NFL 2007 Season Thread

Those Eagles fans aint got shit on the Chargers "fans". I think it was the second or third game of the season and they were already chanting "Marty! Marty!" during the game.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Judging from the people I'm around with everyday (I'm in high school), no one gives a shit about the Eagles much anymore, win or lose. Almost every sports team here doesn't excite anyone except for our Phillies :lol: and baseball is over. I didn't say I was rooting against them, just that I don't care if they lose anymore or not. hehe[/quote]

Exactly. Remember 5 years ago when Philadelphia was a football town and no one cared about the Phillies? Or 10 years ago when Philadelphia was a hockey town and no one cared about the Eagles?

[quote name='javeryh']Exactly. Remember 5 years ago when Philadelphia was a football town and no one cared about the Phillies? Or 10 years ago when Philadelphia was a hockey town and no one cared about the Eagles?[/quote]

exactly...

i live in Allentown, PA. Remember when the Eagles went to the superbowl? asshole eagles fans couldn't wait to shove that in my face. I couldnt wear my Giants jersey anywhere. Everyone was proud and excited.

Now?

no one gives a damn. i honestly have not seen a eagles jersey worn by anyone since this season started.

[quote name='javeryh']Typical Eagles fan. ;) I'd still be rooting for the Giants to win even if they were 1-14 going into the last week of the season draft picks be damned. Never ever ever root against your team.[/quote]

I'll admit, people around here HATE the Eagles when they're losing. They want everyone fired. Personally I love em'.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']
i live in Allentown, PA. Remember when the Eagles went to the superbowl? asshole eagles fans couldn't wait to shove that in my face. I couldnt wear my Giants jersey anywhere. Everyone was proud and excited.

Now?

no one gives a damn. i honestly have not seen a eagles jersey worn by anyone since this season started.[/quote]

Well when wearing a division rival's jersey you're going to have to expect shit like that. I get weird looks when I wear my Raider's hat but they're so bad right now I don't think anyone cares.

And if you haven't seen an Eagles jersey this season then you haven't been paying attention. Even with their current record I still see so many.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I'll admit, people around here HATE the Eagles when they're losing. They want everyone fired. [/quote]

Well I'm not one of them. Even though I get frustrated, I like the coaching staff and most of the players.

[quote name='Chitown021']C'mon LenDale White. I only need 3 pts TOTAL from you tonight to win my fantasy game in one of my leagues.[/quote]

I lost my game due to Romo's and T.O.'s great game. My opponent had both!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I lost my game due to Romo's and T.O.'s great game. My opponent had both![/quote]

I'm in two leagues this year. One is a work league and the other I started to raise money for a friend's family (my friend passed away earlier this year).

In my league I can win with LenDale. In my other league I got slaughtered by T.O. WE have one guy in my league that got Brady and Moss. He averages about 110 pts a week. I think the league average is more like 75 pts.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I'll admit, people around here HATE the Eagles when they're losing. They want everyone fired. Personally I love em'.

Well when wearing a division rival's jersey you're going to have to expect shit like that. I get weird looks when I wear my Raider's hat but they're so bad right now I don't think anyone cares.

And if you haven't seen an Eagles jersey this season then you haven't been paying attention. Even with their current record I still see so many.[/quote]

do you live in the Lehigh Valley? because i honestly have not seen any eagles jerseys.

Spread on the Pats/Eagles game this week is 23.5. Plus, if McNabb doesn't play they say it might go up to 27.5. Insanity.

... I still think they are going to cover.

[quote name='javeryh']Spread on the Pats/Eagles game this week is 23.5. Plus, if McNabb doesn't play they say it might go up to 27.5. Insanity.

