MLB 09: The Show - March 3, 2009 - Demo Out Now!

Sounds like the game should be available/in-stock tomorrow at GS, with some stores selling it with the Halo Wars midnight release?

Well, I just called GS to find out about the midnight launch and was told that it was cancelled pretty much all over the east coast because of the recent snow storm. To me, this translates to: "Halo Wars did not arrive on time, and there's not enough incentive to do a midnight launch JUST for MLB 09." Although, I'm sure they've got it sitting in the back. I guess that means I'll be getting it tomorrow...which is just as well. I really don't feel like going out in this mess anyway.

But I'd definitely call ahead to make sure your store is still doing it. You really might just be better off waiting until the morning.

*....shows up at 12 o'clock to get The Show. *
Me- "Hmm where is everyone? Ah the store is closed."
Cop- "Hey you! What are you doing?"
Me- "Ahhhhh" *runs*
Cop- "Freeze!" *shoots tazer at me*

Ah good times

Well Amazon hasn't shipped my PS3 or PSP version yet and I have release date delivery for both. Should I be concerned?

Nevermind they just gave me 3 ship notices...2 for MLB 09 PSP and PS3 and 1 for Halo Wars....that was just weird. I wonder if they are coming in the same box then?

And my release date delivery still hasn't shipped..... : / Someone explain that to me

Items shipping soon:
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Delivery estimate: March 3, 2009
  • 1 of: MLB '09
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

I ordered back on the 11th of Jan. What the hell Amazon

It probably has shipped just they didn't update the site. That's happened plenty of times to me when i've gotten next day delivery from amazon.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It probably has shipped just they didn't update the site. That's happened plenty of times to me when i've gotten next day delivery from amazon.[/quote]

I see :pray::whistle2:k\\:D/:applause:

When do you guys think the really good roster updates will come out? Should I stick with RTTS until I can get a Franchise with all real MiLB players?

The guys from operationsports (Knight etc....) said a few weeks. Jim416 isnt doing rosters over there any more so the minors will take some more time

I'm doing my RTTS as a starting pitcher as always. Although I think i'm going to enter the draft this year as opposed to always starting with my Rays.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm doing my RTTS as a starting pitcher as always. Although I think i'm going to enter the draft this year as opposed to always starting with my Rays.[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???? You like BC, and your a Rays fan? Wow I'm impressed.

I'm going to be a reliever like I was last year, a starting pitcher or a 2nd basemen with the Rays

I'm playing an online game right now and this lag is exactly the same as I experienced it in MLB 08. It's a shame that a year later and they couldn't fix the lag issues, so hopefully that rumored patch will fix it.

Edit: I also wanted to add how much of an ass the Nationals AA coach is as he puts my closer in during the 6th or 7th innings during blowouts (by opponents) to finish the game night after night to the point of having no fatigue left. :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fuss']I rather wait and see how it plays for me instead of commentng on some video where there are countless things that could be the problem.... but thats just me.[/quote]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm playing an online game right now and this lag is exactly the same as I experienced it in MLB 08. It's a shame that a year later and they couldn't fix the lag issues, so hopefully that rumored patch will fix it.[/quote]

Well, there's confirmation. This blows my mind. How much bandwidth can possibly be neccessary to support a game that has so few things moving on the screen at one time? These Sportsconnect servers struggle displaying the pitcher's windup. But yet Madden has no trouble showing 22 guys knocking heads, running all over the field. How can this even be acceptable for Sony?

I really hope the patch fixes it, but I kinda have my doubts. If they couldn't do it in a year, I don't know how much of a difference a few weeks is going to make. It really sucks because we'll probably have to massively scale back the league just to get through a whole season. Less teams, less games. But I guess we can give it a few weeks (I'd say 3-4 now) and see if things get any better.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm playing an online game right now and this lag is exactly the same as I experienced it in MLB 08. It's a shame that a year later and they couldn't fix the lag issues, so hopefully that rumored patch will fix it.

Edit: I also wanted to add how much of an ass the Nationals AA coach is as he puts my closer in during the 6th or 7th innings during blowouts (by opponents) to finish the game night after night to the point of having no fatigue left. :whistle2:([/quote]

did you load in that music stuff posted a bit back... I'm wondering if it's worth going through all the trouble

Just got back from the launch and then watched Dollhouse from the PSN store, so I'm just putting the disk in now. Don't know if Frisky mentioned it, but 5GB MANDATORY install which is supposed to take about 6-8 minutes.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just got back from the launch and then watched Dollhouse from the PSN store, so I'm just putting the disk in now. Don't know if Frisky mentioned it, but 5GB MANDATORY install which is supposed to take about 6-8 minutes.[/quote]
Whoever started that stupid rumor is an ass since that's all people whine about on the blog instead of talking about the game.

The truth.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Whoever started that stupid rumor is an ass since that's all people whine about on the blog instead of talking about the game.

The truth.[/quote]

2K? Haha, just picked up my game a little while ago and about to pop it in now. The humorous girl at the counter almost tried to give me 2K9 and I laughed. Now I just gotta decide who I want on my cover instead of $$$droia :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Whoever started that stupid rumor is an ass since that's all people whine about on the blog instead of talking about the game.

