NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

The one game I played last night...never had that happen before. Up 2-1 with about a minute left, the other team grabs a penalty, and the one guy left on the ice pulls his team's goalie and then skates behind his net and stays there. Ok, no problem, just let the time run down. I then get a message on XBox Live saying "pull ur goalie". Haha, sure guy. Let me get right on that. A good win though guys.

So what's the deal now? Are all the games played? Are playoffs commencing?

Wow I'm gone for a couple days and the words are flying around here. I can't wait for the Sex Panther Mix Tape which has a bunch of disses on it. I'll be hating on the opponents who don't have the balls to play us when they see five of us ready to explode on em. ;)

Sorry I didn't make it last night but I went out drinking with a couple buddies and played Tip-It which I totally sucked at, but all and all it was fun. I should be able to play next week, at least for a couple hours.

I did the towel trick on my brothers two weeks ago and it worked fine. You'll just have to do it every five days I think. He never sent in a warranty, so he's screwed until he gets $140 collected.

Ok, deadline has passed, and I am sorry I could not get everyone in to finish the league. Playoffs will pit the 8 top ranked teams against each other. Round one will include:

S3anAmI Vs. Captain OBVIOU5
Mr. Hockey66 Vs. ChunkyBasty
Wpark83 Vs. ShadyMarino
DestroVega Vs. moojuiced

Best of luck to everyone. Let's get round one done within a week.

It won't let me check (surprise surprise), but it's also my fault for assuming that information would be readily available.Seriously, I have basically the same options as you guys, only I can reset the league, disband it, enable/disable trades, and pick a trophy. Play every game like it's your last. We'll know for sure once someone advances to round two. I am fairly sure I put it at Bo3, but we'll see.

Sa weet!

no offense sean but GO CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!

just a thought...After your games post a recap. What was the score. Give us some stats!

Let me know when your ready chunky. Hopefully my x-box will make it a couple days. It rrod today and im using the towel trick.

I don't understand how it set up the brackets for the playoffs. 1st and 2nd seed could meet in the second round although it did the first round right with the seeding. Just weird

You just don't want to play me Mr_hockey :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So why do some people who didn't finish their games get to advance and some don't? I mean, Captain Obvious deserved to move on, but still... Oh well. Hopefully any future league will have fewer complications, and I won't be busy during the 2 weeks that everyone plays their games in.

Nice...Shady, if you are available for our series before like 2 PM eastern tomorrow, let me know. If not, I'm usually good during the week between 7 and 9 East.

Hopin I get another shot at Sean in these playoffs, either to beat him or lose while giving him the respect of not quitting. Good luck to all!

My picks for round 1:

S3anAmI Vs. Captain OBVIOU5- Didn't get to play either so I'll go with the Captain.
Mr. Hockey66 Vs. ChunkyBasty- Chunky
Wpark83 Vs. ShadyMarino- Wpark83
DestroVega Vs. moojuiced- moojuiced in a shootout.

I'm just disappointed because if I could have played those games with Sean, I'd likely be in the playoffs. But oh well.

To be totally honest and blunt...the only people who didn't have their games finished by Friday were Sean, Obvious, and you. Both Obvious and Sean had to play you. If I kicked on of them, we would still have to wait. I kicked as few people as needed to to get the playoffs started ASAP.

As I mentioned when I talked you you in our games, and on this thread (though not directly to you on the thread, just in general), you're welcome to join in the next league, if we do one. It's just that this has gone on far too long, and we need to get things moving.

sean that is true!!!!

You make me nervous with the way you can score!

Good luck to all.

We should all throw something in. Winner gets the items? A cheapy game, A one monther, Some comics, Hockey cards. Etc. whatever Might make things fun!

I'll throw in a one monther, and all pro football

yeah, you can't kick people out who only have to play the person with the most games left to play, if that makes any sense.

Great finish to game 1 Moo... you were close Matt, he almost got to the shootout, won it in OT with 3 mins left

it sucks there are shootouts in the playoffs though.

[quote name='Matt Young']So why do some people who didn't finish their games get to advance and some don't? I mean, Captain Obvious deserved to move on, but still... Oh well. Hopefully any future league will have fewer complications, and I won't be busy during the 2 weeks that everyone plays their games in.[/QUOTE]

If you are refering to me, I was in first without your games so your games didn't matter. I think everyone had played all their games except against you.

Wpark, if you win your first round matchup and so do I, we will meet in the second round according to the bracket.

They might reseed the teams like they do in the NHL... I think they reseed there anyway... NHL or NBA... one does.

