MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

Just finished the story, when I got to the
1v3 zombie
part, I actually bumped it down to Beginner because I was getting annoyed, and just played the rest of the story in that. The ending really pissed me off.

Now that the story's done, I'm pondering whether I should keep the game or not. I like it, but before today I only played it sporadically. I guess I'm just not into fighting games as much as I used to be, maybe playing online will change that. I guess I'll keep it for now.

Doesn't really help that I suck at the thing.

sucks I have a code for scorpion have not used it yet. Guess no discounts on the dlc if you have one of them already.

[quote name='sendme']sucks I have a code for scorpion have not used it yet. Guess no discounts on the dlc if you have one of them already.[/QUOTE]

hopefully there will be enough buzz and requests towards NR and Boon to divide up the klassic's into single priced DLC. I'd much rather pay 80 ms points each for Reptile, Jade, and Mileena than 400 ms for the lot which I don't need. we're CAG's, yes I wanna say $2.

HAY GUISE

I really dig this game so far. I especially like how apparently every single special attack is DF or DB and a face button.

Edit: God, fucking Nightwolf sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of weeks ago my friend and I discovered that you can play tennis with 2 Nightwolfs by shooting an arrow and deflecting it back and forth. Gets pretty intense.

We were sad to find out we weren't the first ones. :(

Seriously, though, was I the only one that was pissed off at the MK Story ending?

It's just that
I'm sitting there after beating Shao Kahn, he gets zapped up into the sky, everyone's all sad and they just... walk away. I was almost sure there'd be some sort of resurrection of the characters, but then they just shrug their shoulders and that's that. Throw in the cliffhanger with Shinnok and it's all just...bleh. The rest of the story was cool, but it just felt like a slap in the face at the end.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']It's just that
I'm sitting there after beating Shao Kahn, he gets zapped up into the sky, everyone's all sad and they just... walk away. I was almost sure there'd be some sort of resurrection of the characters, but then they just shrug their shoulders and that's that. Throw in the cliffhanger with Shinnok and it's all just...bleh. The rest of the story was cool, but it just felt like a slap in the face at the end.
[/QUOTE]
That's what survivors do, walk away sadly.. I mean, they gotta leave something for you to do in the sequel. They'll probably have you running through the underworld as Scorpion saving the souls of everyone or something.

Eh, I feel a more slap in the face every time I get a ending in MvC3. The arcade endings in MK alone blow those out of the water.

I am trying my damndist to figure out how to be good at quan chi. Anyone know of any good sites with some strategies? I've googled around and found very little.

Also, what are the requirements for babalities on the bosses? I keep seeing different reports but it appears that you must be on medium or higher and do a babality on shang tsung? Anything else?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I am trying my damndist to figure out how to be good at quan chi. Anyone know of any good sites with some strategies? I've googled around and found very little.

Also, what are the requirements for babalities on the bosses? I keep seeing different reports but it appears that you must be on medium or higher and do a babality on shang tsung? Anything else?[/QUOTE]

http://testyourmight.com/forum/

To perform a babality, you can't block any attacks. You can press the block button but you can't take a hit while in a block state.

[quote name='BackInBlack']http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=2082.msg48138#msg48138[/QUOTE]
Fixes:

KL spin will have 6 more recovery frames on block
KL hat loop removed
kabal block infinite removed
sonya block infinite removed
various bugs fixed
wake up moves punishing certain characters after a ground breaker removed
stryker xray punsihed on hit fixed
advantage on cyrax command throw lessoned
cyrax command throw break changed from 2 frame windown to 10 frame window
sindel able to scream after 21 now and able t juggle with b3~scream
smoke bomb otg removed
cyber sub bomb has a smaller buffer window
jax ex dash punch goes farther and has armor.
jax has a gp fake
quan chi sky drop adv lessoned
quan chi reset after trance removed
quan chi skeletal boost after trance trade removed
quan chi can now move after trance hits
raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1

Tweaks coming a few hours after the patch:

sonya cannot link military stance after d4
sonya dive kick inf removed
kabal cannot link dash after d4
KL infinite removed
kano up ball is now more disadv on block
more various bugs fixed
[size=+1]Also, Improved netplay*[/size]

Thanks to TomBrady on TestYourMight for the info

Noice, my hype for this game was starting to cool down.

[SIZE=+1]Also, Improved netplay*[/SIZE]

I hope they really mean this. I've been trying to play ranked matches the past few days and 9 out of 10 are so laggy that it's almost unplayable (and I have a great connection). It'd also be nice if they could speed up the matchmaking... waiting 10 minutes between matches is just silly.

Patch IS NOT coming this week.

