Namco is about to announce Tales of GGT 75 vs Tekken Championship Edition DX Infinity

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What is "DL media"? Dual-layered, i'm assuming? Are most PS2 games that or...?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: @ manthing.

DVD-R DL is dual layer DVD, which is 8gb+ of data.

I couldn't tell you how big a PS2 game is. Anyone who had a PS2 hdd and managed to play games off it (Hank? I think he said he did that with DQ8...) could better comment on the size of PS2 games, perhaps.

Man, weather service just put out a Winter Storm Warning for us and saying we're going to get some really bad icing on our powerlines. Local weather even said that the conditions are right to knock our power out for anywhere from a day to two weeks.

This is some reallllll bullshit.

Edit: What the fuck? I thought I had to get 100% completion in RDR to do the
final story mission
and you actually don't? Man, I'mma go do that shit now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nooooooooooooo!
Have to go to work again!!!!!!!!

I really do hate my current job, more than any I've ever had.
I cannot wait until I can turn in a 2 weeks notice. Will be the happiest two weeks there ever.
And I finally figured out why I hate it so much. My bosses are idiots and I'm always fixing their mistakes.
I know a lot of people say that, but at least in my last few jobs, even if I didn't love the boss, I could respect them. They knew more than me.
It just isn't the case here.

I agree, I really like the Dissidia CG. I was just looking at the second game the other day actually. I didn't realize the second game was coming out so soon.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl: @ manthing.

DVD-R DL is dual layer DVD, which is 8gb+ of data.

I couldn't tell you how big a PS2 game is. Anyone who had a PS2 hdd and managed to play games off it (Hank? I think he said he did that with DQ8...) could better comment on the size of PS2 games, perhaps.[/QUOTE]
There are only like, a few PS2 games that are dual layered. MGS2 Substance, Xenosaga, and Wild Arms Alter Code F are the only three I can remember. Rest are either single layered or CD, varying sizes.

Yes, I did that with DQ8. :bouncy:

So birthday is coming in 4 weeks. Imma pick up some games I still need to get/rebuy, like SMT Nocturne.

tumblr_lek0bqK29a1qa9irko1_500.gif

[quote name='hankmecrankme']There are only like, a few PS2 games that are dual layered. MGS2 Substance, Xenosaga, and Wild Arms Alter Code F are the only three I can remember. Rest are either single layered or CD, varying sizes.

Yes, I did that with DQ8. :bouncy:

So birthday is coming in 4 weeks. Imma pick up some games I still need to get/rebuy, like SMT Nocturne.[/QUOTE]

God of War I and II are dual-layer discs as well.

Played through Chapter 1 of Dead Space 2. Enjoying it so far, but it was only the tutorial chapter. I'm installing Extraction now so once that's done it's off to bed.

I haven't touched DS2 in few days because I got hooked on VC2. But I think I'll take s break from that and play some more DS2 because I'm getting annoyed at a mission.

Woke up this morning to a huge fucking sheet of ice covering everything outside. The roads are horrible and everything outside looks like an icy wasteland. The weather said it's gonna be keeping the icing up until tonight and then it's going to drop some serious powder on us, 6 to 10 inches to be exact.

This suuuuuuucks.

Good thing I bought Lost Planet yesterday to remind me how to survive in a snowpocalypse.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Lets just end it here, the thread is not going to get any better.[/QUOTE]

Ok, somebody make a new GGT.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Everyone group hug

especially you icebeezy[/QUOTE]
I like hugs :grouphug:.

Also, on the topic of Dissidia I didn't really like the gameplay of the first one (well by that I mean the fighting wasn't bad but the board game maps for the story mode were bland), but I'll agree that CG was fairly awesome, especially since Terra was in there.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, they are calling for a snowpocalypse here too. I usually call it Snowmageddon though.[/QUOTE] I like snowmageddon, too. :cool:

[quote name='distgfx']What's snow?[/QUOTE] White powdery ice hell that causes frostbite and death. You can kill it with fire.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39Lm_HRfOs[/QUOTE]
I LOVE THIS SONG. Seriously, when I was putting salt down this morning I was listening to the DJ Hero 2 mix of it and ABC by the Jackson 5.

Apparently, Saint Louis is in for a Snowmageddon pretty soon. It was pouring rain this morning, and the temp is like 32... it's supposed to get colder, meaning the roads will be terrible. I think they're saying we might get like a half inch of ice, and as much as a foot of snow. If so, no school for me.

Anyway, I'm playing 999. I'm not that far into it, but man is it awesome. It really reminds me of a lot of those older, obscure Japanese games you see on hardcoregaming101 that never came to the US, and when you think about it, it's kind of remarkable this even got localized. I'm also reminded of the older Shin Megami Tensei games... at least in terms of the visual style and atmosphere. And the soundtrack is great -- it really benefits from headphones/good speakers.