It's nice to have the confidence from the CAG members here, I will need all the extra fan support in my corner for my game tonight. Pre game beer will keep me loose, and all your thoughts will give me power. Hope to see you in the next round, Good luck to all and to you Sean

Captain OBVIOU5

Good games Captain Obvious. Have were figured out what it is best of? Obvious and I played 2 games and its still going so I think at least best of 5.

I am assuming one of you won both? Destro and I only played one, so I still don't know.

I think Wpark said he would be out until Monday.

Destro, now that I think back, I believe we both split OT wins in the regular season, so I guess it was kinda fitting that we went into OT again.

Shady, I can do 1 or 1:30. I have to be done with playing by 2:45, so if you can get there at 1, awesome, we might be able to finish the series? Or at least get in a good number of games. If not, 1:30 is fine and we can finish during the week.

Sean those were a couple of great games.

The first game started out with nerves as the first game of the playoffs were underway. The Oilers broke the 0-0 tie early in the first, then played shutdown hockey all the way till the third. The Atlanta Thrashers took advantage of one mistake, and turned it into two goals in a 30 sec. span. Holding on to a 2-1 win for the series lead.

Games two was back in Edmonton, and the same start. Edmoton takes the lead in the first, Atlanta stays on course and pots two quick ones late in the secound to take the lead. Late in the third the Thrashers put the nail in the ciffin scoreing their third of the game.

Intense, stressful, exciting. These games were all of the three. A great series on the ice so far.

Captain OBVIOU5

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']nate can you change the title of the thread to cag night on fridays at 8.[/quote]

Sorry, forgot I didn't change it back.

Twice the shots and twice the time on attack isn't enough to be Roberto Luongo in game 1. Good game Shady. That game tyer you scored I'm a bit pissed at...I thought I touched the puck for the whistle to blow for the penalty, and when I realized it hadn't, you had skated into my zone. Them's the breaks.

Game 1 of WPark and I's series was a good one. I was down 2-1 going into the third and I somehow scored two goals and held off a late attack for a 3-2 win. Great game.

Heading out to watch the Pitt game with some friends, but let me know what time is good for you WPark for our next game.

EDIT: That tying goal was crazy. I thought you had it too and when I skated away, I was like "oh shit". I'm sure Game 2 will also be a classic.

Shady, my plans for the day completely fell through. So I can play you anytime before 830 Eastern time. Just shoot me a PM, I'll get it on my blackberry and then hop on.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']Sean those were a couple of great games.

The first game started out with nerves as the first game of the playoffs were underway. The Oilers broke the 0-0 tie early in the first, then played shutdown hockey all the way till the third. The Atlanta Thrashers took advantage of one mistake, and turned it into two goals in a 30 sec. span. Holding on to a 2-1 win for the series lead.

Games two was back in Edmonton, and the same start. Edmoton takes the lead in the first, Atlanta stays on course and pots two quick ones late in the secound to take the lead. Late in the third the Thrashers put the nail in the ciffin scoreing their third of the game.

Intense, stressful, exciting. These games were all of the three. A great series on the ice so far.

Captain OBVIOU5[/QUOTE]

Great Summary!
First game Obvious out shot me by half a dozen at least, with Lethnonen coming up big with 19 saves, I think. Second games was more of a shot fest with both of us pretty even with about 30 shots each. The second period was dominated by my shooting, while Obvious controlled the third. Alot of off the post shots and through the crease shots for both sides in both games.

Playoff Rounds are 3 games... I just lost to Moo... good series Moo, I just can't score enough. Down to the wire both games, Ovechkin even got a shot off for the tie-try.

I'm definitely down for another league... If we have the same group I'm sure we could fly through another pretty quickly, we should even up the number of games from 2 to 3.

It is best of three. I can't play Destro anymore, even though the invite option is there. When you actually try to invite, it says that the round is complete. Great games Destro, look forward to playing againt next league.

Anyways, game 2 was close. Ovechkin gave the caps an early 1-0 lead with an early goal, beating Budaj over his right shoulder. The Avs founght back, but nothing came out of the rest of the period or the next for either teams. In the Third, the Avs came back with a goal by Svatos's fancy stickwork off a pass. With three minutes left, it looked like the game was headed into OT again, but Wolski's patience changed that with this goal:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4418393

Hey WPark my bro is over for the night so I probabaly won't be able to play tonight. Tomorrow night for sure we can finish the series.

EDIT:I'll throw in a autographed Pitt Panther by yours truly to the winner. ;)

Obviously 'cause i can't get enough, how would you guys feel about playing for third? Just to get some games in while the others finish the playoffs. The loser of the first round will square off to play the next exit or something to that effect. If your interested I will figure out some kind of double knock out type bracket to keep us going till the next season. Let me know.