*PATCH UPDATE* Okay, from our source GoogleMyName via twitter, we have this update:mad:CEOJebailey Alex Jebailey

"I was just given word Directly from Netherrealm Studios that the Latest patch Will NOT be out this week before CEO everyone @Test_Your_Might"

We apologize for the change-up as we're trying to provide everyone with the most accurate information as we receive it. Also, thank you to NRS and Alex with keeping us updated on this time change. ~ STORMS

[quote name='lolwut?']lolwut? Nightwolf is godlike[/QUOTE]

I couldn't beat his Tower Challenges so I accused him of sucking instead of practicing so I get better at him.

http://www.trmk.org/news/22474/mortal_kombat_season_pass_for_xbox_360_announced.html

We just got sent an important press release related to Mortal Kombat (2011) DLC. It appears they are taking a page from LA Noire and offering customers a discounted "Mortal Kombat Season Pass" to get all four DLC characters for a discounted price of 1200 Microsoft Points, a 400 Point discount over buying them each individually. Also, it was announced that compatibility packs will be offered for free, which include the klassic Sketor and Cyrax skins.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are excited to announce the Mortal Kombat Season Pass which will offer Mortal Kombat fans an added incentive to buy all four new Add-on warriors at one time for a reduced price instead of when purchasing them individually. The first Mortal Kombat downloadable warrior, Skarlet, will be available for download starting June 21st and will be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament! Each warrior will come with a full move set, a ladder arcade story ending and two fatalities.

Available for purchase starting June 21st, the Mortal Kombat Season Pass will allow users to buy all four downloadable warriors as a package for 1200 Microsoft points. Each individual warrior can be purchased when they release for 400 Microsoft points. Each warrior will become unlocked for download as they become available throughout the summer.

Further, in order to allow for seamless online play with the new downloadable warriors, free compatibility packs will be required to download with the release of each new warrior. As an added incentive, each compatibility pack will come with two FREE klassic skins – the first of which are being released with Skarlet will be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 inspired Cyrax and Sektor. Gamers who purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass (or individual Add-on content) will automatically get the free klassic skins when they download each warrior. Those who do not purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass or the Add-ons, will be able to download the compatibility packs for free and have access to the klassic skins as well.

Please note: The Mortal Kombat Season Pass is only available for purchase on Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE. PlayStation users will also have full access to the individual DLC warriors (for $4.99), the compatibility packs, and the FREE klassic skins.

We are not sure why this is not coming for PlayStation 3 users, as LA Noire's Rockstar Pass is cross platform, but it's nice to see the Xbox 360 getting some exclusive love.

[quote name='Trakan']So if they go beyond the 4 announced characters, will the season pass include them?[/QUOTE]
Available for purchase starting June 21st, the Mortal Kombat Season Pass will allow users to buy all four downloadable warriors as a package for 1200 Microsoft points.
I'd imagine WB/NRS might offer another pass if they go beyond these four characters.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I was hoping Kenshi was free, thought I had seen someone post a bit back that Ed Boon said the DLC would be free.

fuck.[/QUOTE]
Further, in order to allow for seamless online play with the new downloadable warriors, free compatibility packs will be required to download with the release of each new warrior. As an added incentive, each compatibility pack will come with two FREE klassic skins – the first of which are being released with Skarlet will be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 inspired Cyrax and Sektor.

I think quite a few in the community (and maybe Boon himself) thought the pre-order classic skins were going to be the free DLC he mentioned in his tweets/interviews. At least we're looking at a total of 8 free skins with these 4 new characters.

I might jump on the pack. It's not a terrible price. I'm just curious if they'll release an ultimate edition of the game with all DLC.

Ehhh; that's cool, but it'd be much better if the pack was 800 points, at least for a limited time, like the Rockstar Pass was.

Finally finished the story mode the other day, and I've never been a fan of Raiden like I am in this game. Wasn't thrilled with the ending. Not that I thought it was bad, necessarily, it just wasn't what I worked for. In fact I'm pretty sure I yelled "AW fuck OFF." Also I discovered I'm a huge fan of Raiden.

[quote name='seanr1221']I might jump on the pack. It's not a terrible price. I'm just curious if they'll release an ultimate edition of the game with all DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will, but I'd say the season pass price is good enough for me to warrant a purchase. Not really worth the hassle for me to sell this copy of the game and then spend 50-60 bucks on it again for the version with all the DLC.

every piece of hatemail here was a result of losing to Sindel :cool:

yQzfK.jpg

well that sucks that ps3 player have to pay extra $5 and no pass, hmmm, i might just wait forever til these are on sale i hope... or they get it together and give psn users the same discount pass...

$15 bucks for 4 characters is still too pricey for me. I would be down for 200 pts per, with a bundle costing 600. I think that is more reasonable.

[quote name='Velo214']well that sucks that ps3 player have to pay extra $5 and no pass, hmmm, i might just wait forever til these are on sale i hope... or they get it together and give psn users the same discount pass...[/QUOTE]Can't you PSN players gameshare it? Are we not CAGs???

[quote name='BustaUppa']Can't you PSN players gameshare it? Are we not CAGs???[/QUOTE]
Yes, but some of us (like myself), would prefer to have it on their personal accounts.

[quote name='Yanksfan']$15 bucks for 4 characters is still too pricey for me. I would be down for 200 pts per, with a bundle costing 600. I think that is more reasonable.[/QUOTE]

I think it's comparatively reasonable, but I can understand waiting for a sale or something if you aren't that into fighting games. You may not even want all the characters, so you can decide to pick and choose instead. 600 points for all of them is probably just unrealistic, though. This is the cheapest that DLC characters have ever been in a fighter before.

[quote name='Kurayami']Look at it this way. PS3 players already got an extra character for free with Kratos.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Boon pretty much said on his twitter that this is the "360 exclusive" in a joking manner. I'll take what I can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait until they announce the fourth character before making a decision. It might turn out to be someone I absolutely hate.

I'll probably buy it anyways.

bread's done
Back