We supposed to get like, an inch of snow today and 3 to 6 inches tomorrow, then a low of -9 on Wednesday night. So fun.

Bring on spring you motherfuckers.

We have a half inch of ice now with more coming down hard, they're saying it'll change over to snow this evening and snow till tomorrow night.

I'm assuming everyone's going to die.

I hope that the snow that's coming isn't too bad... it's been hard to put out the garbage/recycling lately... now the recycling bin is overflowing. it needs to go out this week... and of course, the night before they collect we're scheduled for nastiness. :|

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']glad that sony decided to be slightly more clear on PS1 PSN games[/QUOTE]

What?

--

BCR2 is this week? I might have to grab that.

I'm gonna beat Phoenix Wright Justice For All tonight, I'm fairly sure I'm almost done now but I was up till 2am playing it last night and I was getting really tired so I went to bed without finishing but when I get off work I'm gonna end that game. And then maybe start 999 (for my handheld game, at some point I'll get back to the Ace Attorney series since I really want to play Miles Edgeworth Investigates because he is my favorite character in the series, but I want to get through all the games that precede it first).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What?

--

BCR2 is this week? I might have to grab that.[/QUOTE]

go to the euro PS blog, they have a whole outline of the review process

also, kinda pissed BCR2 is $15 but I am willing to bite.

I just want them to hurry up and release Vagrant Story on PSN in America; my PS3 refuses to read my disc for that game (probably because I bought it used way back and it was scratched as hell). I borrowed one of my roommates copies back in college when I got the urge to replay it but I didn't finish it and I'd like to have a working copy for when I get another urge to play that game. I really love Vagrant Story, the only Ivalice game I've really enjoyed and beaten.

I'm now thinking my MvC3 team should be Dante & 2 chicks.

Dante | C. Viper | Chun-Li
Dante | Lei Lei | Morrigan
Dante | Phoenix | X-23

Or some combination there-in? It just sucks that Lei Lei is unlockable... (and that they used the english name for her which is 33424x harder to pronounce correctly).

--

One of these days I should finish some of the XBLA games I bought like ilomilo and case west. That's just what comes to mind after thinking about buying BCR2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icebeast']I just want them to hurry up and release Vagrant Story on PSN in America; my PS3 refuses to read my disc for that game (probably because I bought it used way back and it was scratched as hell). I borrowed one of my roommates copies back in college when I got the urge to replay it but I didn't finish it and I'd like to have a working copy for when I get another urge to play that game. I really love Vagrant Story, the only Ivalice game I've really enjoyed and beaten.[/QUOTE]

I really want it to come out on PSN so I can play it for the first time. :D

[quote name='ihadFG']I really want it to come out on PSN so I can play it for the first time. :D[/QUOTE]

The game is really fun, if you've ever played Parasite Eve it has a similar combat system but with a bit more timing of button presses to combo your attacks. The game is super focused on crafting equipment which I really enjoyed. And the plot I found to be fairly interesting and the major setting is in a really lonely uninhabitat place which is kind of different from most other RPGs, it kind of reminds me of Castlevania Symphony of the Night in that regard (sort of like you're in a place where you feel like you're basically alone, but there are a couple of other characters running around that appear from time to time).

[quote name='icebeast']The game is really fun, if you've ever played Parasite Eve it has a similar combat system but with a bit more timing of button presses to combo your attacks. The game is super focused on crafting equipment which I really enjoyed. And the plot I found to be fairly interesting and the major setting is in a really lonely uninhabitat place which is kind of different from most other RPGs, it kind of reminds me of Castlevania Symphony of the Night in that regard (sort of like you're in a place where you feel like you're basically alone, but there are a couple of other characters running around that appear from time to time).[/QUOTE]

I've never played Parasite Eve before either. :whistle2:#
(Although I'd like for it to come to PSN as well so I can play it.)

But yeah, everything I've seen and heard about Vagrant Story has made me want to play it. It sounds like something I'll really like.

[quote name='ihadFG']I've never played Parasite Eve before either. :whistle2:#
(Although I'd like for it to come to PSN as well so I can play it.)[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's ok I never owned the game, I remember renting it back when I was younger and really liking Parasite Eve, so I'd like to see it on PSN so I can actually beat it (although from watching the final parts of the game where my roommate was playing through it I know that using a guide isn't a bad thing for that part unless you enjoy fighting a 3 form final boss multiple times, i.e. there is a maze sequence following the final boss where you can die really easily and even a trick save point that doesn't work (and trying to use it is really libel to get you killed), and if you die you get to fight the final boss again).

bread's done
Back