MLB 2010 Discussion Thread

[quote name='craven_fiend']Wouldn't Friday have been CC's start anyways? 4 days off in between starts seems normal. Giving AJ the start lines him up to pitch on against the Royals, instead of the Angels. I think I'd take a start against the Royals, over one against the Angels. But as a Red Sox fan, whoever beats him around is good for me. Not that the Red Sox are helping themselves by losing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Friday would have been CC's start but not if you are going by it based on order because CC got 2 starts in a row. Yankees could have/should have thrown CC, Pettitte and Javy this weekend. I would make an argument for Hughes at home but he stinks at home this year and gives up the long ball far too much. Yankees could have done it so they could have hid BJ against the Royals and Indians on the road.

Good luck with the mash unit against Lee.

Game is officially over now. Reid Brignac with 2 HR's and 5 RBI's so far. I am sure that I am the only Yankee fan who is disgusted like always with BJ's performance.

[quote name='wildcpac']That is pretty funny coming from someone who got the Tecmo Bowl League thread locked due to his amount of fighting with others.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between disagreeing with people about what is and is not a glitch in a game, and filling every post you make with poo-poo pee-pee words like "Roid Sox", "Big Poopi", "Clueless Joe 2.0", "BJ", "Ledouche", "Mr. Herpes", etc. I'm just saying man, you just got canned very recently for this kind of crap. Does that not register with you at all? I'm trying to help you here.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']There's a difference between disagreeing with people about what is and is not a glitch in a game, and filling every post you make with poo-poo pee-pee words like "Roid Sox", "Big Poopi", "Clueless Joe 2.0", "BJ", "Ledouche", "Mr. Herpes", etc. I'm just saying man, you just got canned very recently for this kind of crap. Does that not register with you at all? I'm trying to help you here.[/QUOTE]

I am not the one who started fights with others on here which lead to a thread getting locked. You went far and above disagreeing. You started online fights on here. I make sarcastic comments and nicknames for millionaires. I guess the world is going to end. I got temp banned for a couple of reasons that I could see. 1. I had sarcastic comments in the thread title. I updated the thread title after it was changed. 2. I never saw the warning inside the discussion. 3. I made a sarcastic comment of congratulating one of the mods after a couple of members did so after the mod changed the OP.

You tell me to calm down and I am far from angry. I am more embarrassed as a Yankee fan that one of the worst pitchers on the team got the ball on Old Timers Day and stunk like usual on National TV. The scrub couldn't even last more than 2 innings and the Yankees have to throw out every scrub relief pitcher and it's a 9-3 game now.

When AJ, Joba, Gaudin and others go out there and flat out stink, show no heart, I am going to make fun of them. Joe Girardi just got critized by the whole entire Nation for his managing in the All Star Game. Clueless Joe 2.0 is really going to ruffle some feathers? Come on, this is sarcasm. people take it far too seriously.

Last point for the day, the Yankees miss Aceves big time! Today would have been a perfect day to have thrown him out. He could have gone 4-5 innings starting in the 3rd and kept the Yankees in the game the whole time. Ramiro Mendoza 2.0 cannot come back soon enough.

One last point, Burnett was taken out of the game due to lacerations to his right hand. The Irony!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the apologists make some more excuses for BJ. God forbid I make fun of a mental midget who slams his hand into a door during a game that he is pitching.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/07/...rainer-about-fall-because-he-was-embarrassed/

BREAKING NEWS: Burnett cut hands in act of frustration, lied to trainer about fall because he was “embarrassed”

Have to give the Sox credit for tying the game in the bottom of the 9th against Cliff Lee. Good thing the Yankees had the mental midget pitching today on Old Timers Day.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Took Zito long enough to adjust. Is he in a contract year or something?[/QUOTE]

He's had a fine year.

Oh yeah,

Buster Posey, best catcher in baseball.

