm down for DDO, DLing client now.

Xfire: kamui34[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of Free games that I play really really suck. So I don't post them.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']DCvCapcomvMarvel is nice looking. I've never been a big fan of 2-D fighters. Though, I did have a lot of fun with Dc vs Mortal Kombat on 360. Crossovers can be wacky and fun. The sound effects are not so great from what little I've seen. Music default is way too loud.[/QUOTE]

With all Mugen games you have to tailor them to your needs.

Personally, I lower the music to under the sfx sound. Game speed is 'Fast 1' and Difficulty is 'Hard 6.' I also upload some of my own characters too.

Anamaton

Shooter/Platformer
Single Player - No
Multiplayer - Yes
Gamepad Support - Yes

Anamaton is a hotseat action platformer
You can have up to 4 Players
You can be on teams, or fight each other independently
When you collect money from kills, you can spend the money on shops and buy vehicles, structures, and more ammo for your favorite weapons.
There are 5 different environments, each with a variety of stages.
There are 4 different game types.
It has joystick support.
You can use 73 different weapons and equippable items.

System Requirements

CPU: 1.0 Ghz
Video: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 7.37 Mb

Download it here - http://teknopants.com/games/anamaton/

Gameplay Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx9UABZAApg

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
Silver Knights

Simulation/Mecha
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Silver Knights is a fantastic 3D mech game that allows you to fight against other mechanical beasts. You choose your team and then select one of seven fighting mechs to pilot. You can fully customize your mech and make it your own with upgrades, power ups and combos.

System Requirements

Video: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 25.9 Mb

Download it here - http://guotommy.webs.com/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlqxPvW7zc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ozZVtRWYkE

--> Click Here!

Last edited:
[quote name='ChernobylCow']I love DND but that Dragon raid video turned me off. I'll stick to infinity engine games.[/QUOTE]

What about the Dragon raid did you dislike?

My favorite game from Bioware's Infinity Engine was 'Planescape: Torment' to this day it's one of the few RPGs that made me think outside of the box to solve some of it complex puzzles and get it's multiple endings.

bread's done
Back