MLB 2007 World Series and Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, now we get to hear about it for all time. I thought they were going to cancel the football game tonight so they could ask the same ten people the same five questions for another four hours.

I'd be quite content never to hear his name mentioned again.

Wow, was Nuxall that old? I know he was the youngest pitcher to pitch in a game (at least in the modern era).

All I know now is that I am sick and tired of hearing about ARod. Fine, you got your money, and it's a huge contract, so congrats. When you are sick of the pressure of New York, keep it to yourself, or just complain in New York. As a Tiger fan, nothing is worse than seeing all this ARod stuff last year, and to see that it was 100% about the money. You always think (hope) that, even if money is the main factor, that some of the feelings are still genuine. Nope, thy aren't. Hired gun all the way.

I shouldn't be surprised, after he left the Mariners for Texas, yet, somehow, I am.

[quote name='lordxixor101']Wow, was Nuxall that old? I know he was the youngest pitcher to pitch in a game (at least in the modern era).

All I know now is that I am sick and tired of hearing about ARod. Fine, you got your money, and it's a huge contract, so congrats. When you are sick of the pressure of New York, keep it to yourself, or just complain in New York. As a Tiger fan, nothing is worse than seeing all this ARod stuff last year, and to see that it was 100% about the money. You always think (hope) that, even if money is the main factor, that some of the feelings are still genuine. Nope, thy aren't. Hired gun all the way.

I shouldn't be surprised, after he left the Mariners for Texas, yet, somehow, I am.[/QUOTE]

thats the business of baseball...Teams are willing to throw their money and wives at A-Rod so they can have a better chance at winning..dont get me wrong..i dont think he gives you any advantage to win the WS..just an advantage to get to the dance..not the show. If Texas was willing to drop 250 million for his services..than so be it that the richest team in baseball should and be able t o drop for him. i dont think he is worth anything near that but its shows teams being desperate or they see something in them..which is what the yanks will see for 10 years. so infact this is a good thing...let the cancer kill the rest of the team. Im sure enough your happy that the Tiger rumours of him coming to Detroit arent true..i was happy enough to hear that the mets rumours arent true.

God, I hope now we don't have to hear about fucking A-Rod every 5 minutes any more. He's a douche - but he's a perfect fit for the Yankees. They'd sign Bin Laden if he could win 20 games, so they should enjoy the greatest player everyone hates. Really glad he won't be anywhere near the Red Sox.

This Lowell stuff is getting out of hand. $60 million, really? I think that's too much money. If he won't budge off of 4 years, I say let him walk, take the draft pick, and let the other teams enjoy his 36 and 37-year-old seasons. He benefits greatly from hitting at Fenway (BA) and also hitting behind Big Papi and Manny (RBIs). I'd like him back, but not at a king's ransom.

[quote name='Synergy']God, I hope now we don't have to hear about fucking A-Rod every 5 minutes any more. He's a douche - but he's a perfect fit for the Yankees. They'd sign Bin Laden if he could win 20 games, so they should enjoy the greatest player everyone hates. Really glad he won't be anywhere near the Red Sox.

This Lowell stuff is getting out of hand. $60 million, really? I think that's too much money. If he won't budge off of 4 years, I say let him walk, take the draft pick, and let the other teams enjoy his 36 and 37-year-old seasons. He benefits greatly from hitting at Fenway (BA) and also hitting behind Big Papi and Manny (RBIs). I'd like him back, but not at a king's ransom.[/QUOTE]

blame the evil empire and his agent for that..he is using the yanks to drive up his price..because he knows he will get paid..now its to see who will pay him even more.

great WS play gets you payed..point to Yorvit Torreabla.