[quote name='wildcpac']Let the apologists make some more excuses for BJ. God forbid I make fun of a mental midget who slams his hand into a door during a game that he is pitching.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/07/...rainer-about-fall-because-he-was-embarrassed/

BREAKING NEWS: Burnett cut hands in act of frustration, lied to trainer about fall because he was “embarrassed”

Have to give the Sox credit for tying the game in the bottom of the 9th against Cliff Lee. Good thing the Yankees had the mental midget pitching today on Old Timers Day.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to call anybody a 2.0, we've been seeing shades of Carl Pavano from Burnett lately (especially his total embarrassment today). A lot of people were worried about that when the Yanks signed him, but he at least seemed to keep his head on straight through his struggles last year. If that isn't going to be the case anymore, they need to just eat his salary and trade him to an NL team. It's sad that I'm actually hoping he hurt himself badly enough to land on the DL or at the very least miss a start. Don't know if that would cause the Yanks to go after a starter before the trade deadline, but it would definitely make things interesting.

Ah the phillies jump ahead and now the Mets finally crack. Tak was just super awful tonight. Clearly he belongs in the pen. This is getting annoying for me. They won't make a deal anytime for a starter will continue to let Tak just blow games. He cooled off...put him back in the pen and get a starter or bring up Gee. Can't be much worse than what you have now.

Well at least the Mets didnt get shut out for a 3rd straight game and hope the bombs from Ike start him going again....but it all doesnt matter until Reyes comes back 100% healthy. as i said before NO REYES=NO WINS.

Huge win for the Phils in Polanco's return. Really couldn't afford a 3 game losing streak coming out of the break after all the momentum they got from the Reds series. Jimmy Rollins had another ohfer. He's hitting third with Utley injured and he can't get a single friggin' hit from there, and it's driving me insane. Oh well. At least Lidge didn't blow the save.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Ah the phillies jump ahead and now the Mets finally crack. Tak was just super awful tonight. Clearly he belongs in the pen. This is getting annoying for me. They won't make a deal anytime for a starter will continue to let Tak just blow games. He cooled off...put him back in the pen and get a starter or bring up Gee. Can't be much worse than what you have now.

Well at least the Mets didnt get shut out for a 3rd straight game and hope the bombs from Ike start him going again....but it all doesnt matter until Reyes comes back 100% healthy. as i said before NO REYES=NO WINS.[/QUOTE]

Mets are starting to look like the Mets we expected this year. Takahashi needs to be out of the rotation. Minaya needs to get someone to replace him. I rather have Misch in there.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you're going to call anybody a 2.0, we've been seeing shades of Carl Pavano from Burnett lately (especially his total embarrassment today). A lot of people were worried about that when the Yanks signed him, but he at least seemed to keep his head on straight through his struggles last year. If that isn't going to be the case anymore, they need to just eat his salary and trade him to an NL team. It's sad that I'm actually hoping he hurt himself badly enough to land on the DL or at the very least miss a start. Don't know if that would cause the Yanks to go after a starter before the trade deadline, but it would definitely make things interesting.[/QUOTE]

The yanks need to say "bye bye" to burnett.

The mets need to say "bye bye" to everyone except D.wright and Santana.

Hey, be nice to the Mets. Ike, Pagan and Pelfrey are keepers.

Andy Pettitte gets pulled from the game with some form of an injury. Good thing BJ fucked over the pen yesterday by slamming his hand into a door instead of giving the team innings.

Pettitte out until mid to late August. BJ better get his act together now because the Yankees are going to have to rely on him. Mitre takes over as the #5. I hope the offense is prepared to score alot of runs in the second half.

Well, the Yankees will DEFINITELY trade for a starter now. Considering they were seriously pursuing Lee before Burnett had his meltdown and Pettitte got hurt, they're actually going to need another pitcher now. The team obviously still doesn't trust Javy, and Hughes has an innings limit. The pen needs help too, but at least moving Hughes there to make him last the entire season will help.

