Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tustin store is completely out of 1600 ones; someone cleaned them out. I got the last two, and one of them was marked like it was a 4000 pt card. Hopefully they get more in.

There are plenty of 4000 ones, at least 25.

I picked up 5 1600 points from the Columbus, Ohio location. They were behind the counter and the guy had to go in the back for one of them so I couldn't tell how many were left.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I called the chicago stores. They one off 90/94 only had 4000 point cards in and the other was completely out of stock. They are expecting some back in though. I'm looking to pick up about 6 1600 but if other chicago cags are in the market as well we should let each other know what the sit rep on the Microcenters is.[/QUOTE]

I bought the last three 1600 cards at the Chicago store a few hours ago. I don't remember seeing the 4000 point cards. Or maybe they just didn't have the lower price stickers on 'em.

I went to the Microcenter in Westbury, New York. Yesterday around 8pm and they had around 10 behind the cashier in the game section. I picked up 4 and my girlfriend picked up 3. When i asked the gentleman to give me 7 he commented to himself that he would need to get some more to put from the ones we took. So i am assuming they have a stock in the back. No taxes were charged and price was at 12.99 for each.. for 4 it came out to like 51 bucks.

P.S. I was shocked there was a person in the games section, usually no one is around to help when i go there. Good luck to everyone. I might go tomorrow again and pick up one more.

[quote name='rockman1117']The Tustin store is completely out of 1600 ones; someone cleaned them out. I got the last two, and one of them was marked like it was a 4000 pt card. Hopefully they get more in.

There are plenty of 4000 ones, at least 25.[/QUOTE]

wow i was there earlier today around 2 and they had at least 20 or 30 of them... +1 for the hoarder

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned the Madison Heights MI store (Detroit area) yet. I stopped in there Monday evening, they had a whole bunch of 1600 point cards, clearly labled as $12.99, and a few of the 3-month/400 point/headset combo boxes, also clearly labled as $12.99. The point cards are all in blister packs behind the games counter, and quite a few of them clearly had blockbuster price tags on them, so I can confirm that they apparently bought quite a bit of Blockbuster liquidation stock. For that matter, they also had several Rock Band 1 sets, along with some stand-alone drums and guitars, which also had old Blockbuster tags on them.

[quote name='rockman1117']The Tustin store is completely out of 1600 ones; someone cleaned them out. I got the last two, and one of them was marked like it was a 4000 pt card. Hopefully they get more in.

There are plenty of 4000 ones, at least 25.[/QUOTE]

Wow sweet, I had a friend pick me up 3 of em last night around 7'ish :x Made it just in time I guess :D

[quote name='ITDEFX']Confirmed at the Microcenter in Fairfax.. They had a shopping cart behind the counter...and of course the dude didn't know they were on sale. Anyone looking for the halo soundtracks that are on sale...well they are located behind other shit behind the counter. Picked up 2 cards and saw about 20 or so.
Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Today they had at least 150+ 1600 point cards pegged up and marked at $12.99. They had a bunch of the 3 month cards and starter kits too for the same prices everyone is reporting.

Saved me the hassle of trying to do the B2G1 free at TRU...and still a little cheaper anyways.

Went to the Tustin Microcenter and picked up a 4000 card. They still had like 10-15 along with a lot of those 3 month live cards. I looked in their in store inventory check and it said they still had like 30 4000 cards and 20 some 1600 cards. I looked all over their gaming section and couldn't find any though. Of course there was no one manning the station so I couldn't even ask them to check the back.

Anyway, they still have a few 4000 cards at $39.99 and I don't think they're charging tax on them like Dell does.

Edit:I had to go back there again to return something else I bought. I had one of the guys check back, he couldn't find any 1600 cards. He told me yesterday that people were coming in and buying 5-10 at a time. He was a little surprised that there weren't any left on the wall. Missed it again due to hoarders I suppose.

Madison Heights, MI has a ton of 1600 pt cards and plenty of 4000 pt though the 4000 pt card is a crappy deal.* The clerk said that after the initial price mistake of $9.99 sold so well (ya think?) MC decided to bump them to $12.99 and he *thinks* this may be a permanent price, though wouldn't guarantee it. He said they're getting a case a day, so they'll be stocked for the foreseeable future.

* 4000 pts. for $40 or 4800 pts. (1600 x 3) for $39. Duh. Anyone buying the 4000 pt cards should have their CAG badges stripped. They aren't charging tax, either

Do the point cards that hang on the wall have to be activated by scanning each on at the register? I need to buy a bunch but don't feel like standing at the register all day..

I hit up Tustin on Sunday around noon. Picked up 8 1600 cards on my way to San Diego (I live in Orange County, used to live in San Diego), 2 for me and 2 each for 3 friends. I slid 8 off of the metal rack and took them to the register. The woman demagnetized the safety tags on all of them then rang the top one up and changed the quantity to 8 (8x12.99). I got to my car, checked the bag, and sandwiched in between the 1600 cards was a 4000 msp card. Scorrrrrrrrrrrrrre!

[quote name='TortillaSoup']I hit up Tustin on Sunday around noon. Picked up 8 1600 cards on my way to San Diego (I live in Orange County, used to live in San Diego), 2 for me and 2 each for 3 friends. I slid 8 off of the metal rack and took them to the register. The woman demagnetized the safety tags on all of them then rang the top one up and changed the quantity to 8 (8x12.99). I got to my car, checked the bag, and sandwiched in between the 1600 cards was a 4000 msp card. Scorrrrrrrrrrrrrre![/QUOTE]

That seems pretty dirty. ;) Still, that's pretty nice!

