MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week at this time Nintendo had the release list on the web. No one knows anything?

BTW, This thread is turning into the new EBgames morning update thread. Quite popular

Interesting that we get LttP and not the sega games when Lttp was a rumor and the sega games had a "street date".

This will bode well however since Nintendo will see the massive downloads and finally realize they need to give us better games.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Interesting that we get LttP and not the sega games when Lttp was a rumor and the sega games had a "street date".
.[/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining!

Throw those fucking Sega games in the garbage can, for all I care.

LttP!!!!

I got this and Super Mario Bros. I couldn't resist anymore.

Also, my internet connection messed up when I was ordering points. I ended up buying 2000 instead of 1000. Not a big deal, but I didn't want the extra 1000.

It seems ebay prices for cart only LoZ: LTTP is over $10. Not a bad deal if you want the Wii version only.

someone explain this to me again please....

I have downloaded several games for the VC. I am running out of room on the Wii, but I have a 2 gb sd card. What is the point of having dozens of pages to scroll through if I have to start putting my games on the sd card.

Someone told me that if you put the games on the sd card you can only store them, so I am thinking that the system will run out of memory after I fill up two complete pages. Any way around this?

[quote name='tayaf69']someone explain this to me again please....

I have downloaded several games for the VC. I am running out of room on the Wii, but I have a 2 gb sd card. What is the point of having dozens of pages to scroll through if I have to start putting my games on the sd card.

Someone told me that if you put the games on the sd card you can only store them, so I am thinking that the system will run out of memory after I fill up two complete pages. Any way around this?[/QUOTE]

Stop buying crappy games? I kid, I kid.

Bought 1000 points online, and just got Link to the Past.

I hope a shit ton of people buy this and it sends a wakeup call to whoever is running the VC. LttP will probably outsell the last two months of VC releases.

Where are the genesis games? I am sure somebody would of... nah. Nice one Nintendo, you still hate Sega I see, lol. Now release DKC and Streets next week and I will not complain for a month.

[quote name='tayaf69']someone explain this to me again please....

Someone told me that if you put the games on the sd card you can only store them, so I am thinking that the system will run out of memory after I fill up two complete pages. Any way around this?[/QUOTE]

You can't even put the games on the SD card unless a recent update has changed it since I tried last.

You just delete them and can re-download them anytime free of charge.

I think you can copy over game saves from the VC games though (so you don't lose that when you delete and re-download).

[quote name='dmaul1114']You can't even put the games on the SD card unless a recent update has changed it since I tried last.

You just delete them and can re-download them anytime free of charge.

I think you can copy over game saves from the VC games though (so you don't lose that when you delete and re-download).[/QUOTE]
That's sort of a bummer. I was envisioning the Wii's VC as a place where I could build up a huge library of games to play at my will. Sure it takes less than 2 minutes to download a game, but it's nice to have them all right there. I really should stop downloading games! Being that I complain about the VC a lot, I sure have downloaded a lot of crap. Oh well.

[quote name='Roufuss']I hope a shit ton of people buy this and it sends a wakeup call to whoever is running the VC. LttP will probably outsell the last two months of VC releases by the end of today.[/QUOTE]

fixed. I can understand if Sega didn't want their games released at the same time as LttP; after all, who would buy Streets of Rage if they only had enough points for Zelda? It's no contest. I'm willing to bet Sega made that call themselves.

I'm sure we'll see those Sega games next week; don't expect any top tier titles for another 4 weeks.

[quote name='tayaf69']That's sort of a bummer. I was envisioning the Wii's VC as a place where I could build up a huge library of games to play at my will. Sure it takes less than 2 minutes to download a game, but it's nice to have them all right there. I really should stop downloading games! Being that I complain about the VC a lot, I sure have downloaded a lot of crap. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can have a lot of games readily available due to the Wii's internal memory; just not all of them at once. Think of it as a jukebox whose contents you can change periodically.

[quote name='Lynsanity']Weird. I have Golden Axe and Street Fighter II on my SD card.[/QUOTE]

You have to copy it from your channels menu to the SD card. You just have to copy it back if you delete it from your VC memory(that is, you can't run them off the sd card, and they won't play on another Wii).

That sure was a curveball. I was thinking Contra almost for sure. I think I'm going to cave on it, I even have it for GBA and I haven't touched it yet.

fuck yes!

I always forget about new VC games until I see this thread, I then very excitedly check it on my own Wii before reading the posts.