... I still think they are going to cover.[/quote]

i dont think anyone would bet against the Pats even with that spread

[quote name='becuzimbrown']do you live in the Lehigh Valley? because i honestly have not seen any eagles jerseys.[/quote]

I'm not that far from Allentown. I'm in Bucks County, I'm a bit closer to the city however so maybe that's why.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I'm not that far from Allentown. I'm in Bucks County, I'm a bit closer to the city however so maybe that's why.[/quote]

yea, probably

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i dont think anyone would bet against the Pats even with that spread[/QUOTE]

You might as well just throw that money down the toilet if you are betting against the Pats.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You might as well just throw that money down the toilet if you are betting against the Pats.[/quote]

I had this really weird dream where I was watching that game and the Eagles were losing. Then all of the sudden, it was either Moss or Brady, took a hit and just started throwing up all this blood. I think some of their fingers were messed up too, and some missing teeth. I don't want this to happen to anyone, just a really weird dream I had and I thought I'd share it.

Priest Holmes of the Chiefs is retiring today after re-injuring his neck. I feel sorry for the Chiefs fans after losing Larry Johnson for a while and now Holmes for good.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Priest Holmes of the Chiefs is retiring today after re-injuring his neck. I feel sorry for the Chiefs fans after losing Larry Johnson for a while and now Holmes for good.[/quote]

That's some bad news. Better safe than sorry though, going back to the NFL is not worth risking his life for.

How is that dude from the Bills doing? Kevin Everret, I think that's his name....

[quote name='Inf^Shini']

How is that dude from the Bills doing? Kevin Everret, I think that's his name....[/QUOTE]

Everret gave an address to the Bills fans on Sunday night's game against the Pats. He's out of the hospital/rehabilitation center and is now at home. He is able to do some walking, like pushing a cart around at the supermarket. Talk about an incredible miracle...

That blows, Detroit kept the pile going just to kill the clock :/

Green Bay woulda had a shot at a TD and they should've called a delay of game on the Lions

Man, they had me worried in the beginning, turning it over on their first offensive play. Now KGB and Charles Woodson are out with injuries, I just hope they can recover for next week's game :/

17-9 Green Bay leads at half time for those who aren't watching it yet ;)

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Did you like that United Way ad?

"Free NFL WALLPAPER"[/quote]

I missed that commercial.

I do love those "Dude" commercials they got though :rofl:

[quote name='Chitown021']Dammit Favre I need FGs from Crosby or TDs from Jennings.[/quote]
haha, well you got one of each so far ;)

Meh, I go to take a shower and the Lions score a TD. Guess I need to watch the game the whole through then eh? :roll:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Greenbay 10-1 ha ha take that haters lol happy Thanksgiving people[/quote]

Say what? There are Packer Haters?

Man, it was a trip. EVERY time I left the room, the Packers started struggling, gave up big plays and TD's, and the offense went 3 and out.

When I come back in, they start making stops and drive down the field. On their last possession on 3rd and 1, I leave the room for a second and they aren't able to convert. I come back in when the Lions get the ball and they get stopped, brought back for holding, and ultimately turn the ball over on downs.

Again, this was a TRIP.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']My immediate thought as well.[/quote]

You ever see the hatred between Chicago,Minnesota,and Greenbay fans lol...

Greenbay will have to bring the "A" game next week playing Dallas... other than that the rest of thier season looks like a cake walk to the playoffs

[quote name='Derrick1979']You ever see the hatred between Chicago,Minnesota,and Greenbay fans lol...

Greenbay will have to bring the "A" game next week playing Dallas... other than that the rest of thier season looks like a cake walk to the playoffs[/quote]You have to hate the teams in your division. Next thursday's game should be great.

[quote name='DT778']You have to hate the teams in your division. Next thursday's game should be great.[/quote]

Of course you do, I have the heated Greenbay/Chicago rivalry on my side because of my fiance's family... If Greenbay can beat Dallas I will be convinced they are Superbowl contenders..

I've spent more Thanksgivings with Joey Harrington than I have my real family. The guy always finds a way to get himself into a Thanksgiving day game. All those years with the Lions, then the Dolphins AGAINST the Lions last year, and now the Falcons.

Green Bay is a semi-fraud IMHO. If they beat Dallas next week they're a contender but right now I think they're a slightly above average team with an inflated record due to their weak schedule and division. Chicago is riddled with injuries, Minnesota is the AP/Taylor show and that's about it, and Detriot is quickly showing thier true colors as the fraud most people knew they were.