[quote name='Robb']If someone has an extra 4000 or 3x 1600... I could send payment via PayPal. PM me.[/QUOTE]Doesn't Chicagoland have two MCs? I've been to one of them once.

anyone have luck at the micro center in strafford/wayne, pa? it's a good 40 minutes away from me (philly) but if it's worth it i'll make the trip.

[quote name='180husher']Thanks for the heads up. Today they had at least 150+ 1600 point cards pegged up and marked at $12.99. They had a bunch of the 3 month cards and starter kits too for the same prices everyone is reporting.

Saved me the hassle of trying to do the B2G1 free at TRU...and still a little cheaper anyways.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, think I'll be stopping by tomorrow.

Does anyone know how much The Ballad of Gay Tony will be going for?

Update: I assume the same price Lost and the Damned was released at (1600 points)?

Hopefully they have some left when I get there tomorrow.

[quote name='Duffz']Do the point cards that hang on the wall have to be activated by scanning each on at the register? I need to buy a bunch but don't feel like standing at the register all day..[/QUOTE]Nope, it isn't like a gift card that has to be activated. Takes about a second to scan, like any other item.

Picked up the last of the 1600pt cards(atleast out on display) at the Sharonville/Cinci location last night, not sure if they have more in the back. Plenty of 3mo XBL and XBL(1mo XBL, 400pt & headset) kits left. =]

Have the following for sale(PAYPAL):

1600pt x2 - SOLD
3mo XBL - SOLD

First come first serve. PM Me

so all of their stores are selling them at this price mmmm wonder if downtown chicago has any--might check it out around 7pm post what i find if i do, or maybe i should just call?

i'm going back to the sterling heights location on sunday, i'll post back later that day with my findings

EDIT: or someone could give me an update on that location so I may not have to waste a trip?

Duffz, I went to the Rockville store on Tuesday and they had about 30 of the 1600 points cards in the video game section. Blockbuster sticker residue on them, and the back of the cards say they expire in June 2009. $12.99 each. I picked up two.

Anyone try the Long Island NY store??
its 45 minutes away from me (without traffic), and I dont wanna waste 2 hours to find out they dont got shit.

I went to the Fairfax, VA store yesterday and there were at least 70+ cards left. Likely closer to 100. They were properly marked and shelf tagged @ 12.99. Just grabbed 3 for myself.

I wish there was a microcenter in my state - and anyone that picks up an extra couple 1600 pt cards, I will re-imburse immediately including reasonable gas/time charges.

[quote name='sickle']Anyone try the Long Island NY store??
its 45 minutes away from me (without traffic), and I dont wanna waste 2 hours to find out they dont got shit.[/QUOTE]

Sickie, i went to the Westbury LI one in NY this week, Monday and Tuesday. I picked up 5 on Monday and there were around 8-10 in the shelve. My girlfriend picked up 2 as well. There was a guy there and he commented when he was giving the 7 to us that he will need to take out more. There were like 2-3 when we left. I came back on Tuesday and decided to buy 2 more and there shelve was stocked again with around 10. It seems that they have enough stock. Hopefully no one has cleaned them out since tuesday. They were 12.99 each.

Madison Heights was cleaned out it seems. They are out of stock. I assume it was probably one jerk that bought all of them to re-sell on Ebay / CL. F**king horders..

WEZ

Just came from the Microcenter in Westbury New york. They had 3 left, i took 2 more and 1 was left. Im sure they will restock them though as i have gone 3 times and they have restocked them every time i come back.

[quote name='wezzul']Madison Heights was cleaned out it seems. They are out of stock. I assume it was probably one jerk that bought all of them to re-sell on Ebay / CL. F**king horders..

WEZ[/QUOTE]
This was just reposted to Slickdeals at 4:30pm. Expect the hoarders to descend on every location tomorrow.

Should I call before going tomorrow? I don't want to waste my time going to a store I've never been to if they aren't going to have anything. My store's in NJ anyone know anything?

First Come First Serve.

1600pt x4 - SOLD

Looks like the Sharonville/Cinci location is putting some out as it runs out every day, they had plenty of 1600pt, 3mo and XBL kits as of yesterday.

I'll be near the MC in Rockville tomorrow (Sunday), so if I see any point cards I'll post as soon as I can.

Oh, and a word of advice with the scratch-off ones. I scratched one a little too hard recently, damaging some of the code. Called MS and told them I couldn't complete the code and gave them the registration number off of the back, but they told me I was SOL. Still trying to decipher it now, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

[quote name='Evil Herbivore']I'll be near the MC in Rockville tomorrow (Sunday), so if I see any point cards I'll post as soon as I can.

Oh, and a word of advice with the scratch-off ones. I scratched one a little too hard recently, damaging some of the code. Called MS and told them I couldn't complete the code and gave them the registration number off of the back, but they told me I was SOL. Still trying to decipher it now, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing..used scissors (yes, i know, im a moron) ...Xbox told me to take the card back to the store and return it, which i did, no questions asked.

[quote name='Evil Herbivore']I'll be near the MC in Rockville tomorrow (Sunday), so if I see any point cards I'll post as soon as I can.

[/QUOTE]

I went to the Rockville, MD store yesterday and they still had plenty (at least 20 but I didn't do a head count). I only picked up 2, so some other CAGs could take advantage of this deal. It beats trying to get the TRU B2G1 to work. Oh yeah, they had RB2 wireless drums (xbox 360) for $59 which is a decent deal (haven't seen them for less than $89). Grabbed Madcatz silencers for $5 instead, but they aren't that great.

bread's done
Back