I remember when Yorvit Torrealba played for the Giants. He replaced Santiago for a game I think, and i'm pretty sure i've never heard somebody booed that loudly (maybe Benitez) but Torrealba stunk up the joint.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I remember when Yorvit Torrealba played for the Giants. He replaced Santiago for a game I think, and i'm pretty sure i've never heard somebody booed that loudly (maybe Benitez) but Torrealba stunk up the joint.[/quote] Yeah...can't say I'm disappointed to see him leave the Rockies. His offense is nothing special (though I seem to recall that he actually had a surprising number of clutch hits during the season), but his defense is terrible. Maybe now I won't have to see anymore pitchers stealing bases...

[quote name='monkeydeew']i thought you were going to play nice from now on....

and he did post in the wrong thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159691[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, this was the MLB thread. It belongs here. Unfortunately, you get some people who feel the need to be newscasters and post breaking news as it's own thread. These are usually the same people who'll post Target clearance deals as their own threads.

I play nice to people who can actually hold an intelligent conversation and respond with a bit more than 'OMG he da kewlest evar' when asked to tell someone why he kneels at the altar of Roidboy.

Think he should sue Fathead for trademark infringement?

And seeing how this is the MLB thread:

Tom Glavine is expected to agree to a $8M 1-year deal today with the Braves, with a news conference scheduled for Monday.

For $8M, I think it's a good pickup. Will allow him to retire as a Brave.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Last I checked, this was the MLB thread. It belongs here. Unfortunately, you get some people who feel the need to be newscasters and post breaking news as it's own thread. These are usually the same people who'll post Target clearance deals as their own threads.

I play nice to people who can actually hold an intelligent conversation and respond with a bit more than 'OMG he da kewlest evar' when asked to tell someone why he kneels at the altar of Roidboy.

Think he should sue Fathead for trademark infringement?[/quote]

it was the wrong thread, i'm glad you got your panties all in a bunch for being corrected by a 14 year old :)

[quote name='monkeydeew']it was the wrong thread, i'm glad you got your panties all in a bunch for being corrected by a 14 year old :)[/QUOTE]

You're handicapped, aren't you.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You're handicapped, aren't you.[/quote]

yawn, now you are picking fights, real classy. sorry but i'm not that into you

damm i just saw that on espn and was going to post it....

espn has lowells contract at 3 years $37.5 mill. Talk about taking a home town discount. He was allegedly getting $15mill per year offers, and he is staying in boston for $12.5 mill per season. I didn't think he wanted to leave, but that is a lot of money to be leaving on the table.

[quote name='ryanbph']damm i just saw that on espn and was going to post it....

espn has lowells contract at 3 years $37.5 mill. Talk about taking a home town discount. He was allegedly getting $15mill per year offers, and he is staying in boston for $12.5 mill per season. I didn't think he wanted to leave, but that is a lot of money to be leaving on the table.[/QUOTE]
There weren't any 4 year deals on the table for Lowell after the Yankees pulled out. Interest around the league wasn't as strong as it was made out to be.

I figured it would take an extra year to get Lowell out of Boston.

[quote name='ph33r m3']ESPN is fucking retarded. Reporting that the Giants would trade Lincecum for Miguel Cabrera.

Hell no.[/QUOTE]

sabean is rumoured to shop both lincecum and cain.

Rivera: If Torre is gonna go I might go. Wait... is that moneyz? I want the moneyz!! I'll re-sign.

Lowell: I'm not signing unless It's more then three years!!

*few days later*

Lowell: Oh, um... nevermind I'll sign with you guys cause everyone just pulled out!! Viva la Boston!

Money rules the world baby.

Regardless, glad to see the Yankees and Sox both pulled to re-sign their key free agents. Only guy left for the Sox is Mike Timlin but I doubt they will re-sign him.

[quote name='dafoomie']There weren't any 4 year deals on the table for Lowell after the Yankees pulled out. Interest around the league wasn't as strong as it was made out to be.

I figured it would take an extra year to get Lowell out of Boston.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Philly offered Lowell a 4/50 contract.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Actually, Philly offered Lowell a 4/50 contract.[/QUOTE]

well i guess he cares about winning than huh.

