Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

Wow, quite the disaster. I didn't preorder the LE anywhere because I had it preordered at GS.com since 2/02. NOW it's coming up as backordered.

This is ridiculous. I'll be calling them as soon as I get back from class.

What the hell was the point of preordering online if it just comes up as backordered!? Idiots.

I know it hasn't shipped yet because my credit card hasn't been billed yet. Ugh.

[quote name='Starky27']Called again this morning. Was told my copy would be shipped this afternoon...[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone and I was told the same. we shall see.

Ok, I called customer service just now, the rep told me that they did not order enough (no shit?) and more should be coming, though she told me to call tomorrow as more should be known then.

So yeah, it doesn't look good. But there's still a glimmer of hope, unlike with the Shadow Hearts bonus, which most of us getting in on that "deal" got fucked.

I hate Gamestop.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']What I've been able to gleen over this thread, (some) people from the N & NE parts of the US have gotten their LE(s) shipped [WI,VA,CN]. This gives further credience to the multiple warehouse theory.

Not a large enough sample, by far. But it seems that people from the South and West are ending up with backorders.[/quote]
Not that I want to be one to confuse things, though mine appears to have shipped.

They packed it up and attached the label yesterday, and it's off in the hands of UPS this morning. Supposed to arrive on 03/17, going 3-day select, which makes me think it's going to show up tomorrow. Also coming from Indianapolis, and going to St. Louis, MO.

Mine was ordered on 02/02, and as we all know, my Saga disc showed up a few weeks ago.

Guess this is one for the Midwest showing that it shipped.

[quote name='willardhaven']So basically hopes of getting an LE copy are 0 if I did not preorder?[/QUOTE]
pretty much, each store is getting about 1 or 2 copies.

F Gamestop! First I got screwed over the bundleless Xbox 360 they sent me an order confirmation for during xmas and now this.

Only reason I ordered from GS.com was that I'm extremely busy and didn't want to hassle with picking up a pre-order within their small window of pickup, plus EB.com didn't have the LE set up right on their site at the time GS.com did.

Otherwise, it's been easy as can be for me. I'm sorry that others aren't having such luck.

[quote name='willardhaven']So basically hopes of getting an LE copy are 0 if I did not preorder?[/QUOTE]

considering those of us who preordered and may not get them my guess would be no hopes at all.

I pre-ordered 2/19 and got both the disk and the game shipped yesterday. I have no idea why mine would shipped before some of yours.

All of you need to start calling up all your EB / GS's, I made a post in the other thread about how they are getting very limited extras.

[quote name='Over easy']I pre-ordered 2/19 and got both the disk and the game shipped yesterday. I have no idea why mine would shipped before some of yours.[/quote]

Bleh this is such crap.. I ordered LE on 2/2 and haven't gotten a thing.. now I see backordered.. lame! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

my package is also being shipped from indi. and somehow i got three day select and i don't know how that happen. i remember using the link the the CAG website , is that free three day select? oh and i order my copy on 3/01/06

ok ok i kid i kid i ordered mine on 2/19

I didnt preorder a LE and i got one. Like Roufuss said just call your local EB/Gamestop and see if they got any. Even if the store didnt have preorders they will still get one or two copies in. The EB closest to me got one copy in. The store had no preorders. So there is still hope

I just called (was only on hold for 30+ min) and they said they are shipping mine out this afternoon and that I'll get a conformation email soon afterwards.

I asked why the status says "backordered" and she told me that what it says for people who just tried pre-ordering the game recently. When I said that I pre-ordered the day they went on sale and that doesn't make sense to why I'm seeing it on my invoice, she didn't even fucking respond. So I just said, "Thanks, bye.". I was probably her thousandth call today about the Metal Gear LE and was probably annoyed about people calling for it, but still.... :roll:

fuck this, even if I do get my game, I'm never buying another game from Gamestop as long as I live. I'm feed up with their unreliability and rude customer service. There are plenty of other stores around here that I can buy my games from.

[quote name='norkusa']I just called (was on hold for 30+ min) and they said they are shipping mine out this afternoon and that I'll get a conformation email soon afterwards....[/quote]

I just got off the the phone with them also and they told me to call back tomorrow because they will find out how many they are going to get in at the end of today. When I asked her what my chances were of getting one she said she had no idea which doesn't fill me with hope. How retarded are the people running this company if they ship first to the people who order last??? I doubt I will order from them ever again too if this is the way they want to run things.

They also said the preorder bonus disc is shipping w/ the game, but that sounds like bs to me since people have been recieving them well before they got their games.. I'm betting they ran out already though I hope that isn't the case.

I've been told by 3 managers (1 EB, 2 GS) now, (not that that is always the best judge of truth), that every store only received 2 LE's no matter how many were preordered. So take that with a grain of salt. And I can finalyl breathe a sigh of relief because I grabbed mine, best of luck to everyone else. Sadly, I was told they didn't get any preorder dvds, but beggars can't be choosers.

I just got off the phone with them, and the CS representative I talked to said they didn't get enough to fulfill their preorders and they expect to be restocked on this product on the 23rd. Bummer.....but as long as I get it I'll be happy. I don't mind too much waiting an extra week.

