New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Komentra']Yeah but it did get great reviews and a lot attention in the video game media when it released and it sold close to 500k compared to Xcom's 150k but then again they're completely different types of games so comparing them is probably unfair, I'm just going by sales and that it probably would of got more attention if Dishonored wasn't released the same day.

I'm sure it did much better on PC since most PC gamers are already familiar with the quality of Firaxis's work through the Civ series.[/QUOTE]
Then again I doubt all the top 10 accolades that XCom got went unnoticed. I Still think it sold progressively more then 150K due to the fact that this is the first time the console version (albeit just one version) has gone below the $30 mark for new as far as I know.

Also XCom being basically known as a PC series I think didn't hurt it's sales numbers on the PC as well.
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']But I'm a videogame hoarder and if $9.99 is where they bottom out, then maybe I should buy them at this price so I can play them when I get a kinect (probably the next black friday).[/QUOTE]
If you live in an apartment building and you have neighbors below you then God help their souls. I Still say you can wait until you get a Kinect before jumping in on it. Since I think Fable is a Microsoft title it should be under $20 again by end of the year. As for Baller Beats, I'm sure you'll find it cheap used by the end of the year, but with the basketball...eh, maybe a bit more harder to come by.

Maybe when I visit Best Buy tomorrow, I will magically find Pikimin 2 there. The Site says its unavailable, but I usually don't believe it.

And of course, the Site would tell me Saints Row 3 is available in the areas closest to me. But not Pikimin 2? :lol:

Pretty lacking in the Xbox department - nothing here for me. Oh well, I'll be picking up multiple copies of Far Cry 3 with my welcome pack B2G1 free.

[quote name='strait edge follower']my god how many sales are bestbuy having today ? the b2g2 free used ds deal, the halo 4 and ass creed 3 guide deals, this one ..... its fall 2011 clearance madness all over again !!!!![/QUOTE]

Don't sully the name of that sale or March 2010 with this. Only good pickups are 3DS & PS3, inventory is low at all locations, and did that guide sale happen anywhere except that one store?

Nothing beat the March 2010 sale where 100 or so games got dropped to $10 and lines were out the door that Sunday morning to get the games.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Yeah Xcom is back. Just go to the item page, and you'll see it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, just ordered one. Thanks OP for the heads up as well. :D

[quote name='psihog']xcom ps3 is back[/QUOTE]

Thanks, said "Sold Out Online" when you search for it, but clicking on it will let you add to cart.

Got Starhawk and XCom. Disappointing that I missed out on the $5 games.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']What happened to the listing for kirby mass attack :(
It's gone... Anyone have the sku or anything? Want to see if any of my stores have one.[/QUOTE]

this

Just ordered Pokemon rumble blast and adventure time for store pickup tomorrow, how they got some good Blu-Ray deals I'm store

[quote name='dgwillia006']Incase it comes back in stock, opinions on Xcom? Looks interesting[/QUOTE]
if you even had to ask, then maybe it is not the game for you

[quote name='strait edge follower']this[/QUOTE]

Well, that's obvious lol. Not sure why they took the listing for it down though.

Anyways, the SKU is 2971166, but apparently bestbuy "fixed" their in stock search so I can't just switch out the sku number in the address bar :(

[quote name='YBX87']if you even had to ask, then maybe it is not the game for you[/QUOTE]

Well I saw the gameplay, I'm a fan of RPGs. Just seeing if it gets repetitive or has any issues, already knee deep in backlog and have 3 games coming in the next week too.

So it'd just be sitting on my shelf till further notice

Im curious as well, I remember my store had quite a few clearance games like Catherine that were less than the sticker price, but still more than 20$. Wonder if those are getting cleared out too

Alright so Pokemon Rumble came back up for shipping.

Got that and got my nephew Finding Nemo so I'm good the rest of the games I can wait for.
Wish I got pikmin 2 though really want to try out the series though.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well I saw the gameplay, I'm a fan of RPGs. Just seeing if it gets repetitive or has any issues, already knee deep in backlog and have 3 games coming in the next week too.

So it'd just be sitting on my shelf till further notice[/QUOTE]

No issues, best strategy game IMO since Valkyria Chronicles 1. Won many GotY awards last year (specifically Giant Bomb & Joystiq.) Great replay value as once you beat it on easy/normal there's hard and ironman modes (ironman has only 1 save file and you can't save mid battle.)