The Braves can have Glavine back. He was a brave first and never a met...although he did give us a great viable pitcher in the rotation...but in every met fans eye..he was still a brave.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

Regardless, glad to see the Yankees and Sox both pulled to re-sign their key free agents. Only guy left for the Sox is Mike Timlin but I doubt they will re-sign him.[/quote]

I thought the sox already took care of timlin. For some reason they love him. Either Espn, or yahoo reported that the redsox might have an interest in kerry wood. Allegedly, craig hanson, has refound his delivery mechanic and pitched incredible in the fall league. I know that he was having consitency issues with the placement of the front foot and the arm slot. He had allegedly pitched well the last month of triple A. It isn't like delcarmen hadn't pitched rather shitty in pawtucket last year before getting called up and being rather lights out at the mlb level. I know that hanson and delcarmen gave up 12 runs in 2 ip and blew an 11 run lead. The other team was even throwing a backup inf/of as there pitcher for the last 2 inn.

J-Roll is NL MVP.

I thought it should have been Holliday. He was an integral part of their series run..and put up crazy numbers this year...not to take anything away from J-Roll but he did get beat...bad by the Rocks...

postseason doesn't make a difference in season awards...if that was the case beckett should have beaten sabathia. As he stormed thru lackey, sabathia and francis in the post season.

[quote name='ryanbph']postseason doesn't make a difference in season awards...if that was the case beckett should have beaten sabathia. As he stormed thru lackey, sabathia and francis in the post season.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I still thought Beckket should have won the cy young. Besides the numbers..he is so much more of a dominant pitcher than C.C is.

[quote name='ryanbph']well the regular season numbers favored cc in most categories...espically era with an extra 40+ ip.[/QUOTE]

that does make a huge difference. eh ill still take beckett anyday.

Brewers deal Johnny Estrada to the Mets for Guilermo Mota.

Atleast this solves the backstop gap left by LoDuca. i hope the Knee Sugery Estrada has is all fixed...i think this is a steal.

[quote name='integralsmatic']QFT. I still thought Beckket should have won the cy young. Besides the numbers..he is so much more of a dominant pitcher than C.C is.[/quote]

I agree. Beckett is like Bob Sanders, Chuck Norris, and Goku all rolled into one.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I agree. Beckett is like Bob Sanders, Chuck Norris, and Goku all rolled into one.[/QUOTE]
nice analogy...ill have to remember that hehe..

yeah im waiting for the mets to get a dominant pitcher like that..which may be never.

tori hunter signed a 5 year deal with the angels at $90mill. To me that is a really fucking bad idea. They have 4 OF's now, wtf did they need another one. Hunter has had back to back good seasons, but he hasn't been anywhere near as good as he is lately, earlier in his career. He will be 37 when the deal is up. Granted garett anderson is aging rapidly, but they have rivera, matthews and guerro already in the OF.

Boston Herald reports sox will be very interested in santana. Minn wants lester, buckholtz, ellsberry and other prospects. The herald reports a more likely scenerio would be crisp, either buckholtz or lester, and 2 other prospects.

you are not counting in on juan rivera, who only played 14 games last year. He hit .310 and had 23 or so homers the year before in just over 120 games. Reggie Willts had a great year as well, and gives them some speed for a team that likes to steal. They didn't need an OF, they needed inf help.

[quote name='ryanbph']you are not counting in on juan rivera, who only played 14 games last year. He hit .310 and had 23 or so homers the year before in just over 120 games. Reggie Willts had a great year as well, and gives them some speed for a team that likes to steal. They didn't need an OF, they needed inf help.[/quote]

good call, rivera was decent on my fantasy team 2 years ago

Franciso Cordero signs with Reds for 4/46. Why the Reds wanna spend that much on a closer I have no idea. The Brewers offered 4/42 and I'm glad they got outbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back