I can't stand that each season seems to come down to Jekyll and Hyde Burnett though. His performance seems to be more critical to this team than anybody's for some stupid reason. I guess #2 and #3 starters usually do make or break a team though since almost every team has an ace. But he needs to man the fuck up and earn his paycheck. Offense needs to start scoring more as well. Pettitte getting hurt has me nervous, but it seems like every team has been hit hard by injuries this year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, the Yankees will DEFINITELY trade for a starter now. Considering they were seriously pursuing Lee before Burnett had his meltdown and Pettitte got hurt, they're actually going to need another pitcher now. The team obviously still doesn't trust Javy, and Hughes has an innings limit. The pen needs help too, but at least moving Hughes there to make him last the entire season will help.

I can't stand that each season seems to come down to Jekyll and Hyde Burnett though. His performance seems to be more critical to this team than anybody's for some stupid reason. I guess #2 and #3 starters usually do make or break a team though since almost every team has an ace. But he needs to man the fuck up and earn his paycheck. Offense needs to start scoring more as well. Pettitte getting hurt has me nervous, but it seems like every team has been hit hard by injuries this year.[/QUOTE]

How about giving the ball to mr. Chan ho park? He looked strong recently and he was a good starter in the past.

Park stinks and would need at least a month to stretch his arm out to be a starter. Just cant take a 1 inning reliever and expect them to throw 100 pitches 5-6 innings every 5 days.

Baseball needs instant replay. How is this runner called out?

gyi0061083923.jpg

[quote name='wildcpac']Tell that to Giants fans.[/QUOTE]

Went to the game yesterday and everyone knew Ishi was safe by a mile.

Cuzzi was shitty the whole game.

Did we get robbed? Yes, but we left at least 10 runners on base during the game, so the Giants should've demolished the Mets sooner in the game, had plenty of chances.

The major thing that makes me irate is that if this was a Sox/Yanks game you better believe Selig is changing the instant replay rule that coddamn milisecond.

So in closing,

Go fuckin' die Selig.

[quote name='JoeJohn']How about giving the ball to mr. Chan ho park? He looked strong recently and he was a good starter in the past.[/QUOTE]

Ehh..I don't like that idea at all. Park has been way too inconsistent/hurt this year. And with the pen as shaky as it is as well, if he's going to show any signs at all of being useful, I say leave him where he is. I guess for now the Yanks are just going to have Mitre fill in...but I'm not sure he's good enough when they're going to need 6-7 starts out of him. I'd say they could just call up a guy like Nova, but the fact remains that they were trying to trade for a starter BEFORE Pettitte got hurt and Burnett melted down. If they were willing to do it then, why the hell not now?

[quote name='ph33r m3']The major thing that makes me irate is that if this was a Sox/Yanks game you better believe Selig is changing the instant replay rule that coddamn milisecond.

So in closing,

Go fuckin' die Selig.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...because there are never ANY bad calls in Yankees/Sox games, and Selig obviously bends the rules of MLB for those two teams... :roll: Are you serious?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Ehh..I don't like that idea at all. Park has been way too inconsistent/hurt this year. And with the pen as shaky as it is as well, if he's going to show any signs at all of being useful, I say leave him where he is. I guess for now the Yanks are just going to have Mitre fill in...but I'm not sure he's good enough when they're going to need 6-7 starts out of him. I'd say they could just call up a guy like Nova, but the fact remains that they were trying to trade for a starter BEFORE Pettitte got hurt and Burnett melted down. If they were willing to do it then, why the hell not now?

Yeah...because there are never ANY bad calls in Yankees/Sox games, and Selig obviously bends the rules of MLB for those two teams... :roll: Are you serious?[/QUOTE]

You do realize the whole instant replay for homers rule was changed after the A-Rod home-run fiasco right?

How did I say it was bending the rules?

It's like half of you idiots post at Real GM.

[quote name='ph33r m3']You do realize the whole instant replay for homers rule was changed after the A-Rod home-run fiasco right?

How did I say it was bending the rules?