The truth.[/quote]

Sorry Frisky. I was going by the back of the box in that it said 5GB of space required. Misprint or does franchise/RTTS take up a bunch of space also?

Just got my copy from amazon! Can't wait to rip this bad boy open.

If anyone wants to get some games in tonite just shoot me and invite or send me a friend request on PSN.

All right, well I've been playing around with the custom audio (using the sound packs from OperationSports), and it appears that you can only add 240 clips total. Basically, what I did was copy all the folders to my hard drive, and then go into the "My Music" section of the show and add each file to the custom playlist. To choose a song for a player's walk up music, you have to go into the roster editor as though you're editing the player, and then you can change his music. The songs from OS wouldn't show up on the list until I added them to the custom playlist, and once I added 240 songs, it told me the list was full.

What this means is that 80% of that sound pack is worthless, since there are way more player walk ups than that (I only got to K by the time I hit 240). This is mildly annoying because you'd really think Sony would figure out what people would like to do with this feature. It's better than nothing, but I hate having the feeling that these improvements come in baby steps.

Unless I'm just missing something, I'll probably just add all the music for my team (Yankees) and then maybe a couple star players on each team. The rest I'll just leave be. The only other thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that the music is tied to the rosters, which means if you update your roster, goodbye custom music. Again, it's better than nothing...but you'd think they'd be able to see why some of this stuff might pose a problem.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right, well I've been playing around with the custom audio (using the sound packs from OperationSports), and it appears that you can only add 240 clips total. Basically, what I did was copy all the folders to my hard drive, and then go into the "My Music" section of the show and add each file to the custom playlist. To choose a song for a player's walk up music, you have to go into the roster editor as though you're editing the player, and then you can change his music. The songs from OS wouldn't show up on the list until I added them to the custom playlist, and once I added 240 songs, it told me the list was full.

What this means is that 80% of that sound pack is worthless, since there are way more player walk ups than that (I only got to K by the time I hit 240). This is mildly annoying because you'd really think Sony would figure out what people would like to do with this feature. It's better than nothing, but I hate having the feeling that these improvements come in baby steps.

Unless I'm just missing something, I'll probably just add all the music for my team (Yankees) and then maybe a couple star players on each team. The rest I'll just leave be. The only other thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that the music is tied to the rosters, which means if you update your roster, goodbye custom music. Again, it's better than nothing...but you'd think they'd be able to see why some of this stuff might pose a problem.[/quote]

Yeah, That was going to be my approach as well, because of the limitation. Added walk-up for everyone in the Mets, and then was only going to sprinkle a few throughout the other teams.

As for bugs that are still present...why does the Show still get Carlos Beltran and Carlos Delgado mixed up? It happens a great deal of the time (some of the sound clips are STILL assigned incorrectly 3 years later).

I'm just going to do the teams I care about so that's the Rays, Red Sox, Yankees, Giants, Philities.

Played RTTS for a few hours. Got drafted by the Giants (meh) but had a gas (jump jack flash). Awesome game. Here's some pics and a video i'll upload later. The only bad thing is that, like the demo, the pictures and videos you take are not from the in game engine but are actually capturing your tv. So playing it in SDTV on component makes them look not as good as HDTV pics and movies :( The game doesn't look blurry like it does in the pic, but it looks like it does in the video so whatever. BTW I love how you can assign tags so the announcers say your name.

161gdgp.png

Dunno why it didn't upload in high quality but eh here's the video Edit: HQ is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmr2AmC7b0Q

The roster update isnt working in case anyone is wondering. SCEA already said they are working on it. Thats why some of the stances (Longoria) are wrong.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'm just going to do the teams I care about so that's the Rays, Red Sox, Yankees, Giants, Philities.

Played RTTS for a few hours. Got drafted by the Giants (meh) but had a gas (jump jack flash). Awesome game. Here's some pics and a video i'll upload later. The only bad thing is that, like the demo, the pictures and videos you take are not from the in game engine but are actually capturing your tv. So playing it in SDTV on component makes them look not as good as HDTV pics and movies :( The game doesn't look blurry like it does in the pic, but it looks like it does in the video so whatever. BTW I love how you can assign tags so the announcers say your name.

Dunno why it didn't upload in high quality but eh here's the video Edit: HQ is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmr2AmC7b0Q[/quote]

Why are some of your video tags sex, blowjob, queer, and tits?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Why are some of your video tags sex, blowjob, queer, and tits?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. What I want to know is why in the hell does the camera spin before the pitch? If it did that before every pitch that would get quite annoying, let alone being impossible to hit the pitch if it freezes like that so the camera can rotate. I could imagine a lot of no hitters.

I do it on all my videos to trick people on youtube. Heh.

Also yeah that was in replay mode, also why you hear "Those Damn Blue Collar Tweekers" in there is from replay mode.

Yo frisky... can we start up another CAG league like last year? Im definitely down and would love to keep the streak alive with the brew crew :D

So I have NO clue how to throw a pitch in the strike-zone. Frustrating >_<

Oh and the manual is worthless in explaining it. Just seems that every pitch goes out of the zone no matter what.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']You see the arrows? Those are the direction the ball goes. Don't place the ball, place the arrows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I just realized. I was wondering why I was throwing curve's into the dirt :cool:

I got it figured out now. Back to practicing some more.

bread's done
Back