It reminds me of when I was a kid and had the Sega Channel, I would stay up until 12:00 AM just to see what new games they added for the two weeks.

Hm, do I get rid of my GBA LttP, and get the Wii version only? I haven't been using my GBA very much, least of all for that game. Man, if I only knew for sure what was coming out in the next month, I could plan this shit out.

Argh, decisions, decisions...

[quote name='gunm']Hm, do I get rid of my GBA LttP, and get the Wii version only? I haven't been using my GBA very much, least of all for that game. Man, if I only knew for sure what was coming out in the next month, I could plan this shit out.

Argh, decisions, decisions...[/quote]

Well, here is a list of changes made to the GBA version from the SNES: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/zelda_four_swords_changes.txt

I suppose if you have a Gameboy Player you could just play it like that, and save $8.00 bucks... but it's only $8.00 bucks! LttP is worth it!

[quote name='CouRageouS']That sure was a curveball. I was thinking Contra almost for sure. I think I'm going to cave on it, I even have it for GBA and I haven't touched it yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here. In case anyone needs to read a review of this :rofl: here's IGN's review of the VC release:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/757/757573p1.html

[quote name='yukine']Well, here is a list of changes made to the GBA version from the SNES: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/zelda_four_swords_changes.txt

I suppose if you have a Gameboy Player you could just play it like that, and save $8.00 bucks... but it's only $8.00 bucks! LttP is worth it![/quote]

Thanks, yeah I'll probably bite on this when I get home. I only have Gunstar and it's getting lonely not having anything else next to it. ;)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Using the same exploit to view Wii Shop Virtual Console title screens, it would appear as if Super Mario World awaits us next week. (The link must be opened using IE, and not Firefox.)

http://ccs.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/000100014A414145/FFFD0001

I was able to predict Zelda LttP this way (again, HAH!!), so I imagine this one should pan out as well.[/quote]Cool, I hope we get DKC the week after because I have already paid $30 for ALTTP and SMW for my GBA, and I want a SNES game I never played before...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Using the same exploit to view Wii Shop Virtual Console title screens, it would appear as if Super Mario World awaits us next week. (The link must be opened using IE, and not Firefox.)

I was able to predict Zelda LttP this way (again, HAH!!), so I imagine this one should pan out as well.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome... this stuff will keep me busy on the weeks we get Galaga and Wild Gunman :(

Wiki has some new confirmed titles I haven't seen before:

Dr Mario
Excitebike

And then for TG 16 it has:

Bonk's Revenge
Bonk 3
Chew Man Fu (wtf?)
Dragon's Curse

Sometimes I really like being busy. I haven't been in here in a couple days, and it was really funny to read through all the "There's MAYBE a 5% chance LttP will come tomorrow" and "Why get excited? It'll just be garbage again" comments for four pages, knowing full well that I had LttP on my Wii already.

Good times. :)

Finally! I've been waiting for LTTP to come out on VC. I own the original SNES cartridge but it was autographed by Miyamoto last year and I've been too scared to touch it since!

This is so cruel to me. I just bought a 360 last weekend, and like 5 games for it, and I can't play it because I've got this freaking VC stuff to deal with.

I've barely touched Wario Ware or even half the launch games for the Wii.

Christ, someone stop me!

I was able to predict Zelda LttP this way (again, HAH!!), so I imagine this one should pan out as well.[/QUOTE]
This is extremely promising news. Thanks for sharing. :D

Is it just me or does paying 8 bucks(assuning thats what they charge) for Super Mario World seem pointelss. I played the mess out of that game for like a year, I dont have any desire to revisit it.

Zelda Lttp is a different story, I will be buying that.

[quote name='handles25']Is it just me or does paying 8 bucks(assuning thats what they charge) for Super Mario World seem pointelss. I played the mess out of that game for like a year, I dont have any desire to revisit it.

Zelda Lttp is a different story, I will be buying that.[/QUOTE]

For SMW, $8 is a bit much since it was packed in with almost every SNES sold. Of course, the benefit is 480p, ease of use, one system for your TV, ect...

I doubt I'll buy it but so far there are some VC steals in the Wii Shop channel.

[quote name='psunami']MarioKart 64 next week.

From Starpulse.com via Evilavatar.com

Just to let people know, this info is on press.nintendo.com as well right now.

Well, with Zelda this week, there goes 1800 points for me.[/QUOTE]

time to use more of my 7500 pts card. thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back