It's like half of you idiots post at Real GM.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because your contributions are so valuable: "Timmy Franchise smokin you fools!!!!", "Rookie catcher is the best in the league!!!!". Talk to me when your team does something in the playoffs...or even makes it that far.

eh we lucked out but Pheer is right, The Giants should have put it away way earlier.

Wild- if your going to give anyone that 2.0 moniker give it to K-Rod. He is Armando Benetiz 2.0. Im done giving this guy free passes. I would welcome back a 45 year old John Franco than have this guy in the 9th. Dont how many more of these 9th inning blow ups i can take.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, because your contributions are so valuable: "Timmy Franchise smokin you fools!!!!", "Rookie catcher is the best in the league!!!!". Talk to me when your team does something in the playoffs...or even makes it that far.[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to find where I said Selig bends the rules for the Sox/Yanks to make it an unfair playing field.

Make it easy on everyone:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+gm+yankees

Nice to see that it's the Yankees fault that the Giants couldn't hold onto a 5 run lead in game 6 of the 2002 World Series. I guess it's the Yankees fault that the Giants blew a ton of games to the Marlins in 1997 and 2003.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm still trying to find where I said Selig bends the rules for the Sox/Yanks to make it an unfair playing field.

Make it easy on everyone:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=real+gm+yankees[/QUOTE]
screw instant replay. the game is long enough as it is. human error is part of the game. live with it. you think you have it bad, tell that to Galarraga.

[quote name='wildcpac']Nice to see that it's the Yankees fault that the Giants couldn't hold onto a 5 run lead in game 6 of the 2002 World Series. I guess it's the Yankees fault that the Giants blew a ton of games to the Marlins in 1997 and 2003.[/QUOTE]

Idiots of a feather.....flock together?

[quote name='shosh']screw instant replay. the game is long enough as it is. human error is part of the game. live with it. you think you have it bad, tell that to Galarraga.[/QUOTE]

How is instant replay going to make the game longer? I have got to hear this. Whenever there is a bad call, the manager comes out, screams and yells and usually gets thrown out. That usually takes 1-2 minutes. All baseball needs is a 5th umpire watching a live feed or have the home office watching the games like in Hockey. When a call is in doubt, the home plate umpire is contacted and given the correct call.

[quote name='wildcpac']How is instant replay going to make the game longer? I have got to hear this. Whenever there is a bad call, the manager comes out, screams and yells and usually gets thrown out. That usually takes 1-2 minutes. All baseball needs is a 5th umpire watching a live feed or have the home office watching the games like in Hockey. When a call is in doubt, the home plate umpire is contacted and given the correct call.[/QUOTE]
take a look at football. add another 5 minutes to a manager ranting and raving. and those minutes to review a play can disrupt the flow of the game. can you imagine a pitcher with runners on 3rd and first with one out and only having a 1 run lead looking for a double play standing there for five minutes on the mound? and where does it end? are we gonna start reviewing balls and strikes too?

[quote name='wildcpac']Baseball needs instant replay. How is this runner called out?

gyi0061083923.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I watched the game. The ump didn't have a good view of the play. He was behind the catcher.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Went to the game yesterday and everyone knew Ishi was safe by a mile.

Cuzzi was shitty the whole game.

Did we get robbed? Yes, but we left at least 10 runners on base during the game, so the Giants should've demolished the Mets sooner in the game, had plenty of chances.

The major thing that makes me irate is that if this was a Sox/Yanks game you better believe Selig is changing the instant replay rule that coddamn milisecond.

So in closing,

Go fuckin' die Selig.[/QUOTE]

I knew I had heard Phil Cuzzi's name before. That's because he blew a call in a playoff game last year between the Yankees and the Twins: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...t=ApnRbdg5iybKS4KLLE2GJxOrO4d4?urn=mlb,195187

Start firing incompetent umpires and maybe they will take their jobs seriously.