GB is a 10-6 team that will probably end up 14-2 or 13-3 because of the schedule. Hell they were given two games they probably should've lost by Philly and Washington.

[quote name='Chitown021']Green Bay is a semi-fraud IMHO. If they beat Dallas next week they're a contender but right now I think they're a slightly above average team with an inflated record due to their weak schedule and division. Chicago is riddled with injuries, Minnesota is the AP/Taylor show and that's about it, and Detriot is quickly showing thier true colors as the fraud most people knew they were.

GB is a 10-6 team that will probably end up 14-2 or 13-3 because of the schedule. Hell they were given two games they probably should've lost by Philly and Washington.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true Bears fan (like me:lol: )

The only way I would ever want the Packers to succeed is if they can knock off Brady and the Patriots.

I need the Packers to be the real deal this season, well at least in the NFC. I have a bet with my friend that whichever team is the first to six superbowl wins, between the 49ers and Cowboys, the other guy has to wear that teams jersey for the next season. So if the Cowboys win I'm going to have to sport one of their ugly jerseys :puke:.

[quote name='DT778']I need the Packers to be the real deal this season, well at least in the NFC. I have a bet with my friend that whichever team is the first to six superbowl wins, between the 49ers and Cowboys, the other guy has to wear that teams jersey for the next season. So if the Cowboys win I'm going to have to sport one of their ugly jerseys :puke:.[/quote]

you still have about 3-4 years before your boys have a chance...

[quote name='Chitown021']Green Bay is a semi-fraud IMHO. If they beat Dallas next week they're a contender but right now I think they're a slightly above average team with an inflated record due to their weak schedule and division. Chicago is riddled with injuries, Minnesota is the AP/Taylor show and that's about it, and Detriot is quickly showing thier true colors as the fraud most people knew they were.

GB is a 10-6 team that will probably end up 14-2 or 13-3 because of the schedule. Hell they were given two games they probably should've lost by Philly and Washington.[/quote]

Packers have fought and earned every win they have. If you want to talk about weak schedule look at who the Cowboys have played. NO ONE.

BTW the Bears schedule is easy as fuck but they can't even hack out a winning record. At least they'll get a decent draft pick. Maybe a QB this year? Oh, wait. You guys have that covered. "Rex is our Quarterback."

[quote name='ninju D']Packers have fought and earned every win they have. If you want to talk about weak schedule look at who the Cowboys have played. NO ONE.

BTW the Bears schedule is easy as fuck but they can't even hack out a winning record. At least they'll get a decent draft pick. Maybe a QB this year? Oh, wait. You guys have that covered. "Rex is our Quarterback."[/QUOTE]

.....The only "good" team the Packers have played were the Giants and maybe the Chargers but that stretching it. The Packers also lost against a shitty Bears team in which Dallas destroyed.

Sure the Cowboys haven't had all that hard of a schedule but don't act like the Packers have had stronger opponents. I see it pretty even.

We will see next week whom is top dog in the NFC.

[quote name='pimpinc333'].....The only "good" team the Packers have played were the Giants and maybe the Chargers but that stretching it. The Packers also lost against a shitty Bears team in which Dallas destroyed.

Sure the Cowboys haven't had all that hard of a schedule but don't act like the Packers have had stronger opponents. I see it pretty even.

We will see next week whom is top dog in the NFC.[/quote]

I knew sooner or later this argument would pop up in regards to the Packers.

I honestly cannot put all my confidence in the Packers yet until they prove themselves by defeating Dallas. That alone would make me believe they can go to the Superbowl and stick it to the AFC Champions.
The majority of teams are/seem to appear weaker than last year, but the fact that the Packers are 10-1 with their crazy schedule (Time constraint wise and their usual difficulty with road games, especially back-to-back wins) so far has impressed me. The Bears game to me was just a meltdown and some kind of funk that the Packers worked to get over and fix, struggling but winning their next three games in some hostile enviroments/situations.