[quote name='Green Card200']Missed out on pikmin =([/QUOTE]

You and 99 percent of the rest of the people on here including me :(

Only thing that was really a once in a lifetime deal imo

[quote name='MSUHitman']No issues, best strategy game IMO since Valkyria Chronicles 1. Won many GotY awards last year (specifically Giant Bomb & Joystiq.) Great replay value as once you beat it on easy/normal there's hard and ironman modes (ironman has only 1 save file and you can't save mid battle.)[/QUOTE]

Wow its Valkyria Chronicles good? Damn, now I HAVE to order it if it shows up.

Not sure how the hell I haven't heard about it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Im curious as well, I remember my store had quite a few clearance games like Catherine that were less than the sticker price, but still more than 20$. Wonder if those are getting cleared out too[/QUOTE]

I meant non games. my stores don't have "normal" clearance only storewide "clearance" sales such as this

[quote name='hotpocket']Did I miss out on everything? Don't see any 3DS games through the link.

edit: nvm, I searched and found them.[/QUOTE]

The ones left are pokemon rumble blast and adventure time. You many have to search for them manually though

Just get to Best Buy early for the game/s you really want. I have, personally, seen a store with a ton of Skyward Swords when the store locator said they had none. This was during the $19.99 sale not too long ago.

The locator isn't always correct. I think it shows unavailable when there are less than 3, too. Get the SKU number and have a store find it for you EARLY.

Thanks OP!

thanks op I originally bought adventure time for my sister on the DS, but she got a 3DS this past chirstmas so for $10 I bought her the 3DS version algebraic :D

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow its Valkyria Chronicles good? Damn, now I HAVE to order it if it shows up.

Not sure how the hell I haven't heard about it[/QUOTE]

It was huge pretty sure there was a lot of coverage for it but I don't blame you some guy from fireaxis actually tried selling the game to people in gamestop and no one knew what the game was about.

Anyone wondering why the 360 never goes on sale? Unless I'm missing something the PS3 version is on sale most of the time but never 360.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow its Valkyria Chronicles good? Damn, now I HAVE to order it if it shows up.

If you look at the old episodes of Podcast Beyond on IGN from the fall and find the one about X:Com (they interview lead designer Jake Solomon) he specifically says VC was a major influence on how to get a turn-based strat game w/combat to work on a console. His team is also the ones that did Civ: Revolution for consoles.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just get to Best Buy early for the game/s you really want. I have, personally, seen a store with a ton of Skyward Swords when the store locator said they had none. This was during the $19.99 sale not too long ago.

The locator isn't always correct. I think it shows unavailable when there are less than 3, too. Get the SKU number and have a store find it for you EARLY.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

a lot of the time if the item is on sale and all stores say unavailable they just want you to come to the store and browse for it. I've seen lots of games say unavailable when they had a lot left.

But my store hides all the games on sale in the back so people don't buy them out.. but i guess clearance items they don't care about.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diazt350']It was huge pretty sure there was a lot of coverage for it but I don't blame you some guy from fireaxis actually tried selling the game to people in gamestop and no one knew what the game was about.

Anyone wondering why the 360 never goes on sale? Unless I'm missing something the PS3 version is on sale most of the time but never 360.[/QUOTE]

The video you're referring about. Note this isn't a GS but a local mom & pop near the Firaxis offices.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1pyJxcETmc

its one of the few games that made me choke up. beautifull soundtrack, amazing stylized water color like graphics and the gameplay is godly. just get ready to die in chapter 7, alot lol. get it if you can find it !!!!

Not sure if anyone is interested, but Calibur11 MLG is $9.99 with free shipping.
They no longer have the others like battlefield, gears, etc.
They had Calibur11 last summer for $15 and man those things clear out so fast.

Thanks op

[quote name='jrr6415sun']it just shows unavailable when they want you to come to the store and browse for it. I've seen lots of games say unavailable when they had a lot left.

But my store hides all the games on sale in the back so people don't buy them out.. but i guess clearance items they don't care about.[/QUOTE]

by in the back, do you mean so obscure shelf area in the gaming area or the actual back storage room for employees only ;). I'm sure a sizable amount of stores for all retailers do that.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Is XCOM going to have a GOTY edition?

edit: Is this the reason why such a popular game is being clearanced out?[/QUOTE]

No it's b/c the PS3 version didn't sell as well as XBox. There's no GotY edition b/c the only DLC is the pre-order (first print run) pack and 1 post-release pack of 3 missions.

[quote name='coopscohen']Anyone have an opinion on Darksiders II for the Wii U?[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it yet, just ordered it myself. My research on the multi-platform comparison: here.
Seems that the consensus is that the WiiU version is the weakest of the four versions in terms of performance, though it's hard to refuse at this price point. Also, the 5+ hours of included DLC only sweetens the deal.

bread's done
Back