EDIT: To me it looks like Konami initially concentrated on produing the regular editions over the LEs. I don't see any reason that Konami & GameStop shouldn't be able to fulfill their preorders, it's not like it's the same situation as with the Xbox 360.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I've been told by 3 managers (1 EB, 2 GS) now, (not that that is always the best judge of truth), that every store only received 2 LE's no matter how many were preordered.[/QUOTE]

Its either not true, or that's just your region.

One EB here got in 5 total, 4 for preorders and one extra, another EB got in 4 total, 3 for preorders and one extra.

Some EB's / GS's didn't receive any at all. I know you are kind of doubting the managers too, but I'm just throwing this out there for everyone still... trying to keep hope alive :)

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I just got off the phone with them, and the CS representative I talked to said they didn't get enough to fulfill their preorders and they expect to be restocked on this product on the 23rd. Bummer.....but as long as I get it I'll be happy. I don't mind too much waiting an extra week.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind either if I knew it were true but CSRs aren't the most reliable people.

[quote name='OGHowie']I wouldn't mind either if I knew it were true but CSRs aren't the most reliable people.[/quote]

I would tend to believe her since she looked up and got that information from her computer while I was on the phone with her, and not just blurted out some random date from the top of her head. Its GameStop distribution system that seems to be the weak link here.

I just picked up my LE copy, there is still four copies left (probably all preoreders). I also saw a used copy of Phoenix Wright there, but since I already own it I passed.

I sped like a motherfucker to Gamecrazy today and I successfully obtained the Limited Edition. Hell fucking yes. It's a box that's the same size as what Shin Megami Tensei: DDS Deluxe had and it looks badass. I haven't even opened it yet... can't fucking wait to start this though.

I didn't get the Saga DVD though... my Gamecrazy didn't get it in yet or something... does djkunai or anyone know if Gamecrazy's even getting the Saga disc, or do I have to obtain it somewhere else?

So mayny Subsitence threads, haha. Maybe someone in this one knows:

Anyone care to explain why on earth the Snake Eater movie is on a PS2 disc and not a DVD?

During my history with CAG, I have NEVER seen a game so highly sought after yet so difficult to find THE DAY OF LAUNCH.

Insanity, thy name is MGS: Subsistence LE. Hail!

Just thought I'd throw out this heads up to the Gamestop.com buyers:

Someone over at GAF mentioned his status went from backordered to processing today, I checked and mine did too. Another poster said his was still the same. That's on both the LE and MG Saga DVD.

I fired off an e-mail to gamestop this morning wondering what was going on, I don't know if that had anything to do with this change or not. We'll see if it ships out today, so it's worth checking for you other guys that bought from GS.com

Oh, I ordered on 2/2

Well my order changed from backorder to processing. So I'll probably get mine, still this is bullshit though. I don't think I'll preorder again from gamestop. We preorder so early (2/2) and still waiting for it, while other order so late are already recieve it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']During my history with CAG, I have NEVER seen a game so highly sought after yet so difficult to find THE DAY OF LAUNCH.

Insanity, thy name is MGS: Subsistence LE. Hail![/QUOTE]

Frailty, thy name is finding that goddamn LE

At the very least, MGS LE has been far more exciting than any release to come out in years... maybe ever. The sheer satisfaction of getting the game knowing that it's really limited is awesome. And when there's shit like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Gear-Soli...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

well...

[quote name='Chowder']Just thought I'd throw out this heads up to the Gamestop.com buyers:

Someone over at GAF mentioned his status went from backordered to processing today, I checked and mine did too. Another poster said his was still the same. That's on both the LE and MG Saga DVD.

I fired off an e-mail to gamestop this morning wondering what was going on, I don't know if that had anything to do with this change or not. We'll see if it ships out today, so it's worth checking for you other guys that bought from GS.com

Oh, I ordered on 2/2[/QUOTE]

Mine is still backordered (2/9)!

I think I'll try to email them.

[quote name='Roufuss']$90 already...?

Having second thoughts about keeping mine...[/QUOTE]

Bah, I'll be a Metal Gear whore till the end... Yeah, that's a $50 profit, but I'd rather have my LE.

Damn, mine is still backordered. Someone on GFAQs said that if the Backordered didn't change to processing or shipped, then we're out of luck and have to wait un til the 23rd. If so, **** Gamestop. I'm never ordering from them again.

[quote name='OGHowie']I don't have problems with people making $ on eBay.

But I do have problems with Gamestop taking $ for preorders they might not fulfill.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop's a useless establishment... it's not like this is the first time they've done something like this... in fact, they do it with absolutely every system release. Why people bother with them is something I'll never understand.

[quote name='62t']wow I was right in saying that this could be the rarest game in the history of gaming.[/QUOTE]

Please. There are many games that have had print runs in 1,000-2,000 range. Although it's hard to get right now, there is no way the LE was printed up in that limited quantity. I'd say more like 50,000 but it's still too early to tell.

[quote name='norkusa']Please. There are many games that have had print runs in 1,000-2,000 range. Although it's hard to get right now, there is no way the LE was printed up in that limited quantity. I'd say more like 50,000 but it's still too early to tell.[/QUOTE]
most games with limited print are not sold out before it is release. Even a game with a first shipment of 5000, like spikeout, can be found in day one. a game might have smaller print, but they are still easy to find.

J. Christ!!!!!!! $160 total? Still not motivated to sell my LE...

And with a game like Spikeout, the game could be found easily because nobody had heard of it and it was trash.

bread's done
Back