Captain OBVIOU5

Shady, I'll probably be going to the gym for a bit after work, should be ready to play by 8. I guess let's shoot for 8, and if I think I'll be a bit late, I'll hit you up.

I think WP is the only one here other than me who works out regularly. Were he still in California, we could have filmed a Rocky like montage where one of us is Rocky and the other is Apollo Creed, in which we hip check slabs of hanging frozen meat and practice slap shots with round steaks before going for a run on Venice Beach. Vulcan could be Paulie, although he's not drunk or old.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think WP is the only one here other than me who works out regularly. Were he still in California, we could have filmed a Rocky like montage where one of us is Rocky and the other is Apollo Creed, in which we hip check slabs of hanging frozen meat and practice slap shots with round steaks before going for a run on Venice Beach. Vulcan could be Paulie, although he's not drunk or old.[/quote]

Sadly enough, no. I won't be doing any drinking anymore.Maybe 1 or 2 beers here and there. I had the worst case of a hang over and I thought I had poisoning. But thankfully, I'm still here fellas or so I hope. Hopefully I'll make it to this Friday for some more CAG action. Win some and lose some.

I work out 5 days a week and play on two dek-hockey teams and play softball in the summer. I will train the two of you.

I need training! Hockey tryouts next month! Haven't played in 8 years!

chunky I'll be on after 8 est. I'll be on till around 11. Hit me up!

I work out 4 days a week now and would try hockey but I can't even skate. :( There's a league here and they give lessons, but even if I did learn, it's no checking, which sucks. I want to hit and get hit.

[quote name='Matt Young']I work out 4 days a week now and would try hockey but I can't even skate. :( There's a league here and they give lessons, but even if I did learn, it's no checking, which sucks. I want to hit and get hit.[/quote]

Not when your getting hit by some one like me who is 380 and hits like a fucking brick wall lol.

If/When a next season/league gets started if there is any open spots I would love to play, Haven't been able to make friday nights lately but I can always get some scheduled games in.

LOL...wow...if you saw me Matt, you wouldn't have the same opinion. I'm a lump of shit. My friend has been kickin my ass in gear ever since I got back east, but believe me, I'm a weakling.

Well, here's the recap...

Game two started in Vancouver with WPark very worried for his continued playoff life. things didn't start off well as his defensemen scored on themselves to give the Canucks a one goal lead. After a second period game tie-er, the teams went into the third both fighting. With 48 seconds left, Marian Hossa got free for a break, and even got a little bump from a Canuck defensemen as he skated in. hossa dropped to his knee, got back up and put in a wrister five hole to give Detriot a 2-1 win.

Back in Detroit, Hossa struck early with a wrister from a ways out. The puck got deflected by Luongo's blocker, and Luongo made a move to his right, which pushed the puck behind him and in the net. The rest of the game was a struggle as both teams had great scoring opps. But with 20 seconds left, Pavel Datsyuk scored an empty net goal to put Detroit into round 2.

Great series Shady. I was really worried in game 2 after you went up one to nothing, Luongo wasn't giving me much. Look forward to playing you in the next league.

[quote name='Wpark83']Well, here's the recap...

Game two started in Vancouver with WPark very worried for his continued playoff life. things didn't start off well as his defensemen scored on themselves to give the Canucks a one goal lead. After a second period game tie-er, the teams went into the third both fighting. With 48 seconds left, Marian Hossa got free for a break, and even got a little bump from a Canuck defensemen as he skated in. hossa dropped to his knee, got back up and put in a wrister five hole to give Detriot a 2-1 win.

Back in Detroit, Hossa struck early with a wrister from a ways out. The puck got deflected by Luongo's blocker, and Luongo made a move to his right, which pushed the puck behind him and in the net. The rest of the game was a struggle as both teams had great scoring opps. But with 20 seconds left, Pavel Datsyuk scored an empty net goal to put Detroit into round 2.

Great series Shady. I was really worried in game 2 after you went up one to nothing, Luongo wasn't giving me much. Look forward to playing you in the next league.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHkD5pUW1I

I hate that man... :D

Great series WPark. I was hoping Roberto would be able to make some saves, but it wasn't to be. Good luck next round and we will meet again Hossa!!!

you know your a pens fan when you hate marian hossa!

Everytime I see him I say

SCREW YOU HOSSA!

Sucks he helped to put ya out shady.

Chunky and my self are very evenly matched. Look for a recapp later tonight. series tied 1-1 heading back to new jersey!

bread's done
Back