What in the world happened to Pelfrey? he started off hot and now he has sucked for the past month or so. DBacks have a pretty good offense and they are average at home but they suck on the road.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Pelf looked like Utter SHIT TONIGHT. What the hell is going on. WHY DOES EVERYONE ON THIS TEAM SUCK ON THE ROAD![/QUOTE]

Mike Pelfrey gave up 6 runs 1.1 ip and on his way of losing 3 in a row. It looks like the first half was just a fluke.

keep the slaughter going D'Backs. I want you to pound this piece of shit team in the face tonight so maybe they can actually wake up and know that they are somehow in a playoff race.

[quote name='integralsmatic']keep the slaughter going D'Backs. I want you to pound this piece of shit team in the face tonight so maybe they can actually wake up and know that they are somehow in a playoff race.[/QUOTE]
It was nice to see the D'Backs doing the slaughtering for once.

[quote name='yukine']It was nice to see the D'Backs doing the slaughtering for once.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was and i bet they will keep doing for the next 2 games.....although Dickey goes tomorrow so he will probably let up 1 run and still lose the game somehow. Reynolds is like Willie Harris and Bronson Arroyo.... perennial Met killers. He bombed 4 HRs against us last year and bombed 1 today.

13 days left Omar I do hope something happens(which in reality probably won't happen):bomb:

[quote name='integralsmatic']Yeah it was and i bet they will keep doing for the next 2 games.....although Dickey goes tomorrow so he will probably let up 1 run and still lose the game somehow. Reynolds is like Willie Harris and Bronson Arroyo.... perennial Met killers. He bombed 4 HRs against us last year and bombed 1 today.

13 days left Omar I do hope something happens(which in reality probably won't happen):bomb:[/QUOTE]

I rather Omar not trade for a pitcher. Realistically this team doesn't have a shot to win the World Series so why even make a push? Yeah if they play well they might sneak into the Wild Card or even win the division if Philly keeps playing poorly and the Braves start to struggle. But in a 5 or 7 game series the Mets do not have the pitching to compete. Santana would give them a good start but the offense has proved to struggle against top of the rotation guys and then who after that? Pelfrey has completey fell apart, Niese has been good but he's still young and we do not know how he would perform in a spot like that, and RA Dickey...well yeah it's RA Dickey.

Omar would make a stupid trade and trade away some good young talent for a guy we really do not need and will end up over paying. I rather them stick with what they got. Hey, if they struggle for the rest of the year at least Manuel and Minaya might be gone!

Good off day for the Braves yesterday with the Mets and Phillies both losing. 5.5 games up heading into a 3 game set at home against the Padres.

[quote name='wildcpac']What in the world happened to Pelfrey? he started off hot and now he has sucked for the past month or so. DBacks have a pretty good offense and they are average at home but they suck on the road.[/QUOTE]

Like Phil Hughes, Pelfrey was never as good as the beginning of the season made him appear to be.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Like Phil Hughes, Pelfrey was never as good as the beginning of the season made him appear to be.[/QUOTE]

Keep trolling. I guess we can say the same for Halladay, Ubaldo, and a couple of others who have all stunk after a hot start. 11-2, 3.65 era, 1.2 whip in his first full season. HE IS fuckING AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how Hughes gets lumped in with a Pitcher who has something like 29 runs in the last 28 innings. Pelfrey also has had 66 base runners in the last 28 innings as well. Yup, Hughes sure is on that level as well. Keep trolling.

Pelfrey in the past month in 20 innings, 23 earned runs, 46 hits and 10 walks. I FORGOT THAT HUGHES HAS BEEN THAT HORRIBLE! Hughes is problem is that he gives up too many homeruns at Yankee Stadium. He has pitched great on the road. He hasn't been 1/2 as bad as Pelfrey.

I think the accurate description to compare Pelfrey to is that of the Fillies. WE thought they were going to be great after 2008 but they stunk in the 2009 World Series and are getting their asses kicked all of 2010.

Fillies aren't as good as 2008 made them appear to be. By far one of the worst teams in the past couple of decades to win a World Series. I guess that is what happens then you get to play the Rays in the World Series.

bread's done
Back