It appears that the Packers have gotten over that hump but I'll be holding my breath til' the end of next Thursdays game.

I think the last part of this article sums it up:

Still, it's hard to gage whether the Pack is truly back. The Lions and New York Giants are the only teams Green Bay has played that currently have winning records. Favre himself admits to wondering whether an unbalanced offense can succeed over the long haul. Plus, no one knows how the NFL's youngest roster will respond under postseason pressure.
More answers about Green Bay should be known after next Thursday night's game at Dallas (10-1).
"I consider us lucky. I consider us pretty good," Favre said. "I also consider us kind of an unknown."
Except at quarterback.

[quote name='ninju D']Packers have fought and earned every win they have. If you want to talk about weak schedule look at who the Cowboys have played. NO ONE.

BTW the Bears schedule is easy as fuck but they can't even hack out a winning record. At least they'll get a decent draft pick. Maybe a QB this year? Oh, wait. You guys have that covered. "Rex is our Quarterback."[/quote]
Did I say anything about the Bears in my post? As a Bears fan I would be the first one to tell you that we suck this year for two reasons. The most prominent is injuries. We lost Tank Johnson before the season started to bad behavior and about half of our defensive starters since. The second is the continuing QB issues.

My point is that the Packers are a good team but at this point they haven't done anything to prove they belong on the same level as the Pats, Cowboys, or even the Steelers. Their record is not a true reflection of the team.

It's kinda like 2001 when we (Da Bears) finished 13-3. We were probably a 9-7 team that year but we won several games on an INT run back for a TD in OT or other freak plays. We then got romped at home by the Eagles in the playoffs because we weren't as good as our record indicated. The same thing is true of the Packers this year. Now if they beat the Cowboys then I say they belong but I don't see that happening.

EDIT: I think you made my point for me. Like you said the Pack have had to fight and earn every victory. The Pack have barely squeaked out victories against teams while the Cowboys have obliterated several of the weaker teams they've played. It's debatable whether the Pack should have won the Eagles and Skins games because the basically won on unforced errors. Those teams handed the games to them on a silver platter.

[quote name='monkeydeew']hey crytown, ill trade you my alex smith card for your rax grossman[/quote]

Throw in a Cryin' Ryan Leaf rookie and you've got a deal! ;)

[quote name='Chitown021']Did I say anything about the Bears in my post? As a Bears fan I would be the first one to tell you that we suck this year for two reasons. The most prominent is injuries. We lost Tank Johnson before the season started to bad behavior and about half of our defensive starters since. The second is the continuing QB issues.

My point is that the Packers are a good team but at this point they haven't done anything to prove they belong on the same level as the Pats, Cowboys, or even the Steelers. Their record is not a true reflection of the team.

It's kinda like 2001 when we (Da Bears) finished 13-3. We were probably a 9-7 team that year but we won several games on an INT run back for a TD in OT or other freak plays. We then got romped at home by the Eagles in the playoffs because we weren't as good as our record indicated. The same thing is true of the Packers this year. Now if they beat the Cowboys then I say they belong but I don't see that happening.[/quote]

Yeesh, I think you're going a bit too far there.

I think my last post covers it pretty well. Kinda blows that this game is going to be on NFL Network, this game needs some mainstream air time ;)

[quote name='monkeydeew']rick mirer + alex, take it or leaf if[/quote]

Got any Cade McNown rookies you can add to sweeten the deal?

I'll throw in a few Rashan Salaam rookies. He was a Heisman winner ya know! :lol:

[quote name='Chitown021'] The Pack have barely squeaked out victories against teams while the Cowboys have obliterated several of the weaker teams they've played. It's debatable whether the Pack should have won the Eagles and Skins games because the basically won on unforced errors. Those teams handed the games to them on a silver platter.[/quote]

The Cowboys are lucky they didn't lose to the Bills or the Redskins. Other than playing New England, the Cowboys schedule is no better than the Packers.

bread's done
Back